MegaMan Legends 3 is REAL, AND IT'S SPECTACULAR...LY IN 3-D

Jericho · 189077

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #800 on: December 18, 2010, 03:30:00 AM
No it isn't, at least not on my pc. The only image the blog with the name poll has is the usual one of her =/
They fixed it.
Too bad.

The new hair would do her a lot of good, I think.  I didn't appreciate how they shortened it after the poll was concluded. 
I would have been fine with her winning of she at least stayed with the same hair. She DID look nice. Instead, they changed it to give her a big forehead and make it worse. ugh.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #801 on: December 18, 2010, 04:10:39 AM
It grows on me though. I should try to give her more chance.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #802 on: December 18, 2010, 04:16:27 AM
I cant get used to it. I really dislike big forehead characters. I cant explain why, but I just really don't like her current design. :P

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #803 on: December 18, 2010, 04:27:37 AM
I know what you mean.  Nothing wrong with liking a character who actually has bangs.  To me, big foreheads look cute on kids (and I mean LITTLE kids, not 14-year-old MegaMan protagonists), and dignified on the elderly.  That's it.  Otherwise they look blegh.

They fixed it.
Too bad.
Blast.

A cookie to Vix for preserving it for us, then. :cookie: <3

I think now would be a good time for me to create a dedicated Legends 3 image folder on my comp, rather than shoving it in with the rest of my MegaMan stuff.  Also still need to save those summary images they posted for the NPC event.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Canticleer Blues

• Never enough Blues fans
  • Net Navi
  • Looking beyond the horizon...
    • View Profile
Reply #804 on: December 18, 2010, 04:44:24 AM
Hm, that particular 'redesign' of Sephira/Aero was actually a piece of fanart by Score, a member of the Capcom Unity forums.   :)

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #805 on: December 18, 2010, 04:53:17 AM
Hm, that particular 'redesign' of Sephira/Aero was actually a piece of fanart by Score, a member of the Capcom Unity forums.   :)

I knew I'd seen that before; just couldn't remember the artist's name.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #806 on: December 18, 2010, 04:54:06 AM
I knew I'd seen that before; just couldn't remember the artist's name.

Same here, but that saves the argument then.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #807 on: December 18, 2010, 05:29:36 AM
I could have sworn it was one of the redesigns before they landed on the last one.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #808 on: December 18, 2010, 05:35:42 AM
More specifically, Score drew it, Ian colored it (from what I've seen Score seems to be more adept at colored pencils; reminds me of myself years ago).

It's on his DeviantArt page.
http://score6.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d31z4mx

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #809 on: December 18, 2010, 06:29:59 AM
I like how they updated Sephira's design to shorten her hair. Won't stop people from complaining that she looks like she belongs in a Pokemon game instead of a Rockman game.  ::)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #810 on: December 18, 2010, 07:27:42 AM
She looked more Pokemon before, TBH.
And yet, I'd rather her look like a pokemon reject than the way she currently looks.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #811 on: December 18, 2010, 01:30:21 PM
I like how they updated Sephira's design to shorten her hair. Won't stop people from complaining that she looks like she belongs in a Pokemon game instead of a Rockman game.  ::)
Actually it looked a lot more Pokemon (and stupid) with the original hair, I would be fine with that other design.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #812 on: December 18, 2010, 06:08:10 PM
Fans recently selected Aero to be the game's new heroine. Now Capcom is giving fans a chance to select her voice. Yes, this is the latest user contribution component for the 3DS Mega Man Legends revival.

Capcom had three voice actresses audition for the role. You'll get to listen to some samples from the audition and select the one you think best fits the character. The catch is, Capcom isn't revealing the voice actresses names or past work, so the decision will be based exclusively off the samples.

To take part in the Japanese voice actress vote, visit the Japanese dev room (login required). Voting will be held through January 11.

In other Legends news, Capcom opened a Japanese page detailing the Legends series as a whole. Visit this page for a look at the series and its characters.

The page lists the following features of Legends 3:

* Uses Capcom's MT Framework tools (this was mentioned in a recent development blog post)
    * Will have a number of new characters, starting with the user-selected Aero.
    * "Free Running" has been powered up. You'll be able to run through a massive open field that has height variances. The abundant reactions, sub events and gimmicks that have won the series favor are being powered up as well.
    * The game will have a variety of fields, including massive unexplored ruins.
    * They're currently looking into multiplayer elements.
sawce

Possible multiplayer and "massive open field" really caught my attention. Can't wait for sum screens!

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #813 on: December 18, 2010, 08:40:04 PM
Multiplayer elements is gonna be trading or something equally inane. Just you watch!
You'll be able to run through a massive open field that has height variances.
So... it's Ocarina of Time?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #814 on: December 19, 2010, 02:22:00 AM
I'm reminded of ZX Advent and our massive excitement at converting some energy...

All Legends games had height variance.  That said, it's nice to know that Capcom, unlike the rest of the world, doesn't bury their heads in the sand when something old happens to actually work.  Nintendo could stand to remember that with Mario Kart.

Aresian

Reply #815 on: December 21, 2010, 08:35:17 AM
Hopefully this IS the new official take... or at least the general direction. Looks infinitely, WORLDS better. Makes me feel like there is less going on here. STILL not simplistic enough to be Legends, but hey... beggers and all that.

Thanks for addressing the FAIL of the FAIL CHOICE, Capcom.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #816 on: January 06, 2011, 02:25:52 AM
A new year brings new localization.  We went from Aero, to Sephira, back to Aero again.  Because, you know, Aero being the Japanese name and four letters long makes it superior.  Obviously.  >.>

I'd like to know where the hell these people were when Capcom came up with the term Megamerge.  *shudder*

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #817 on: January 06, 2011, 07:53:12 PM
I'm reminded of ZX Advent and our massive excitement at converting some energy...

I really wonder what you're referring to here.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #818 on: January 06, 2011, 10:22:23 PM
Because, you know, Aero being the Japanese name and four letters long makes it superior.  Obviously.  >.>

Damn purists. >.>

The only good thing I see in this? If the English fanbase continues to reject all localization changes, there'll at least be enough consistency between the two versions to make debates easier, and there won't be as much arguing over terms.

Hopefully.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #819 on: January 15, 2011, 12:20:49 AM
A bit of wishful thinking there, I think.  Especially since we already got the "be careful what you wish for" lesson in localization with X6's Maverick names.  Not that I minded, but much bitching and eyebrow-raising went on with the rest of the internets.

I really wonder what you're referring to here.
I was referring to Superdee and Algin's comments about multiplayer.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #820 on: January 15, 2011, 01:02:25 AM
A bit of wishful thinking there, I think.  Especially since we already got the "be careful what you wish for" lesson in localization with X6's Maverick names.  Not that I minded, but much bitching and eyebrow-raising went on with the rest of the internets.

Sigh. :( I have to remember that this is the Megaman fandom.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #821 on: January 15, 2011, 02:23:02 PM
Hey, at least it's not the Sonic fandom...

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #822 on: January 15, 2011, 06:48:55 PM
ROCK'S EYES ARE GREEN!!!!!!1!!!1!!1!one!!1

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Burst

• Not Just Some Dude
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Slorgas.
    • View Profile
Reply #823 on: January 15, 2011, 07:42:18 PM

Word.

You can't be just some dude with that post count...

I HAVE MY EYE ON YOU
Armor sprite done by Blackhook, NOTME.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #824 on: January 17, 2011, 05:04:37 AM
Aero's model is complete

Personally love the cel-shaded look. Was instantly reminded of Wind Waker.