Wasted Potential

Chainsaw Guitar · 16348

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 24, 2010, 11:17:25 PM
They try to make a 'deep' dramatic story out of... kids playing with internet avatars.
Except that the internet and these avatars essentially make up the core of their lifestyles, as in, nothing works in their world without the internet, so it's not just "playing".

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 24, 2010, 11:19:55 PM

This has got to be my favorite character design in the entire Mega Man franchise. Such a shame that it's just a glorified radiation suit for Sean. When I first saw this picture, I thought it was going to be a kick ass boss for MMBN2. I'm not the only one who felt this way, am I?
I wish for that G to be a T! *shot*

Except that the internet and these avatars essentially make up the core of their lifestyles, as in, nothing works in their world without the internet, so it's not just "playing".
If this actually happened in real life, then we will get fat and our limbs will shrink. Oh wait... but you get my point.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: July 25, 2010, 03:33:38 AM

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: July 25, 2010, 04:11:13 AM
nothing works in their world without the internet, so it's not just "playing".
Nothing works in Yugioh without Duel monsters either... Childrens card games on motorcycles are srs business. A guy who murdered his friend is going to duel you instead of yknow, just killing you.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

• Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: July 25, 2010, 04:43:31 AM
Nothing works in Yugioh without Duel monsters either... Childrens card games on motorcycles are srs business. A guy who murdered his friend is going to duel you instead of yknow, just killing you.
It was clearly explained that everything operates by the internet, and that Navis are tools to help navigate said net. It's not [tornado fang]ing comparable to Yu-Gi-Oh, because unlike Battle Network, there's no given reason for all the grimdark serious card battle bullshit.

Navis being able to battle are probably a fringe benefit or something.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: July 25, 2010, 04:59:39 AM

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: July 25, 2010, 05:01:51 AM
Sean who? remember he wasn't in the anime at all

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #32 on: July 25, 2010, 05:41:56 AM
Exactly, Tai. As I said, same design, but he was just a robot built by Wily.

And to build off of what Spectro said, the only reason Navis can battle is to protect their Operator's comps and their PETs from viruses. Naturally, Navis battling each other grew from that. Most Navis don't even have their own weapons like the GutsPunch or Rockbuster; some can't even fight at all (like Silk).

And unlike Yu-Gi-Oh where, as someone said, a person who murdered his friend will just duel you, some people in EXE-land will kill. See the fools at the end of EXE6 who, upon losing their Navis, decide to use their own bodies to attack Netto, since he's a puny child and doesn't have Rock's power at his disposal as in a NetBattle.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #33 on: July 25, 2010, 05:49:34 AM
Exactly, Tai. As I said, same design, but he was just a robot built by Wily.

And to build off of what Spectro said, the only reason Navis can battle is to protect their Operator's comps and their PETs from viruses. Naturally, Navis battling each other grew from that. Most Navis don't even have their own weapons like the GutsPunch or Rockbuster; some can't even fight at all (like Silk).

And unlike Yu-Gi-Oh where, as someone said, a person who murdered his friend will just duel you, some people in EXE-land will kill. See the fools at the end of EXE6 who, upon losing their Navis, decide to use their own bodies to attack Netto, since he's a puny child and doesn't have Rock's power at his disposal as in a NetBattle.

Don't forget when Wily tried to ACTUALLY destroy the world with a virus-implanted missile in the first game is also something that nobody within the right mind in the Yugi-Verse won't do. Hell, even Wily tried the same stunt twice with the Cybeasts (minus the missile).

There are also terrorists/extraterrestrials that want the world gone, even the extraterrestrial wanted that planet dead.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: July 25, 2010, 05:50:14 AM
Lol, I wasnt being serious. I was kidding around bout the yugioh thing.

The EXE anime was so messed up. They even ignored the Megaman = Hub part. Making Megaman a run of the mill navi who just happens to always win because he's megaman.

Although- The movie WAS all kinds of awesome.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #35 on: July 25, 2010, 05:52:20 AM

The EXE anime was so messed up. They even ignored the Megaman = Hub part. Making Megaman a run of the mill navi who just happens to always win because he's megaman.

Although- The movie WAS all kinds of awesome.

I know, but that was for those that think the EXE thing is no diffrent than YGO. It's more like Digimon (Digital Worlds, Ancient Monsters, etc) in a sense. Each kid has a guardian that kicks all kinds of ass and feeds them/installs something to make them even more uber.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

• Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: July 25, 2010, 05:56:03 AM
Yeah, well, I thought you were someone else anyway.

Derp.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #37 on: July 25, 2010, 05:56:27 AM
Wasn't the movie a Yu-Gi-Oh/EXE combo? At least, in the opening? Or was that some other property?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #38 on: July 25, 2010, 06:06:05 AM
Wasn't the movie a Yu-Gi-Oh/EXE combo? At least, in the opening? Or was that some other property?

You must be thinking of Duel Masters, which was huge (and the apparent weeaboo answer to Magic: The Gathering) at the time. :P

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #39 on: July 25, 2010, 06:07:46 AM
Whatever. I get confused all the time. Regardless, it was epic.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: July 25, 2010, 08:32:39 AM
Weell, At least Zero got his due Screentime in the anime.

And I loved the Zero One deal. It was like Zero vs Omega all over again. but- in EXE.

Zero EXE was such a wasted concept in the games... He deserved more screentime after Transmission. Only the Anime really fleshed him out any. The fact that they  MADE him the virus, was real interesting. Especially when you get to thinking about him, and how although he looks like a netnavi, he's really an overgrown Virus that can talk and think.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #41 on: July 25, 2010, 08:37:54 AM
Isn't that basically what a Darkloid is?

Archer

Reply #42 on: July 25, 2010, 08:56:48 AM
Beast+ sucked.

Whatever. I get confused all the time. Regardless, it was epic.
Isn't that basically what a Darkloid is?

|:

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: July 25, 2010, 08:59:31 AM
Darkloids are solo navis that hate humans with a passion.  Zero was a virus that was made by Wily, but Wily couldn't find a use for him so eventually the Professor dude used him and somewhere along the way he developed his own will and could think.  Yuichiiro Hikari then turns him into a net navi.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #44 on: July 25, 2010, 09:09:37 AM
As shown in the anime, Darkloids are NOT Net Navis. They are a collection of data that was sparked to life, basically. Hence how Blues went from Net Navi to Darkloid. They are separate. Aren't viruses basically that? Data that was sparked to life?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: July 25, 2010, 06:27:03 PM
speaking of Zero EXE... I know I havent watched much of Plus, but how exactly did he warp to the real world with Zero One? From what I saw, there were no dimensional generator things

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #46 on: July 25, 2010, 09:59:30 PM
I haven't seen Beast+ (watching chronologically, except for my slip-up with the movie; didn't know it took place during Stream) so I can't help you there.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: July 25, 2010, 10:54:11 PM
speaking of Zero EXE... I know I havent watched much of Plus, but how exactly did he warp to the real world with Zero One? From what I saw, there were no dimensional generator things
I think he used those wine-like pseudo dmiensional generators that Professor created.
Tough, I don't remember frankly.
: P

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #48 on: July 26, 2010, 04:57:24 AM
Unfortunately I don't get to edit those couple episodes, and I also haven't watched them in a while, so I can't say for certain.

But I can say that in one of the episodes I did, Enzan clearly states that viruses infected with the Zero virus get the ability to materialize in the real world. So without watching Ep. 18 again, I'd just have to assume that Zero was able to do as he pleased and willed himself into the real world. It's one of his magic plot-worthy powers.

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Archer

Reply #49 on: July 26, 2010, 04:59:08 AM
Reminds me of Regal in the movie, with his ability to make dimensional converters magically come out of the floor.