Rockman Online artwork and details.

Turian · 97622

Aresian

Reply #425 on: November 28, 2010, 02:52:59 AM
Her "wings" are her hair, that's not at all believable.  And this is saying a lot from fans who swallow cyber-elves.

All Classic-characters were shown to wall-kick in the arcade games, they simply can't wall-climb.  They could do something like Buckfire's Canyon Jump without raising too many eyebrows.

Could've sworn she had wings on her back. Guess I'm crazy. I haven't looked at her back in a while though, so yeah.

And true. I dunno if it'd still work so well in a platformer sense, but I guess we'll see.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #426 on: November 28, 2010, 03:18:13 AM
Duo, Bass and Protoman can all dash. (which is why I just thought it a let down that in 9 and 10 they made him simply slide) Rock is the only who cant. (never could guess why the PROTOTYPE can while the improved model cant.  Wall kick they all can, and a Buckfire type wall kick but no cling is definitely possible.

I'd be cool if more of the Command Mission cast besides Cinnamon made it in.

Also, I'd support playable Signas in all seriousness if only to see what combat type he would be. I mean appearance would make you think something like colonel, with a saber, but hey, you never know.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #427 on: November 28, 2010, 03:48:44 AM
I'd rather take the actual Colonel, 'specially since we already saw both his silhouette and Iris.

On Signas, the trailer shows him looking stressed after talking to shadowy (human?) guys.  Apparently we're witnessing some form of government outside of the Hunters putting pressure on him, and if that's the case, then he can FINALLY stay at the Hunter Base without being written off as doing absolutely nothing.  As long as he's not reduced to the cheerleader that he was in X8, I'm fine.

On ProtoMan, IIRC, him being a "prototype" of a fighting robot is mainly a RubySpears thing.  In the games he is a "prototype" of a humanoid robot, later modified for combat by Wily.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Aresian

Reply #428 on: November 28, 2010, 06:31:39 AM
I get what you're saying, but such a barrier is not set in stone.  And that it even exists is kind of a letdown for me, as I believe I mentioned somewhere earlier.  If we've had 16 distinct player types in ZX Advent, a MegaMan platformer, then we should not be limited to "maybe 7 or 8" in what was originally planned to be a MegaMan MMO.

Either I missed this part or you editted your post. Anyway. While I agree that it shouldn't exist, I do believe it does. They said themselves that they are only adding "x" amount more. This is subject to change as is all things before something is finalized sure. But even so... something tells me they won't be giving us much. The downgraded it to a MORPG. The style they are shooting for resembles Grand Chase-esque games. Mind you, I want to be hopeful. So... yeah.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #429 on: November 28, 2010, 10:58:18 PM
I'd rather take the actual Colonel, 'specially since we already saw both his silhouette and Iris.

On Signas, the trailer shows him looking stressed after talking to shadowy (human?) guys.  Apparently we're witnessing some form of government outside of the Hunters putting pressure on him, and if that's the case, then he can FINALLY stay at the Hunter Base without being written off as doing absolutely nothing.  As long as he's not reduced to the cheerleader that he was in X8, I'm fine.

On ProtoMan, IIRC, him being a "prototype" of a fighting robot is mainly a RubySpears thing.  In the games he is a "prototype" of a humanoid robot, later modified for combat by Wily.
I still cant help but find the notion of Signas calling down a giant weapon of mass destruction to attack hillarious.

Also, my point was that he was basically Rock's prototype, combat aside. Wily modified the prototype for combat, learning Light's tricks from the process, enabling him to pull off R1. Rock is then modified by Light for combat. Now, I don't exactly remember if Protoman even slid in 3 and 5, but the point is eventually he could suddenly dash. Unless he always could. but by that moment, Rock still cant.

Maybe its just differences in how Wily and Light make combat robots, (which we know differences exist) but I just found it somewhat odd that where everyone else has an advanced acceleration system, Light never thought to improve Rock's own, leaving it instead for X. (who mind you, doesn't even have it enabled initially)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #430 on: November 29, 2010, 02:19:40 AM
ProtoMan did slide in 3.

Him dashing is mainly an arcade thing.  I THINK he did so in 7, not sure.  Either way it's a small percentage of his appearances.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 04:07:28 AM by Hypershell »

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #431 on: November 29, 2010, 04:19:05 AM
ProtoMan did slide in 3.

What? I don't think so.

Him dashing is mainly an arcade thing.  I THINK he did so in 7, not sure.  Either way it's a small percentage of his appearances.

He did so in 7, then the two arcade titles. That's three appearances, TWO which are a PLAYABLE FORM. I'd say its pretty substantial.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #432 on: November 30, 2010, 12:02:09 AM
ProtoMan did slide in 3.

When?!  All I remember him doing is jumping around and firing.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #433 on: November 30, 2010, 12:59:11 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #434 on: November 30, 2010, 01:19:30 AM
Looking at Sprites inc, he didnt Dash till the Arcade games, or slide until 9.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #435 on: November 30, 2010, 02:23:13 AM

All he did was make a hole in the ground he was standing on, I might add.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #436 on: November 30, 2010, 02:27:17 AM
Sprites Inc shows that he did indeed dash in MM7, just for clarification.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #437 on: November 30, 2010, 02:56:43 AM
Zero crosses his legs while he sits down?

owob

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #438 on: November 30, 2010, 03:25:44 AM
Sprites Inc shows that he did indeed dash in MM7, just for clarification.
And that. slipped my mind

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #439 on: December 04, 2010, 04:06:57 AM
What? I don't think so.
My apologies.  For how often I play 3, that's shameful.  I must have been half-asleep.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #440 on: December 24, 2010, 11:17:33 PM
Right from the RO blog-

X series + Duo. I just awesomegasam'd

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #441 on: December 25, 2010, 01:00:57 AM
That has to be the awesomest bit of official art featuring Duo that I've ever seen. Too bad it's not really him arg buzzkill

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #442 on: December 25, 2010, 01:33:09 AM
That looks like a AT field. awesome!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #443 on: December 25, 2010, 02:21:39 AM
Right from the RO blog-

X series + Duo. I just awesomegasam'd

Ahhhhhhh X. Pushed to the back yet again!

Still though, awesome poster!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #444 on: December 25, 2010, 06:05:39 AM
Well, he IS a ranged fighter. It kinda makes sense.

Aresian

Reply #445 on: December 25, 2010, 07:07:12 AM
Yeeeah, they're kinda fulfilling their MMORPG roles in that poster well. Duo as Tank, Zero as Melee DMG Dealer, Cinnamon as Healer and X as Ranged DMG Dealer.

I think it's a fantastic portrayal of what to expect.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #446 on: December 25, 2010, 07:31:33 AM
Nice poster, also lol at PB comment.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #447 on: December 25, 2010, 09:22:32 AM
Lol, I can get where he's coming from though. X doesn't get enough love from Cappy.

But like Fence said, its a pretty accurate description of their battle types. Tank, melee, mid range healer, and ranged.

Cinnamon herself is a melee fighter when she isn't healing. But since she's primarily a healing type, her ideal position would be just where she is. Mid range. Close enough to get up close and personal if she needs to, but far back enough to be able to heal from a distance.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #448 on: December 25, 2010, 02:41:45 PM
Looking at the poster, it makes me realize Duo should be replaced with Massimo, and Marino should be added in.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #449 on: December 25, 2010, 06:46:23 PM
Marino would be thief type I guess. Either that or Melee. And yeah I suppose. Though its still awesome to see Duo getting some awesome action.