Skullgirls = Fighting game PLUS Boobs MINUS Infinites (You heard me right)

ViperAcidZX · 85658

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
http://www.shadowloo.com/game-info/skullgirls-tutorial-track

Posted on: October 11, 2011, 09:19:30 AM
Looks like it is once again time to get the ball rolling:
Shoryuken.com Exclusive: Painwheel has been revealed!

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Hmm, looks like Painwheel's another one of 'dem arieal types, and I mostly hang around in the air and such. Seems like an intresting character to use, and nice to see another freak of nature from the messed-up anti-skullgirl laboratory team.

Shoot, gave away my common tactic.. but as I recall, what is my playing style when it comes to the fighting game genre? If I recall, I never stayed on the ground much in Brawl.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Cross posting some impressions and thoughts I had on the game based on what I saw at Comic Con:

OK, so I got to spend a few moments chatting it up with Ravidrath (handle for the person in charge of Skullgirls' PR) today at Comic Con before I went on to [spoiler]get blown the [tornado fang] up[/spoiler] try out the game. As I told Ravi, the game is really impressive in person, very vibrant and wildly creative with a real attention to detail. I love the animation quality and the levels of insane that went into designing these characters. It's something of a literal playable cartoon to the eyes, but when you get to actually play it, you see that there's an extremely solid and well executed game there just waiting to be explored. I can see myself spending a lot of time in this game especially with all the strides being taken to "game-ify" training and learning "how to fighting game." :P

So on to the stuff people probably want to hear. I played a rickshaw 2 person team of Ms. Fortune and Peacock, though really I should have went Ms. Fortune & Fillia. (Woulda been easier to learn with a star character, plus rushdown 4 lyfe.)

Enlighten me on something real quick though if you see this Ravi, who was the gentleman that was playing beside me? (Actually a general who was who post would be cool too, gotta get it into my head who everyone is. :P)

Besides being my first real experience playing a fighter on stick, all this time spent not playing team based fighters or faster paced ones regularly really came to haunt me as I went from "OK cool, I remember the character's moves, let's try to put them to some use" to "mash moarrrrrr" mode against this guy's Cerebella. Cerebella btw is an extreme crowd pleaser. No matter what I was getting hit with, I was in full "I ain't even mad" mode just because that character is fun as hell to see played at even average level (my opponent swears he was pretty meh in the game, if that's meh then I have a loooong way to go and Cerebella is amazing. :lol) I was getting hit with command grab setups I didn't even see when they were right there, hitting random buttons and forgetting all about chain series. It was a really bad showing on my part. I had a lot of fun with just those two rounds and spectating from afar though. (Shoutouts to not wanting to come off awkward & being patient waiting behind the guy speaking to Ravi before myself only to feel awkward after introducing myself and getting the GAF VIP treatment so by the way. :lol)

The main reason why I feel so impressed with this and wanted to make this post though is because of the collective effort this game is getting to be the best product it can be from relatively fresh talents. As a big time game enthusiast, I just really love video games and appreciate all aspects of them from the game specifics themselves to the communities and fans. I feel inspired every time I see the work that you all put into this and as someone who really really wants to break out and design a game himself and finds himself just in the "put an idea in a safe place" position, I guess I just really wanted to give a virtual brofist to everyone there living the dream.

Here's hoping you all do more than well with this game and I don't stay so scrubby when Super Skullgirls DLC comes around. :P :D

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
I am having lots of fun by working on this game, and I've only been on it like a week or something. Can't wait to see this finished. Too bad this won't get a PC release, so I won't be able to play it in a looong time :(

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
So the head counts as a seprate hitbox? gotta look out for that.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Dunno what happened to this thread but new character revealed at Eurogamer. It's Valentine. From the insider's mouth on GAF, she's supposedly part Strider, Chipp (Guilty Gear), & Bang (BlazBlue) in gameplay.

Link

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Ah Valentine, what artistic nutty experiments do you have for us this time~?

I've been keeping track on her since the day she appeared on the whiteboard. :3

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Painwheel's walkthrough is up: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/painwheel-walkthrough-part/725094

There's this small interview with a short fight with Valentine and Painwheel too, but it's kinda lame: http://www.g4tv.com/videos/56630/skullgirls-hands-on-preview/?quality=hd

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: January 31, 2012, 01:04:59 PM
Now I've heard of Sexy Nurses and Sexy Ninjas, but a Sexy Ninja Nurse? Now we're talking a babe who can cut you up with surgical precision. >U< Speaking of which...

[spoiler=Official art of Ms. Valentine][/spoiler]

I swear, I gotta dump all the Fanart Fridays and Whiteboard Wednesday stuff that I missed...

Here is something else to look out for:
LOL'd at the Morigan palete. Definitely shows that Darkstalkers is one of the game's artistic influences.

Posted on: December 22, 2011, 08:10:16 PM
Not sure if this was already mentioned, but there's another music sample of the game. This time, it's the Anti-Skullgirls Laboratory.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsgOvyEAqME&hd=1[/youtube]
I swear, this one sounds like it should of been in a Castlevania game. XD

Posted on: December 31, 2011, 11:55:03 AM
Not sure if this counts as news, but this week's Inside Xbox's Featured Video on Xbox Live leaked the ESRB rating for the game; It's rated Teen (13+) as expected for Violence, Blood, Partial Nudity, and Use of Tabacoo. Does this mean we're getting closer to release?

-EDIT-
Well 7 out of 8 of the initial cast - Filia and Samson, Cerebella, Peacock, Parasoul, Ms. Fortune, Painwheel, and Valentine -- has been unveiled. Only time will tell who's the final eighth character of this game and the DLC ones. I just hope DLC characters don't cost as much as $5 / 400 MSP for one character unless they're good.

Posted on: January 30, 2012, 03:54:47 PM
Merchandising!
- http://shop.skullgirls.com/
Woulda embedded the video if Wii Opera brower wasn't such a douche.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
There is already a video showing a bit of the story mode.

It seems the game is really close to get released.

Offline King Reaper

• yeah
  • B-Class Hunter
  • I used to be somebody...
    • View Profile
I'm seriously keeping my fingers crossed on a end-of-february/start-of-march release window for this game. I've had my eye on it since like 06-07, back before there was ever much to it than character designs.

It's shaped up into something that I really can't wait to get my hands on. Planning on running solo Cerebella, with solo Painwheel, and Parasoul/Valentine as pocket characters.
I'd be lying if I weren't super excited about all the DLC coming down the pipe for this game post-launch, too. Really can't wait to see how characters like Big Band, Panzerfaust, or Ileum end up playing.

overall this is just everything I've ever wanted in a fighting game

...what?

Offline King Reaper

• yeah
  • B-Class Hunter
  • I used to be somebody...
    • View Profile
Leaked release date
March 31

Get hype!

...what?

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
The official Valentine's trailer is out. She has some pretty clever specials I must say.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Aaaaaand... YouTube removes the video from claims. Seriously, it's a video showcasing a new character that was release, not exactly a bad thing.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
-EDIT-
Don't tell me that hideous THING is the roster's final inital character? If it is, any guess that it'd be the "Necrid" (Soul Calibur II) or Charade (SCII)/Olcadan (SCIII) of the cast?

Also, [tornado fang] you Viacom.

-EDIT 2-
Okay I managed to watch the walkthrough of Double on YouTube via Xbox 360 before Viacom tried to take it down again, and now I want try her. Plus she's not as hideous as those early Shoryuken shots depicted from what I've seen.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 01:28:27 AM by ViperAcidZX »

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Don't tell me that hideous THING is the roster's final inital character? If it is, any guess that it'd be the "Necrid" (Soul Calibur II) or Charade (SCII)/Okadan (or whatever that old owl guy's name in SCIII) of the cast?

Also, [tornado fang] you Viacom.
Not exactly, she's supposed to be a mix of every character, but besides the normal attacks, the specials are exclusive to her. If anything it be a sort of a Shang Tsung, but that's not very accurate either.

Also, sucks for the video, I guess it'll be uploaded somewhere else, or at least there will be another with better quality, that one kinda sucked.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
The guys at Reverge Labs posted some photos during Comic Con and with new arcade sticks at their FaceBook. They got one for Parasoul, Ms. Fortune, I think Painwheel, Valentine, and Double. So want to get if they ever put them in stores.
And if it doesn't costs $200 like the ones Hori makes.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
After a probable success, maybe a minifigure or two.