Capcom in NYC

Henger83 · 13523

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: October 07, 2010, 03:42:51 AM
Capcom is going to be in my neck of the woods for the next few days. Who's going? I'm definitely there.
Can't wait to try out MMU. I'll be playing it tomorrow.  8)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 03:45:03 AM
Protoman Blues will be there. He might be able to twitter about it on RPM. ^^;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 03:50:11 AM
After finding out I'm in good standings in my programming course, I've decided to skip tomorrow and be there. Hope I'll get to see all the RPM faithful tomorrow! 8)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 04:13:20 AM
God damn you guys and your being able to be there. Im jealous. I dont have time nor the money >_>

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 04:20:59 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, I can literally walk there. That library is such a common stomping ground for me that I seriously asked myself why they would have an event like this there -- it feels too ordinary for a Capcom event. XD

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 05:03:12 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, I can literally walk there. That library is such a common stomping ground for me that I seriously asked myself why they would have an event like this there -- it feels too ordinary for a Capcom event. XD

You can walk there? Very fortunate  :P When I first read the announcement I thought the same thing (why there?) o-O. But hey, I'm not complaining because every single time they've been here, I've always missed them.  :|

Hey Flame, are you in NYC? If you're here and can't go, that sucks more than the people that do want to go that are not in NYC. :'( Well, I hope you can make it at least one day.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 05:23:53 AM
Indeed I shall be there. I'm looking forward to it! XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 04:12:53 PM
You can walk there? Very fortunate  :P When I first read the announcement I thought the same thing (why there?) o-O. But hey, I'm not complaining because every single time they've been here, I've always missed them.  :|

Hey Flame, are you in NYC? If you're here and can't go, that sucks more than the people that do want to go that are not in NYC. :'( Well, I hope you can make it at least one day.
Oh I am in NYC, (have to take the Ferry or express bus tho-)
But I dont have time, and I dont have the money. otherwise I would be all over that [parasitic bomb].

maybe next year.
NEXT YEAR FOR SURE! >^<

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 04:21:30 PM
THIS IS WHAT YOU STATEN ISLANDERS GET FOR NOT HAVING A SUBWAY LINE
But in all seriousness, I'm a New Yorker and not able to make it there either because I have so much [parasitic bomb] to do. I hardly go to these events anyway. It'd be nice to go just once...

Is there a link for more info? It'd be much appreciated.
Never mind.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 04:47:35 PM
So does this start today?

Or tomorrow?

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 04:51:14 PM
Today.

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 06:30:43 PM
Oh I am in NYC, (have to take the Ferry or express bus tho-)
But I dont have time, and I dont have the money. otherwise I would be all over that [parasitic bomb].

maybe next year.
NEXT YEAR FOR SURE! >^<

Hmmm, I guess you didn't know today's event is free (at the Brooklyn Library). I know how most people feel though. I usually find out about these things after they have taken place and a website post news as to what happened at the particular event. That, and I'm usually too busy like yourself. X(

I'm already here eating lunch and waiting. The shows starts in an hour.  :)

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 06:33:36 PM
Where is this, exactly?

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 07:14:02 PM
The Dweck Auditorium, Brooklyn Public Library, 10 Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11238
Better hurry if you plan on coming. They have given out tickets already but there are a lot left. Even if the shows starts and there are tickets left you can still get in.

EDIT:
Here is the flyer:

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 07:25:41 PM
I couldn't make it today because I'm getting ready for NYAF/NYCC this weekend. I'll get all my MMU needs there, and more.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 07:39:35 PM
Lou and I are here, we have our tickets and we are just waiting for it to start.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 12:42:49 AM
My brother and I will be at Comic Con on Sunday.  I hope to see you guys there!  Maybe I can leave a PictoChat session open or something to touch base?  *shrugs*

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 01:42:21 AM
The Dweck Auditorium, Brooklyn Public Library, 10 Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11238
Better hurry if you plan on coming. They have given out tickets already but there are a lot left. Even if the shows starts and there are tickets left you can still get in.

EDIT:
Here is the flyer:

Oh, I thought this was about Comicon.

I still couldnt go though. I had class.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 01:57:21 AM
It's about both, I believe.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 02:27:25 AM
My brother and I will be at Comic Con on Sunday.  I hope to see you guys there!  Maybe I can leave a PictoChat session open or something to touch base?  *shrugs*

I'll be wearing my MM10 shirt on Sunday, and all of RPM should know my sexcellent face!  XD

Oh yeah, Inafune might be signing stuff so make sure to bring something for him to sign.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 02:55:59 AM
So I heard.  I'm debating what to bring.  Leaning towards MMXOCW...

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 03:15:09 AM
So I heard.  I'm debating what to bring.  Leaning towards MMXOCW...

I'm probably bringing my MMOCW & MegaMan Legends 2. (He'll sometimes sign multiple things).

Offline Canticleer Blues

• Never enough Blues fans
  • Net Navi
  • Looking beyond the horizon...
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 03:39:19 AM
I'm going to NYCC! : D  So exciting.  I'm hoping to see Keiji Inafune, and if I do, I'll have my copy of MML1 ready for signin'!  owob

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 03:59:40 AM
I couldn't make it today because I'm getting ready for NYAF/NYCC this weekend. I'll get all my MMU needs there, and more.

You can do that too but that will only be one hour, supposedly anyway.

Oh, I thought this was about Comicon.

I still couldnt go though. I had class.

Oh...

I'll be wearing my MM10 shirt on Sunday, and all of RPM should know my sexcellent face!  XD

Oh yeah, Inafune might be signing stuff so make sure to bring something for him to sign.

Where you the guy wearing the MM9 shirt today?
I would recommend bringing something MM related that you think no one else would bring in case Inafune is doing signatures.

Well, I'm back home. The event was interesting and somewhat informative. I though more people would have attended (the person who gave me my ticket told me there were 180 seats and I'd say close to 80 of those remained empty.) I recorded most of it (until my sd card ran out of memory). I also recorded MMU gameplay footage of the other playing (I'm sure other people got footage of me playing it buy I don't have that). The trial disc they had there was the PS3 version on a PS3 Test system (it doesn't quite look like a consumer PS3). There is no rolling demo on the disc as the game was on the title screen for about 10 minutes and nothing happened until someone was finally handed the controller and pressed start. I would say about twenty something people got to try out MMU.  Everyone else was  playing the other games (Tatsunoko vs Capcom , ect...)

I must say that the build of MMU that we had a chance to play the controls are somewhat difficult. Either or we were handed a worn PS3 controller. Some of the areas in the stages look like they are purposely blocked off. I had reach a shutter with the Wily logo above it and getting to it was pretty damn hard or impossible. No one that played was able to reach it. I thought I had it when playing as the MegaMan/MetalMan/QuickMan character but no dice.
There were 3 stages playable. One heavily based on Air Man, and the other two mostly Crash Man and a bit of Wood Man here and there, but Crash Man more than anything.

The remixes to the songs were sweet.  8)  I would have recorded that alone but all the talking would not have made that a good idea.

Some souvenirs were given out. I received a Monster Hunter 3 trial disc for the Wii. I wanted that MMU TGS disc so bad  0v0 but of course that wasn't being given out as the game is still W.I.P..

Our play time was cut short too which sucks because they had to go. (Nooo!)

Capcom will be at the NYCC but showing off different games on each day. I asked one of the Capcom guys whether or not MMU will be playable there besides Sunday, and he said it may be as they are planning some surprises but he can't say for sure.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 04:07:54 AM
Where you the guy wearing the MM9 shirt today?

Yeah that was me! XD