Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #50 on: September 12, 2010, 09:57:05 PM
So Dr. Light's on the boards now? 8D

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: September 12, 2010, 09:57:15 PM
Oh wait a tic. Are we back to the Cataclysm theory?  SWEEEET!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #52 on: September 12, 2010, 09:58:08 PM

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: September 12, 2010, 09:58:36 PM
Get equipped with Inafune.

Zero's origins sparked a somewhat popular/infamous hypothesis among fans (popularized by the sprite comic Bob and George as "The Cataclysm") that Zero would have been responsible for eliminating much of the cast from the original series, explaining their absence in the Mega Man X series. This speculation was finally put to rest in 2008 when Keiji Inafune outright stated in Capcom Unity that Zero did not kill them, and that is not how he created the character and his profile.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #54 on: September 12, 2010, 10:00:06 PM

Yeah, it's why I used Disgaea characters instead; they are more than happy to bust a cap on someone's nelly ass than Zero.
And like the Cataclyst theroy can finally leave our minds once and for all. 8D

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline UrielManX7

• Maverick Hunter Rank A
  • Robot Master
  • Justice will always win
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: September 12, 2010, 10:24:35 PM
Zero's origins sparked a somewhat popular/infamous hypothesis among fans (popularized by the sprite comic Bob and George as "The Cataclysm") that Zero would have been responsible for eliminating much of the cast from the original series, explaining their absence in the Mega Man X series. This speculation was finally put to rest in 2008 when Keiji Inafune outright stated in Capcom Unity that Zero did not kill them, and that is not how he created the character and his profile.

[/quote]
Another reason for  the details to be more difficult to make.
Then, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!!!!  T_T T_T

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: September 12, 2010, 10:26:10 PM
...Can I please beat the crap out of this n00b?  I have a giant brass pillow filled with steel with his name on it, or I go traditional with my old Z-Saber.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: September 12, 2010, 10:29:07 PM
...Can I please beat the crap out of this n00b?  I have a giant brass pillow filled with steel with his name on it, or I go traditional with my old Z-Saber.

LoL, wow. I don't think I've ever seen you this violent! XD

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: September 12, 2010, 10:30:11 PM
...You have my blessing Sakura

Offline UrielManX7

• Maverick Hunter Rank A
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: September 12, 2010, 10:36:21 PM
The Z-saber would be the right choice of course.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #60 on: September 12, 2010, 10:40:11 PM
He's asking for it!

[also, the only connection that needs to be made has been made. time passes, and things come to an end. that's what happened.]

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: September 12, 2010, 10:44:40 PM
Well usually I never get the chance and I hesitate a lot.  

But it's not just that, I'm an RPG player which means that the story of a game is very important to me too.  However I also enjoy games that have  a mediocire story/no story as well such as Final Fantasy I, III, and V, the Dragon Quest series, and Pokemon for christ's sake!  To me what matters is a good system of game play and balanced gimmicks that enhance it.  To you guys story is just the pepperoni on a pizza, to me it's all the toppings, to him story is the enitire pizza, toppings and all, itself.  

Story is a very very fragile thing and is not everything, a story needs a good foundation to survive.  People don't really care about story that often, and they shouldn't, what makes a game is the gameplay.  Story it just the frosting on the cake that helps you be more engaged with it should not be everything because if a game is just story to you you may as well just read a book, or the terrible fan fiction floating around.

The Z-saber would be the right choice of course.
You don't deserve the Saber, it is a holy tool that if used in the wrong hands will be pure disaster.  You who has not taken heed, shall feel the wrath of my stregth! *bash*

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #62 on: September 12, 2010, 10:51:16 PM
But it's not just that, I'm an RPG player which means that the story of a game is very important to me too.  However I also enjoy games that have  a mediocire story/no story as well such as Final Fantasy I, III, and V, the Dragon Quest series, and Pokemon for christ's sake!  To me what matters is a good system of game play and balanced gimmicks that enhance it.  To you guys story is just the pepperoni on a pizza, to me it's all the toppings, to him story is the enitire pizza, toppings and all, itself. 

Story is a very very fragile thing and is not everything, a story needs a good foundation to survive.  People don't really care about story that often, and they shouldn't, what makes a game is the gameplay.  Story it just the frosting on the cake that helps you be more engaged with it should not be everything because if a game is just story to you you may as well just read a book, or the terrible fan fiction floating around.
Sakura.. you just became like 10,000 times more awesome with that. Because I wholeheartedly agree with that.
You don't deserve the Saber, it is a holy tool that if used in the wrong hands will be pure disaster.  You who has not taken heed, shall feel the wrath of my stregth! *bash*
And this as well. ;)

Offline UrielManX7

• Maverick Hunter Rank A
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: September 12, 2010, 10:52:18 PM
Oh no here comes the lecture... this is getting out of control, ill stop elaborating on the matter, ja na! *pushes the button of his escape unit frenetically*
Tha fact im mad about the story doesnt mean i dont like the games, i have played every megaman that are there, the story just comes important when you came to the end of the game, i still like them.

[sarcasm]as i said before whining wont change anything, but now youre mad because you think i care too mcuh about the story, well, stop whining abaout my whining XD[/sarcasm]

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: September 12, 2010, 10:57:22 PM
I think the people that don't care about "story" should realize how much "story" and "setting" are intertwined. Without the setting that it has, Rockman would only be a mere shadow of itself. Rockman isn't just made by its gameplay; it is made by all of its premises.

Also, with the appreciation of a story, one should find for oneself a balance between "using one's imagination" and "sticking to the facts". We have to use both to form a proper vision of the areas of the world left deliberately out of sight.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #65 on: September 12, 2010, 11:00:43 PM
I think the people that don't care about "story" should realize how much "story" and "setting" are intertwined. Without the setting that it has, Rockman would only be a mere shadow of itself. Rockman isn't just made by its gameplay; it is made by all of its premises.

Also, with the appreciation of a story, one should find for oneself a balance between "using one's imagination" and "sticking to the facts". We have to use both to form a proper vision of the areas of the world left deliberately out of sight.

Zan speaks the truth once more. Can I senslessly beat this guy with a Colony Drop or two now please?

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #66 on: September 12, 2010, 11:07:17 PM

Naturally; but for me story and the attached setting take a backseat to gameplay and music. For a truly great game, all three (or four) need to be in balance, and be excellent. If story sucks, but gameplay and music are good, then I'm happy. But if gameplay and/or music are bad and story is good, then what's the point of making it a game?

Regardless of that, you are still correct on that, Zan.

Offline Slash Man

• Resistance Member
  • NES Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Mega Stuff
Reply #67 on: September 12, 2010, 11:55:45 PM
What I find interesting is that Inafune clearly knows how he intends the series to progress, but is holding out. Not that I don't want the classic series to end, but I don't want games that are "filler." I still have hope with the new Mega Man Universe, though.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: September 13, 2010, 01:21:36 AM
Heres your X series link in Classic. In PF, Wily shows Bass his Blueprints for Zero.

Also, all of Zero's X4 story.

And 10's roboenza. (as stated by that Z Collection site, The Sigma Virus is a sub-species of Roboenza wasnt it?)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: September 13, 2010, 01:24:52 AM
And 10's roboenza. (as stated by that Z Collection site, The Sigma Virus is a sub-species of Roboenza wasnt it?)

Really? It doesn't seem like it. I mean, Roboenza makes robot's sick and ill, not mad and destructive like my egoprentice Sakura!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: September 13, 2010, 01:28:20 AM
Hence why its a sub-species of the terrible computer virus from long ago.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: September 13, 2010, 02:22:05 AM
Oh no here comes the lecture...
What the heck do you think we've been doing, having tea and crumpets?

I totally agree with this 100%.  I still have my wild speculations from the X series on although most of it may be a bit mumbo jumbo and such.  I don't really have anything for the Classic series since to me it's perfect because it's only meant to be a foundation for the other series and to be fun and it's done a good job so far.  Plus I still have plot bunnies for my fan fiction but it's probably not going to get some inspiration anytime so, and of course I still don't know how to make a fight scene at all.

Really? It doesn't seem like it. I mean, Roboenza makes robot's sick and ill, not mad and destructive like my egoprentice Sakura!
...I don't think I became a Maverick did I?

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #72 on: September 13, 2010, 02:37:27 AM
...I don't think I became a Maverick did I?

Ya gave him the option to have a slow and painful death or a quick one now, did ya? XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: September 13, 2010, 02:49:02 AM
Ya gave him the option to have a slow and painful death or a quick one now, did ya? XD
True but he was asking or it.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: September 13, 2010, 02:49:35 AM
Surely it's a sign that she's becoming more powerful! The ego flows freely in this one..