3 (8.1%)
MMX8
13 (35.1%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
on: December 16, 2008, 09:35:31 PM
WHOOPIE! I made a poll. I wondered, which bosstheme (the music that plays while fighting a boss DURR) do you like most?
This includes Sigma-Stage Bosses, and Sigma himself.

Personally, I'm quite fond of X4 and X5. But X8 was nice too.

1 Vote per user
You may change your vote

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 09:41:22 PM
Sigma's final form in X6. you can't go wrong with a heavy metal medley of Sigma's boss themes from X1 and 2.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 10:16:50 PM
X7 sucked but it had [tornado fang]ing awesome boss music.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 11:17:35 PM
Dammit, how do you choose just one?!

Well, I think I'm gonna go with X8.  It's definitely my favorite generic Maverick boss theme (WHY does it have to change in mid-battle?!), and Belial Sigma and both of Lumine's themes rocked all socks.  So did the mid-boss theme, for that matter.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 11:18:15 PM
Dammit, how do you choose just one?!

To torture you.

And to make this more interesting.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 11:28:46 PM
X8 and X6 Final Boss (X8 first, so it's a bit higher up for me).

Seraph Lumine has a rocktastic BGM. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Reg

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 11:34:08 PM
This is one VERY tough call. X1's boss music is classic. There isn't a single boss tune that I dislike. I liked the X-Hunter's boss theme but it paled in comparison to the regular boss music. X3 had good boss tunes but the regular boss theme doesn't stack up to anything in the previous titles. X4, oh that game had epic boss tunage! Iris theme was great, yet sad and Sigma's 2nd form boss theme is made of the best win sauce. LOVE X5's regular boss music. Can't even remember a single boss track in X6. For X7's flaws (and there are many), the music was fantastic and the boss beats were really sweet. The Final Battle theme was very nice. Gah! This is so hard!

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 12:09:54 AM
I'm not that fond with X1-X3. While I think X4-X6 are Solid. I'm not a fan of Rockish Boss theme that's why I prefer X7 Boss theme over X8.

In X4 I like: Eregion, Maverick Boss Theme & vs Colonel/General

In X5 I Like: Maverick Boss Theme

In X6 I like: Maverick Boss Theme & High Max

....therefore I choose X4. ^o^

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 02:22:47 AM
X1, hands down for me.  X5 would be my second choice, in terms of Maverick Boss Music, as I always loved that song.  X vs. Zero also kicked ass in that game.  X2's X vs. Zero music was also pretty good as well.  In terms of worst boss music....I'd throw that bone to X3 Dr. Doppler Boss Fight.  That song went [tornado fang]ing NOWHERE.

However, X1 is easily my favorite because of the overall mood and atmosphere of it.  I'll NEVER forget the first time playing it, and especially noticing it during the Flame Mammoth fight: As you enter the doors, the BOSS 1 theme plays as you ride the conveyor belt towards Flame Mammoth, then he charges up and the kick-ass, un-matched Drum Intro of the BOSS 2 theme kicks in and thus begins your fight.  This is why X1 is my favorite.  The BOSS 1 and BOSS 2 theme combined make it the best, IMO. 

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 02:28:16 AM
X1, hands down for me.  X5 would be my second choice, in terms of Maverick Boss Music, as I always loved that song.  X vs. Zero also kicked ass in that game.  X2's X vs. Zero music was also pretty good as well.  In terms of worst boss music....I'd throw that bone to X3 Dr. Doppler Boss Fight.  That song went [tornado fang]ing NOWHERE.

However, X1 is easily my favorite because of the overall mood and atmosphere of it.  I'll NEVER forget the first time playing it, and especially noticing it during the Flame Mammoth fight: As you enter the doors, the BOSS 1 theme plays as you ride the conveyor belt towards Flame Mammoth, then he charges up and the kick-ass, un-matched Drum Intro of the BOSS 2 theme kicks in and thus begins your fight.  This is why X1 is my favorite.  The BOSS 1 and BOSS 2 theme combined make it the best, IMO. 

Wow, way to mind read there. You even mentioned X5's awesome boss theme and X2's Zero fight theme. All I can add is a mention for X6's boss theme which was another contender and X8's rocking boss themes.

EDIT - [tornado fang], how did I forget X4's awesome boss theme? :'(

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 02:40:58 AM
I have to go with X7 myself.  I wasn't overly too fond of the game itself, but the music was pretty nice.  It's usually a general rule that bad games have good music (in my experience anyway).

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 02:46:22 AM
Alas, it's more that bad games that are still worth remembering happen to have some forgiving factor, like very good music.
Interesting that votes are so even.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 07:34:51 AM
Easily X8 for me. Tied for second place would be X1 and X4. The deep beats and stupid chorus of the X5 boss fight theme were a bit too dull for me, and thus finished screwing the game (which was, in my opinion, already horribly bad due to being insanely easy).

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• The Laberynth Librarian
  • Resistance Member
  • Individuality, so F*#K popularity
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 05:04:25 PM
I chose X4, mainly due to Frost Walrus stage music.  It has always been stuck in my mind, no matter what I'm doing.

After that, I choose X7, the music is awesome, one of the main reasons why I play it anymore.

They're coming to take me away
hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=veasman#

Offline Elpis TK31

• I WANT IT NAO
  • Robot Master
  • BOOBLIGHTS OR GTFO
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 12:45:41 AM
I chose X4, mainly due to Frost Walrus stage music.  It has always been stuck in my mind, no matter what I'm doing.

After that, I choose X7, the music is awesome, one of the main reasons why I play it anymore.

But, Frost Walrus themes aren't boss music, now are they :P (They are awesome nonetheless.)

Anyways, this choice would have been easier if it were just about the regular battle music, but whatever, X5 Irregular hunt, paired with the remixes of Wily Battle, Fortress Battle (X1) and Sigma's Final battle is unequaled.

X1 is second best, seeing how those battles are all good, I've recently been listening alot to the Fortress Battle, it has that sweet insane charm. X4 is third, seeing as it has the darkest and most evil sigma battles, not to mention the emotional Iris theme and scrambled Double theme, that one's deliciously nuts.

X3 is probably my least favorite in terms of boss battle themes, I only enjoy Doppler Battle SFC version and Final Battle PSX version...I actually put IHX above it, despite it's raping of the Boss, Fortress and Sigma 1 battles...that Sigma battle 2 is just so deliciously divine.

-Elpis

RMZX E/53'39 N/57'27 H/1:02'01
When life is boring, knife some cows in RE4, it's hilarious!

Offline MegaFreak2

• "That one crazy guy"
  • Cyberelf
  • Spartan Baby is not amused.
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 01:04:34 AM
It's really hard for me to decide. There's the omgwtfawesome Seraph Lumine theme from X8 - I fell in love from the moment I heard it. I don't think there's a need for me to say any more about this one.

The X6 second form Sigma battle - I loved this. Both the X1 and X2 themes in a heavy metal remix. X1 was my first Rockman game, and I loved the original Sigma Battle theme. This just makes it even better.

And then I thought ALL of X4's boss themes were win. Not so much for Reaper Sigma, but the others? *thumbs up* I especially enjoyed the Iris Battle theme. Win. In. A. Can. I don't even know why I just said that.*facepalm*

...Eh. I think I'll go with X4. But X8 ties a close second. Very close.

Quote from: Asvel
Sparta? THIS! IS! DAYCAAAAAAAAAAARE!!

Offline Shinichameleon / Nayim

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 19, 2008, 09:06:29 AM
Megaman x8 boss theme will rock on!  >BD

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 26, 2008, 09:44:08 PM
Currently listening to the X6 soundtrack. That track isn't as bad as I remember. A bit too repetitive maybe.

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 05:24:33 PM
I like my musical emphasis on Rock rather than techno, so I really dig the boss tunes from X8.  The Mavericks, Vile, Sigma, Lumine... all of them had excellent themes.  I even like the "Turn Up the Heat" change-over when you get a Boss angry.  Still, you can't beat final Lumine's music (though the X6 Sigma remix comes close).  The energy and flow of that track is truly awesome.

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline TheMogX

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 05:07:01 AM
X8 FTW.

Gotta love that guitar.

Offline thecrazygoji

• Net Navi
  • wait wat
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 09:33:40 PM
X4.

Even though the boss battle theme in X5 is better, all the Sigma boss themes and the boss battle theme to Sigma himself are superior.

alsobumperz

It doesn't wooooooooork...

Offline Wanda Bear

• The Wanderess of RPM
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Currently Nowhere.
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 29, 2009, 10:04:49 PM
Vile's boss music from X8. That music can make you cry its so good!

Home sweet home

Offline AdamTheHedgehog

• Godly Artist
  • B-Class Hunter
  • YOURS IS THE BRUSH THAT WILL PAINT THE HEAVENS!
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 29, 2009, 10:17:13 PM
X8 Hands-Down. The songs in that game for the bosses freakin' rock! The boss themes keep the blood pumping constantly.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 11:29:20 PM
X1. It's the only one I can recall off-hand. Both boss themes.

And X5's remix of the Sigma Palace Boss Theme for Rangda Bangda (Gaea Armor in that version! OH SPIKES! I'M SCARED! WAIT! NO I'M NOT! YOU'RE DEAD!)

And X vs. Zero in X5. Epic theme.

And Lumine's themes in X8. All great!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
  • DWII's Lab Expirement Verifier
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 31, 2009, 12:57:05 AM
The music in X4 holds a permanent spot in my heart, probably because it was the first game of the X series I played.  XD

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...