Puella Magi Madoka★Magica coming to the US. With Kyubey.

Guest · 14056

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 02, 2011, 05:11:11 PM
Haven't watched it myself, but from what I gather it's a well-executed deconstruction of the magical girl genre. Does that sound about right?

Well, I  dunno if deconstruction is the exact word, but yeah, something like that.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 02, 2011, 06:03:55 PM
Your logic eludes me.

How can one enjoy the animation if they don't watch the shows?

What eludes you on that? I said that their animation is nice, but that's not enough for me to like their shows.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: July 02, 2011, 08:29:11 PM
The thing about GAINAX, is you're not supposed to take their shows entirely seriously. It's sorta like Michael Bay's Transformers, just watch it because it's good "dumb fun" and has great action. Maybe Transformers isn't a good example, but GAINAX is known for it's over-the-top action. Like a popcorn flick.

Personally, i really enjoyed TTGL. Most people who didn't was because of the over excessive GAR, wacky transformations, story (which i thought was well done) and the humor. When the point is: their shows are great to watch on a lazy day. You don't have to stress yourself over the plot points. Just sit back, watch and have fun. That's why i respect them.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: July 02, 2011, 09:08:15 PM
No, it's just Anarchy bitching about his boycott of the series, nothing important.

I'm sorry, what?

I never said anything about a goddamn boycott, so don't be cramming words into my mouth, I just said if nobody gives me a damn good reason to watch the show I'm just not going to watch it, simple as that.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 07:29:37 AM
I'm sorry, what?

I never said anything about a goddamn boycott, so don't be cramming words into my mouth, I just said if nobody gives me a damn good reason to watch the show I'm just not going to watch it, simple as that.

don't care

unless somebody gives me a damn good reason to watch madoka then i'm not watching it

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: July 03, 2011, 07:33:40 AM
again, thats not "boycotting" the show in any way.

Boycotting it would be refusing to watch and not listening to reason, its also called stubborness.

And by reason, I mean somebody just has to leave a video someplace, hell thats how I even decided to watch PSG.

So essentially you made an arguement out of nothing.

Offline The Artist

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: July 03, 2011, 10:12:37 AM
I thought I read the thread title wrong. How exactly is this going to come to America if it's so short?

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: July 03, 2011, 10:37:19 AM
How can it not come to America if it's so short? >_>

Archer

Reply #33 on: July 03, 2011, 10:38:18 AM
I thought I read the thread title wrong. How exactly is this going to come to America if it's so short?

What

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: July 03, 2011, 12:25:05 PM

FLCL came to the NA.

A long time ago.  And recently got re-released *hugs his copy<3*

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: July 03, 2011, 02:19:29 PM
I hate NGE, I hate FLCL, I like GURREN LAGANN, I so-so like PSG (mostly because of Demon Sisters and Garter).
LOL GAINAX

As for this show... I've seen some of it on YT, because I didn't want to risk downloading it and then being disappointed... yeah, it was a wise move.
Somehow a sorta kinda grimdark retarded loli moe-blob show about magical girls... does not appeal to me. Which says something when I still like Sailor Moon and even enjoy Heartcatch Precure. Where the last one isn't grimdark (unlike Sailor Moon, which at times is), I find myself enjoying its great, "cute" and colorful cast of characters more than what Madoka throws at me.

Dunno, maybe grimdark magikal lolis aren't my thing... but I REALLY don't see the appeal of this show. I'll even go as far as to say it's [parasitic bomb].

It kinda seems to me that from now on, this will become "baby's first anime", dethroning Elfen Lied from this position.

Offline The Artist

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: July 03, 2011, 09:42:02 PM
Sorry, 4kids has been ruining my mind. I'm glad it's not long enough for them to even think about dubbing it. And yeah, almost forgot about FLCL. I wonder where it's going to air.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: July 03, 2011, 10:17:54 PM
Sorry, 4kids has been ruining my mind. I'm glad it's not long enough for them to even think about dubbing it. And yeah, almost forgot about FLCL. I wonder where it's going to air.
Who says it's going to air on TV? It's probably going to be a DVD only release. : D
And are you serious... 4Kids dubbing Madoka? AKA THE ANIME WHERE THIS LOLI GETS HER HEAD BITTEN OFF... or somesuch?
Dohohohohohoho.

Offline The Artist

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: July 03, 2011, 11:41:17 PM
And are you serious... 4Kids dubbing Madoka? AKA THE ANIME WHERE THIS LOLI GETS HER HEAD BITTEN OFF... or somesuch?
Dohohohohohoho.
Carly falling to her doom in 5D's?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: July 04, 2011, 12:49:38 AM
Carly falling to her doom in 5D's?

Those two anime have completely different standards. It's like saying 4Kids will bring over Death Note.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #40 on: July 04, 2011, 01:21:30 AM
*shrugs arms* Just please don't give Kyubei some shitty US VA or something.

@Khraxel: It's just how some characters are written and designed I guess. I haven't watched anime in forever.. but I love how sometimes people just begin to point fingers as soon as "meme" is mentioned.  -AC

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Archer

Reply #41 on: July 04, 2011, 01:45:24 PM
*shrugs arms* Just please don't give Kyubei some shitty US VA or something.

An anime dubbed in the US having a US VA?! What madness is that - it'll never happen!

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #42 on: July 04, 2011, 09:47:10 PM
Maybe they'll get a French VA.

Archer

Reply #43 on: August 30, 2011, 09:00:12 AM
Madoka Magica Writer Urobuchi Compares Plot to Al-Qaeda

wat

Asahi: Magical girls, who are full of hope and who strive to save the people, soon suffer from hatred and jealousy, which turn them into the enemy witches. The change from good to evil left an emotional impact.

Urobuchi: For example, Al-Qaeda brought down the Twin Towers due to their own righteousness. Justice for some people is an evil for others. Good intentions, kindness, and hope will not necessarily make people happy.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: August 30, 2011, 09:21:31 AM
buuuuuhh

Well, uh--I hear that Urobuchi is a Trolling Creator, so, uh...maybe that's it?

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: August 30, 2011, 09:25:25 AM
Or maybe he is just a supporter of Al-Qaeda 8D

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: August 30, 2011, 09:31:29 AM
And i was actually planning on trying out this anime soon. Don't know if i should support a person who thinks genocide is justified.

Archer

Reply #47 on: August 30, 2011, 09:48:38 AM
And i was actually planning on trying out this anime soon. Don't know if i should support a person who thinks genocide is justified.

He's the same guy who wrote Fate/Zero you know, so...

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: August 30, 2011, 10:02:59 AM
He doesn't seem to afraid of others...i'll give him props for that...

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: August 30, 2011, 10:58:11 AM
You understood him wrong.
The guy is right. For Al-Qaeda what they did was justice. They think of their evil acts as righteous.
But are they really righteous? In the eyes of most, not really. It's quite the opposite actually. What they did was pure [tornado fang]ing evil.
But they themselves do not think of it as evil, but as I said "justice".
It's all based on points of view. Someone once said that ultimate evil is the one that doesn't realize/doesn't think of itself as "evil". Rather it thinks of itself as righteous and just.

In other words, give it a break. The guy doesn't support Al-Qaeda nor does he think what they did is "justified". He merely pointed out something, many people often overlook.

Altough yeah, it is kind of stupid of him to even make the comparisons.