Digital Distribution Thread (Collection, Updates, and Sales!)

VixyNyan · 325526

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #325 on: January 21, 2011, 03:03:58 AM
Quick Question with RCW1, is there a way to access the different music? I believe its in since its used in the attract mode.

Also, I can't make heads nor tails of the Options screen, anybody mind helping me out with that?

I love how they left the PocketStation thing in, despite it being unusuable.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #326 on: January 21, 2011, 03:09:00 AM
Put the cursor on Navi Mode, hold the Select button and start that Mode.

The only thing you need to worry about in Options is the difficulty setting, which you can set at the very top.
You can unlock Hard Mode later. There is also a Slow Mode that slows down the game. XD

*is happy she can use the Pocketstation feature~*

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #327 on: January 21, 2011, 04:14:40 AM
Thank you!  I was wondering where the hell the arcade music was...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #328 on: January 21, 2011, 04:49:22 AM

The only thing you need to worry about in Options is the difficulty setting, which you can set at the very top.
You can unlock Hard Mode later. There is also a Slow Mode that slows down the game. XD

*is happy she can use the Pocketstation feature~*

Wait, how is the Pocketstation usable? You need to have a Phat PS3, right?

And thanks for that help, now I don't have to fly blind when it comes to the game.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #329 on: January 21, 2011, 05:14:21 AM
Wait, how is the Pocketstation usable? You need to have a Phat PS3, right?
Because she has the original discs.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #330 on: January 21, 2011, 05:33:51 AM
Wait, how is the Pocketstation usable?

Um, I use a PS2? >U<

And the Pocketstation data for each CW game is 13 blocks big. It's enough to let you play the mini-game that's unique for the CW game you downloaded it from (there exist a total of 6 different mini-games), and being able to raise the strength and health stats of Rockman and the Robot Masters. You will be able to train the characters in a Versus mode similar to the SFAlpha 3 Pocketstation game, where you use 3 of your characters against 3 CPUs. Each character (Rock and the robot masters) will be able to have MAX HP at 80 instead of the default 28 (and you can raise their attack power to a ridiculous amount too), then you can transfer all that data back into your CW game and see some new changes that way. Robot masters being at the same strength as you is an interesting thing to witness. ^^;

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #331 on: January 24, 2011, 12:44:13 AM
Um, I use a PS2? >U<

And the Pocketstation data for each CW game is 13 blocks big. It's enough to let you play the mini-game that's unique for the CW game you downloaded it from (there exist a total of 6 different mini-games), and being able to raise the strength and health stats of Rockman and the Robot Masters. You will be able to train the characters in a Versus mode similar to the SFAlpha 3 Pocketstation game, where you use 3 of your characters against 3 CPUs. Each character (Rock and the robot masters) will be able to have MAX HP at 80 instead of the default 28 (and you can raise their attack power to a ridiculous amount too), then you can transfer all that data back into your CW game and see some new changes that way. Robot masters being at the same strength as you is an interesting thing to witness. ^^;

Wah, I wanna see that. Damn Sony never releasing the PocketStation in the US, let alone an emulation for Japanese games that utilize it (Like the Complete Works, obviously.) using some sort of pop up window you could switch between using the PS Button.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #332 on: January 29, 2011, 09:07:23 AM
I guess all you'd have to do is import the data using the Memory Card adaptor, into a PS Virtual Memory Card on the PS3.
I'm no PS3 genius (nor do I have one), but using that idea, you could potentially share a beginner save with Pocketstation data maxed out here on the site?

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #333 on: January 29, 2011, 05:31:39 PM
The thing is, the game senses if you use a normal memory card or a Pocketstation. If you don't have the Pocketstation in the slot (or fool the PS3 into thinking the Virtual Memory Card is a Pocketstation), then it won't be able to load the data. When you insert the Pocketstation into the PS1/PS2, the Pocketstation will emit a red light on its front side and information will show up on the card's display. These kind of things is what the game takes note of, so I don't think a normal memory card will work in the same way. ^^;

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #334 on: January 30, 2011, 07:06:00 AM
I know that the PocketRock app and the Pocketstation itself on the PS3 is hopeless, but I was more-so talking about doing the work beforehand using an original disc and PSX; ie. to create a PS3-ready save which is at the start of the game (no database entries, etc.) but with varying degrees of PocketRock data at the ready to provide some way to make the game more interesting, or even provide an entirely different game, for all the players new to Complete Works. LV99 might be a tad overkill for some people, but the idea stands.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #335 on: January 30, 2011, 12:47:23 PM
That's a good idea, but like I said, you have to hack the virtual memory card, through hex-editing or some other kind of reverse-engineering, so that you fool the PS3 into thinking that the memory card is a Pocketstation. You need to read up on the documentations of the Pocketstation to see what makes it unique to other memory cards, because the game still only accepts Pocketstation signals when you want to load your LV99 Rockman and Bosses into the game. >u<

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #336 on: January 30, 2011, 01:08:31 PM
I see, but i'm gonna stop here because i'm so stubborn, haha 8D

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #337 on: February 02, 2011, 03:41:40 AM
Rockman 2 Complete Works is out today in the US!

Updated zee list

For the sake of getting the complete experience I am giving the arcade music a shot.  But honestly, the NES tracks are just too iconic, and in some cases outright superior (Title, Bubble Man), so I expect to revert back to them for replays.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #338 on: February 02, 2011, 04:00:53 AM
I'll get it tomorrow, though honestly, I can't see why. I personally despise Megaman 2 (And its little buddy called Megaman 9,but only because of the amount of Frustration I've been through with it. Not good frustration either, more like Wily Machine is being a [sonic slicer], I have to hit this little hitbox and the upper jaw of the skull keeps getting in the way and I keep getting hit because I'm terrible at MM9 and I hate its ass-backwards "no you can't save in the final levels because CLASSIC" despite that its an archaic and shitty design choice, also no update to add DIFFICULTY LEVELS IN like in MM10 (Which I thoroughly enjoyed because I could play MM2 Megaman on Easy and use Protoman for Normal (Because I grew up on using the charge shot.) Oh wow I just stretched this post out wayy more than I had planned, but oh well.) but I'll get it to collect the series of Complete Works games.

Waiting paitently for RCW 3.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #339 on: February 02, 2011, 12:33:26 PM
Waiting paitently for RCW 3.
As am I.  3 is my favorite.

I love 2, though I think 9 could have stood to kiss its ass a bit less.  And wow, man, you're better than you give yourself credit for if ProtoMan is your Normal character.  He's the harder one for me to use, due to the whole double-damage/knockback thing.  I might like him better if his shield worked on the ground instead of the air; jumping to block just never stops feeling awkward.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #340 on: February 02, 2011, 11:31:50 PM
As am I.  3 is my favorite.

I love 2, though I think 9 could have stood to kiss its ass a bit less.  And wow, man, you're better than you give yourself credit for if ProtoMan is your Normal character.  He's the harder one for me to use, due to the whole double-damage/knockback thing.  I might like him better if his shield worked on the ground instead of the air; jumping to block just never stops feeling awkward.

I have my normal game set with Protoman because of the Charge Shot mainly, I've not really played it much though, so I only got PumpMan down so far.

Of course, to be honest I don't hate megaman 2, I just don't see how it gets the praise it does. Sure, the bosses are fun, the weapons are really good, The music is enjoyable, maybe its just my personal hate of the Boobeam traps. Those ruin it for me, other than that the game is quite solid, I shouldn't hate on it as much as I do. But I think 3 deserves more of the praise, it just felt like an overall more solid game, its difficulty is well-rounded too (though, I wouldn't say 2 has difficulty problems, 9 does, but oh well.)

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #341 on: March 07, 2011, 03:07:39 AM
I finally got Hard Corps: Uprising on my Xbox and some other things. I feel sorry for the PlayStation crowd having to wait longer to get their download of this game. :<

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #342 on: March 11, 2011, 02:21:50 AM
Oh yeah, Rockman Complete Works 3 is mine.

And Megaman 4... can't forget that one (Another of my favorites, some of the best music and a decent curve of difficulty, though whomever calls it hard is just fooling themselves.)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #343 on: March 12, 2011, 02:26:56 AM
Got Beyond Good & Evil HD.

Still as good as it's always been.

...still has that amusing bug where you can fall through the scenery and into infinity if you crawl through the outer part of a certain railing. GOOD TIMES.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #344 on: March 13, 2011, 04:00:20 AM
SNES:
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Nintendo 64:
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
MARIO TENNIS ♥
Super Smash Bros.

WiiWare:
Onslaught

Deleted a bunch of NES games and moved them to Homebrew. Only kept the SNES ones because of my save files. Also deleted MM9 because it was worthless to me and lost MM10 when restoring my system to an older back up. Haven't bothered putting it back on.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #346 on: March 17, 2011, 01:59:22 AM

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #347 on: March 18, 2011, 01:26:01 AM
RM3CW added to PSN about a week ago.  Updated, of course. 8)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #348 on: March 18, 2011, 10:44:12 PM
FF3/6 was released for the European VC today.

Of course I downloaded it right away.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #349 on: March 18, 2011, 11:41:59 PM
Yay, it's out in Japan VC too. <3

I'm waiting for Hebereke/Ufouria next week tho. 0v0

(c) Sky Child~