VC's Artwork and Fanart Thread

VirusChris · 229156

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: January 24, 2009, 07:32:17 PM
Better watch what you say Dr. Wily II... DarkBlade hates all humans and won't hesitate to kill a human who insults him. [eyebrow]

Anyway here's some more drawings by me for the LaTale Fashion Item contest. And here's a treat! I colored them in with my new colored pencils!

Phantom Scarf

By wearing this red scarf with glowing tail tips it increases your Speed Movement by 10% and Physical Evasion by 15%.

Chris Corona - Outfit Set

Full Body of Chris Corona, however I forgot the sheathes on his left side of his waist and the back of his waist, and his jacket sleeves don't have the dark ring, forgot to put it.

Though he came out alright, but the scanner made the colors lighter which is can't hard to see. Next time I'll do better shading and color.

Another problem with him is that the point to his elbow is too long, should've shorten it.

The next drawing of Corona will have his swords and a much cooler pose, colored and shaded.

Tell me what you think, OK?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: January 25, 2009, 06:50:13 AM
Better watch what you say Dr. Wily II... DarkBlade hates all humans and won't hesitate to kill a human who insults him. [eyebrow]
Then, HIS WORLD NEEDS TO BE RESET! [eyebrow]

Ahem, interesting scarf there.
And as for Chris...
His arms look rather long...

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: January 25, 2009, 01:18:36 PM
His arms look rather long...

That's his new battle mode: Gorilla Style

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #103 on: January 27, 2009, 08:51:45 PM
His arms are a bit long, 'specially his right arm.  Here's a lil trick to getting arm lengths right.  Stand up and put your arms to your sides.  Note that your elbow is roughly at your waist and the tips of your fingers are about mid-thigh.  When drawing arms, keep that in mind.  Also, your shoe size is the same length as your forearm.  That should also help in keeping arms a consistant length. 

Unless you like to draw very large feet. 

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: January 27, 2009, 09:52:02 PM
I'll keep that in mind.

And the feet... seemed okay with Sora from Kingdom Hearts. But then again that's how I draw my feet, usually the sneaker is bigger than the feet.

Drawing #48:

More doodles, hand, feet, finger, face, and eyes. Trying different ways to draw and I was using a red pen so no erasing allowed.

I think they came out alright. What's your thoughts?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Shadowii2

• Someone
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • Shadowii2 Productions
Reply #105 on: January 27, 2009, 10:24:08 PM
That's some interesting work you have there VirusChris. I gotta like your anime-ish style and especially the eyes. I always manage to mess them up whenever I'm drawing with anime-type of style or similiar.

And those skecthes are pretty basic looking, but pretty nice. The fingers on the hand in the down left corner look little out of place when it comes to anatomy (mainly only index finger(?) though). But I'm not the right one to complain about that so much.

Also you seem to draw a shoeless foot a lot better than what I can do.
So have some little respect for that.  ;)

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: January 28, 2009, 06:12:45 PM
Why thank you! I'm glad you like them! And so more drawings done by me!

Drawings #49:

More random doodles with Corona as a guest character! :P

Just some more practice on varies body parts and the hands and feet of course. I'm gradually getting better and better the more I draw.

I like to hear your opinions about my doodles.

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: January 28, 2009, 06:39:11 PM
Wow, that looks a nice doodle! I guess you still practicing the foot are you?

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: January 31, 2009, 04:10:02 PM
Drawings #50:

Here's some more drawings by me again.

The main drawing is the Chris Yuushi and Ami Rozu one where Ami is kissing Chris on the cheek which Chris is surprised a bit. I think it's quite cute! Chris will always be a challenge to draw because of his unique hairstyle and his semi-feminine appearance.

And many different eye expressions I'm working on to give my characters more facial expressions as well.

Tell me what you think!

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: January 31, 2009, 07:45:18 PM
Hehe... nice. That looks so cute.  :) :cookie:
Also, his hair is quite too big. Well, at least it's a doodle!

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: February 01, 2009, 09:30:42 PM

Anyway here's some more drawings by me for the LaTale Fashion Item contest. And here's a treat! I colored them in with my new colored pencils!

Phantom Scarf

By wearing this red scarf with glowing tail tips it increases your Speed Movement by 10% and Physical Evasion by 15%.
That Phantom Scarf makes me think of Laharl. Any inspiration there?

Either way, I'd buy one.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: February 06, 2009, 02:29:56 AM
Not really... but then again Laharl is a kickass character with a cool scarf. I just like the demonic scarfs as they're cool and LaTale lacks real scarfs.

No artwork today but soon this week along with another Artwork Slideshow. This is just a fanfic I made today for a manga series called "Princess Resurrection".

Princess Resurrection: A Boy and a Weregirl
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4838685/1/Princess_Resurrection_A_Boy_and_a_Weregirl

It's my first Romance/Friendship story so go easy on me. Besides the total amount of fans supporting this pairing is scarce so I'm one of the first few lucky ones to do it. Please tell me what you think if you find the time to read it.

If you haven't read it you have read it here:
http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/series/3601/kaibutsu_oujo/

or here

http://www.onemanga.com/Princess_Resurrection/

Posted on: February 04, 2009, 05:33:00 AM
More drawings.

Drawings #51:

Just a batch of more random doodles. Trying to work on Chris' hairstyle and various different eye type combinations.

Also I drew my character Rex (from the Virakin Advent project) in psychoswordlady's new re-design for him. Just his head though. And Luna too but her eyes and face only, and a bit of her hair.

What do you think?

Posted on: February 05, 2009, 09:56:54 PM
Another... non-Chibi sprite?

VC Sprite Doodle:

I just opened up Microsoft Paint and started spriting away. He would be pretty interesting if I have some animations for him. I just can't seem to get the same level of depth and coloring for my sprites like... umm... the Card Sags Wars sprites for example. I need some advise to better detail my sprites.

And I added the Color Pallete for once to right-click the colors I used easily without going for pixel by pixel to grab one.

Just a doodle but what do you think?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #112 on: February 06, 2009, 04:07:31 AM
C+C Man, go!

For starters, you are mimicking Sonic's Idle from Sonic Battle, no? Make his arms a little longer, and his jacket should be a bit longer to get that feel. For shading, it's okay, because it's a pretty basic style, overall, it's an okay sprite.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: February 09, 2009, 02:15:51 AM
Still need more practice.

Anyway a LaTale fanart, sort of.

LaTale RPG Project Poster:

My LaTale fanart drawing of Iris Livier, the main heroine of the popular MMORPG "LaTale", and my original main character "Christopher Corona" who's a dual-wielder.

This is just to get a feel on how the characters look, and Iris is tough because of her hair, for an fanmade RPG project of LaTale which takes place after Iris's victory over the Demon King.

Just like the opening to the online version, Corona has a recurring dream of Iris defeating the Demon King and the Demon King using some strange skill on Iris which causes her pain and unleashes all her memories and scatter around the world, just as the player enters Iris' world.

Chris Corona was born with an "unusually" power of darkness and people fear him because of it and possibly why his parents died on the same day he was born. After 19 years trying to get everyone to acknowledge him his village gets attacked by strange white creatures.

After fighting against the white creature and a larger one a white/silver cloaked man appears and engulfs Corona in twilight and Corona awakens in Iris's world in a forest to be greeted by none-other than Iris herself!

I plan to have the gameplay similar to "Tales of" series.

What do you think?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: February 09, 2009, 02:21:24 AM
Just like the opening to the online version, Corona has a recurring dream of Iris defeating the Demon King and the Demon King using some strange skill on Iris which causes her pain and unleashes all her memories and scatter around the dream as the player enters Iris' memory.

Amnesia? Really? Really really? That's a very uninspired, and done-to-death drive for characters to act.

And don't give me the "it's not technically amnesia" argument.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: February 09, 2009, 02:25:58 AM
No... Iris doesn't lose her memories it's more like it sort of copied her memories and fling themselves around the world and turned into the Iris Stones (which are the save points in the online game).

That how it is in the official MMORPG made by Korean.

EDIT: Made a mistake in the description. Fixed it by the way.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: February 09, 2009, 02:30:23 AM
That how it is in the official MMORPG made by Korean.

That's awful.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: February 09, 2009, 02:31:18 AM
Ain't it? :D

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: February 09, 2009, 02:36:02 AM
And don't give me the "it's not technically amnesia" argument.
way to read kiddo

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: February 14, 2009, 02:31:30 AM
Some sprites for my RPG project "The Legendary Hero: A Journey Reborn". Here are some quick, new, Save Crystals in the game to save your progess in the game. There are three types.

Black Crystal:

A Crystal that has lost its power to function. You see many of them in Chris and George's adventure. In order to restore their power you need to find the Crystal Shards to change it into a "Yellow Crystal". Black Crystals cannot save or restore HP & EP.

Yellow Crystal:

A Crystal that has its power restored! It only has the ability to save your game and cannot restore HP & EP. You need to change the Black Crystals into Yellow Crystals via Crystal Shards.

Red Crystal:

A Crystal restored at full power! It can save your game and restore all HP & EP! You need to change the Yellow Crystals with Perfect Crystal Shards. You cannot find Perfect Crystal Shards, you have to make them at DC's Craftsman Shop from materials dropped by VMs.

What do you think? I don't have Photoshop so I can't get that glowing effect on the crytsals but I think I did just fine.

Posted on: February 13, 2009, 09:15:13 PM
Some more.

TLH Objects 1:

Some objects in the game that serves as signs for shops, Heaven City and Nitrotech City, DC's Craft Shop sign, Notice Paper, Journal, Picture, Statue that states the legend of each of the Legendary Heroes, a rock that blocks a path, and the VirusMonster symbol that are seals to area that need to be unlocked.

That's basically it for now.

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: February 14, 2009, 03:20:17 AM
Even though the Black Crystal is supposed to be out of power, looking at it doesn't make me think it's out of power until I actually try to use it.

While that's a good way to introduce a game mechanic, when I think "Out of Magical Crystal" I think completely dull, and so diluted that it looks like a lump coal.

I'm not sure how you'll be able to convey that while still keeping with the whole "3D" effect you got going there, but that's my opinion.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: February 14, 2009, 07:19:29 PM
RPG Maker XP gives off that 3D-like effect. So it will work out.

Yoshi - VC Style:

Another fanart by me and this time it's my ultimate favorite character of all... Yoshi!

I design him in Kingdom Hearts-like style of clothing. He's also less bubbly like his original self making him a little more humanoid in his stance.

He fights with a golden sword too and with his agile and swift movement and hack down enemies fast and his unique power can wipe out armies in a heartbeat!

I colored him in to, with proper shading with the color pencils, and he came out really nice! Though there's some pencil smogs around since I did draw him in my sketch book.

No one can be my man Yoshi!

What do you think?

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: February 14, 2009, 07:27:41 PM
He does look awesome. Nice shading and colouring. Cool...

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: February 15, 2009, 05:51:17 AM
Chris X Ami - Valentine's Day 09:

Here's my Valentine's Day special drawing! Featuring my original characters Christozo Yuushi and Ami Rozu from my original manga project "VirusChris".

Nothing much but them hugging and kissing each other, and I think it came out great! Though drawing them in a Side-View way is kinda tricky but I did my best!

Please tell me what you think!

And here's my Valentine's Day video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXq58CTNLak

Basically it's just my recent drawings and a few Valentine ones in it, but I hope you like it and the song I picked fits perfectly for Valentine's Day! I think since it's in Japanese. :P

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: February 15, 2009, 06:48:49 AM
Hmm, the proportions of Yoshi doesn't go well with me, he looks, not so a dinosaur anymore...
As for the V-Day pic, that looks rather cute.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.