Hopefully you do.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #1151 on: May 03, 2015, 07:27:03 AM
Ultron stole the show, honestly.
Pretty much. Like I said, James Spader's mocap... super creepy.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1152 on: May 04, 2015, 12:20:07 AM
Those are the trailers you got?

We got Ant-Man, Pitch Perfect 2 (ugh), Mad Max and Star Wars (Which they just showed the teaser from the beginning of the year, not the newer trailer that came out last month. -AC)

Ultron stole the show, honestly.

I can't remember much about the other trailers, some comedy about dancer/singers that made me dumber from just watching, some generic sci-fi movie that has wannabe terminators and horror movie that I mostly ignored.

The marvel ones and star wars stood out mostly.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1153 on: May 04, 2015, 12:44:26 AM
some comedy about dancer/singers that made me dumber from just watching

Yeah, that was Pitch perfect 2. AKA a sequel that nobody asked for to a movie that was just riding on the coattails of Bridesmaids (lol it has a fat chick and she cracks wise just like the one in bridesmaids how funni lol like us please).

But yeah, it looked about as funny as a brick getting tossed in your windshield.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1154 on: May 04, 2015, 01:19:10 AM
A brick that goes through the windshield hits you in the face bounces off the wall and hits you in the face again. Thankfully out of the full house of people in the cinema all I heard where mocking comments and awkward chuckles.

Faith in humanity restored (?)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1155 on: May 10, 2015, 04:53:20 AM
People say Ultron stole the show, but here I am after watching the movie, impressed at how they handled Hawkeye.

Poor guy gets overshadowed by everyone else on the team and I loved how they addressed it. Great way to add layers to his character.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1156 on: May 10, 2015, 06:30:34 AM
One of my main problems with the movie was Ultron.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1157 on: May 10, 2015, 01:44:04 PM
People say Ultron stole the show, but here I am after watching the movie, impressed at how they handled Hawkeye.

Poor guy gets overshadowed by everyone else on the team and I loved how they addressed it. Great way to add layers to his character.

Yeah, having Hawkeye be a greater focus really made up for his lack of presence in the first film.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1158 on: May 17, 2015, 05:27:15 AM
Thus far, Mad Max: Fury Road is my favorite movie of the year. It's everything I wanted and more. So [tornado fang]ing fantastic. So [tornado fang]ing insane. Loved it.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1159 on: May 18, 2015, 09:42:07 AM
Okay, it's been almost two days now and I cannot get this movie out of my mind. So I'm gonna write a small review for it quickly.

You see, the art of cinema is totally about immersing yourself into a make-believe fantasy world. The characters, the visuals, etc. It has been a long time since I felt this way. I mean hey, I love the Marvel movies immensely. They are a window into the comic books I grew up reading and so on. However these movies have been going on now for some time and I pretty much know what I'm getting in terms of characters, visual effects, and all that. Again, there's nothing wrong with it but there's a reason why I was looking forward to Mad Max more so than Avengers, Ant-Man, or even Star Wars to a certain degree. From the trailers alone, Mad Max looked different and somewhat crazy. And it was.

If you don't know this by now, you know that Quickie has a certain aversion to CGI. It's definitely necessary, but sometimes it's not needed. It's easy and it can take away from the feel of a film. Bad CGI can take you right out of a movie, as can bad creature costumes and such. The best comparison I can look at is the difference between the movie Aliens and the movie Alien: Resurrection. In one movie, the Xenomorphs look and feel alive and scary/exciting. In the other, made years later, it does not. Granted, the latter flick would have still been awful with practical creature effects, but at least they'd get points for basic cinematography. Quickie is right. While certain things need CGI, just about everything uses it nowadays and it can feel stale at times. There is a lot to be said for just incredible make up and knowing something is built by hand instead of just computer images and the like.

Mad Max: Fury Road is what happens when you have the budget of a big blockbuster and decide to use as little CGI as possible and just say "[tornado fang] it, let's go nuts!" This movie is nuts. It's suppose to be nuts. It feels nuts. The crazy car designs in this movie are real. They are built and they work. The stunt work is insane and incredible and real. No CGI. The pyrotechnics are real. Things are actually on fire. The [spoiler]FLAME-THROWER GUITAR AND AMP TRUCK USED AS A 'LITTLE DRUMMER BOY' SCENARIO TO RALLY THE TROOPS INTO BATTLE [tornado fang]ing WORKS. IT PLAYS GUITAR AND SHOOTS FIRE![/spoiler] It feels dangerous and crazy. It immerses you in its psychotic, post-apocalyptic world. The tagline is "The future belongs to the mad!" and you will feel that while watching it. The cinematography, the stunts, the costumes, the music, the everything just bring you into an insane world and it is glorious. It's over-the-top and we all win because of it.

This movie is what I've been wanting from pure action schlock for so very long, and that is simplicity. The crux of a good plot is if you can explain it and break it down to one, simple sentence. Action movies do not need to be complicated. They need to have a simple plot, interesting/likeable characters, and adrenaline pumping action. A fuckton of action movies nowadays simply try too hard to be more than what they are. This movie is just one long, intense chase scene with over-the-top insane, beautiful stunt work. Little to no CGI. It feels real and intense. If you love action movies, you really owe it to yourself to see this. It's the best action movie in the past 10-15 years, and one of the best of all time.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1160 on: May 20, 2015, 07:28:15 AM
I watched Birdman.

It was pretty [tornado fang]ing trippy, but good trippy. The ending was confusing, although I understand what they were trying to convey... I guess?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1161 on: May 20, 2015, 08:41:23 AM
Loved Birdman

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1162 on: May 25, 2015, 10:47:33 AM
It's a shame no one I know understood Birdman, haha

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1163 on: May 26, 2015, 01:07:38 AM
I understood Birdman and the psychological degeneration it was trying to demonstrate. But even then, the ending still left me tilting my head.

I'm guessing that ending was made to be interpreted in different ways, depending on the viewer.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1164 on: June 14, 2015, 08:24:16 AM
I just got home from seeing Jurassic World.

Holy [tornado fang] did I not like it.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1165 on: June 14, 2015, 09:49:52 AM
The trailers never looked appealing to me.

Not even Chris Pratt could save the film, apparently.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1166 on: June 14, 2015, 11:03:57 AM
Chris Pratt was awesome. Most of the dinosaur scenes were awesome.

...the fact that half the movie is focused on these kids is just......I don't understand.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1167 on: June 14, 2015, 02:01:12 PM
Oh, yea, the plot with the kids was eh. But the raptors more than made up for that.

I saw it in 3d. That was pretty cool.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1168 on: June 16, 2015, 10:53:21 PM
I heard from a friend that the stuff with the kids was very very forced and that some things come up that get dropped almost immediately.

But that the action and dinosaurs were good.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1169 on: June 16, 2015, 11:22:28 PM
Oh, I completely forgot! When I went to see Jurassic World, I had to sit through an extended preview of Terminator Genisys, that basically spoiled the majority of what happens. Not [tornado fang]ing happy about that.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1170 on: June 20, 2015, 07:05:42 AM
I liked Jurassic World.

I'd say its the best of the sequels.

if it has a failing id say the characters feel too disjointed.

the reason the first one works so well is that from the start these characters get to know each other, and THEN are tossed to the winds and scattered.

that said, i didnt really have a problem with the kids. Could have been better, but they werent as terribly offensive as say, Malcom's daughter in the second.

the references to the first movie I thought were fairly tasteful, they didnt overstay their welcome, which was the way it should be.

I loved the endning, the final shot was particularly great, honestly it was the best ending they could have done

the actual character ending not so much. I know Jurassic park movies never really have big dramatic long character endings, (usually just the characters getting taken off the island) but this one felt particularly like certain issues brought up in the movie, arent resolved as well as they could have.

Masrani was fairly more likable than i expected him to be. He definitely channels the Hammond something fierce.

over all, considering the premise is literally Jurassic park 20 years later, I liked it. 9/10, would see again.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1171 on: July 12, 2015, 06:00:25 AM
http://youtu.be/QD08_d3JIqU

Oh my [tornado fang]

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1172 on: July 12, 2015, 01:03:04 PM
Yeah. Looks pretty awesome. Not to mention they're exploring an aspect of Superman that I've always felt needed a bit more exploration.

Also, saw Inside Out last Wed. Really really really good. Pixar crafted a brilliant movie right there.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1173 on: July 12, 2015, 09:13:14 PM
Yeah. Looks pretty awesome. Not to mention they're exploring an aspect of Superman that I've always felt needed a bit more exploration.

Also, saw Inside Out last Wed. Really really really good. Pixar crafted a brilliant movie right there.

I'm assuming the suit with the writing "Joke's On You, Batman" formerly belonged to Jason Todd. I wonder if this means we'll get a brief cameo or mention of the Red Hood.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1174 on: July 12, 2015, 11:23:32 PM
Yeah, that was my guess as well.