Reposted Picture Thread (56K Warning)

Nekomata · 2091867

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7550 on: August 02, 2010, 10:47:23 PM
The one in the DS version isn't as satisfying.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7551 on: August 02, 2010, 10:57:34 PM
The one in the DS version isn't as satisfying.
Played the DS version for awhile. It tries, but it ultimately fails in both designs and gameplay. Lining up with the enemies properly is a [sonic slicer] with the d-pad.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #7552 on: August 03, 2010, 02:16:39 AM

0v0 Day one get~!!

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #7553 on: August 03, 2010, 02:30:53 AM
Played the DS version for awhile. It tries, but it ultimately fails in both designs and gameplay. Lining up with the enemies properly is a [sonic slicer] with the d-pad.

Personally I think that none of the PS games after PS4 managed to capture the original spirit of the series.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #7554 on: August 03, 2010, 02:35:20 AM

0v0 Day one get~!!

"Too Colorful" Indeed. 8D

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7555 on: August 03, 2010, 02:38:40 AM
Personally I think that none of the PS games after PS4 managed to capture the original spirit of the series.
Original spirit, no. But [tornado fang] the original spirit, honestly. PSO was the one MMO which managed to make me play it obcessingly. It had an amazing campaign to play cooperatively, and you pretty much never left an online mission without an epic story to tell. Doing Towards The Future runs with friends was amazing, and the way the enemies/bosses pretty much never stopped coming was pretty awesome. That, and it's one of the only few japanese games I know that manages to tell pretty damn good stories in its missions, never really going too much into stupid clichés, and keeping it either comedic, or just the right amount of dramatic. You never knew if a mission was gonna end well or not. And all of this in a friggin' Sonic Team MMO. With little customization and repetitive gameplay. But the few, little things it did, it did them SO DAMN WELL.

So, no. It wasn't a Phantasy Star game per se. But whatever it was, it was amazing.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #7556 on: August 03, 2010, 02:42:12 AM
So, no. It wasn't a Phantasy Star game per se.

That's what I'm saying. The little bit I played of PSO was fun, but it saddens me to see that PS will never return to its roots. I liked the original PS games because they were Dragon Quest in space.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #7557 on: August 04, 2010, 12:00:17 AM
Yeah, I like the PSP Phantasy Star game, but my favourite is still Phantasy Star 4.
I want a PS4 HD Remix.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7558 on: August 04, 2010, 12:32:22 AM
That's what I'm saying. The little bit I played of PSO was fun, but it saddens me to see that PS will never return to its roots. I liked the original PS games because they were Dragon Quest in space.
I guess it's always being reinvented. I've played PSO back to back (except for that shitty episode 3) and all of the PSU/PSPortable/PS0 stuff they're doing right now, it pales in comparison to it. It's completely different, and I doubt they'll go back to it.

I guess the series moves on, and so must we. I'll keep on playing PSO.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #7559 on: August 04, 2010, 01:17:53 AM
I want a PS4 HD Remix.

Yea, we all wanted the Sega CD version with all those cool cutscenes and voice overs, but it didn't come out. >oo<

And a remake was planned as part of the Sega Ages compilations for the PS2, but that didn't happen either.
PS Generation 1 and 2, multiple collections and downloadable versions (Virtual Console) are available tho.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #7560 on: August 04, 2010, 01:35:26 AM
Yeah, I like the PSP Phantasy Star game, but my favourite is still Phantasy Star 4.

PS4 is my favorite as well.

I want a PS4 HD Remix.

I would love that.

I guess the series moves on

They can always split the series and keep one half MMO-ified and the other is the regular turn based RPG stuff. If they'd make PS5 that way (they never will) I would welcome that. As long as they keep the old art direction. The new designs didn't really do it for me.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7561 on: August 04, 2010, 02:19:15 AM
I really wouldn't count on them going back to the old Phantasy Star stuff. As great as it was, it's one of those games which just doesn't have an entire community clamoring for it.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #7562 on: August 04, 2010, 03:42:04 AM
Perhaps one day we will receive our dreams of a Phantasy Star 4 HD Remix.
Through official or fan made means, I'd be happy with either.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7563 on: August 04, 2010, 04:21:27 AM
If there is one, it'll probably just be PSIV released for the XBLA as a Sega Classic. Which would already be pretty good. I liked replaying PSII in my 360.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7564 on: August 04, 2010, 06:02:19 AM

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #7565 on: August 04, 2010, 06:21:07 PM

That face looks really familiar, and not like Edgeworth

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7566 on: August 04, 2010, 06:36:13 PM
Squall, maybe?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #7567 on: August 04, 2010, 06:50:40 PM
No, I think it's the prince guy in Starcraft 2 I'm thinking of.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7568 on: August 04, 2010, 11:36:26 PM

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Magnus Ragnar

• Persona 3/4 Addicted
  • Resistance Member
  • A Fool Named Fortune: Reshuffled
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Account!
Reply #7569 on: August 05, 2010, 02:56:11 AM

Okay, I don't care HOW bad the grinding is in Maple Story, I WANT ONE OF THOSE MECH THINGIES. They kinda look like Lagann(Also the Digimon Guardramon) and, from a YouTube video i've seen, they have a Drill attack. Also Rocket Punches.

DO WANT.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7570 on: August 05, 2010, 03:29:04 AM
Oh the grind~
Besides, there are other games with a much larger reward for much less of your time.
Now if it were real..

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #7571 on: August 05, 2010, 10:57:49 AM
Oh yeah MapleStory, just started it today. Real fun, I enjoy it. Already at level 23 and almost to level 24. I do recall seeing somebody have some sort of flying mech. It was only out for a few seconds though. Nothing like the one in the picture.

Offline Sky

• massive idiot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • for kids
    • View Profile
    • art blog
Reply #7572 on: August 05, 2010, 11:39:22 AM
>implying maple story is fun

squemp

Offline Magnus Ragnar

• Persona 3/4 Addicted
  • Resistance Member
  • A Fool Named Fortune: Reshuffled
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Account!
Reply #7573 on: August 06, 2010, 04:29:21 AM
Oh yeah MapleStory, just started it today. Real fun, I enjoy it. Already at level 23 and almost to level 24. I do recall seeing somebody have some sort of flying mech. It was only out for a few seconds though. Nothing like the one in the picture.

Well that's likely because it was merely a mount(Maple Story equivalent of Link's Horse) with a Cash-shop cover to look like a robot or one of the Gachapon "Rider" skills(same as a mount, except time limited). The Mech in that picture? Not even released in the Korean Version of Maple Story yet(the two guys behind the mech are currently in the game), but they hit the "Main" KMS server on the 12th(currently only in the test server).

Also, What server do you play on? I've got 8 characters(hurr hurr i'm an idiot who paid for more characters lots and crap) on the Mardia Server and, technically, i've been playing for upwards of Two years(granted there was a long gap from when i started to when i seriously began playing due to the grind being completely INSANE back then without Party Quests or the Astaroth Quest chain) and i've only got a single character up to level 51(Dual Blade class, made him quite litterally last Thursday) while the rest are 45(Page Warrior), 45(Brawler Pirate and the first character i ever got to level 45), 31(Gunslinger Pirate), 27(Aran), 26(Cygnus Knight NightWalker), 40(Evan), and 15(Bandit-path Rogue). Yes i do like to randomly rant about this kind of stuff i'm kind of weird like that.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #7574 on: August 06, 2010, 04:49:06 AM
Ahh, this brings back memories. annoying 12 year olds in your party, kill theft, and high level basement dwellers. Plus a crap coin service which your goods expire for x number of days.  8D

(Basically, this is the cash appearance, you could tell I was a Warrior class)

for some [parasitic bomb] reason, the weaboos perfer Mabinogi these days, must be the dark and gritty setting, plus tiiiits

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.