SonicZH · 60654

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #50 on: December 09, 2012, 02:03:18 AM
The only argument against this I can think of is, "They were too lazy to make something on their own so they just stole someone's work! How dare they!"

But even then, that's a pretty stupid argument. If anything, it's pretty awesome that Capcom stepped in to make this official.
This ^

Capom Japan make a bad iphone game. Capcom USA can't do any programming, so they hire a guy (who was already making a fan game) to make a game for them.  Not only that, but they say it is their work now. What the hell?

Also, this. v

I'm not against the project itself.  I'm against Capcom using it for their 25th anniversary.  
Me too.

I'm not against the project itself, but I'm against Capcom's decision on the matter.
It just does not seem like Capcom to come with some fan game, and turn it into their work. But I guess whatever you can do to celebrate both MegaMan and Street Fighters 25th anniversary. :P

If they are going to show off a game that a fan made, at least give him ALL the credit. Unfortunately that does not sound like the case here. It sounds like Capcom is giving themselves the credit for work that someone else did. That's what is kind of pissing me off here.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #51 on: December 09, 2012, 02:11:33 AM
Before you get too angry, folks...

Back at EVO 2012, Singapore fan Seow Zong Hui approached Svensson with a skeleton of the game to get his opinion on the 8-bit crossover. Svensson then took it to GregaMan and Brelston for further evaluation and after playing it for quite some time, things started coming together.
Source

It's not that Capcom stole it, or is just using it period.

It was a mutual agreement between the two.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Zynk

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: December 09, 2012, 03:43:37 AM
@SonicZH: Could you rephrase the title 'STREET FIGHTER X MEGAMAN" to "MEGAMAN VS STREET FIGHTER" when it will be released through Capcom Unity?  >^<

After all, the host game is MEGAMAN & not STREET FIGHTER. Capcom announced the game as "STREET FIGHTER X MEGAMAN" , IMHO it's not right to put STREET FIGHTER on the title first!

Please read this post! You're the creator of the game, right? Fix the title, please!!  :W

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: December 09, 2012, 04:28:50 AM
It's really easy for this case to be spun into a negative strike against Capcom for being stingy as well as thieving, but at the same time, it's also pretty awesome for a fangame to get officially endorsed by the company that owns the IP. It's a mix of incredible news and awful timing, so I think I understand where both sides are coming from.

Nevertheless, this game looks awesome. I can't wait to play it. Between this, Rockman HOLIC, that new classic 8-bit Mega Man with the Bonnes, and other hot fan-games like Corrupted and Unlimited, I don't think we can keep saying we're getting nothing this year or after it. Maybe it's time we should get equipped with the Christmas Holiday spirit, all things considered.

Even the Xover experience can be salvaged if you've got an iPhone. It's not all bad.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #54 on: December 09, 2012, 11:16:03 AM
Congratulations to SonicZH, is what I say.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #55 on: December 09, 2012, 04:27:11 PM
Now I hope KoiDrake gets credit for editing the Weapon Get mugshot. XD

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: December 09, 2012, 05:11:49 PM
@SonicZH: Could you rephrase the title 'STREET FIGHTER X MEGAMAN" to "MEGAMAN VS STREET FIGHTER" when it will be released through Capcom Unity?  >^<

After all, the host game is MEGAMAN & not STREET FIGHTER. Capcom announced the game as "STREET FIGHTER X MEGAMAN" , IMHO it's not right to put STREET FIGHTER on the title first!

Please read this post! You're the creator of the game, right? Fix the title, please!!  :W

He's in Capcom's steel grasp now. If they want it to be called Street Fighter X Megaman, it will be called such.

HAIL CAPCOM!

Offline Shinobu

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: December 09, 2012, 06:40:58 PM
http://www.16bitsirens.com/sfxmm/

Not sure if this would be considered a capcom game or not, though they are releasing it. It looks like a lot of fun, I'm excited for it.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: December 09, 2012, 06:53:54 PM

Offline SonicZH

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: December 09, 2012, 09:51:04 PM
Thanks for the comments and support, Capcom did credit me a lot in the past many interviews more than themselves.
They have been really nice to me and supportive of the development.
There are many gems here, I am just very lucky to be able to make it official.
They will be talking about how the game is made official in the subsequent interviews, please support them.
I may not be even as good as some games here, but I hope everyone could support this project as the more successful it becomes the more focus they would put in to the series. Thanks for all the comments and tips as well.

Also, sorry if I sounded corky sometimes when commenting on projects here, I am just trying to convey my opinions but it might be too aggressive at times.
I am not sure when will the interviews be out, but keep a look out.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #60 on: December 09, 2012, 10:22:35 PM
I'll be sure to do that.

I'm just excited to play this finally. Glad it's official. :3

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: December 11, 2012, 02:08:26 AM
I'm glad it's official, too...not so glad about this.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #62 on: December 11, 2012, 02:19:52 AM
Why not? I'm curious. Everyone is going batshit crazy for Capcom supporting a fangame, and I just don't get why. This just shows that the fanbase isn't ready for a new Megaman game.

I see Capcom supporting a fangame as ONE step forward after all the [parasitic bomb] they have been doing lately, but at least is something, don't expect a brand new game soon if the comunity is still bitching after any Megaman news.
Now I hope KoiDrake gets credit for editing the Weapon Get mugshot. XD
lol I forgot about that :D. I wonder if Sonic is still using it.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: December 11, 2012, 03:14:32 AM
Why not? I'm curious. Everyone is going batshit crazy for Capcom supporting a fangame, and I just don't get why. This just shows that the fanbase isn't ready for a new Megaman game.

Having grievances with Capcom does not mean we "aren't ready" for a new game.

I can't speak for everyone who wasn't happy with Capcom's decision to support it in the first place; personally, I wasn't too bothered. It's just that...well, to paraphrase an associate of mine, the future of the series will be largely based on an officially-backed fangame that was just announced (as being officially-backed, anyway), with little to no advertising to make sure it has a better chance at those million or so DLs required of it.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #64 on: December 11, 2012, 04:12:19 AM
Having grievances with Capcom does not mean we "aren't ready" for a new game.
Yes it does. So far ANY mention of Megaman had a bad reaction from the fanbase (Not being in a fighting game that wasn't even meant to be, along with some cameos that for some reason got bad reactions too, getting a joke character that was just a problem of timming since it was planned years ago, or a crappy game from a mobile platform that no one cares about anyway). If they want to get a new game done for it, the fanbase first needs to cool down and accept that good games need time to get done, especially for a series that has been stuck with the same old formula since forever and needs something fresh and different to attract a new crowd of players.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: December 11, 2012, 04:26:09 AM
Capcom had all year to at least try something (I refuse to believe that Xover took an entire year to develop).

I'm tired of trying to explain why the fans would be so angry at Capcom, and this is not a thread I want to start a fight in. So I'd like to end this conversation now.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #66 on: December 11, 2012, 04:41:56 AM
I understand why everyone is angry at Capcom, but it's also really annoying to hear bad comments EVERY SINGLE TIME that Capcom even mentions Megaman. I said this many times already too, but if you hate Capcom, you should stop buying their games and ignore them completely, as bad as it sounds, they DON'T OWE ANY GAME TO THEIR FANS, they make whatever game they THINK will give them more profit. But we all know that's never going to happen, even Street Fighter has been getting a lot of hate and yet they still keep selling any game with the name pasted on the title.

That's the last thing I'll be saying about this subject too.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: December 11, 2012, 02:50:37 PM
it's also really annoying to hear bad comments EVERY SINGLE TIME that Capcom even mentions Megaman.

If Capcom wasn't screwing up every time they mention Megaman, then maybe we wouldn't be so pissed.

Unless you honestly believe things like XOver are satisfactory and we should just take whatever rotting turd they push out.

Also for the on topic record:
-Fan game being made official? Good for fan gamer, lazy for Capcom.
-Megaman VS Street Fighter? Interesting fan game mini thing. Not what I'd be looking for in an official game.
-Did they really give you resources and support? Please don't take this the wrong way but, whatever support they gave you, doesn't really show.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: December 11, 2012, 03:09:15 PM
Even though Capcom supported this fangame, I bet that next year they won't even push for another Megaman game made by them!

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #69 on: December 11, 2012, 03:48:37 PM
If Capcom wasn't screwing up every time they mention Megaman, then maybe we wouldn't be so pissed.

Unless you honestly believe things like XOver are satisfactory and we should just take whatever rotting turd they push out.
How is giving Megaman a cameo screwing up? How not including Megaman in a fighting game were he isn't needed screwing up? And how can you get "a crappy game from a mobile platform that no one cares about" as me saying that the game is satisfactory?

Now THAT's the last thing I'll say about the subject, I really don't care about all this Megaman bitching either, I rather wait until they announce something good, until then, I'll just ignore Capcom like I have been doing so far...

Bitching and rushing Capcom to make a new Megaman game right now will just get you all more rushed games like XOver.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #70 on: December 11, 2012, 09:07:42 PM
Also this is free. They put money in to finish this and get a new soundtrack... and aren't making a profit off of it because it's free.

Free.

Free.

What KoiDrake is saying is true; y'all just seem to be so blinded by your rage and anger at Capcom for the mistakes they've made that y'all can't seem to realize it. Stop seeing red, start seeing blue! :D

And plus, they're monitoring the downloads of a free game. You wanted a way for Capcom to definitely know we want more of Mega Man, and this is a way. That will cost you nothing but some hard drive space.

And give some love to SonicZH too; he's been hard at work on this game too. Don't shun his work because you're furious at Capcom.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: December 11, 2012, 10:43:16 PM
Yeah, I have to concur with Mirby and co. All the irritation and hatred levied at Capcom over Mega Man is just residual steam from Legends 3. It's understandable, but people should understand that such a reaction to each new thing even mentioning Mega Man is really just a shallow one. Yeah, Xover isn't impressive, but then it's not Mega Man X9; X/Mega Man not being in MvC3 was a drag, but it was a pretty minor one that only makes me want more X; BBA Mega Man is [tornado fang]ing great and utterly blameless, albeit not showing up at the best time; and SF x MM does have SF in it, but then that's only natural, because SF is one of Capcom's biggest and most beloved franchises. That doesn't take anything away from Mega Man, and what we're seeing with SonicZH's work is that it's actually adding richness to it and accentuating what makes Mega Man so [tornado fang]ing good. So, why is it bad that Mega Man is beating up the cast of Street Fighter for a change? And getting a new 8+ stage adventure and soundtrack to go with it?

Think about it: ever since Mega Man X, Mega Man and Street Fighter have had that neat easter egg association with each other. Now we see that connection coming full circle, and it's a great thing, quibbles about 8-bit or Legends 3 aside.

That's not to say that Capcom is off the hook now, but it is to say that not everything they say or do should be met with the most deep-seated cynicism and bile. Clearly, that isn't appropriate right now. Thinking like that is like having the blinds drawn closed all the time because you think the sun is trying to kill you. It might be habitual or addictive, but it's not healthy for anyone involved.

So anyways, there's nothing else I can say except I can't wait till this game comes out, and hope to hear the best news on that day about Mega Man's future. Maybe it's time to start getting optimistic, or at least less bitter.

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• The Laberynth Librarian
  • Resistance Member
  • Individuality, so F*#K popularity
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: December 11, 2012, 11:04:39 PM
I just saw a video at Protodudes Corner, a video on C. Viper.  At the end, you get equipped, with Koidrakes submission.  Congrates... :cookie:

They're coming to take me away
hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=veasman#

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: December 11, 2012, 11:29:26 PM
Congrats bros! Looks fantastic. Three things:

-I like how the guy playing tried the pause-unpause exploit at the end.

-That sudden zoom-in looks like it'll mildly throw me off when fighting them, but they sure look cute up-close

-Great boss logic/moves

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: December 12, 2012, 12:30:20 AM
What KoiDrake is saying is true; y'all just seem to be so blinded by your rage and anger at Capcom for the mistakes they've made that y'all can't seem to realize it. Stop seeing red, start seeing blue! :D

And plus, they're monitoring the downloads of a free game. You wanted a way for Capcom to definitely know we want more of Mega Man, and this is a way. That will cost you nothing but some hard drive space.

:O

BWAHAHAHAAAA. I absolutely love how you tell people to stop seeing red when Capcom is once again making the same stupid mistake as Legends 3, which you even acknowledge. Riddle me this; How do you judge the worth of a product when, from a business standpoint, it's worthless? This game is essentially a free t-shirt. It costs so little to make that they are shooting it out of a bazooka at you. Mind you, free t-shirts are awesome, just like this game looks (Again, way to go Sonic ZH). But to use this to judge the PAINFULLY [tornado fang]ing OBVIOUS FACT that MegaMan fans want more of MegaMan is [tornado fang]ing absurd. The fact they they continue to say out loud that they are monitoring how well the game does only continues to hurt their PR cred. The only difference between this stupidity and the stupidity of the Legends 3 prototype debacle is #1. they didn't charge for this one and #2. this doesn't force people to go out and buy a system just to prove the prototype's worth. Continuing this discussion with these next two questions...

So, why is it bad that Mega Man is beating up the cast of Street Fighter for a change? And getting a new 8+ stage adventure and soundtrack to go with it?

MegaMan 9 & 10 were cheap games as well that gave us new bosses and new soundtracks. For everything included in them, they were only $20 a pop, and Capcom hasn't even continued giving us that. As sad as it is to say this, Street Fighter vs. MegaMan represents why people are still pissed and continuing with their "cynicism and bile." What it represents is that Capcom is putting the most minimal effort into giving fans MegaMan. It's the exact same reason why people were insulted by XOver as well. Thankfully, at least an awesome fan made this game and not whomever made XOver. SF vs. MM shows actual effort put into it.

Think about it: ever since Mega Man X, Mega Man and Street Fighter have had that neat easter egg association with each other. Now we see that connection coming full circle, and it's a great thing, quibbles about 8-bit or Legends 3 aside.

Putting 8-Bit or Legends 3 aside, the problem with this game is not the game itself but what it represents, like I stated above. It represents Capcom putting little to no effort into it. This is Sonic ZH's gem, not Capcom. Capcom didn't bring the SF & MM connection "full circle." Sonic ZH did. Hell, I give him a lot of credit. He's essentially done what a lot of fans want Capcom to do with the MM franchise in the first place; let someone else make games for it. If Capcom is only going to give us vomited up crap like XOver, then they might as well support more of the Sonic ZH's out there who care enough to do something worthwhile with the franchise. People have been clamoring for Capcom to let Nintendo or someone else take a crack at a MM game. Fans don't just want any new MM game that comes out. They want some actual effort put into it. Which brings me to this last point...

That's not to say that Capcom is off the hook now, but it is to say that not everything they say or do should be met with the most deep-seated cynicism and bile. Clearly, that isn't appropriate right now. Thinking like that is like having the blinds drawn closed all the time because you think the sun is trying to kill you. It might be habitual or addictive, but it's not healthy for anyone involved.

So anyways, there's nothing else I can say except I can't wait till this game comes out, and hope to hear the best news on that day about Mega Man's future. Maybe it's time to start getting optimistic, or at least less bitter.

Capcom will NEVER be off the hook or stop being met with the most deep-seated cynicism and bile until they give fans something worthwhile that shows effort and care were put into making a quality product. It's what pretty much every consumer wants. This game shows that effort and love were put into it by its true creator, Sonic ZH. It's why fans get excited by fan games like MegaMan X: Corrupted, because you can see the hard work and soul that the creators put into it. Capcom has shown their fans absolutely nothing when it comes to this. Anything that required effort has been cancelled, some much worse than others, and the last two new games they've shown are this and XOver. Again, no effort from Capcom. The sun may not be trying to kill us. In fact, we cannot live without it. However, it is harmful and not to be trusted!

I agree with the wait and see thing though. Dec 17th (while nowhere near as important as Dec 15th 8D) could prove fruitful for MM fans. Finally. However, if they want to avoid more flack then it better be something worthwhile. I, being me Protoman Blues, would be absolutely happy with another 8-bit MM11 announcement. But that's me and my love of 8-Bit Playable Blues. It cannot and should not be another game like that. It'll only compound the current situation.