Kit · 215362

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2950 on: July 22, 2013, 02:54:11 PM
"The news," Quickie nodded to her room, "it's pinning blame on Mewtwo for something that happened on Route 11, now!"

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2951 on: July 22, 2013, 03:00:01 PM
Dr. Wily II cocked an eyebrow at what he just heard. He went back into his room, and turned on the TV. Indeed, there was a breaking news report from Route 11 about some rampaging Pokemon, and from whatever was captured on film, was a figure that suspiciously looked like Mewtwo, although the colouration was a bit off.

"Ayeyeye... We only just cleared the air about what happened in Fuschia... And now this? Does Mewtwo know anything about this?"

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2952 on: July 22, 2013, 03:43:52 PM
"He knows about as much as I know," Quickie shrugged, "he claims that he woke up about a couple hours ago, and when I got up, he was busy with something on his computer.  Still is, last I checked."

Not long after Quickie finished, they heard a crash from her room.  Quickie rushed over and threw the door wide. "What happened?"

The television was a smoking husk on the floor, and Mewtwo was just lowering his outstretched arm in irritation.

"Mewtwo!" Quickie was aghast. "I have to pay for that!  You may have gotten a free pass for yesterday, but Nurse Joy won't overlook everything!"

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2953 on: July 22, 2013, 03:57:53 PM
Dr. Wily II rushed over, after hearing the crash as well. Seeing the damage in the room, Dr. Wily II facepalmed, and calmed Quickie. "Now's really not the time for that..." He entered the room, and walked over to Mewtwo.

"I guess the news was a bit hard to swallow for you too... Though, I don't think it was just that. What's irking you?"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2954 on: July 22, 2013, 04:13:30 PM
"That... impostor had found and harmed my clones!" Mewtwo snapped. "I had sent them put into the world, alone, so they could live as they choose!  I had made sure that each were in a new location, we were to never see one another again!  And that... thing had found them, rallied them together for some absurd scheme under the guise of me, and not only are they brainwashed, but they are acting in a manner that I had resolved to never do again!" He stared at the mess he made. "I must go to them...  I must protect them..."

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #2955 on: July 22, 2013, 04:18:38 PM
"In other news," the anchor on the television news said, "Residents of Cerulean City are in disarray after what many consider a continuous series of small tremors. Ravers were dancing in the streets all night and seismologists are baffled by the even. Chief Diggum of the Cerulean City Police Department blamed it on the Pokemon rampaging on Route 11 before passing out from exhaustion and copious alcohol consumption."

Pyro had in fact continued his heavy metal concert through the night, which drove Jessie and her Pokemon to brink of insanity. He strummed his last chord and posed on his knees as it finally came to an end.

"Thank you St. Louis!"

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2956 on: July 22, 2013, 04:21:59 PM
"That... impostor had found and harmed my clones!" Mewtwo snapped. "I had sent them put into the world, alone, so they could live as they choose!  I had made sure that each were in a new location, we were to never see one another again!  And that... thing had found them, rallied them together for some absurd scheme under the guise of me, and not only are they brainwashed, but they are acting in a manner that I had resolved to never do again!" He stared at the mess he made. "I must go to them...  I must protect them..."
Dr. Wily II paused for a bit to let it all sink in, before finally approaching Mewtwo, and placed his hand on Mewtwo's shoulder. "And you will. We all will. However, you must promise me one thing. To keep your emotions in check. The coming encounter will not only test you physically, but mentally and most importantly, emotionally. We all do not want you to lose sight of your reformed self, and turn back into..." Dr. Wily II paused again, before continuing, grabbing onto both of Mewtwo's shoulders.

"Can you promise me?"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2957 on: July 22, 2013, 04:24:44 PM
Mewtwo took a long moment to respond.  He finally inhaled, then nodded.  "I promise.  I will work to keep my power in check."

Hearing the news report from the other room was certainly not helping matters.  With much deliberation, Mewtwo focused his powers and simply turned off the television, resisting the urge to crunch it into a wad.

Offline Pyro

• Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #2958 on: July 22, 2013, 04:26:41 PM
(Well, I doubt anyone would take Chief Diggum seriously. :P)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2959 on: July 22, 2013, 04:38:03 PM
Mewtwo took a long moment to respond.  He finally inhaled, then nodded.  "I promise.  I will work to keep my power in check."

Hearing the news report from the other room was certainly not helping matters.  With much deliberation, Mewtwo focused his powers and simply turned off the television, resisting the urge to crunch it into a wad.
Dr. Wily II sighed in relief, and turned to face Quickie. "I think given the circumstances that we leave for Route 11 as soon as possible. If we stayed any longer, who knows what Mewtwo might-" Dr. Wily II turned back to face Mewtwo. "Pardon me for the bluntness, but you know what I mean." Turning back to Quickie...

"We should wake Taylor up too, she's in too deep."

(Well, I doubt anyone would take Chief Diggum seriously. :P)
(Does he dig gum? 8D)

Offline Pyro

• Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #2960 on: July 22, 2013, 04:40:06 PM
(Does he dig gum? 8D)

(No, but he has an affinity for wigs.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2961 on: July 22, 2013, 04:40:52 PM
(WIGGUM *shakes*)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2962 on: July 22, 2013, 04:43:46 PM
Taylor was up and ready to go, heading over to Quickie's room after seeing the news report. She raised her hand up to knock on the door when it suddenly swung open, causing her to fall face-first into the room from the (admittedly overdone) momentum she was about to use to knock with.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2963 on: July 22, 2013, 04:50:20 PM
Dr. Wily II sighed in relief, and turned to face Quickie. "I think given the circumstances that we leave for Route 11 as soon as possible. If we stayed any longer, who knows what Mewtwo might-" Dr. Wily II turned back to face Mewtwo. "Pardon me for the bluntness, but you know what I mean." Turning back to Quickie...

"We should wake Taylor up too, she's in too deep."

Quickie nodded. "I agree.  I'll go wake Taylor up, then go speak with Nurse Joy and see if it's all right if we leave today.  I'm just hesitant because Officer Jenny may require my statement again, or something."  With that, she left the room.

Mewtwo took another deep breath to calm himself.  Then, he crouched beside the ruined television and concentrated, working to essentially rebuild it, piece by piece.  The completed device would at the very least appear undamaged, though he could not guarentee that it would actually work, which could be blamed on mechanical error.  At the very least, Quickie would not have to pay for any damages.  

The ruined husk dissolved into a pliable puddle of materials as Mewtwo gestured around it, reshaping it into what he remembered the television to look like.  Once he was finished, the appliance was almost indistinguishable from the rest of the supplied televisions in the Center, only this one had some cosmetic differences on the back--an angle that Mewtwo was unable to see prior--that resembled the ridges and techno-organic look of his computer.  Another major difference was that the device was incapable of operating properly, as Mewtwo only knew how to build his own equipment.  The television was functional, but only as a conduit for Mewtwo's own powers.  To the average user, it was non-functional, amd should someone decide to open it up for repairs, the interior would be a confusing mess of diodes with no apparent function.

Taylor was up and ready to go, heading over to Quickie's room after seeing the news report. She raised her hand up to knock on the door when it suddenly swung open, causing her to fall face-first into the room from the (admittedly overdone) momentum she was about to use to knock with.

Quickie stepped back and helped Taylor to her feet. "I take it you saw the news.  I need to go speak to Nurse Joy for a moment, so Wily and Mewtwo can fill you in."  She nodded and headed down the hall.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2964 on: July 22, 2013, 05:00:11 PM
Dr. Wily II turned to see Taylor was dusting herself. Watching Quickie leave, Dr. Wily II closed the door to prevent any onlookers from spying in to see Mewtwo working his psychic prowess. "Well, looks like things have taken another nosedive... I can't say much more, except that we need to leave Fuschia City today, and head for Route 11."

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2965 on: July 22, 2013, 05:28:47 PM
Taylor stretched a bit after finishing dusting herself off. "Gotcha. Don't know why they're blamin' Mewtwo for that stuff though..."

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2966 on: July 22, 2013, 05:39:41 PM
"That impostor has my clones," Mewtwo growled.  He moved away from the rebuilt facsimile of a television, which he left on the floor, and returned to his computer, activating it and resuming his work.  He ejected the disc that he was viewing and accessed the device's internal archives.  In a moment, the screen was filled with portraits of various Pokemon, some with minor cosmetic differences, such as dark stripes on their bodies.  Leaving one hand on the interface, Mewtwo turned to Taylor and pointed to the screen. "Do you recognize any of these Pokemon?  Have you seen any of them?  I had sent each one to a part pf the world in order for them to experience life as they should, have you encountered any in your travels?"

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2967 on: July 22, 2013, 05:45:02 PM
"Hmm..." Taylor said, studying the images. None of them really jumped out at her, none really igniting some long-forgotten memory. "Can't say that they do..." Bobert, on the other hand, had other ideas. He hopped over to the screen and started pointing at one of the images, hopping up and down excitedly. "But it looks like Bobert's seen one... I think..."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2968 on: July 22, 2013, 06:05:50 PM
Mewtwo studied the image in question, being that of a striped Venusaur.  The Venusaur was sent out on a random trajectory, infused with enough residual powers to maintain flight for a great distance, and as such, Mewtwo did not know exactly where it landed.  He looked to Bobert. "Where did you see it?"

The implications of all of his fellow clones being discovered, wherever they were located, did not sit right with Mewtwo.  How were they found?  He had wiped Team Rocket's memories prior to sending the clones out on their journeys, so they wouldn't have been seen.  Mewtwo let out a low growl.  That impostor must have accessed his own memories somehow.  Violated his own private thoughts without him knowing it.  The very notion of it made him feel dirty, and angry.  But, he made a promise.  He could not allow his emotions get the better of him.  He took another deep breath and calmed himself.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2969 on: July 22, 2013, 07:22:46 PM
Bobert turned his head inquisitively for a few seconds, and then burped up some bubbles. "Froooooaaakkk...." he said, somewhat sadly.

"I think Bobert just liked the picture..." Taylor said, causing the blue frog to hop up and down indignantly. "Or not."

"LIT LIT!" Kovu chimed in.

"Ah, I see..." she replied. "Kovu here seems to know how Bobert knows that particular clone. And apparently, it wasn't any long-term deal; more of a 'I saw it in passing a few times'" deal. Near his home swamp... or what was left of it, at least."

(I'm basically playing off the idea that Kovu and Taylor have been together so long that Taylor pretty much knows whatever Kovu is thinking... Which is also set up to create some potentially interesting scenes between her and N down the line)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2970 on: July 22, 2013, 07:45:58 PM
Mewtwo nodded slowly and returned his gaze to the monitor. "We were all rather... wary of other Pokemon... and humans... so it is understandable why it may have kept its distance." He closed the images and removed his hand from the interface.  The computer's screen immediately went dark, and the clamshell design shut, sealing itself into its ridged tablet form.  Though, Mewtwo did not move away from the desk.  Instead, he sat there, dwelling on the implications that his clones have been discovered and gathered together.

In a populated area.

Around humans.

The news report, prior to the television's destruction, even outright stated that the Pokemon looked different, and no one knew exactly why.  Already, there was human curiosity toward the clones.  Their lives were in danger, as should they be captured, Mewtwo feared the worst.  Due to his own experiences, he feared that whoever captured any of them would find out that they were clones, and then subject them to experiments.  And his fellow clones shared the same sentiment.  This overwhelming fear of humanity was all they knew, another reason why Mewtwo sent them out to different parts of the world; he wanted them to see the world with their own eyes, their own thoughts, and experience it for themselves.

And now, some imposter has poisoned their brains and rallied them together for some unknown cause.

Mewtwo seethed inside, and he grit his teeth. 

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #2971 on: July 22, 2013, 10:35:51 PM
It wasn't long before news reports released a sketch of the Mewtwo running rampant between Route 11 and Vermilion City.

It indeed looked like Mewtwo, but some claimed that it had what appeared to be two tarot-shaped cards on its body; one on the forehead with the picture of a beady-eyed boy looking scared and helpless, and another on its back, though it looks to be the back of the card.  Any other information was considered unimportant as very few have seen or encountered Mewtwo enough to disassociate him from the green-tailed version that was plowing through their city in the direction of the next route.

But then something strange happened as the Shiny Mewtwo and his clones rampaged onward.  Four of the clones were trying to help the people and Pokemon trapped under the rubble and fire that were caused by the impostor's lackadaisical march through the city.  Blastoisetwo was putting out the fire around them while Hitmonlee2 and Charizard2 were lifting girders and other debris caused by the destruction, and Vulpix and Hitmonlee were pulling people and Pokemon out of the lifted rubble.

Among the destruction and rescuing of the citizens and their Pokemon was Hierophant and Meowth2, the human trying to bandage up the victims with whatever he pulled out of his duffel bag while Meowth2 tries to catch up with Excalibur, Danny, and Pika2, who were trying to get in front of the rampage only to be startled back by more fallen debris and the seemingly possessed Venusaur2 slapping at them with its barrage of Vine Whips.

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2972 on: July 23, 2013, 08:53:44 AM
"Well, while Quickie makes arrangements, we should too. Gather all your belongings, and we will meet up again here, in  Quickie's room. We would then need to plot a way out." Dr. Wily II said, turning towards his room.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2973 on: July 23, 2013, 09:07:29 AM
Quickie returned from speaking with Nurse Joy, carrying a small bag. "Nurse Joy wants to give you a quick wellness exam before we go, so I'll take you to the exam room in a few."  She nodded to Mewtwo as she began to gather her belongings, noting the television on the floor.  "You fixed it?"

"Somewhat," Mewtwo said simply as he handed Quickie his computer, along with the stack of CDs. "What is in the bag?"

"Pokenav," Quickie nodded as she tucked the computer and CDs into her backpack, and put the bag on top.  With a grunt, she heaved the television back onto the dresser, noting that it lacked a cord. "...You forgot the cord."

"It will not work through conventional means," Mewtwo folded his arms, "I merely rebuilt the look of it, so that you will not have to pay any damages.  The rest can be explained away as mechanical error, and the unit will be replaced without knowledge of its destruction."

Quickie smiled. "Thanks, though.  I was not looking forward to having to pay for it."  She zipped up her backpack and sat it by the door.  "Come on, let's get that exam out of the way, and then we can leave." She stepped out into the hallway and waited for Mewtwo to follow.

After conquering his reluctance, Mewtwo followed, still brooding over the fact that his fellow clones were brainwashed.  He balled his hands into fists as he followed Quickie down the hall, hearing the news report from another room.  Though, there was something that he heard that made him stop.  His clones were apparently attempting to repair the damage caused by the impostor.  They were tending to civilians and each other, helping to put out fires and remove rubble. They were not completely brainwashed, but Mewtwo still did not like the fact that they were gathered in one public area.  Growling, he continued following Quickie down the hall, turning a corner, and ducking into an exam room.  If he was seen, so be it.  He has more important matters to concern himself over than simply being spotted.

His clones were in danger.  The sooner he could leave, the better.

And the sooner he would destroy the impostor.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2974 on: July 23, 2013, 09:13:52 AM
(Oh boy... Mewtwo SMASH)