Pizza: How do you roll?

Nicole Claris · 13964

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010, 10:41:22 PM
Also, a place called Papa Murphy's around here is nice, they make the crust and put everything on it, and you just take it home to cook it, which I think is a great idea honestly, as often times making your own pizza is a little time consuming (if you like lots of toppings and have to chop chop chop), and it tastes very fresh when you cook it.

also I love ordering online, less chance they will mess up the order, and if they do everything is recorded so they can't say "der you didn't order it that way"

I have a Papa Murphy's in my area too, it feels like they don't put enough cheese onto the pizza as I always ask for more to cover up the sauce near the edge of the crust. (I don't like how it dries up.)

And our Topper's Pizza has lots of problems with online orders. They always [sonic slicer] and moan "We didn't get an order". I used to like their Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza, but they took it off their menu (It was white sauce, chicken, and cheese. It was YUMMY.)

There was this nice pizza place I had a while back on the way home from the Wisconsin Dells, it was called the "FOSTER CHEESE HAUS" The pizza was fresh, as they don't start making it until you order it. I took a bite of it, and I had a taste orgasm. It was soo [tornado fang]ing delicious, Sadly the next time we wanted to go there we couldn't because we had to pick up the [tornado fang]ing dog instead. Instead we got really shitty Pizza, though at least it wasn't Papa John's or Little Caesars. Those places are the worst, Pizza Hut is getting worse too, as we get their pizza at school. And it tastes..... different.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 05, 2010, 10:42:46 PM
Yeah PB, you live in New York.  I live in a little podunk craphole in Wyoming that's lucky to have a McDonald's.  There aren't even any local pizza places around here.  The only thing we had was a Pizza Hut and a Domino's for -years.-

Tis why I find it sad.

Also, despite how I don't like Pizza Hut or Dominoes, I'd take those in a heartbeat before Little Caesars.

Offline Nicole Claris

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Rise of Aetheria- An Arts and Roleplaying Site
Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 12:04:55 AM
I'm not really into topping, so the only style of pizza I get is either plain or with Pepperoni, cause I love Pepperoni. 

I have to say, that must be why you can't enjoy a good pan pizza, or a deep dish. There is nothing to compare to the mixture of flavors or textures. I mean, that is like living off of a grilled cheese sandwich. It is ok if you can't get the ingredients for a REAL sandwich like meat and veggies (turkey, pickles, cheese, mayo, olive oil, spinach, olives, green peppers, pepper and vinegar, stuff like that).

Also the crust is great crunchy sometimes, but then I think the more doughy crusts (they have to be cooked right of course) have more of a bread feel, and I like that texture. The pizza goes farther, and can fill you up more, so you don't have to eat so much of it either.

On a personal note, "your" pizza looks like it would give me heart burn for decades, all greasy. >.>

I like my pizza white:
Olive oil instead of marinara, and different white cheeses on the top.
So good~

That sounds really good. I want to try some of Papa Murphy's de-Lite menu, because it includes more interesting cheeses and such things as white sauce.

And our Topper's Pizza has lots of problems with online orders. They always [sonic slicer] and moan "We didn't get an order". I used to like their Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza, but they took it off their menu (It was white sauce, chicken, and cheese. It was YUMMY.)
Mmm, I have never had any complaints with anything called Cordon Bleu. =D~

I should have thought before this thread, it made me hungry.  >_<

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.”
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: July 06, 2010, 12:13:15 AM
I should have thought before this thread, it made me hungry.  >_<

Why don't you order

[spoiler]a calzone?[/spoiler]

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: July 06, 2010, 12:24:32 AM
Also, despite how I don't like Pizza Hut or Dominoes, I'd take those in a heartbeat before Little Caesars.

Maybe I've just had better luck with LC restaurants, but I actually prefer them over Pizza Hut.

Back in the 80s and early 90s, we actually had stuff around here.  A LC, a Godfather's, a couple of local places... I miss the 80s.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Aresian

Reply #30 on: July 06, 2010, 12:29:30 AM
Well, while Alma has stated most of my opinion here to a degree, I must say...

As someone who has sampled the "infamous" NY style pizza, I can say that it is very overrated and very bland. It's more like a commodity than an actual example of excellent flavor. Now, that's just my opinion. It's too simple for my tastes, someone who likes a lot of different toppings on his pizza. I like veggies and a nice thick crust, maybe with some cheese inside of it to add a nice snack after the main course of the meal. Pizza sticks? [tornado fang] that, Stuff Crust Pizza satisfies that desire all in one. And if we're talking health wise... omg, NY pizza is like eating a slice of grease dipped in lard batter. No offense. Papa Murphy's is just that much more... fresh and healthy tasting. And smelling no less, and you STILL get to enjoy the fact you're eating pizza.

While I normally side with PB on something, gotta say hands down... West Coast Pizza ftw. :3

Wait... can I even call it that? Yeah, I can. I'm Sheep Eff'n God.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: July 06, 2010, 12:57:56 AM
I have to say, that must be why you can't enjoy a good pan pizza, or a deep dish. There is nothing to compare to the mixture of flavors or textures. I mean, that is like living off of a grilled cheese sandwich. It is ok if you can't get the ingredients for a REAL sandwich like meat and veggies (turkey, pickles, cheese, mayo, olive oil, spinach, olives, green peppers, pepper and vinegar, stuff like that).

Also the crust is great crunchy sometimes, but then I think the more doughy crusts (they have to be cooked right of course) have more of a bread feel, and I like that texture. The pizza goes farther, and can fill you up more, so you don't have to eat so much of it either.

On a personal note, "your" pizza looks like it would give me heart burn for decades, all greasy. >.>

Oh, I hate Pan/Deep Dish/Chicago Style pizza.  It's disgusting.  To me, putting toppings on, or in, a pizza is trying to improve upon a unique taste that needs no improvement.  It's like people who like putting Pineapple & Ham on a pizza.  I find it sickening.

If you want more of a bread feel to the crust, then that's what a NY Sicilian slice is for.  Also, it's not like living off a grilled cheese sandwich, because a grilled cheese sandwich is just a grilled cheese sandwich.  It's not meant to have any meats, veggies, or anything added to it.  It's meant to be bread & cheese.  Once you add things to it, it ceases to become just a grilled cheese sandwich and becomes a hero or whatever.  

This is why I only like plain NY Style Pizza.  A slice of pizza is not meant to be a sandwich.  It's meant to be a goddamn slice of motherfuckin' pizza.  It doesn't try to pretend to be something it's not.  If I'm looking for something other than a simple slice of pizza, I have a hot sandwich with melted mozzarella cheese on it.  If I want something fresh and healthy, I'll have a salad or some grilled chicken.  If I want Pizza, then I have what I pictured above, in all it's greasy glory.

Aresian

Reply #32 on: July 06, 2010, 01:05:52 AM
Oh, I hate Pan/Deep Dish/Chicago Style pizza.  It's disgusting.  To me, putting toppings on, or in, a pizza is trying to improve upon a unique taste that needs no improvement.  It's like people who like putting Pineapple & Ham on a pizza.  I find it sickening.

If you want more of a bread feel to the crust, then that's what a NY Sicilian slice is for.  Also, it's not like living off a grilled cheese sandwich, because a grilled cheese sandwich is just a grilled cheese sandwich.  It's not meant to have any meats, veggies, or anything added to it.  It's meant to be bread & cheese.  Once you add things to it, it ceases to become just a grilled cheese sandwich and becomes a hero or whatever.  

This is why I only like plain NY Style Pizza.  A slice of pizza is not meant to be a sandwich.  It's meant to be a goddamn slice of motherfuckin' pizza.  It doesn't try to pretend to be something it's not.  If I'm looking for something other than a simple slice of pizza, I have a hot sandwich with melted mozzarella cheese on it.  If I want something fresh and healthy, I'll have a salad or some grilled chicken.  If I want Pizza, then I have what I pictured above, in all it's greasy glory.

Hey. Maybe that isn't pizza to me.

Maybe this is pizza to me.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Maybe not. I like my pizza to be a myriad of flavors and veggies. I like this.

But most of all... for the love of ME, take it BACK!

THAT COMPARISON OF HAM AND PINEAPPLE, THOSE TRAITOROUS HAWAIIAN PIZZA LOVERS. THOU SHALT NOT COMPARETH ME TO THOSE MONSTERS!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: July 06, 2010, 01:07:58 AM
Pizza.

It's science.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: July 06, 2010, 01:28:48 AM
Maybe not. I like my pizza to be a myriad of flavors and veggies. I like this.

Ick.  Looks disgusting.  Even the cheese looks like chain-brand manufactured crap.

Meh, to each their own.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: July 06, 2010, 01:34:40 AM
Pizza.

It's science.

Does that mean that science is pizza?  Is the table of elements the different kinds of toppings?

Aresian

Reply #36 on: July 06, 2010, 01:37:04 AM
Does that mean that science is pizza?  Is the table of elements the different kinds of toppings?

So the more the better?

INTERESTING IDEA, CEPHI!

Ick.  Looks disgusting.  Even the cheese looks like chain-brand manufactured crap.

Meh, to each their own.

It looks like mozzarella to me. >_>

Oh well, to each their own indeed~

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: July 06, 2010, 01:46:29 AM
Pepperoni, Black Olives, Thick Crust

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: July 06, 2010, 01:49:20 AM
It looks like mozzarella to me. >_>
Except for the round brown burns. Mozzarella doesn't always do that/

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: July 06, 2010, 02:04:01 AM
Pizza is my favorite food, so I can eat it from anywhere. I'm really not that picky, though I won't say all pizza taste the same. Sadly, they closed a Godfather's Pizza near where I live about a decade ago. It was the best pizza place to go to.

One of my friends opened up a retro-styled (50's Diner) resturant that has homemade pizza and some other stuff. The pizza was great because it had twice as many toppings as everyone else's (Pizza Hut, Domino's,etc.)

Quote from:  'Captain'
I like my pizza white:
Olive oil instead of marinara, and different white cheeses on the top.
So good~

That sounds interesting, I'll have to try it sometime.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #40 on: July 06, 2010, 02:18:38 AM
On pizza, I will have anything except onions, anchovies (because my folks won't let me), and peppers.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: July 06, 2010, 02:21:27 AM
I assume nobody here has tried actual Italian pizza. It's like an orgasm in your mouth. Had it only twice in my life, but DAMN, well worth the trip.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #42 on: July 06, 2010, 02:25:47 AM
I assume nobody here has tried actual Italian pizza. It's like an orgasm in your mouth. Had it only twice in my life, but DAMN, well worth the trip.
I would love to try real Italian pizza. How's it made and what goes on it?

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: July 06, 2010, 02:43:58 AM
Remember, people all have opinions.

From Italy with love.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: July 06, 2010, 03:07:55 AM

I am intensely curious now. XD

Offline Nicole Claris

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Rise of Aetheria- An Arts and Roleplaying Site
Reply #45 on: July 06, 2010, 03:43:57 AM
Unfortunately no, but I'd be happy to try it.

I never knew how srs bsns pizza was.  '>.>

Also, someone mentioned pizza at school, which reminded me of another pizza story. 8D

There was a pizza joint named American Pie near my school. We won a pizza party for something and they ordered a few pizzas from them. WELL it was terrible. It wasn't cooked and was still doughy, (plus they only ordered cheese xp ), and considering how terrible school food was, I chose it over the pizza.

Anyway for a while I avoided the place, then a group I was in decided we should have our meal there... Needless to say I protested at first but everyone insisted. Well I ordered one of their pizzas and it was GREAT. So... There are a lot of variables in good pizza. The chef, the ingredients the place has at the time, the number of orders they have at the time, hell even the managers of the chains can affect it. Cast in point, the Subways around here are managed by their respective owners, hence why two Subways near us have difference ingredients which we found out when we complained about no spinach in one of them.

Of course non-chains also have the problem with greater numbers of orders, some pizzas come out undercooked or they give you the wrong ingredients.

... Hoshi- pizza is a science. Or a math? SO MANY VARIABLES.

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.”
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: July 06, 2010, 03:51:11 AM
Words cannot describe how much I envy you right now.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: July 06, 2010, 05:35:48 AM

I have. There was this one place in Queens that made true, authentic style Italian pizza, as the people were straight from Italy. It was probably the best I've ever had. One day I'll get to Italy just to try some.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: July 06, 2010, 06:23:48 AM
Regular,
Extra cheese,
onion pizza/aka Fugazzeta, (just cheese and onion slices)
Sicilian,
Peperoni SOMETIMES
Mushroom

and im open to new kinds.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: July 06, 2010, 07:03:36 AM
Another note I'd like to mention is the only Pizza I really love is Pepperoni (And Cheese if its like 3 or 4 cheeses.), and only when done right. I'll eat other pizza's (Sausage, Pineapple, "Canadian" Bacon, Hamburger, Bacon, etc.) But the best pizza will always be Pepperoni, that Foster Cheese Haus pizza solidified that in my head.

Of course, I'd like to try that Japanese Double Roll pizza Pizza Hut made... looks intresting.