Is Battle Network good as pokemon?

Waifu · 10340

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
on: September 14, 2010, 08:03:10 PM
I like the ballte network games but one thing bothers me, was the series every bit as good as the series that it was competing with? Pokemon does have sequelitis bit yet it still have quality titles and the same coul be said of battle network although BN4 and 5 left a lot tobe desired. In the end, was battle Network as good as Pokemon.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 08:21:05 PM
They're not even the same genre.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 08:22:34 PM
It was better than Pokemon.
Maybe except BN4, because that game is [tornado fang]ing horrendous, but overall, MMBN3, 2 and 6 ARE [tornado fang]ing PRO.
Besides, I can still play BN and have fun, and I can't even bring myself to finish Platinum or Soul Silver because those games [tornado fang]ing bore me.
YES! POKEMON ARE [tornado fang]ing BORING GAMES!
Possibly Black & White will change that.
That's my opinion.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 08:35:22 PM
One hater of this series will have your head for dinner if he sees this topic. XD

Also, this game has more wommenz than any other spinoff combined. But alas, I play it mostly because of the story flow up until "loldarknessyndrome" hit in 4. But I continued to buy the games. Transmission was the most fun.  >w<

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 09:27:48 PM
6 was way too easy. I liked 3 best.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 01:58:26 AM
6 was way too easy. I liked 3 best.
Same here. Plus, I cried at the ending of 3 the first time. :'(

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline UrielManX7

• Maverick Hunter Rank A
  • Robot Master
  • Justice will always win
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 02:32:23 AM
Same here. Plus, I cried at the ending of 3 the first time. :'(
lol me too.
But seriously you cant even compare them, and 6 was easy because [tornado fang]ing capcom of america remove like 7 areas from the undernet/graveyard along with the Django quest. T_T_T_T
TAAAIIIYYYYOOOUUUU!!!!!!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 02:34:09 AM
lol me too.
But seriously you cant even compare them, and 6 was easy because [tornado fang]ing capcom of america remove like 7 areas from the undernet/graveyard along with the Django quest. T_T_T_T
TAAAIIIYYYYOOOUUUU!!!!!!
No, it was easy because you could get good chips too early on.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 03:32:08 AM

Plus half of them Viruses were viri from the previous games, which by now you should be familiar with their movement patterns.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 03:35:03 AM
Exactly.

And some of the bosses were kinda easy...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline UrielManX7

• Maverick Hunter Rank A
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 03:44:54 AM
Well, maybe its another story on the japanese version dont you think?
i never tried it because i though i wont be able to pass the first puzzle.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 05:01:02 AM
Exactly.

And some of the bosses were kinda easy...

Kinda?

You shouldn't be able to S Rank the first boss in the game the very first time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 05:14:01 AM
Well, maybe its another story on the japanese version dont you think?
i never tried it because i though i wont be able to pass the first puzzle.
The Japanese version is the same. the removed areas were only bonus areas. They dont affect the difficulty of the game.

Offline UrielManX7

• Maverick Hunter Rank A
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 05:14:37 AM
Have you tried them?

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 05:15:23 AM

Admittedly, the arsenals as a whole in BN2-3 were far more broken than anything you could pull in 6.  Stuff like Gater and the Flashman folder pretty much allowed you to wipe anything off the map with relative ease, while BN6's PA limitation makes you work a little harder for your kills.  Keep in mind that I'm taking 2-player mode into consideration with this statement; I've killed and been killed very quickly in my fair share of Netbattles.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 05:22:15 AM
Have you tried them?
Dude, they are areas that you dont get to until later in the game. They dont affect the difficulty of the beginning of the game.

Offline SUIKA

• Robot Master
  • It's a good thing I exist.
    • View Profile
    • IDC
Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 05:26:53 AM
They're not even the same genre.

Wellllll they're very similar to a degree. Though obviously EXE / Shooting Star 'aint purely command based. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the genesis of EXE was suspiciously close to when every other franchise was doing their own take on how Pokemon operated. The seperate versions of games with minor differences thing, the battling, the collecting, not unlike that of Dragon Quest Monsters, Monster Rancher, Digimon, etc.

Not like EXE doesn't stand well on it's own.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 06:40:21 AM
It was a collect em all type, though nowhere near the same as Pokemon. However, that Collect em all nature is why it did so well in Japan. Pokemon is the [parasitic bomb] over there. :\

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 06:27:40 AM
EXE games are way better than Pokemon. Why? Because the battles are at least action based, not boring turn based crap.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 06:32:46 AM
EXE games are way better than Pokemon. Why? Because the battles are at least action based, not boring turn based crap.
Sad Command Mission is sad.

Aresian

Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 05:04:37 AM
Wellllll they're very similar to a degree. Though obviously EXE / Shooting Star 'aint purely command based. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the genesis of EXE was suspiciously close to when every other franchise was doing their own take on how Pokemon operated. The seperate versions of games with minor differences thing, the battling, the collecting, not unlike that of Dragon Quest Monsters, Monster Rancher, Digimon, etc.

Not like EXE doesn't stand well on it's own.

That's like saying Dragon Quest and Suikoden are similar because they use a party member based system.

That said, EXE and Pokemon are NOTHING alike aside from marketing scheme. Which means there is NOTHING to compare. Two different types of games for two different types of audiences.

lol opinions. >_>

Anyways, they're both great games in their own right. Also, more n00bs need to play Command Missions.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 05:10:41 AM

That said, EXE and Pokemon are NOTHING alike aside from marketing scheme. Which means there is NOTHING to compare. Two different types of games for two different types of audiences.

Well the only thing they have similar is that they are RPG type games where you collect things. Which is why EXE and SF did well in japan, and games like ZX failed. Japan just loves that [parasitic bomb].

Aresian

Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 05:12:29 AM
I'll never understand how anyone could approve of Star Force. It killed what was obviously the superior counterpart.

But I don't feel like starting that battle. If you like Megaman, try out EXE. That's my advice for this thread.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 05:18:27 AM
I'll never understand how anyone could approve of Star Force. It killed what was obviously the superior counterpart.

But I don't feel like starting that battle. If you like Megaman, try out EXE. That's my advice for this thread.

The only thing that pissed me off about SF is WIFI. THAT'S WHAT THE DS VERSION OF BN5 SHOULD'VE HAD FROM THE BEGINNING.

Well the only thing they have similar is that they are RPG type games where you collect things. Which is why EXE and SF did well in japan, and games like ZX failed. Japan just loves that [parasitic bomb].

Except Mario, he's treated like god there. Regardless of platform. I'd guess I'd fit in well with the other kids because of my collecting nature if I were to go to Japan, hence my title above the rank.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 05:48:37 AM

I liked SF 1 and 3, I didnt like 2 that much. Of course, BN was superior, but SF (especially 1,) had its own charm.