• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 12:06:28 AM
I would submit one of my Robot Masters, but mine dont have Elements.  -u-'

Offline LizSama

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 12:56:53 AM
Okay, when I battled the boss of the prologue stage, I found that the artwork on the vid screen Dr. Ramano hacked into doesn't fit with the graphics of Mega Man VII.

ahhh, I remember I had a different design for that part on the inital release,  somehow, despite the name Beth Ramano being stated, people though she was a he.  Looking for close up sprites of females in the megaman 7 syle eluded me, so I had no examples.  Instead, I purposfully made her look cute, to get my point across. 

What about the portrait image for Saraph Woman?  Do you feel that's more along the lines?

Offline Stealth

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 01:46:43 AM
Lava doesnt seem to work the way it should. the way it is now, they work like bottomless pits.
Um.. well, considering I added a special instant-kill-trigger tile specifically to allow that effect when the screen locks at a position where you can't actually fall straight through because of the section below or without scrolling the screen, and the fact that you always fall straight through the only lava that I can remember in the entire original series (Fire Man, Heat Man [hit a lower floor, but still go through the lava], Shadow Man, and the intro stage for Rockman and Forte), I think "working as intended" would be an appropriate response. I'm not counting the stuff that stops you dead in Junk Man's level because that's slag, rather than lava

I actually had it stop you originally, but I didn't like the effect as much for various reasons, including the fact that it's just inconsistent anyway. It's more like you're falling INTO the lava and you die inside

Also, is there supposed to be any way to cross that gap in the intro stage/small place to slide through WITHOUT Bass or Megaman? (as in, Protoman cant slide through the gap at the bottom, or double jump)
No, there's not. His route is a little less obvious, but it's still visibly marked, and in the same general area. If you still can't find it, try checking the promo video

I would submit one of my Robot Masters, but mine dont have Elements.  -u-'
They don't necessarily need two "elements", just two "gimmicks". Fire/Shadow and Ice/Light are elements (Shadow/Light if that's how you interpret them, anyway), but as "elements" you could probably group Rock/Plant together as "Nature" (again, depending on how you're looking at it), and I don't think Magnetic/Illusion applies at all. That one should have been a nice clue :P

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 01:53:30 AM
I downloaded E02.

How do I play Triple Threat?

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: August 31, 2010, 02:27:18 AM
A MM7 fangame, too bad we don't see much of these projects, Will surely play this one.
[spoiler]Too many ideas for Robot masters, can't decide.[/spoiler]

Offline DarkSaturn

• Net Navi
  • Run Little puppy!!! Run!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: August 31, 2010, 02:41:29 AM
I downloaded E02.

you can't for now, because there is an error on a script. wait for new notices.
if you have problems downloading in the psp or wii, you have to download it in the pc. there will appear 2 archives: mmtt and in the gdf file a gdf with the same name (the gdf thing was soo obvious). put them in the file of the psp. download it if you want, and see if it works for you. to me, nothing.

oh and lizsama sorry for last respond but i was thinking that the error was my internet server. but, after all...

A MM7 fangame, too bad we don't see much of these projects, Will surely play this one.
[spoiler]Too many ideas for Robot masters, can't decide.[/spoiler]

yeaah!
[spoiler]Bad that my robot master idea can't be in the game, first, i only have 1 element, metal, and his stage is water, but as weapon not. second, it only have 2 attacks (f*ck you i can't decide a third already! can create a water one and problem solved) and third, im sucks painting in photoshop. only edit images and create sprites, but an image... oh men  -u-' but his attack is more original than the tipical bullets... [/spoiler]

BANANA INVASION IS COMING!!! OMG RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!! ToT                                                                                                                                       

Offline Stealth

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: August 31, 2010, 03:04:36 AM
I downloaded E02.

you can't for now, because there is an error on a script. wait for new notices.
if you have problems downloading in the psp or wii, you have to download it in the pc. there will appear 2 archives: mmtt and in the gdf file a gdf with the same name (the gdf thing was soo obvious). put them in the file of the psp. download it if you want, and see if it works for you. to me, nothing.
That long post I made under Liz's name explained the problem in complete detail. It was easy to fix, and it does work now, which is what I said. You can get it from the downloads list without any problem

If you have a working wireless network, the downloads will work directly from PSP and Wii, too, as long as there isn't any other hardware or connection problem. If there is, then yeah, you can still use one of the PC or Mac versions to download the game, and copy the .gdf file and game folder to the proper places on the SD Card/USB Drive/Memory Stick

oh and lizsama sorry for last respond but i was thinking that the error was my internet server. but, after all...
I said I wrote that :P
Because you were the only one to report the issue (for some reason), the only logical conclusion I could draw as that it was your connection. I only found out that that wasn't true later when I finally got around to using it again

Bad that my robot master idea can't be in the game, first, i only have 1 element, metal, and his stage is water, but as weapon not. second, it only have 2 attacks (f*ck you i can't decide a third already! can create a water one and problem solved) and third, im sucks painting in photoshop. only edit images and create sprites, but an image... oh men  -u-' but his attack is more original that the tipical bullets...
You can submit sprites, too. Any sort of visual reference is ok, but either way, it might still be modified to some extent. If you can figure out how to make the water/metal thing work, and can create a sprite for it, go ahead and give it a shot

Offline DarkSaturn

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: August 31, 2010, 03:09:35 AM
Oh sorry im an ignorant  :-[
Playing on my psp yahooo!

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: August 31, 2010, 03:09:53 AM
You need to download E20 to play these games.

*Doo doo doo*

You need to download E20 to play Megaman Triple Threat then click on the games to download

WHERE ARE THE DOWNLOADS   O:<

Also, Im thinking about submiting one, but the only element I can think of is Plant, I dont have a sprite sheet, and His weapon sucks.
He was going to be in my fangame....

Banana Man!

He was created by the mysterious "Dr. Z" Wily to try to kill Mega Man
"Haha! Dont Slip!"
Good point: Friendly
Bad point: Annoying
Like: Ice cream and chocolate  :|
Dislike: Violence
Element: Plant and uh...
Weapon: Banana Slider (Step on the banana peel and WHEEEEE! Banana peel can also trip up enemys)
Weakness: Cutter Weapon

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: August 31, 2010, 03:26:13 AM
Um.. well, considering I added a special instant-kill-trigger tile specifically to allow that effect when the screen locks at a position where you can't actually fall straight through because of the section below or without scrolling the screen, and the fact that you always fall straight through the only lava that I can remember in the entire original series (Fire Man, Heat Man [hit a lower floor, but still go through the lava], Shadow Man, and the intro stage for Rockman and Forte), I think "working as intended" would be an appropriate response. I'm not counting the stuff that stops you dead in Junk Man's level because that's slag, rather than lava

I actually had it stop you originally, but I didn't like the effect as much for various reasons, including the fact that it's just inconsistent anyway. It's more like you're falling INTO the lava and you die inside
Im not talking about any junk man thing. the damage barrier from when i get hit by an enemy should protect me from lava for at least a second or two. the ONLY game in the entire franchise with no damage barrier for instant kill elements was the very first game, where you died by spikes, even if you were flashing. Also, in most games, lava is usually instant kill, but not bottomless. and Damage barrier lets you recover from it. otherwise its a bit too cheap. I get hit by en enemy and die because I fell into a lava pit. Plus, if your going for a Megaman 7 fangame, you might want to make the lava work like it did in 7.

Other than that small gripe- it stil looks to be a fascinating project.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline LizSama

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: August 31, 2010, 04:15:52 AM
WHERE ARE THE DOWNLOADS   O:<

Don't forget to press down to highlight MegaMan: Triple Threat, and ENTER twice to download it.   owob

Offline Stealth

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: August 31, 2010, 05:06:15 AM
Im not talking about any junk man thing. the damage barrier from when i get hit by an enemy should protect me from lava for at least a second or two. the ONLY game in the entire franchise with no damage barrier for instant kill elements was the very first game, where you died by spikes, even if you were flashing. Also, in most games, lava is usually instant kill, but not bottomless. and Damage barrier lets you recover from it. otherwise its a bit too cheap. I get hit by en enemy and die because I fell into a lava pit. Plus, if your going for a Megaman 7 fangame, you might want to make the lava work like it did in 7.
I really don't know what you're talking about. I've already listed every stage I can recall that actually has standing lava in it (and I did a quick check to confirm), you fall right through all of them. The only one you can recover from at all is in Heat Man's level, and overall its function is a bit odd anyway. Also, if you're falling toward a pool of standing lava, I kind of think you're going to sink through, unless maybe you're Jesus, and if it's deep enough, it's not going to matter if you have a temporary "damage barrier", you're not getting out alive

As for "mak(ing) the lava work like it did in 7", unless I'm mistaken, there WAS no lava in 7. There were shallow pools of slag in Junk Man's level, and there were flamethrowers in Turbo Man's level (with the things in the quickman-like area possibly being lava spouts, but they are in fact instant death, and there is no way to become invulnerable during that section without cheating), but I really can't remember any large pools of actual lava. Aside from that fact, it's not so much about the fact that there's a lava graphic there rather than it's about the fact that it's a pool of instant death with lava as a supporting graphic. That's the intended mechanic in those areas, and I don't really think you can argue that with the creators. I don't see any complaints about standard, graphicless bottomless pits, or things like the bottomless waterfall pits in Slash Man's level :P

Other than that small gripe- it stil looks to be a fascinating project.
Thanks  :)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: August 31, 2010, 03:46:11 PM
Im pretty sure that WAS lava in Junkman's stage. If it was instant kill, it was lava.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline DarkSaturn

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: September 01, 2010, 12:55:46 AM
AAAANDD if you fall down trought the lava with damage, YOU can stand there!!! Is soo precious the NO INSTANT KILL THING!!! I LOVE IT!!!  O^O Is that the reason of the man in the painting is screaming!!! OH JESUS LAVA!!!
(yeah, when im playing with protoman, thoses stupid  !@&/#s flames enemies damage me and... piu piu piu!)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: September 01, 2010, 04:36:50 AM
I didnt understand a thing you just said...

Offline Stealth

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: September 01, 2010, 09:35:28 AM
Im pretty sure that WAS lava in Junkman's stage.

Well, um, aside from:

[...]I'm not counting the stuff that stops you dead in Junk Man's level because that's slag, rather than lava[...]
[...]There were shallow pools of slag in Junk Man's level[...]

And interestingly enough:

Im not talking about any junk man thing[...]

Every time I look for lava, I find obvious mid-to-dark red in conjunction with the bright orange, and often some black. When I look for Slag, I only find bright orange to white. That makes sense when you consider that Junk Man's level appears to be junk metal management plant; I can't imagine why he'd have LAVA there. Also, it takes at least twice the heat to liquify rock as it does some metals, and the surrounding area itself appears to be made of some sort of metal, which doesn't seem to be affected by the heat at all. That could be an argument against making the slag instant-kill in the first place, but one could see how it could be less deadly for Megaman in any capacity. SNES-style comparison:

You can't see the floor under the slag, but I get the impression it's not that deep anyway, especially considering that the red bit immediately below the floor you stand on appears to be one of the pipes it's flowing through. Also, it has to react to Freeze Cracker bullets, so it may only be solid for the sake of saving cycles while testing for collision with the initial, large bullet, which is already testing for collision with solid tiles. Performing one solidity test during movement, and testing for the special slag tile IDs only once (at the point of collision) would save a little processing time. Also, as far as its reaction to Megaman goes, using the already-existing instant kill property for spike tiles would save any time it would take to make a special variation for the slag, and would also prevent Megaman himself from having to perform two tests instead of one for every frame that he's in contact with a solid surface, again, saving a little processing time. The slag was actually used so little that that aspect of its functionality probably just plain didn't matter so much. Also:

As little sense as it makes to have an actual bottomless pit in an inside area like that, the level did also have graphicless instant-kill pits. What we chose to do was fill all of our "bottomless pit" traps with lava graphics, because the level does take place in and on a volcano, after all. It's not even about "well I want some pretty lava in here so I'm just going to put in the graphics regardless of how it actually works and then see what I'm supposed to do", this is the mechanic that we wanted when the level was actually being set up. The effect is that the pools are so deep that there is no way out. Megaman is just going to get stuck in there and sit until he absorbs so much heat that even if doesn't actually melt completely he's still just going to blow out and die that way. That's not to mention the fact that in every original series game (pre-MM9, anyway) that has a large pool of actual lava, you cannot stand on it, and nothing will protect you from death

And.....wait, what?
If it was instant kill, it was lava.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Oh, sorry... I apparently have absolutely no idea what lava is. I didn't realize it was so prevalent  :X

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: September 01, 2010, 10:12:36 PM
So I downloaded Megaman TT.

And i load it and it takes a while to load and sometimes it freezes

Offline Stealth

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: September 01, 2010, 11:20:16 PM
So I downloaded Megaman TT.

And i load it and it takes a while to load and sometimes it freezes

Read:
[...]It's a bit more difficult to troubleshoot without an abundance of information[...]

Also, there is plenty of data. It's going to take a while to load depending on what you're loading it from, especially if it's flash media like a Memory Stick or SD Card, or even a USB drive. I haven't encountered any actual freezing, unless you're talking about infrequently on the Wii, and if you are, I've had enough startup freezes with other homebrew to convince me that it's probably an issue with HBC or devkitpro that's out of my hands

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: September 01, 2010, 11:52:23 PM
Im "playing" it from my Computer (Windows)

Offline Stealth

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: September 02, 2010, 01:44:15 AM
Im "playing" it from my Computer (Windows)
Then you've got a problem. I've just tried it again on two separate computers, one with Win2000, and one with WinXP, and on both of them, the initial load is practically instantaneous, with there then being a delay of only about one second before the title screen flash appears. This is true locally, and across a network. I have yet to experience any freezing at any point with the release builds (with the exception of the common Wii quirk, which happens on program start), and no others have been reported so far

Maybe if you told me more about how you're using it (what device you're running it from and what you're doing when you're inside the program), what your exact system specs are (including Windows and DirectX versions), what other software you have open, how long it takes for Triple Threat to load, what happens to the screen while it's loading, when it "freezes", what's on the screen while it's "frozen", how the system reacts while the program is "frozen", how long you leave it "frozen" before you give up, how frequently this "freeze" happens and whether or not you're ever able to play the game at all, and how the game performs when/if you've actually gotten it to start, I might be able to figure something out. But, I feel like having to personally go into detail about what I need to know (which is -everything-) every time someone has a problem is a gigantic waste of time, so, maybe this time you can do us both a favor and give me a clear picture of what exactly is happening. Otherwise, I'm going to have to wait for another report if this is somehow my fault (which I'm currently having doubts about, considering the range of systems this has already been run on without issue), and you're going to have to do without

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #45 on: September 02, 2010, 05:08:51 PM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: September 02, 2010, 11:33:47 PM
[spoiler]By the way, ¿have you posted this on other forums?, and I mean spriting or gameart forums.[/spoiler]
I wasted all of my 1-ups trying to get the E-tank with Bass and Zaiakuman's pattern just motivated me more on my RM ideas.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 03:02:17 AM by BarylTDF »

Offline LizSama

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: September 05, 2010, 05:09:06 AM
By the way, ¿have you posted this on other forums?, and I mean spriting or gameart forums.
I wasted all of my 1-ups trying to get the E-tank with Bass and Zaiakuman's pattern just motivated me more on my RM ideas.

Those E-tanks are placed in such mean areas.  I blame Stealth for that, he really wants you to earn your E-tank.

I remember when we started making Zaiaku Man's pattern.  I had this rough design set up for it and Stealth tweaked it and added his own ideas.  The first time I played Zaiaku Man in all his full glory, i got my butt trounced. XD  He used to be alot harder, but we toned it down.  Once you figure him out, you can beat him in your sleep.  Me and Stealth can do no hit runs with every character (I personally think Mega's the hardest since he just can't dash/jump clear of problems so easily.) so it's certainly possible. :3

I posted this on Mega Man Network, and Matrix. really don't know where else to post it.  My biggest worry is being a first time poster, only to plug our game and never return. :P

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: October 15, 2010, 03:46:22 AM
Alright alright, Point taken... Still, when one first plays the game as a kid, I doubt Slag is the first thing that comes to mind. >3>

Offline VulcanoMan

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: March 31, 2011, 03:15:52 PM
Nice work, Liz.  owob
Thankfully, I'm not the only one with an idea for a MM7-styled game.
Name of my games:
MegaMan 12
MegaMan 13
MegaMan 14
MegaMan 15

Still need a MM7-Engine for Game Maker and good spriter...