Lucas Gilbertson to redub "Iris death scene."

Protodude · 29024

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: January 15, 2009, 04:41:30 AM
yeah, well this is BEFORE Zero learned that. when he still showed emotion. before he thought, thats it, ive had it, and got so serious the Joker shat bricks.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: January 15, 2009, 05:56:14 AM
yeah, well this is BEFORE Zero learned that. when he still showed emotion. before he thought, thats it, ive had it, and got so serious the Joker shat bricks.
Are you forgetting that Zero already died once? His own experience tells him that her situation isn't exactly the best of the bunch at the moment, so he's trying to be optimistic and drill into her head that she's gonna be okay.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: January 15, 2009, 06:07:08 AM
Are you forgetting that Zero already died once? His own experience tells him that her situation isn't exactly the best of the bunch at the moment, so he's trying to be optimistic and drill into her head that she's gonna be okay.

Precisely. They are Reploids; it's not like they have fragile human parts.

Now I get why Colonel and so many other characters have died, but can someone explain Iris to me? Vile's ride armors have exploded before, and he's come out of those without a scratch. Iris also looks like she isn't damaged, and yet bam, she dies?

Only way I can figure is she pulled some really screwy stuff with Colonel's DNA Soul (that's what I assume that purple orb is) that she wasn't supposed to in order to materialize that ride armor of hers, and when Zero defeated her, it damaged her DNA Soul and programming, too.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: January 15, 2009, 06:08:15 AM
I am very impressed! I am sjust [tornado fang]ing speechless!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: January 15, 2009, 02:11:19 PM
@ Hypersonic: Vile is a battle reploid, Iris isnt. also, Iris' death was a result of her systems conflicting and rejecting her brothers program. so it wasnt external, but internally that she was damaged. the ultimate soldier was impossible, but iris implanted her brthers program

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: January 15, 2009, 04:05:42 PM
~Iris is just talking quietly; doesn't seem too dead/dying.

Having to wait for your software to go BSOD doesn't actually strike me as stereotypical 'too damaged to go on' dying moment. No blood was shed, she doesn't even have a scratch on her, she was simply calmly waiting for her death whilst telling Zero what needed to be told.

Colonel & Iris
At one time, the Repiforce Troop Special Research Division undertook a secret project
to develop the ultimate repliroid. They believed that to combine high combat ability and
a warrior's pride with a heart that loves peace would create the ultimate officer.
However, these traits proved too contrary to combine, so instead the program was
divided to create 2 repliroids. The proud skillful warrior became the Colonel, and the
gentle-hearted soul was called Iris. Sharing more than five tenths of the same program,
the 2 have a unique mental bond and feel protective towards one another.

Colonel is the young model officer of the Repliforce, and older brother of Iris. An expert
swordsman, he and Zero appear evenly matched. Widely respected by his fellow
soldiers, he takes great pride in his office. In order to protect the Repliforce during their
move to outer space, he guards the spaceport.

Iris is the girl robot who works as an operator for the Irregular Hunters. She has fallen in
love with Zero, who had saved her life. (Under the influence of Dragoon, Eregion attacked the Repliforce
command and kidnapped Iris, then brought chaos to the Sky Lagoon.)
She also feels a deep bond with her brother
Colonel, and does her best to prevent the two from fighting, despite being on opposite sides.
Secretly she dreams of living in a world run by repliroids, together with Zero and
her brother. But after Colonel is killed by Zero, she comes to the point of battling her
beloved.
Normally Iris's combat power is considerably lacking, but when she battles Zero, she
installs the memory chip of the Colonel. As their developers had planned, Iris became a
repliroid with ultimate combat efficiency. However, the parts of her program which were
still contradictory began to cause rejection symptoms to occur. Iris lost the ability to
handle the awesome power, and went out of control. Is there any way for Zero to rescue
Iris without destroying her?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #57 on: January 15, 2009, 08:17:23 PM
Which is technically true in every way, but nevertheless reduces the tension of the scene, what with us not being reploids and unable to feel for the situation.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #58 on: January 16, 2009, 10:11:14 PM
Absolutely beautiful.  Lucas sure is kind to the fans to be doing this. 8)

At least I must admit that out of all three (it was three, wasn't it?)
Four if you count Model Z.

I suggest that RPM and all other Rockman communities start raising a fund to hire this man as well as some skilled programmers to entirely redub both X4 and X7 Zero with Gilbertson's voice and put the audio into the games. Oh, and should there be some money left, let's get Mark Gatha in the boat as well so he can redeem our dirtied souls from X4's girly X.
I sincerely doubt we could raise enough to make it worth their while.  Still, it's fun to dream.

Oh, and on the programming end, you don't need very skilled programmers at all if you're going for PC X4.  Those are just WAVs, possibly with the file extension changed (I don't remember, I replaced the X4/X5 PC soundtracks in ages past; The Wish Punished is AWESOME as Iris battle BGM).  And the videos are easily edit/swap-able as well.  It'd be no problem.

On a side note, I think the way he calls out for Iris at 0:47 is kind of funny because it sounds like he's scolding her for falling asleep or something.
0:47 I think, between the original and Lucas's, are different takes on desperation.  The original has Zero a bit more fearful, whereas Lucas does him more commanding in a "snap out of it" kind of way.  I don't think it's bad in and of itself, it's just awkward to be following Lucas being considerably more emotion than the original on the "it's only a fantasy" line.  I can sorta see him getting choked up over that seeings how it's the reason they were stuck against each other, though.

With something like this you need to let it soak in.  First impressions will always be awkward because any change from what's been established in one's mind raises a red flag.

The only part of Lucas's performance I would actually criticize is the first Iris call, around 0:42, only because Zero's facial expression seems stronger than the vocal.  But the scene overall is a vast improvement.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: January 16, 2009, 11:00:17 PM
You know... I demand Protodude relay to Lucas the suggestion of recording "I am the Messiah! Hahahaha!"

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Reply #60 on: January 17, 2009, 12:12:31 AM
You know... I demand Protodude relay to Lucas the suggestion of recording "I am the Messiah! Hahahaha!"

XD I shall see what I can do

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: January 17, 2009, 01:15:09 AM
Better yet: See if you can get him to record for us "Hi, I'm Lucas Gilbertson, the voice of Zero, and you're browsing Rockman Perfect Memories" so I can embed it in the home page. XD

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: January 17, 2009, 02:07:49 AM

I for one, would have picked Jack Merluzzi for the part, but I would like to see if Lucas could pull it off...

If so, I would suggest a slightly deeper and more powerful, absolute ruler-type voice...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 03:17:40 AM by Night »

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: January 17, 2009, 02:31:42 AM
That line is very tricky.

Is Omega mocking Zero?
Or is Omega asserting his status?

I'd almost take it as mocking Zero since he laughs right afterwards.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: January 17, 2009, 04:01:24 AM
That line is very tricky.

Is Omega mocking Zero?
Or is Omega asserting his status?

I'd almost take it as mocking Zero since he laughs right afterwards.
What if hes doing BOTH?

Posted on: January 16, 2009, 09:59:55 PM
F*ck yes. that would be pretty cool.
Better yet: See if you can get him to record for us "Hi, I'm Lucas Gilbertson, the voice of Zero, and you're browsing Rockman Perfect Memories" so I can embed it in the home page. XD
I would LOVE that. plus it would make our site all the more cooler.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: January 17, 2009, 04:52:02 AM
I think I preferred the videos where Zero was screaming "CHOCOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!"

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #66 on: January 17, 2009, 05:52:34 AM
this is because you enjoy "lol so randum XD"

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: January 17, 2009, 05:57:23 AM

If we were to have him record something for the site, I think we need to fit in a "It's Not Over Yet" or "Sounds Like Maverick Talk To Me!" in there somewhere!  XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: January 17, 2009, 05:58:53 AM
He responded to a comment I made. So I asked if well be lucky enough to have more redubs from him.
lets see if he answers~

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #69 on: January 17, 2009, 07:01:09 AM
If we were to have him record something for the site, I think we need to fit in a "It's Not Over Yet" or "Sounds Like Maverick Talk To Me!" in there somewhere!  XD
Silly PB, you forgot one:
"Get ready!"
If I weren't in a good mood you'd have met my magic fish for that one. :P

Oh, and running through the comments, I found a new sig quote. 8)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: January 17, 2009, 07:43:29 AM
He responded to a comment I made. So I asked if well be lucky enough to have more redubs from him.
lets see if he answers~

Now if he can redub Dr. Light!

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
Reply #71 on: January 17, 2009, 09:27:11 AM
Well now, here's a fun little comment Lucas made in regards to Mark Gatha (X):

I tried to track him down myself but according to the studio he's apparently a doctor in Nova Scotia now :( who would've thought?

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: January 17, 2009, 09:56:21 AM
Protodude, two things.

1. Have you been able to contact him to record the little line for the front page? While I'm perfectly content with an audio record, if at all possible try to convince him to record a small video of himself saying that. :) Either is fine anyway, so let him choose.

2. Try suggesting to him to come around and sign up at RPM, and then let someone like me or any of the staffers know (so only we know he's here and he doesn't get too bothered). We could do all sorts of awesome things if he were to be prowling the site undercover. XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: January 17, 2009, 05:17:37 PM
If he were a member here, id feel so special.
Well now, here's a fun little comment Lucas made in regards to Mark Gatha (X):

wow. does that mean no more Gatha? :\

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: January 17, 2009, 06:20:58 PM
Just a little thing I want to tell you. I´m now one of Lucas friends, he appears to me like a man who want to delight the people by his voice acting talents. However, we shouldn´t always see in him Zero, but also his real person.  I like to see more from him his normal life, if he like to present himself to us. However since he made himself available for any mortal on Youtube, there is the change that he might get abused by the wrong people and I fear, that will happen someday.
I asked him, if he want to join us. He highly consider it. So if he does it, don´t overrun him with greetings or somethings like that. Threat him like any new member.
He is as special like us, so don´t worship him, but congratulate him for getting the right to voice Zero.