US/Japanese manga publishers form Multi-National Manga anti-piracy coalition

Flame · 14708

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile

I sometimes wonder whatever happen to America, the land of the free...
This makes me cry. :'(
Lol what.
Whats that got to do with anything.
All because its land of the free doesnt mean you get to steal things. reading manga online IS pirating, after all.
And while we might not give a [parasitic bomb], publishers and mangakas who want money do.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Lol what.
Whats that got to do with anything.
All because its land of the free doesnt mean you get to steal things. reading manga online IS pirating, after all.
And while we might not give a [parasitic bomb], publishers and mangakas who want money do.
Exactly. Just because a bunch of idealists think all intellectual property should be free and information should be accessed by everyone freely, that doesn't mean people want their work going all over the net to others who haven't paid for it. So, yeah. Realistically, there isn't any kind of market for most manga in the US. Let's just be happy the popular ones get here at all, and rely on pirating to read the rest. We're doing something wrong, but it is because we want it. Simple as that.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Basically, the distinction is bullshit. =P I don't care if it's printed in a prettier format. It's a [chameleon sting]ing comic.

All it's describing is the format, not the quality or type of reading material x3  And I was jus curious what he meant by "hard-cover"

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
All it's describing is the format, not the quality or type of reading material x3  And I was jus curious what he meant by "hard-cover"
But why call it that? It's a hardcover comic. It's a paperback comic. It's a trade comic. There, three separate distinctions for the three separate kinds of comics.

Why "graphic novel"? Sounds like pretentious drivel.

Offline CephiYumi

• RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Because thats always how they are labeled? o.o

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I knew this day would come.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
I sometimes wonder whatever happen to America, the land of the free...
This makes me cry. :'(

Oh god, not the "Land of the free, I get to do the bloody hell I want!" excuse again. such a low. -_-

But alas, but what about a certain man's digital manga "Nekomimi" manga series? That could work, people called upon his help before.

Basically:

Buy and download Scanalation. Something that COULD work, if the author has a scanner and has permission by law.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
haha, it's not like it's the end of the world anyways. Besides, I doubt that they'll be able to nail all manga hosting sites, and even if they went after scantilators too, more would pop up or reform.

que no?

Revolutionary

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Because thats always how they are labeled? o.o
Labeled, yeah. But it's kinda... "It's not a toy, it's a COLLECTABLE FIGURINE!" or "It's not a racing video game, it's a SIMULATOR!"

It's a title to get people to take it more seriously. A stupid title. It's like when they called every single FPS of the early 00's "A Halo-killer". It's a way to sell it, but it's still a damn stupid name.

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I don't mind them doing this. Hell, it's their series, they should do this. But the amount of Pirated manga is ... a lot.  Not to mention the sites that hold it. They'll never be able to fully get rid of pirated material, but they can minimize it.

My only problem is that it's going to take forever to catch up to the Naruto I was reading. The amount of time it takes to release the manga is ridiculously long. Plus, I don't want to pay $7-$10 for a book I can read in 30 mins. That's really part of the reason why I stopped collecting the manga and read online. Sometimes I just read the manga in B&N or Borders or whatever.

I really think they should offer manga online instead of in bookstores for a monthly fee. It's so much easier to create a digital copy of something than to make the physical copy, obviously. Because then you have to ship it to the store, and they sometimes don't even have the title you want. It depends on the store you live nearby too. Some stores don't even have a decent selection of it because they have such limited space. I wouldn't mind paying for it either, because then I know the author's getting paid right. The amount of work they put into it and not getting fully paid for it sickens me.

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
They don't even have to create digital copies, they already have all of them. It's not like printing billions of pages is a manual job.
I think it's just a matter of time, like with e-books.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
This is pretty upsetting.

Offline CephiYumi

• RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Labeled, yeah. But it's kinda... "It's not a toy, it's a COLLECTABLE FIGURINE!" or "It's not a racing video game, it's a SIMULATOR!"

It's a title to get people to take it more seriously. A stupid title. It's like when they called every single FPS of the early 00's "A Halo-killer". It's a way to sell it, but it's still a damn stupid name.

I use the term to reference comics/manga that are in little book form that have multiple chapters, thats it.  I'm not saying it because I think they are "higher quality" ^^;  This isn't something that needs debating  XD

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
This isn't something that needs debating  XD

Like with almost every subject matter here? I can SO see this getting a debate. It's RPM, afterall. What's RPM without debates anyway? 8D

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Yeah...we could do that OR we could continue with the ranting!

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
My only problem is that it's going to take forever to catch up to the Naruto I was reading. The amount of time it takes to release the manga is ridiculously long. Plus, I don't want to pay $7-$10 for a book I can read in 30 mins. That's really part of the reason why I stopped collecting the manga and read online. Sometimes I just read the manga in B&N or Borders or whatever.
I don't know what makes me sick more, the fact that you don't want to buy your manga because "LOL 30 minutes" or because you are afraid of not catching up with Narutu.

*leaves*

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Maybe they will wize up and offer E-books at somepoint, that would be better. We read the mangas that we want, and they will get they money, and we get into no legal action.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I'll tell you what will happen:

Nothing.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Nothing.
Exactly. Another site with a different name will form, upload lotsa lotsa mangoes, and we'll be able to read our kauay dezoh né again.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile

Nothing.

Exactly.

Anyways, can't they just create the manga equivalent of Crunchyroll (just don't [tornado fang]ing region lock it)? If that's still online then it must mean that it's profitable somehow, so why not try the same thing with manga?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
And in any case, if all else fails, Pirate Bay.
Or Demonoid.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Torrents aren't as good as simple megaupload links shared between a large community.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I suppose.