Megaman X : Eclipse

Eclipse · 40036

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• The Laberynth Librarian
  • Resistance Member
  • Individuality, so F*#K popularity
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 08:17:07 AM

This is what I have, I am sorry, but my mind is more focused on a few other projects currently, but I am honestly duckking down from this for sanity sake.

NMario and Yoku Man have me my secondary brain occupied, along with my own.  Good luck to you.

They're coming to take me away
hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=veasman#

Offline Eclipse

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 28, 2013, 07:00:59 AM

This is what I have, I am sorry, but my mind is more focused on a few other projects currently, but I am honestly duckking down from this for sanity sake.

NMario and Yoku Man have me my secondary brain occupied, along with my own.  Good luck to you.

Sorry, I didn't see this post till today, but it's completely understandable. Thanks for working on what you could! The shading has been significantly improved.

I wrote up a new blog post to clear up some confusion on how we're distributing Eclipse. It also includes some new screen shots of the game.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: January 28, 2013, 07:20:08 AM
Mmmph!

Love the punch behind those double shots, man. Rocks my socks.

Offline Eclipse

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: March 14, 2013, 12:25:46 AM
Here are some pictures -

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: March 14, 2013, 02:31:29 AM
Why does the second shot look like the mechaniloid is not properly animated when it is shooting downward.

Offline Eclipse

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: March 24, 2013, 12:48:58 AM
Not quite sure what you mean by that. Looks good to me when fighting him. How do you think he should look?

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: March 24, 2013, 02:16:23 AM
Probably have the arm extend when firing for a more dynamic pose?

Offline Eclipse

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: March 24, 2013, 04:58:36 PM
He does that in the 3rd pic. I'll see what I can do for the diagonal one, although we're still working on how he'll look, too. Consider this his "beta" sprite, I suppose.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #33 on: March 24, 2013, 09:24:52 PM
Reminds me of the unused miniboss sprite from MM7. Is that what this is?

As for the second pic, I suggest editing the sprite shown from the 3rd pic. Maybe try rotating his arm diagonally?

Offline Eclipse

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: March 25, 2013, 04:00:25 AM
Reminds me of the unused miniboss sprite from MM7. Is that what this is?

As for the second pic, I suggest editing the sprite shown from the 3rd pic. Maybe try rotating his arm diagonally?

Yep, that's where he's from. As I said in my last post, we're going to modify him a bit.

I think I have an idea for a new diagonal attack sprite. I'll give it a try sometime this week if I can find the time.

Offline Eclipse

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: June 06, 2013, 06:16:41 AM
Scorch Raptor boss battle!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuLou0Bo86s[/youtube]

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: June 06, 2013, 06:27:04 PM
He doesn't looks like a Maverick you'd want to start with.

Offline Eclipse

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: June 06, 2013, 07:19:38 PM
Not particularly! Haha. He will be a lot easier with his weakness, but will prove a challenge for those who want to do minimalist runs.

Offline thefallenalchemist

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: June 09, 2013, 09:14:29 AM
Just wanted to say that the game looks freaking awesome from what I've seen. Being an SNES X Fanatic, I particularly like how you paid attention to detail. It looks and feels like it's right at home on the original console and even the explosion was correct - to the note!

I'm extremely hyped for this one.

Offline Eclipse

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: June 09, 2013, 11:42:17 PM
Just wanted to say that the game looks freaking awesome from what I've seen. Being an SNES X Fanatic, I particularly like how you paid attention to detail. It looks and feels like it's right at home on the original console and even the explosion was correct - to the note!

I'm extremely hyped for this one.

Ah, I'm glad it's noticed! I spend a lot of my time trying to recreate that unique experience from X games. Attention to detail was integral for a good SNES game, and so it's just as important for us.

Offline Eclipse

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: August 23, 2013, 11:48:18 PM

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: August 24, 2013, 06:14:47 AM
Right so I played the demo, and here are my thoughts.

The Good:

- The controls are very nicely tuned. You nailed this aspect.
- Sound is good, although I'm not personally a fan of the music that much.
- The enemies are well programmed for the most part.

The Bad:

- The Level Design. Oh man, the Level Design. The first section is far too empty and kind of dull, with not much in the way of obstacles or difficulty. Then the second part hits us with a ton of bricks in the face, requiring far more precision than any section of the first part. Furthermore, some of the (I assume are) bugs make this section even more tedious than it needs to be. And that last little jump at the end? I know that you were going for a flashy finish and all, but having to restart the whole second section when you're right next to the boss door due to not knowing about the jump is just not cool.

The Ugly:

- I was stuck in a jump animation while landing a few times. Really minor compared to some of the other stuff, but I figured you would want to know.
- The wall shooters can get frozen in place if you back off screen while it's turret turns.
- The damage barrier does nothing against damage surfaces. Seriously?
- I killed the boss as I was about to be hit, and died as he was exploding. This led to me being frozen in place with no sound when I respawned at the checkpoint. I was not particularly inclined to go through the level again (see Level Design), so I don't know what it's like after that.

In Conclusion:

I like the controls and enemies. The music is not for me, but I can appreciate the sound design. The Level Design was not that great as far as I'm concerned, some tuning to equalize the difficulty/enjoyment across the board is definitely needed.

Offline Eclipse

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: August 24, 2013, 06:38:06 AM
I appreciate the constructive criticism. I didn't think I would get one so in-depth this fast!

Right so I played the demo, and here are my thoughts.

The Good:

- The controls are very nicely tuned. You nailed this aspect.
- Sound is good, although I'm not personally a fan of the music that much.
- The enemies are well programmed for the most part.

Music is always subject to change, but I'm glad the controls feel good.

The Bad:

- The Level Design. Oh man, the Level Design. The first section is far too empty and kind of dull, with not much in the way of obstacles or difficulty. Then the second part hits us with a ton of bricks in the face, requiring far more precision than any section of the first part. Furthermore, some of the (I assume are) bugs make this section even more tedious than it needs to be. And that last little jump at the end? I know that you were going for a flashy finish and all, but having to restart the whole second section when you're right next to the boss door due to not knowing about the jump is just not cool.

Agreed the 1st half is simple compared to the 2nd half. Mainly due to the difficulty change after the half-boss; and after going through some X levels I realized not every area in a level is populated.

We've considered putting another checkpoint before the jump, but it just felt like too many checkpoints. It is a really eventful ending though, so we'll give that some thought.

The Ugly:

- I was stuck in a jump animation while landing a few times. Really minor compared to some of the other stuff, but I figured you would want to know.
- The wall shooters can get frozen in place if you back off screen while it's turret turns.
- The damage barrier does nothing against damage surfaces. Seriously?
- I killed the boss as I was about to be hit, and died as he was exploding. This led to me being frozen in place with no sound when I respawned at the checkpoint. I was not particularly inclined to go through the level again (see Level Design), so I don't know what it's like after that.

It is a demo, so there will be bugs but I'm glad so far it's just minor. Confused about the damage barrier point though, what are you referring to?

After you kill Scorch Raptor the victory scene plays and go back to the stage select. I'll look into that bug.

Scorch Raptor's stage is by far going to be the longest and the hardest, so there won't be that kind of difficulty swing in any other level. But again, I do appreciate the criticism.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: August 24, 2013, 07:21:36 AM
Don't worry about the music, that's more a personal thing.

I like the idea of the jump, just maybe widen the area a bit to give a little more leeway.

The damage barrier point comes into play in the lava draining section for the most part. So let's say I'm sliding down a wall, for example, and I hit an enemy that was just revealed. Instead of having a second or less to get my bearings and jump back onto the wall, I essentially die right away once I touch the lava.

Offline Eclipse

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: August 24, 2013, 07:46:56 AM
Don't worry about the music, that's more a personal thing.

I like the idea of the jump, just maybe widen the area a bit to give a little more leeway.

The damage barrier point comes into play in the lava draining section for the most part. So let's say I'm sliding down a wall, for example, and I hit an enemy that was just revealed. Instead of having a second or less to get my bearings and jump back onto the wall, I essentially die right away once I touch the lava.

Ah, I getcha. It actually only does that with that specific lava. You can interact with spikes while blinking. I was thinking of changing the lava to just doing a big chunk of damage instead of instant kill, but I thought that might make it too easy. There's a few things I'll take a look at.

Offline Irregular Ass-R-Us

• Dedicated Pompous Gimpy Douchebag With A Burning Passion! (◥▶◀◤).
  • Robot Master
  • Ultra Super Godly Royal [Top Spin]. (◥▶◀◤)
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: August 24, 2013, 08:27:01 AM
I pretty much have the same proints like Fxeni but i have one more additional problem. I dont know why but i keep getting slowdowns for some reason.

My PC is overkill so i doubt it is that. Anyway there are some problems with the games but i am sure they will be fixed and improved upon when the game comes out. I am glad that you showed us a demo and asked for feedback which is really nice so thanks a lot for that, i think any game developer, fan or official should do this all the time. So thanks a lot for that  8) Its better than not nothing to show a demo and get feedback ( Unlike corrupted ).

Offline Eclipse

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: August 24, 2013, 08:50:51 AM
Where are you getting the slowdowns? Is it all over the level or in a specific area? GM:S just released a new compiler that fixes a lot of speed issues (at least on slower devices), however it's bugged at the moment so I have no choice but to wait and use the old compiler. That might solve your problem once I'm able to use it.

Every developer has their own way of going about their game. Personally, I like having a demo out to get feedback and find bugs easier.

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: August 24, 2013, 09:08:17 AM
I am getting slowdowns all over. And i agree but its also the people that play it that count. What you see is not what you may play. But if he is doing it that way then i have problems with it but its his game so he can do what he wants.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: August 24, 2013, 08:06:34 PM
I'm not getting the slowdown problem on my end.

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: August 25, 2013, 12:43:12 AM
That is strange since i can run TERA 60fps while running : Firefox,Youtube,MMF2,PSCX2,Dolphin at full speed. I closed all my applications and it still slows down.