Shiki's Ace Attorney stuff: Stories, translations and suchlike

Shiki Tohno · 11168

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Since my thread got lost in the last forum reboot, here I am making it again, for I cannot deny that it feels actually quite nice when people pat you on the back for the stuff you've done. Thus, as I pray, give me Unlimited Ace Attorney Works. :O

Hold It! An Ace Attorney Scanslations Archive: All my Ace Attorney doujinshi scanslations are archived here. I've been toying with the idea of creating download links of them as well. What do you guys think?

DZ's Ace Attorney Story Corner: I myself can't believe I actually own this place. DZ? Writing fan fiction? It's more likely than you think.

I'd post all the stories in the place, but seeing that they're quite lengthy, it'd make for one long-ass post. Therefore, I'll only post the latest one here (warning: angst and violence alert!).

[spoiler=Of pain, fear, love and tears]It had been a bad day. A VERY bad day.

The meeting with the people from the Bar Association regarding the latest trial run of the Jurist Legal System had gone all kinds of wrong; halfway home, it had started raining so hard his small umbrella had literally undone itself, screwing the papers he was carrying beyond any hope of salvation; at home, one of his keys had broken inside the doorknob, forcing him to get in through the back; the water heater was broken, which meant he had to take an extremely cold shower, and to top it all off, he had had an absolutely horrible argument with the only person he really trusted, his closest friend and confident, his only source of emotional support. Today, things had, in the most literal of senses, gone to [parasitic bomb]. Any normal person would have broken down. And while he was not a normal person by any account, even his patience had a limit.

That limit had long since been gone past for the day.

After he got out of the bathroom, shirtless and still dripping, he sat down in the living room. He tried to steady his breaths, slowly. Breathe in, breathe out. Useless.

He tried driking a glass of milk and taking a nap. Useless.

He tried sitting around, reading all his past cases — it regularly served as a measure to get him to calm down whenever he got too excited for any reason. Useless.

He tried laying on the couch, turned on the TV, and started zapping the channels, in a futile search for something worth watching. Utterly useless.

"DAMN IT!"

He could not concentrate on anything — anger was taking his toll on his psyche. And standing up, he did the only thing that felt logical (or illogical) in his riled-up state. He kicked the couch.

Curiously, the jolt of pain felt actually rather good. So he continued kicking the couch until he could barely feel his toes, at which point the pain was threatening to overcome him.

But he wouldn't stand for that. And thus, moving away from the couch, he started on the closest thing he could find able to withstand his blows: the nearby wall.

Punching it rabidly, his rage unconstrained, he felt slowly as the pain climbed up every bone of his arms and his knuckles with every hit. Pain, glorious pain, seemed to drive his thoughts of anger away. Pain, powerful pain, seemed to clear his mind of everything, good, bad, inane thoughts, all of it. Pain, masochistically delicious pain, seemed to be a way to vent every single atom of frustration contained inside his being. Pain, sadistic physical pain, seemed to be the cure for the very acute stinging sensation of pain in the deepest parts of his heart and soul.

His hands felt numb. He knew he was hurting himself, yet he didn't care. By now, each hit produced a slight, almost mute splatter, his knuckles broken and bleeding. The wall was painted in random strokes of shiny dark red marks, his blood dripping from his fists and wherever they connected to the wall. Somehow, he knew this wasn't going to pass unnoticed by anyone who knew him, but he didn't care about this either. All he cared about right now was the fact that the harder his punches made the wall rumble, the clearer his mind was. The pain was there, but he was master of it: it drove thoughts away and led him to act purely on impulse, on instinct, overwhelming instinct.

The stronger the pain, the harder he'd attack; it was an uneven fight, if it could even be called that, but it drove a strange comfort through his veins. By now, his fists weren't the only part of his body feeling pain; his eyes had started to sting, and much to his annoyance, he felt white-hot tears searing through and dripping down his cheeks. He assured himself that it was merely because of the pain he was feeling, as punch after punch, blood splatter after blood splatter, he continued to crush his knuckles against the wall in a fast, constant barrage. The tears were starting to feel obnoxious, but being completely unable to stop his fists, he resorted to the only measure he had to placate the stinging and the pain: screaming his lungs out.

And barely he had started letting whatever was left of his voice out, the front door of the little apartment swung open with a crash, showing Trucy standing there, white as a sheet, with an expression that clearly showed she was terrified of what was before her eyes. Her voice barely a whisper, she tried to address the man in front of her, unsure if he was the man she knew and loved as her father.

"...D-dad..?"

Even more anger filled his insides; not at her, but at himself, for letting himself be caught in this fashion by the last person he'd wanted to see this darker, irrational side of him. Before he could stop himself, he screamed "GET OUT OF HERE! NOW!" while throwing the little beanie hat at her with all the strength he could muster, missing her by mere inches on purpose, but still enforcing the point of his words. In his pain and his inhuman rage, all his senses were heightened; and this would prove even more painful and enraging, for he saw very clearly the sparks of light reflected by the tears left floating in midair by her daughter, and heard very clearly a sob that she was unsuccessful in trying to suppress. He'd made her daughter cry, and he could not forgive himself for that. And that only served to further fuel his fury, and with renewed strength he resumed his one-sided fight.

His knees failed him. He fell to the floor, kneeling, but unrelenting. His body ached, but he wasn't slowing down. His forces were threatening to run out at any minute, and yet each blow was as fierce as the first. Deep in his heart, he knew this was stupid, but at the same time, it provided with the peaceful feeling of not having to think.

On and on, this continued so... Until at last the last ounces of his strength had been consumed, and he merely slumped against the wall. The wall around his mind, blocking all thoughts, fell with a loud crash, and the first thought that crossed beyond the crushed remains was the acknowledgement of how pathetic he was, giving in to senseless anger like that. More and more remarks of his own ridiculousness stepped over the fallen bricks and mortar, mocking him, and yet he had no will, no desire to fight them, for they spoke nothing but the absolute truth.

And it was in this shape that she found him. She, his love, the one closest to his heart, had found him utterly in pieces in his anger and his fury.

His eyes glowed for a second, and his first impulse was to stand up and punch her too... But his body wouldn't respond anymore, and all the visible acknowledgment he gave of her presence was a pained, noncommittal grunt.

On the other side of the room, she could not believe her eyes, now wide as tennis balls. She carefully stepped towards him, avoiding the broken debris that his attack on the couch had left as war spoils — shards of a broken glass, the batteries of a remote that had long since gone flying, and other things. Like his daughter before her, she was entirely unable of digesting the scene that was currently being displayed for her, and cautiously approaching his fallen remains of a body, barely had the strength to mutter in an almost unaudible tone, "...Nick?", to which he once again grunted, the strength of his body drained, and that of his resistance as well: without restraints this time, he began to cry in earnest, and raising his eyes, he shot her a look of deepest anger, and deepest self-loathing. He'd take whatever she threw at him, he knew he deserved it.

And barely had these thoughts crossed his mind when his head turned aside against his will, and his cheek prickled and felt very hot, the shadow of her hand etched in his face. Her expression was that of anger, but not the pathetic anger of which he'd made such a splendid show merely minutes before, but righteous anger for being so stupid as to do what he had done. He raised his sight again, and saw beads of water starting to form below her eyes, as she screamed in the most hurtful tone he had yet heard from her mouth, delivering more and more slaps with each word.

"YOU COMPLETE IMBECILE PHOENIX WRIGHT!! HOW DARE YOU SCARE YOUR DAUGHTER LIKE THAT!! HOW DARE YOU SCARE ME LIKE THAT!!"

And none but a few seconds had passed after she had slapped him with all the force she could muster from her petite body frame, before she was kneeling down before him and hugging him with all the strength in her heart. He could only feel the wetness of her tears on his neck, and by an otherworldly effort, he achieved the superhuman feat of lifting his arms and embracing her. She shivered, feeling his cold, aching arms on her, and all that came to her mind was to throw him onto the floor and kiss him wildly, like a savage animal, and punch him wherever her hands could reach, in revenge for the terrifying feeling she had felt earlier. He took both in stride, without a word, not knowing what had earned him the kiss, but with full knowledge that whatever revenge she wanted to take on him, she was entirely in her right to do so.

She broke the kiss, and never stopping her barrage of blows, rested her head on his chest, her tightly closed eyes overflowing with tears that cascaded down her face. "How could you... How could you..."

He could barely hear the croaking noise that was his own voice.

"It was a bad day..."

Suddenly, her sobs stopped. She slowly raised her head, amazement dawning in her face.

"...What?"

"It's been a... Horrible day... And I... I said... Awful things to you... That I shouldn't have..."

Her face pulled an expression from god knows where that made him shiver in fear. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, indeed. Thus, the resounding echo of yet another inhuman slap on his untouched cheek boomed through the place.

"YOU GODDAMN IDIOT!!" Slap. "Is that" Slap. "a reason" Slap. "to hurt yourself" Slap. "like this?!" Slap. "Do you think" Whack. "I'd be so shallow" Whack. "as to WANT" Slap. "to see you hurt" Whack. "over a stupid argument" Slap. "like this?!" Slap. "ARE YOU [tornado fang]ing OUT OF YOUR MIND?!" And with her final words, a punch stronger that anything she'd managed before crushed his chest.

More than the burning pain of her hands constantly leaving marks in his face, more than the stinging ache of her fists colliding with his already weakened body, her words pierced him like steel on molten lava. And when her screaming tone abruptly changed into a whisper, a pained murmur, it made them even more painful for his heart.

"Nick... Seriously. Sometimes I even wonder myself how or why I fell in love with you. Nick, I know who, what, and how you are; I know you didn't mean the things you shouted at me. I know it was a spur of the moment; I've yelled my fair share of crap at you too. But that doesn't mean that just because you think your words were hurtful to me you have the right to hurt yourself like this. Or are you forgetting something key here?"

He gazed at her. With no idea what she was talking about, his quizzical expression asked the question for him. She wasn't crying anymore, but her voice remained broken as if she was.

"You're mine, Nick. Completely mine. And I'm yours, totally and entirely yours. Thus, you have no business hurting yourself without my permission, and as you very well know, I wouldn't have given it anyway. Because I love you whole, however twisted you are, however deranged, however mad, but whole."

And once again, she leaned down on him and kissed him, this time sweetly, slowly, delicately.

And as Phoenix's eyes, swollen and red, started sprouting tears of their own again, he thought that maybe, just maybe, the day still had a chance to change for the better.[/spoiler]

Oh, and I forgot to mention, due to the never-ending "shipping wars" in the fandom, I ended up writing a Magical Random Pairing Generator, located here, which is also one of the things that keeps the AA fandom moving nowadays. XD

EDIT: LOL, my brain feels like scrambled eggs right now, keep forgetting things.

One question, guys: I've been toying lately with the idea of offering my scanslations available for zipped download along with the online reading system. What do you guys think? Should I go ahead with that, or leave the online reader only?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 11:59:27 PM by Shiki Tohno »

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 07:56:17 AM
That was a rather emotional read there DZ, Phoenix all broken down like that, and yet, is still able to pick himself up again at the end with the help of Maya...
Very nicely written DZ (Speaking of which, I should really read the other stories too... -u-').

As for your question...
Hmm...
Tough choice, though, I guess having a .zip download ready is usually a good thing to have.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 06:00:25 PM
Update, after a long, long while. New story came up.

[spoiler=Because you're here, with me.]He was devastated. He couldn't believe it. Such a blunder...

Why, why oh why, why did he have to take that piece of paper from the little girl's hands?

But the deed was done already, and he had been called on it. He was given a summons for court two weeks from now, to investigate this incident regarding the fake evidence.

He felt dizzy. The world as he knew it spun in front of his eyes, and in his mind, everything he had held up for himself throughout all these years was crumbling down with deafening finality. And yet, when he attempted to walk away from the place where all this mess had occurred, he felt something stuck to his leg, preventing his movement. He looked down with an unfocused gaze.

There was the little girl, clinging to him with tears in her eyes, clinging to him with a desperate look, clinging to him for dear life.

His first desire was to roughly rip her away from him, and leave her after giving her his most practiced hateful look. But his heart couldn't muster the strength to pull this off, and he felt himself kneel beside the child, gently stroke her head, and ask her with his sweetest voice, "What's wrong?"

The girl was in shambles. Between sobs and jagged breaths, she managed to let out, "M-my d-daddy's gone...! A-and he d-didn't t-take me w-with h-him...!", before succumbing to uncontrolled cries.

Phoenix felt his heart twisting painfully. How could he ever, ever have thought of leaving this poor girl alone? He wouldn't be able to forgive himself for the rest of his life. Feeling the worst of the worst, he hugged her tightly, never stopping his careful caressing of her head, while she incontrollably sobbed harder and harder on his shoulder.

It was a while before she calmed down. When she did, her look of shattered desperation touched very deep inside his heart, and hoisting her up in his arms, he told her, "Well... If you want, you can spend a few days with me while we search for your daddy. How's that sound?" And to his surprise and immense relief, he found his words being met with a small smile, a nod of assentment, and her arms thrown around his neck in thanks.

He carried her the whole way back home. He had a shrewd idea how she must feel, and somehow, his instinct told him that holding her like this would give her a sense of security, of which she was most in need. Leaving her with some colored pencils and an old notebook in his small sitting room, he prowled the extra bedroom he used to keep for whenever Maya and Pearls were staying, and after fumbling here and there, he deemed it in good enough conditions for the girl to use. So, he was fully expecting the many tears and thank you's the girl gave him, but what he did not expect was her clinging to him surprisingly strongly, sobbing in his trousers at first, and his shoulders when he crouched beside her. She asked him how she should call him, now that she was going to live with him for a while, and in a rare stroke of inspiration, his mouth changed into a subtle grin and his mind flew towards a pair of big eyes, a pink kimono and a pretzel hairdo, and said in a low voice, "Mr. Nick will be okay". He could feel a small smile growing in the lips pressed against his shoulder, and a nod of acknowledgement. And that's how little Trucy came about to live with him.

While searching for the disappeared Zak Gramarye, the few days turned into a few weeks, and those few weeks turned into a few months. They shared many an experience -- giggles and smiles over toast in the mornings, luminescent blushes when he had to buy underwear for her, sleepless nights when she fell down sick, truly joyful laughs when he'd play out in the park with her, stumping evenings helping her with tough-as-nails homework from the school she now attended, painful hours when he comforted her in his arms after a particularly scary nightmare.

Nowadays, their relationship was much closer. Oftentimes, he'd get approving looks from older ladies on the streets, and even every now and then a random comment on what good care he was taking of his daughter, and he'd be forced to whip out a long-winded explanation on how she wasn't his daughter at all... But this had gotten tiring, so he didn't care anymore.

Other times, he'd find himself looking proudly and with a hint of another feeling at the little girl, a feeling the name of which he couldn't quite put his finger on. This puzzled him greatly for a good while, but he never really got to find out what that feeling was, except that it made him warm in his heart, so upon deciding the feeling was good enough as it was, he stopped paying it too much mind.

Some other times, he'd meet his extended family, composed of his beloved Maya, her little cousin Pearl and his closest friend and confident, Edgeworth, and after having a hard time initially explaining how this adorable little girl had come into his life, he'd have to make conscious efforts to suppress the urge to, in the middle of a conversation, randomly call her his "daughter".

And yet some other times, he'd surprise and catch himself calling her pet names, like honey and sweetheart, and get even more surprised in return when she answered with a "Daddy" remark, directed at no one else but him.

Time together taught him her habits, her likes, her dislikes. Time together would find him comforting her after a nightmare. Time together would thrust him into giving her paternal advice against the bullies in her class. Time together would throw him on his couch, his face in his hands, wondering and pondering when and where exactly had things started to go downhill, and she'd invariably show up with a new magic trick to show him, or an interesting new adventure she'd experienced at school, or just to cuddle up beside him in silence and eventually fall asleep with her head on his thighs. Time together would find them both, after a while, defending each other, in their own situations (her bullies, his detractors), as fiercely as kin. Time together would, ultimately, find them saying to each other, timidly at first, and then with more conviction, "I love you".

And that's why, when the first anniversary of the day when she was dropped into his care came around, as he prepared a small party with the people he treasured the most (Maya, Pearl, Edgeworth, Gumshoe, and Franziska), he apologized to her in front of everyone, mostly for himself than for her, for not being much help in finding her lost father. The sensation felt painful, very painful, against an already stressed heart, and while he said his words of apology and atonement, he felt the small, delicate hand and the silky, sapphire-colored hair of the girl he loved the most upon his shoulders, in an unspoken sign of support that he was thankful for all the same. And as he finished speaking, he felt his head naturally drop, unable to keep his gaze on the little girl in front of him, due to pain, shame and god knows what other feelings that were squeezing his heart right now.

But he could never have expected what happened next.

Because the girl took his saddened face in her small hands, and pulling him towards her, gave him a small kiss on his forehead, and in her sweet, bright voice, said to him, "You don't have to be sad, and you don't have to be sorry. Because we don't have to look for my daddy anymore."

"...Trucy?" He could not believe his ears. And swift as lightning, he finally understood the meaning of that feeling he could not recognize before...

A feeling of love, the love of a father, a love he didn't think he was capable of feeling.

And yet, it was there, certainly, undoubtedly, irrevocably there.

But before he could utter another word, he felt the thin finger of the slender, dark-haired girl now hugging him from behind on his lips, prohibiting him from talking. Instead, it was her who asked the little girl in front of them, "And why is it that you don't have to look for your daddy anymore, Trucy?"

And all of them saw as the girl climbed up on his legs, threw his arms around him as far as she could reach, and snuggling herself against his chest, said in her brightest voice...

"Because I've already found him."

The whooping, squeals and giggles of joy echoed through the small room, and the man with the spiked hair felt, for the first time in a long, long time, that maybe things weren't so bad after all, as his tears found their way to his cheeks and his arms found their way around the little girl sitting on his lap...

His little girl...

His daughter.

* ~ FIN ~ *
[/spoiler]

I just hope this serves as enough of an exercise to shake off the writer's block I've been having for a good while now...

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 06:15:31 PM
Wow...
That was a really touching story...
I cried at the end...

Another amazing story DZ.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Shiki uses a Phoenix Down!

Thread is revived with 50% more badass! :D

So I got this pic as a gift from my best friend from jap class. She knows how much I like Phoenix, so she made this inspired by the Prince's pose in this promotional picture from Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (which, aside from the promo pics and the über-hotness that is Kaileena, was a rather forgettable game riddled with glitches and lockups).

[spoiler=Saving space][/spoiler]

And since I liked the goddamn pic so much, I decided to color it digitally, and have been toying with a new line art cleanup technique I thought of today, with rather surprisingly good results. It's gonna take some fine-tuning in some places, but nothing too extremely hard. :D Quickie, remind me to tell you of this one and get your opinion on it. :P

[spoiler=Saving space again][/spoiler]

(Make sure to right click > View Image for the full version to appreciate the details! XD)

I DID make a point of digitally fixing some small details though, such as the squiggly ends of Nick's eyebrows. :P

Like, dislike, booze?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Should've had The Thinker in his hand instead of a gavel or the other thing :P

But it is quite nice actually :)

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Objection ! I object myself for not being not being creative like Shiki.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
That's really interesting actually.  You've got my attention.  Do tell of this new digital inking process.  :D

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
BOOZE!
Booze is always good. XD

Seriously, that is one very impressive Phoenix.
Kudos to your friend, and your digital version is coming along awesome.
Can't wait to see this finished. :3

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
That's really interesting actually.  You've got my attention.  Do tell of this new digital inking process.  :D
Basically, I'm just tracing over the lines with the Pen tool with the regular Paths setting, and once I trace over an amount of lines, I stroke them on a new layer with a light, thin brush to see how it's coming along. Has the little disadvantage that I have to clear the layer once I check how everything's going, because stroking again over it makes the lines darker (and I want to keep everything consistent), but so far has proven itself to be quite a nice way to ink. :D

If you want, once I'm done I can give you a copy of the PSD, so you can see how I did it. :)

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 10:52:25 AM

I have to say, that's one of the best looking fanart's of Phoenix I've ever seen.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Some minor corrections in lines here and there, and I decided on the coloring palette for the next phase:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quickie, get your artistic ass down here pronto -- I need advice on shading this bad boy. XD I can't shade for [parasitic bomb]. :P

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 05:48:04 PM
Shiki uses a Phoenix Down!

Thread is revived with 50% more badass! :D

So I got this pic as a gift from my best friend from jap class. She knows how much I like Phoenix, so she made this inspired by the Prince's pose in this promotional picture from Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (which, aside from the promo pics and the über-hotness that is Kaileena, was a rather forgettable game riddled with glitches and lockups).

And since I liked the goddamn pic so much, I decided to color it digitally, and have been toying with a new line art cleanup technique I thought of today, with rather surprisingly good results. It's gonna take some fine-tuning in some places, but nothing too extremely hard. :D Quickie, remind me to tell you of this one and get your opinion on it. :P

(Make sure to right click > View Image for the full version to appreciate the details! XD)

I DID make a point of digitally fixing some small details though, such as the squiggly ends of Nick's eyebrows. :P

Like, dislike, booze?
Oooh, Pheonix looks good there. o3o

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Help! I can't shade for [parasitic bomb]! (Original-sized ultra-huge vector PSD provided in link, if anyone's interested in helping. Quickie, I'm looking at you.) (EDIT: Link deleted!)

[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 03:08:50 PM by Shiki Tohno »

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Alrighty, for shading, pick a lightsource.  Let's put the lightsource in the upper right corner of the image.  In your sig image, in the "Manga" panel, the lightsource is in the upper right corner. 

Pretty much after you decide on your lightsource, shade the image accordingly.  This may take some futzing with.  Referencing from figures will help with shadow placement.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Problem is, I don't really have any figures to help meself with. :P

Care to draw me a rough sketch of where I should place the darker colors for the shading? >_<

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
I need to clear some space for my tablet in order to hook it up.  The table where I have my computer is a mess and most of the mess is not my stuff.  >.<

In the meantime, though, I'm digging up some shading references...

Basic Pencil Shading, includes some detailing on figure shading.
Great shading reference here.

Now to clean off this table...

Posted on: May 04, 2009, 07:33:08 AM
Alrighty, done.  I drew in some general outlines on the placement of the shading using a lightsource in the upper right corner.  The face and hands I shaded fully to better exemplify that.

This should help.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Massive thanks to Quickie for her shading guide. :D

[spoiler=HUGE (400Kb+) IMAGE AHEAD!!!][/spoiler]
If anybody wants the transparent PNG vector version, click here. :)

Nick hasn't been this badass in a long, long time. XD

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Woa.
Fiery courtroom background for the freaking win.
Seriously badass Phoenix indeed. owo

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
He's living up his name! just like burning Phoenix!  :V

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Wow, burning Phoenix. Burning passion. 0v0

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Very nice, DZ!  XD

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
[spoiler=HUGE (400Kb+) IMAGE AHEAD!!!][/spoiler]

lol fire. Still awesome though.

Burning passion. 0v0

He isn't Apollo! D:

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
lol fire. Still awesome though.

He isn't Apollo! D:
Good point. ._. But both of their names related to fire.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Very nice, the colouring is crisp, the shading is good.  Methinks you'll get the hang of shading in no time. 

Or should I get crackin' on a tutorial? XD