MegaMan Legends 3 is REAL, AND IT'S SPECTACULAR...LY IN 3-D

Jericho · 189990

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #375 on: October 04, 2010, 08:18:02 AM
It becomes one when it's the main character's name and they need a REASON for it- but otherwise of course it's a nod.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #376 on: October 04, 2010, 08:59:06 AM
Yeah, I still don't think it was meant to be taken seriously.

It's kinda like how Indiana Jones took his name from the family dog, and that wasn't his birth name. Sure, that's how they say it goes, but it's still funny. And it's not really taken seriously.

Granted in that instance, it is canon, but still. You get the point.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline NEO Ness

• Purifier Unit
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #377 on: October 04, 2010, 10:16:00 AM
I agree with Flame.  (Even them translating it to "Mega" would have been a bit better.)

I like your Sonic joke too.

So, that whole "named after favorite video game character', wasn't that a diary entry in the game itself?  (I cant remember specifically).  Does anyone know what it said in Japanese?  

"Roll named Rock: Rock.  Because she loves to ROCCKKK!!!!!!!"

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #378 on: October 04, 2010, 10:46:57 AM
Well I'm officially ready now.

I just beat Legends 2.

[used Shining Laser with no remorse while stuck in the Black Hole attack while she pummeled me with meteors and then she died! :D]

(maybe I should get Tron Bonne first... :P)

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #379 on: October 04, 2010, 12:29:38 PM
Yeah, I still don't think it was meant to be taken seriously.

It's kinda like how Indiana Jones took his name from the family dog, and that wasn't his birth name. Sure, that's how they say it goes, but it's still funny. And it's not really taken seriously.

Granted in that instance, it is canon, but still. You get the point.
Its that its so silly though. In the Japanese, he has an actual name- which Barrel thought would be punny on Roll's name. So he's "Rock" Volnutt. And then he is revealed to originally have been "Rockman Trigger"

This way, its like His name is already Megaman Volnutt... and then he used to be Megaman Trigger?

Do you see my issue with it here. his Purifier name looses its specialty when it is almost the same as his adoptive name. Its simply a change in last name, instead of this whole change of name to "Rockman/Mega Man"

Plus really... Growing up with the name "Megaman"... *brings back the Sonic The hedgehog example*

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #380 on: October 04, 2010, 03:48:52 PM
Yes, the localization was stupid.  We know that.

I believe I was saying something elsewhere regarding how Capcom US didn't really give a [parasitic bomb]?  Still applies.  I just pray they put more care into Legends 3 than they did ZX Advent.  That localization was a [tornado fang]ing disaster.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #381 on: October 04, 2010, 05:58:01 PM
ZXA was fine in its localization, Its just that It was the X7 voice cast, which just didnt work. I cannot un hear Grey's X voice.

and then theres model Z and X having close to the SAME voice.

Offline NEO Ness

• Purifier Unit
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #382 on: October 04, 2010, 08:49:16 PM
Do you see my issue with it here. his Purifier name looses its specialty when it is almost the same as his adoptive name. Its simply a change in last name, instead of this whole change of name to "Rockman/Mega Man"

Yeah, that's basically what I said!  Looks like you and I are on the same page here. 

-Any theories as to what the Elder(s) might look like or be like in this game?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #383 on: October 04, 2010, 09:21:38 PM
It'll be Master Thomas and Master Mikhail. I know it. XD

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #384 on: October 04, 2010, 11:27:23 PM
Didnt the master base him off of a friend of his? (or so i heard) Id sure like to know more of that.

To my recollection, no such statement exists.

Pretty positive that Trigger was created with the Master's DNA.

The Master's DNA was given to Trigger in the form of the "good luck charm". By having that, others of the system would be reluctant to fight him at full force; they couldn't risk destroying the Master's genetic sample.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #385 on: October 04, 2010, 11:32:36 PM
To my recollection, no such statement exists.

Huh. must have been a fanon belief then.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #386 on: October 04, 2010, 11:40:23 PM
ONLY YOU CAN IGNORE FANON CLAIMS.

Still ready for this.

Offline NEO Ness

• Purifier Unit
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #387 on: October 04, 2010, 11:58:31 PM
The Master's DNA was given to Trigger in the form of the "good luck charm". By having that, others of the system would be reluctant to fight him at full force; they couldn't risk destroying the Master's genetic sample.

So, since Trigger was a Purifier Unit (kind of a blend between organic and mechanical), it wouldn't be too far off to say that he used that DNA into his own programing (himself), rather than just having a chip in his pocket, no?

Offline ಠ_ಠ

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #388 on: October 05, 2010, 12:29:26 AM
It does that randomly and it has been doing that for years.
Keep trying and you will be able to get past those black loading screens, or try ePSXe 1.7.0.
Maybe I help you with a new ISO rip from my game disc, hopefully that will work.
I'm using 1.7.0 and it's always the exact same error. Whenever I run down the "ramp" to the area where Glyde is, it fades to black like it should, but after that it just stays there never loading. I get the same problem when I try to pull up the pause screen too, the music plays but the pause screen never comes up. I have a psx that's old enough to allow me to use the swap trick, but don't know how to get the iso onto the a disk. No, I didn't try to burn the iso like a normal file. My problem is that my cd program doesn't see the iso file that I have.

Previously Zerokun.
If it moves, shoot it; if it doesn't move, well......shoot it anyway.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #389 on: October 05, 2010, 12:38:49 AM
I can't believe no one posted this. There was an update today on the staff behind MML3 and JESUS [tornado fang], it's nothing but superstars and veterans:

Hello again, This is MML3 director Masakazu Eguchi!

[...]

First of all, as it says in profile on the left, I got my first shot at directing my own title with Mega Man Legends 2. Before that, I was working as a planner. I was in charge of things like the Nino Island Ruins, Calinca Ruins, and Pirate Train missions.

I was still a freshman back then, and truth is that there are some things I wanted to do with Legends 2, but didn’t.

Even as I poured myself into the EXE and Star Force projects, I held onto those things and stored them away somewhere in a corner of my heart. This time, as director of Legends 3, inside I am like, “Yesss! It’s time!”

Now, let me tell you who will be working with me to make Legends 3...

First, we have Yoshinori Kawano, director of Legends 1 and Legends 2 who will be overseeing the overall Legends 3 project and offering his unique insight to the rest of the staff into what makes Legends the legend it is. He is as much my spiritual mentor now as he was then, and as strict as he is kind.

Also, we have reunited art directors, planners, designers from the early Legends titles as well as enlisted support from their students, the members EXE and Star Force teams. To top it off, we’ve sprinkles in leaders and key staff from the Monster Hunter, Lost Planet, and Basara titles. I think that it is safe to say that we have put together a team of talent who will best be able to combine the best of both old and new for this project.

Full article here. Meanwhile, I'm now even more hyped for this. Can't wait for Comic Con. (Hopefully I'll be there. 8) )

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #390 on: October 05, 2010, 12:47:55 AM
Meanwhile, I'm now even more hyped for this. Can't wait for Comic Con. (Hopefully I'll be there. 8) )

YOU BETTER BE!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #391 on: October 05, 2010, 12:53:56 AM
If they show MML3 you better [tornado fang]ing cam it.

If you don't I swear I'll run over there and kick you in the ass. So hard that you can chew on my nails.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #392 on: October 05, 2010, 01:36:47 AM
If they show MML3 you better [tornado fang]ing cam it.

If you don't I swear I'll run over there and kick you in the ass. So hard that you can chew on my nails.

I'm sure there will be multiple cam videos online, if there is a trailer. I mean, it's Legends Goddamn 3.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #393 on: October 05, 2010, 01:41:45 AM
I can't believe no one posted this. There was an update today on the staff behind MML3 and JESUS [tornado fang], it's nothing but superstars and veterans:

Full article here. Meanwhile, I'm now even more hyped for this. Can't wait for Comic Con. (Hopefully I'll be there. 8) )
*nerdgasms*

Well, at least they're choosing people familiar with the Legends universe, and not a bunch of new people.

Now all we need confirmation on is the original VAs.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #394 on: October 05, 2010, 02:07:41 AM
We're not going to get any such confirmation until much later.  I doubt they're dubbing the game in English for the Japanese players like they do Resident Evil.

Still, it's nice to hear they've got talent working on the game, and they're not just passing it off to Inti like the last half-dozen Megaman games.

The Other Side

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #395 on: October 05, 2010, 02:13:46 AM
Well I know it'll be a while, but still... :D

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #396 on: October 05, 2010, 02:36:54 AM
I'm sure there will be multiple cam videos online, if there is a trailer. I mean, it's Legends Goddamn 3.

I hope you're right. But if not... I won a trip to the US!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #397 on: October 06, 2010, 01:23:41 AM
Just reserved Sunday passes for me and my big brother. 8)  Hopefully I'll run into some fellow RPMers.

Pretty positive that Trigger was created with the Master's DNA.
No.  As Zan said, he simply carries the Master's DNA as assurance that those of the Elysium System will not attempt to destroy him.

The means by which he carries it is unclear, but I think it's a safe bet that Trigger has his own DNA.  Remember, he was returned to his "original configuration" (baby's body) even after carrying the Master's "genetic sample".

I know I don't have any proof, but I always had this feeling that the Master was Zero and X in a human form.
I recall some japanese interview unearthed which confirmed that previous characters such as X were not the Master, but would not comment as to whether or not they were among the Elders.  Unfortunately I don't remember the specifics, but I think it's something that Marshmallow Man dug up...

Maybe Zan remembers that better than I do...?

Another bothersome issues is when i found out that his name was Rock Volnutt, and not Megaman Volnutt kinda made me mad.  Because when your told "Your real name is Mega Man Trigger, a purifier unit, like other Mega Man." [seen towards the end of ZX, that the term 'mega man' was starting to shape into a 'class' of sorts]

"Mega Man" does not denote a Purifier Unit.  Mega Man Juno is not a Purifier, he is a Bureaucratic Unit.

The name thing really has to do with the fact that we in the U.S. only know "Rock" from MM4 and the Ruby Spears cartoon show, so it is not as recognizable and doesn't tie the character directly to the game title.  Further, in the context of the U.S., it would also denote the Classic MegaMan specifically, as opposed to using a name already shared across multiple series for a new character.

"Rock" finding out his real name is "Rockman" is a pretty bizarre coincidence anyway, if you ask me.  And as awkward as "Mega Man" may sound for a name, "Mega" simply does not work, as the badly trained monkeys who localized MMPU found out.

Aren't her and Trigger technically around the same age? (excluding Triggers past life- I mean from the moment Barrel found him.) and if he was reset to a baby, then wouldn't Roll be around a baby/toddler age? depending on whgat age- she would be too young to be even playing videogames. If a bit older though, Her grandfather is going to let her name a baby after a video game character... yeah, I never really bought the whole "named after her favorite Video game character" thing...
Roughly, yes, but Roll is slightly older (less than a year; they're both 14 as of L1).  "Rock Volnutt" was named as a pun on Roll's name.

And well...just because one doesn't play games doesn't mean one doesn't hear of them.  Who knows, Barrel may have named him anything, and Roll's name just wound up sticking.  He did say that he tried to get her to change her mind.

It is "canon" as much as the name Mega Man itself is, being an in-game quote.  Different name mandates a different origin.  But at least both tie to Roll, so they were kept as similar as was practical.

DISCLAIMER: Im not being a negative prick BTW, Im just pointing out how silly that was in hind sight, and how much more sense it would make if it was kept "Rock Vollnut". Please don't eat me.
I taste bad. Honest.
Yes, Yoshi confirms that you taste like a sweat-bag. :P

ZXA was fine in its localization, Its just that It was the X7 voice cast, which just didnt work. I cannot un hear Grey's X voice.
Grey actually worked fine, I think (which is a testament to how much blame I place on X7's script as opposed to its actor).  Aile is the one that gets me.  Vent, bizarrely, sounds great in cutscene (that's as passable as "Megamerge" will ever sound...) but horrid in in-game dialogue.

his Purifier name looses its specialty when it is almost the same as his adoptive name. Its simply a change in last name

You're criss-crossing your naming customs.  Neither "Mega Man" nor "Rockman" are believed to have any speciality among Elysium's Units, since the name is shared with Juno (hence we popularly assume that it refers to a class of some sort).  Among Carbons, Volnutt is the family name, and Mega Man is the individual name.  But it is Trigger, not Mega Man, which addresses him as an individual among the Elysium people.  The group/family and individual names are ordered differently between the two cultures.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #398 on: October 06, 2010, 01:56:05 AM
Vent kinda sounded like Kenshin Himura, except more lifeless.

The Other Side

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #399 on: October 06, 2010, 03:43:37 AM
Kenshin had life in him?  :\