Paintchat! All of us!

Krystal · 5740

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
on: May 31, 2011, 11:57:53 AM
Awright, since there are enough people interested~ Let's Pchat!

Firstly, you should all get Opencanvas 1.1, which is the program which we'll be paintchatting with. Find it here~

Next! You'll also need Hamachi. If you're old enough you'll probably already have it, but it'd be the old version so you should probably update it anyway because ever since Steam got popular no one uses Hamachi for LAN gaming anymore. But I digress, anyway! Hamachi, Get it here

Now, you all need to join the same network, I have an OC Hamachi network set up from years ago called 'Opencanvas 1'. The pw should be my username in all lower letters iirc.

Now, if enough members see this and join, we'll have a way to see who is online (as in, their computer are turned on) at any time, and can organise Pchat sessions whenever we see enough people on. Some people may be busy that that is /ok. Please note that only 4 people can be at a Pchat session at any one time, so try not to invite too many spectators.
Or invite only spectators and show off how you draw. Up to you.
Otherwise, if everyone is on the forum, we can always organise it there. The number you see on Hamachi is your networking IP, and if you use that one, the rest will work itself out. Oh and just so you know, if you want to network outside of Hamachi, you need to switch Hamachi off.

Opencanvas 1.1 is a pretty simple and self-explanatory program to draw in, but if you need hotkeys, you can find them in Help > Show Help. To host a Pchat session, go to Network > Show Network Window. In the window that pops up, choose a username and a password (if you want...), go to the Network Preference tab and make the canvas a good size (1000-2500 is good) choose a good max member, then go back and Stand by.
To join, Show Network Window, Client, type in the host's Hamachi IP, pick a name, type in the password if there is one, then Join! Simple as that.

Anyway, enough talk, everyone get Pchat-happy! Or just join the network. Or try to and then tell me if the password embarassingly doesn't work.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 12:01:31 PM
I can't draw worth a [parasitic bomb]. Can I join anyways and draw stick figures?

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 12:06:08 PM
Yas :D Pchat isn't always artistic, it's just meant to be fun!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 10:24:40 PM
I'll try to join this weekend. Currently a bit too busy or too tired.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 10:57:37 PM
I'll try to join this weekend. Currently a bit too busy or too tired.
Same here. Saturday could be a nice day.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 11:35:04 PM
oh [parasitic bomb] we're gonna opencanvas?

yeah dude i'm all over this

though i'm actually surprised rpm hasn't invested in a formal pchat room, even if that's just multiplayer paintbbs

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 12:59:27 AM
Password works fine btw, I'm the creep called gr00vy over Hamachi. Hopefully on the weekend I'll have enough motivation to start drawing again.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 04:05:51 AM
It doesn't matter when we Pchat, as long as we get to >3

Password works? Great! My 5-year memory doesn't fail me~! \o/

@Sky: Mmm, me too, especially since this site has so much, but I was never a fan of PaintBBS Pchat, so being able to organise an OC one is fine by me!

@Koi: Yup I see you \o/ Don't forget to go online for the network if you ever want anyone to ever see you~

@Motivation etc: One of the awesome things about Pchat is that it isn't serious. Even if you're hesitant about drawing, other people being silly can motivate and encourage you to join in the fun :D I've poked people out of artblocks and vice versa in OC Pchat before it's awesome >w<

Offline MereBytes

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 12:54:42 AM
How about thinvnc instead of hamachi?

(or nomachine nx that also works on linux)

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 04:34:37 AM
It doesn't matter when we Pchat, as long as we get to >3

Password works? Great! My 5-year memory doesn't fail me~! \o/

@Sky: Mmm, me too, especially since this site has so much, but I was never a fan of PaintBBS Pchat, so being able to organise an OC one is fine by me!

@Koi: Yup I see you \o/ Don't forget to go online for the network if you ever want anyone to ever see you~

@Motivation etc: One of the awesome things about Pchat is that it isn't serious. Even if you're hesitant about drawing, other people being silly can motivate and encourage you to join in the fun :D I've poked people out of artblocks and vice versa in OC Pchat before it's awesome >w<
Yeah, I know! I still use Hamachi regularly to play with some friends :D. On the weekend I promise I'll get online!

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 04:59:41 AM
Myu...maybe? But if hamachi works fine I don't see why we have to =X

...Or is it because you're left out? \o/
* Krystal doesn't use hamachi for anything but Pchat anymore \o/

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 12:03:05 PM
i can't seem to get the hamachi password working, if you wouldn't mind PMing me about it that'd help

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 12:45:31 AM
So, we finally tried this with Acid, Sub and Noill, and it desync-ed like hell. Still interesting to draw with someone else, we'll probably do it again some other day.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 12:47:04 AM
It's a shitty program, really. But better than nothing.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 12, 2011, 01:33:24 AM
Curious, it never really lagged for me like that =O Maybe your host/server's internet was slow?

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #15 on: June 12, 2011, 02:40:48 AM
Probably. We did tried with different hosts.