Curious perversions in the music industry

Shiki Tohno · 2203

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
on: December 07, 2008, 01:52:15 AM
Parodying the subtitle of one of my favorite sites, TheDailyWTF.com, I open this thread to discuss all the weird stuff you've found in the music industry. =) I'll start myself pointing out a mighty hilarious thing from the anime music world over at the Land of the Rising Sun.

I guess some, if not most or even all, of you must have heard the opening song to Lucky Star, one of the funniest anime series to ever come out in 2007. It's a relatively fast-paced, spunky song to the voices of four "teen girls" that sound like frickin' preteens. (One of the things I love about Konata -- she knows she's 18 and she knows that she looks freaking loli, and she's not afraid to use that to her advantage. =D ) It's called Motteke! Sera Fuku and it's a great dance song for anime parties, plus there's no way to listen to it without at least a small smile coming up in your face. Okay, know the song? Great. Hold on to that thought.

Now let's talk about the stuff of legend. JAM Project is a group of legendary songmakers perhaps most famous for their theme songs for the Super Robot Wars games, but they've done quite some famous songs for well-recognized series, both as a group and individually (Hironobu Kageyama springs to mind, with all his awesome stuff for DBZ, including, but not limited to, Trunks's image song, Hikari no Willpower). Ok, so, associated the group in your mind? Got the general gist of their music style? Good. Now here's the kicker.

Would you believe JAM Project, of all people, did a freaking COVER of Motteke? Yes, I didn't want to believe it either at first -- but I have to admit, if not freaking hilarious, at least it's interesting to listen to. Personally, I could barely breathe laughing in amazement and amusement when I first heard the song, but I have to admit, it was quite awesome, something decidedly unusual that paid off for the effort. XD

So what kind of curious perversions have YOU found in the music industry? =p

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 01:55:10 AM

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 02:03:30 AM
I'm laughing at this, too funny, JAM Project does serious buisness, yet, they take the seriousness and yet, they put it on a OST of an anime that was ment to be silly. LOL in big, juicy, letters.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 03:26:11 AM by DominicanZero »

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.