Lucas Gilbertson to redub "Iris death scene."

Protodude · 29114

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: January 17, 2009, 06:26:48 PM
Hey, Id sure as hell befriend him like any ol' guy. id just be extra "your cool" cuz He's also the voice of the Red Raider. 8D

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Silentzero61

• Cyberelf
  • Prepare to be Domofied!
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: January 17, 2009, 08:53:40 PM
Thought you guys might find this interesting, came from my interview with Lucas Gilbertson (Zero):

It's not the supposed X Collection redub, but it's something. I'd total kill to hear Gilbertson's interpretation of the scene in a very serious manner.

Sweet. I love voice Actors who are really into their work, who take the time and effort to please us, the fans. I can't wait to hear the redub of the Iris Death scene, I know it's going to be good.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: January 17, 2009, 08:57:49 PM
Sweet. I love voice Actors who are really into their work, who take the time and effort to please us, the fans. I can't wait to hear the redub of the Iris Death scene, I know it's going to be good.

Ummm...
Uhm, maybe I'm late or maybe not, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf-JE2FKD-k

I'm not sure what to think of the performance, though I think the timing is a bit off.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: January 17, 2009, 08:58:16 PM

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: January 17, 2009, 09:00:47 PM
It's right here Silent.
Ummm...
Uhm, maybe I'm late or maybe not, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf-JE2FKD-k

I'm not sure what to think of the performance, though I think the timing is a bit off.

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Reply #80 on: January 17, 2009, 09:26:26 PM
Protodude, two things.

1. Have you been able to contact him to record the little line for the front page? While I'm perfectly content with an audio record, if at all possible try to convince him to record a small video of himself saying that. :) Either is fine anyway, so let him choose.

2. Try suggesting to him to come around and sign up at RPM, and then let someone like me or any of the staffers know (so only we know he's here and he doesn't get too bothered). We could do all sorts of awesome things if he were to be prowling the site undercover. XD

Fret not, I've sent him the message and a link to the site,so we'll see what happens! However, In my last message with him, he revealed he's become the victim of credit card fraud--a stick situation that's taken up most of his free time. Might be a bit of a while.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: January 17, 2009, 10:21:24 PM
he revealed he's become the victim of credit card fraud--a stick situation that's taken up most of his free time. Might be a bit of a while.
>:[
Oh no they DI'NT!
He should go Zero on them and kick their asses.

Offline Silentzero61

• Cyberelf
  • Prepare to be Domofied!
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: January 18, 2009, 01:42:40 AM
It's right here Silent.

Arigato Sakura-chan....I love the re-dub it has more emotion...more character...more passion...OMG he's got a youtube channel *subscribes*.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #83 on: January 18, 2009, 02:29:51 AM
Fret not, I've sent him the message and a link to the site,so we'll see what happens!

Who knows. He might show up at this very moment when you least expect it. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Zx

• You're already dead
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Come and fight!"
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: January 18, 2009, 02:30:54 AM
He's watching us...

"Di Mant de Vongole Primo!"

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: January 18, 2009, 03:08:57 AM
BIG BROTHER ZERO IS WATCHING

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #86 on: January 18, 2009, 05:13:43 AM
REPENT!

For you know very well that the day of Lucas will come like a thief in the night.

( I'd give the Revelation 16 version, but we have enough shameful exposure as it is between Vix and PB.  =P )

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: January 18, 2009, 05:15:20 AM
Be sober, Be vigilant for you do not the day nor the hour the Lucas will come.  -_-

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: January 18, 2009, 06:28:16 AM
Well, we can always hope.  I've met stars/voice actors/artists/etc in the past, and for the most part, they are all really nice people.

...Except for Ivan Reis.  He's a dick.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #89 on: January 18, 2009, 06:38:16 AM
...Except for Ivan Reis.  He's a dick.
I know a lot of people who'd beg to differ.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: January 18, 2009, 06:51:03 AM
I know a lot of people who'd beg to differ.

LoL, who knows.  Maybe he was just having a bad day.  All I know is that he was pretty rude to me when I was literally just saying hello to him and what a HUGE fan of his work I was on Green Lantern. 

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: January 18, 2009, 07:30:22 AM
Well, think about it. he probably has millions of people say that to him. if he was having a crummy day, then he probably felt sick of the fans that day.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: January 18, 2009, 07:42:27 AM
Well, think about it. he probably has millions of people say that to him. if he was having a crummy day, then he probably felt sick of the fans that day.

That's still rude though.  I mean, all the other people I talked to were very nice and polite.  Hell, I bumped into Mark Waid at the Comic Con last year, and we had a very nice conversation, and I told him how much I really enjoyed his writing and everything.  Most stars and famous people I've met were also all very nice.  And it's not like I was a raving fanboy either.

I mean, it doesn't matter.  I still love his art, and I'd still like the chance to meet him again at this year's Comic Con, if possible.  LoL, we'll see what happens from there.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: January 18, 2009, 08:38:29 AM
he probably had a bad day.
... He was most definitely not Gellin' that day. 8D

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: January 18, 2009, 06:55:44 PM
Hey, PB do you think you can post your pictures of the con in the Post Pictures of Yourself Thread?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: January 18, 2009, 07:03:47 PM
I most likely will...

...once I figure out how and when I'm going!  XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: January 18, 2009, 08:00:44 PM
likewise. :\

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #97 on: January 18, 2009, 08:27:42 PM
I'm not really lawyering for Ivan or whatever, but it's really that until now I only heard good things about him. Out at the comics forum I hang at a guy wanted to do a course completing job for college and he wanted to do a journalistic take on how comic artists who work for the US do their thing. Ivan let the guy shoot his studio, gave him an interview, all that good stuff. The guy himself remarked he was rather nice to him all the way through.

Second half of 2008 he also participated in this forum's podcast, and he didn't really get anything from that 'cept just sharing how he works and having a good time all around with enthusiasts of his work. Far as I know he also gave some cryptic hints of what Johns is up to in GL.

Then after that some guys from this very same forum met up with him in a Con here in Brazil and after all was said and done he even hit the pub with 'em. So, yeah, I guess he had a bad day, he'd taken one down and hadn't sung a sad song just to turn it around.

And [tornado fang], why the hell can't X EVER keep one voice actor whether it's Japan or US? I really liked Gatha's work as him. I swear someone has a voodoo doll of X and keeps shoving nails on him. (heart-ripping notwithstanding)

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: January 18, 2009, 08:40:15 PM
What, you mean besides Sigma and Wily? also, who nows, maybe he might still do VAing. after all, they pay him for it...

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: January 18, 2009, 09:00:43 PM
I'm not really lawyering for Ivan or whatever, but it's really that until now I only heard good things about him. Out at the comics forum I hang at a guy wanted to do a course completing job for college and he wanted to do a journalistic take on how comic artists who work for the US do their thing. Ivan let the guy shoot his studio, gave him an interview, all that good stuff. The guy himself remarked he was rather nice to him all the way through.

Second half of 2008 he also participated in this forum's podcast, and he didn't really get anything from that 'cept just sharing how he works and having a good time all around with enthusiasts of his work. Far as I know he also gave some cryptic hints of what Johns is up to in GL.

Then after that some guys from this very same forum met up with him in a Con here in Brazil and after all was said and done he even hit the pub with 'em. So, yeah, I guess he had a bad day, he'd taken one down and hadn't sung a sad song just to turn it around.

I'm actually glad to hear this.  I mean, I really like his art.  A LOT.  He's up there among my favorite artists for Green Lantern ever.