Linkin Park gets their own.. Gundam?

Gotham Ranger · 1892

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
on: September 16, 2010, 07:01:10 AM
I wasn't sure if this belonged in Entertainment or what, so this works.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-09-15/linkin-park-rock-album-to-bundle-gundam-plastic-model

Warner Music Japan has announced on Wednesday that the American rock band Linkin Park is contributing a theme song for Bandai Namco Games' Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. arcade game. In addition, a deluxe box of the band's newest album, A Thousand Suns, will bundle a limited-edition Gundam plastic model ("Gunpla") in Japan on November 24.

The album's Gunpla 30th Anniversary Edition will include a HGUC 1/144 RX-78GP01Fb Gundam GP01Fb Full Vernian "Linkin Park Edition" plastic model kit. According to their official Japanese website, the members of the band are big fans of the Gundam robot anime franchise, and they designed the custom color scheme of the model. The Gunpla Edition will feature special box art with the band members and the Gundam design.
I like Linkin Park.

I like Gundam.

Awesome.

I may just have to try and get this when it comes out. I mean, I already own A Thousand Suns, but really.. I ended up buying 3 copies of Meteora due to my sister losing 2 and I own two copies of Minutes to Midnight (was given the second). None of those came with anything extra. A Thousand Suns already gave me a shirt, a Gundam model would be even better!

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 07:07:12 AM
Warner Music Japan has announced on Wednesday that the American rock band Linkin Park is contributing a theme song for Bandai Namco Games' Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. arcade game. In addition, a deluxe box of the band's newest album, A Thousand Suns, will bundle a limited-edition Gundam plastic model ("Gunpla") in Japan on November 24.

Hmm. I have to say, I am quite curious. I haven't heard a Linkin Park song in [tornado fang]ing AGES.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 07:19:08 AM
Hmm. I have to say, I am quite curious. I haven't heard a Linkin Park song in [tornado fang]ing AGES.
New Divide would be what you would want to listen for their last real rock song. A Thousand Suns is very much an experimental album. There's little if any rock. I like it, though. Love the sound. You'll wanna preview it to be sure it's you're thing.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 07:35:21 AM
They're not getting their own Gundam. What they are getting, or giving, is a 1/144 HGAC model of the Gundam RX-78GP01fB, which is from 0083 Stardust Memory. It's a shame they're not getting a RG (Real Grade) 1/144 model kit, because those just put High Grades to utter, utter shame. Haha, also in a funny little bit of irony is the fact that this particular Gundam is piloted by hands down the worst Gundam pilot in all of Gundam really! XD

I do like the suit though, and although I'm not the biggest Linkin Park fan, this is pretty cool.