Tell Us About Your Username

Acid · 18781

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
on: December 08, 2008, 07:02:23 PM
Where does it come from? I'm curious.

Mine is from a fanfiction I used to work on. It's deleted and ditched now.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 07:04:58 PM
Quickman.  Favourite Robot Master.  'Nuff said.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 07:08:15 PM
Dr. Wily.
Favourite character from the Classic series.
Added the II behind to differentiate from the original.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 07:15:58 PM
My username changed into this one over a process. >>; I used to use YourNobody for a long time, but then it was pointed out to me that some people were "offended" by my username. When I asked why, he told me that stupid people thought I was using "your" like "you're". I told him that if I meant you're, I would have spelled it right. Of course, this is the internet and people tend to be dumb--meaning, they don't know the difference. The reality is that I was calling myself a nobody.

In the end, I gave in and started just using Nobody instead; however, this was a tad on the unoriginal side. It became a problem to join forums with this name. It was almost always taken, so I adopted the username The Nobody or TheNobody, depending if I could use spaces. Eventually, people began calling me Nobo for short and this became my next username. I started calling myself Noboka because it was a bit cuter and more feminine. There... Hope you're happy. <<;

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 07:26:37 PM
First is Cephiro which is what I started naming my pso characters (I apparently got it from Magic Knight Rayearth but at the time of naming I wasn't thinking that o.o)  People usually jus call me Cephi for short and really only use that now, it's cuter anyway ^^

Yumi because it's pretty and it's k-kinda like yummy ^^;;

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 07:27:58 PM
om nom nom~ >U<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Rockmon

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 07:28:13 PM
well I've had several usernames but the one I settled on is takato or takatomon. I used rockmon after the forums came back because I got bored and it stuck.

Save the tatas..................................................................................................please?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 07:53:15 PM
Satoryu was something i just whipped up back in middle school. i wanted something sounding Japanese, and i came up with this. i don't think it actually means anything.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 08:06:46 PM
Eh? Ah, well, I don't mind retelling the story.

HyperSonic - Really, what else would this apply to? It's Sonic's (canon) most powerful form, wherein he can travel at the speed of light (though only in bursts; can't sustain it). While it's not complete control of time, I think invincibility and lightspeed travel mostly make up for the difference.

.EXE - I have to say, while the series lasted, I enjoyed Megaman Battle Network. 1, 2, and 3 made very nice navigational and gameplay analogies out of common Internet terms, and only wish they had continued to do so in 4, 5, and 6. Even so, the Card Battling got me out of my usual Platformers and RPGs-only shell, a nice refreshing change of pace (and picked me up after Yu-Gi-Oh! and the Pokemon TCG failed to be fun).

*BONUS*
Tails - Along with Sonic, I've always been a pretty decent fan of Tails. Sadly he gets trounced on for not being manly. Regardless, though, he can fly, invents stuff outta nowhere, and manages to keep the Sonic series simple and fun when every other character would only complicate it and make it "rival" or "darkness" oriented. Also, the ladies like him as well, so it was a fun persona to have there, for a while. It's like I could (almost) get away with anything. Not that I'd do anything evil. :3

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 08:51:04 PM
I almost used my normal gamertag, Szin Dragon, for this site, but since it was a MM forum, I decided on showcasing my love for the greatest character in all of MegaMan history by simply combining his US and Japanese name into the sexiest, most hardcore, bad-ass, superfly Username on RPM!

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 08:59:25 PM
Also, the ladies like him as well, so it was a fun persona to have there, for a while. It's like I could (almost) get away with anything. Not that I'd do anything evil. :3

Lies! You used the name just to turn me on... >U<

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 09:02:12 PM
My friend drew a hippie named Sky Child of the Deep Blue Wonder. I was hard pressed to come up with something quick on a Sonic forum so I just used it. When I got exiled from said forum, I brought the name with me.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 09:03:14 PM
Mine comes from a bit of an embarrassing time in my life when I was writing a (fairly good apparently) follow up to Zero4's ending which I thought was kinda unsatisfying. After a few name changes, losing a few extra numbers and letters, and spending time among the RPM community, I eventually started re-inventing the character behind the persona creating different scenarios and eventually using him as both my namesake and the main character in my would be project, "Wrapped In Black".

For the most part though, I just liek it cuz it's cool and it's grown on me. 8D

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 09:14:57 PM
Enigma was originally a Sonic fancharacter I came up with many, many yonks ago, back when I was an impressionable little sprog. The name faded into obscurity, as at the time, I normally used either "Sonic Hero" or "Sonikku Hedgiku" (I know they're not at all original, I was young and I loved the Sonic series, sue me). Anyhow, a few years back I joined this RP board and it was pretty much customary to use your main character's name as your username, so I decided to revive Enigma, this time as a ninja/samurai of sorts that wielded dark magic. He was still an anthro hedgehog, as it was a Sonic RP. I began to use him more (fortunately, he went from honourable and serious to light-hearted and likeable pretty quickly), and the name stuck as my moniker. There are now several different "forms" of Enigma, depending on which franchise or series he's appearing in: a hedgehog one for Sonic RPs, a Reploid samurai for MM RPs, and me, the loveable ice-nin as my "original" avatar.

Groove/The Groovey One comes from an old series of inter-related Mario RPs, where I played Groove Guy from Paper Mario. This name also kind of stuck, and for non-Sonic stuff and in the interim between my Sonic forums and Enigma being used, I became known as "Paper Groove Guy". Since I still like the name and I couldn't integrate it nicely into my avatar, I made Groove into a seperate entity that is, in essence, an extension of Enigma. Thus, I'm also known as EnigmaGroove in some cases, which combines both my usernames together.

And that, children, is the tale of Enigma and The Groovey One.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 09:17:15 PM
Robo-Ky is my favourite Guilty Gear character (I'm talking about the eccentric one, not the mass-produced garbage), and I added the Mk. III to be original.

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 09:17:58 PM
It's a name of my character, who was created 3 or 4 years ago. I thought "Ok, guys in rockman are named after musical terms, I need a theme too. Let it be... food!" The keyword in this case is "hot/spicy", as hot food is my favorite.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 09:23:11 PM
So your name is pronounced... "Curry"?

That's awesome.

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 09:31:41 PM
Well, it's a Japanese translation (yay, weaboo!). It sounds kinda similar, though 8D

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 08, 2008, 09:32:47 PM
I thought you named yourself after the Karai from TMNT.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 09:33:32 PM
I thought you named yourself after the Karai from TMNT.

That was the first thing that popped into my mind as well.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 09:33:46 PM
カレー (kare-) = Curry

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: December 08, 2008, 09:36:30 PM
I'll just keep saying "KARAH-EE"

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: December 08, 2008, 09:37:26 PM
I used to call him that too. ^^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #23 on: December 08, 2008, 09:45:54 PM
At that time I didn't about that other Karai. Now I feel a little bad about that. You know, couldn't_come_up_with_anything_original.

Curryboy XD

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: December 08, 2008, 09:47:09 PM
Keep Karai. It's a good name.