Concerning music used in the old commercials

KyoKusanagi · 2441

Offline KyoKusanagi

• I was an engineering major in college until I learned engineering had nothing to do with trains.
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
on: July 18, 2010, 10:20:26 AM
For long time I've wondered whether some of the music used in the Japanese commercials was actually released in audio format. Namely for Rockman 3, since after all it had the best music of the series

Hearing this makes me think that Capcom could have delivered on a completely arranged soundtrack soundtrack for the Complete Works re-releases instead of reusing music from Rockman 2 The Power Fighters.

Could Capcom still have unreleased music under their belts?

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 10:47:46 AM
I've always wondered that myself. Supposedly, the remixed music that would have gone to Mega Man X2 for the Mega Man X Collection was completed but instead is going to Maverick Hunter X2, which unfortunately hasn't been made yet. It would be awesome for Capcom to release the music from those trailers. I love the Snake Man remix in the MM3 commercial.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 05:58:50 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3HY0FusuVQ&feature=related[/youtube]

This sounds like a live guitar version of the intro stage track to me.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 02:41:08 AM
The snakeman music used in MM3 is beastly. I really don't know where else you would find the music used for that commercial.

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 01:16:13 AM
For long time I've wondered whether some of the music used in the Japanese commercials was actually released in audio format. Namely for Rockman 3, since after all it had the best music of the series

Hearing this makes me think that Capcom could have delivered on a completely arranged soundtrack soundtrack for the Complete Works re-releases instead of reusing music from Rockman 2 The Power Fighters.

Could Capcom still have unreleased music under their belts?

Actually they do archive this stuff. As to whether it was release on an actual disc I doubt. I too would like those remixes. Especially the one used in the Complete Works promo seen here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcv10gKQF9A[/youtube]

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 08:42:14 AM
I doubt it but I'll ask anyway (I did tons of searching). Anyone know where to get high quality videos for the commercials of the first 7 Rockman games? With the popularity of the series I'm surprised they are not more widely available. The best one I came across was for part 6. All the other ones don't look as good.

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 08:01:07 PM
6 and 5 could be considered High-Quality, but the rest are kinda ugh. There is a possibility that you could remake the commercials and bump it up to HQ, but I'm not sure how you would do it.