At The Movies With RPM

Protoman Blues · 198160

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: November 26, 2008, 03:07:57 AM
This WILL be seen OPENING [tornado fang]ing DAY!

Oh yeah, also NSFW, due to it being a Red Band Trailer, and containing tits and cursing!   8D

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 05:39:37 AM
I got back from watching Bolt in 3D.  It was cute, funny, and awesome.  Loved it!  The animation was nice, and I liked the fur texture.  It's your usual fun-for-the-whole-family animated romp, but it was funny and the plotline was decent (like The Truman Show, only not and with a mostly-animal main cast).  Though, if you can, definetly see it in 3D.  It is totally worth it in 3D.  It was totally worth driving three towns over to the only theatre that has 3D showings just to see it!

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 05:41:31 AM
There's a 3D version? o__O Well, I was not planning on watching Bolt, but because of you I may give it a chance now =/

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 28, 2008, 05:42:03 AM
Yeah, I've been meaning to see Bolt after my friend's review of it on his Podcast.  I also need to go see JCVD.  Perhaps I'll talk my friend into seeing that tomorrow night.

For my Thanksgiving viewing pleasure, the 'rents and I watched The Wizard of Oz and then The Incredibles.  Both movies are timeless classics in my eyes.

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: November 28, 2008, 10:16:48 PM
Watched the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre yesterday. That movie has one of the best buildups to an ending ever. I was really impressed with it, the movie was at first slow but then the tension became faster and faster until I realized that the movie was over already. That usually means that I saw a very good movie.

Sure it's not as scary back in 1974 for me, but there is a high level of intense to be found. And the impact still hasn't been broken.

Flok's favorites:

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #30 on: November 28, 2008, 10:26:44 PM
Yeah, I've been meaning to see Bolt after my friend's review of it on his Podcast.  I also need to go see JCVD.  Perhaps I'll talk my friend into seeing that tomorrow night.

For my Thanksgiving viewing pleasure, the 'rents and I watched The Wizard of Oz and then The Incredibles.  Both movies are timeless classics in my eyes.

Ironically, I just watched that last night. it is indeed one of the better 3D movies out there, aside from the current Bionicle Trilogy. (yes, I was in that feitish  8D)

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: December 09, 2008, 03:19:48 AM
was watching channel 68... (hispanic channel. it shows movies at night) and watched "Penn and Teller get killed" I must say I lol'd at the absurdity of its ending.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: December 09, 2008, 08:05:42 AM
"Penn and Teller get killed"
The world is a sadder place now... XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: December 09, 2008, 07:34:49 PM
This post is not exactly about a movie, but rather about those who act in them.

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/celebrity/article5279807.ece

I. CAN'T. WAIT.

The inner pervert in me is unable to restrain himself from sending a threat letter to Bernardo Bertolucci now. D:

Note: you'll have to read the article very closely to get my point. ;)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: December 14, 2008, 07:39:56 AM
Ok, I just finished watching the Speed Racer movie. I SERIOUSLY regret not watching it in theaters, I [tornado fang]ing loved it 8) The races were awesome, the "action" was hilarious, cars exploded, everything was great.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: December 18, 2008, 04:28:07 AM
Ok, I just finished watching the Speed Racer movie. I SERIOUSLY regret not watching it in theaters, I [tornado fang]ing loved it 8) The races were awesome, the "action" was hilarious, cars exploded, everything was great.

Oh I'm a huge fan of the Speed Racer movie. 

Apparently, the live action Avatar: The Last Airbender movie is attracting a lot of hate for it's casting.

Now, I've never seen Avatar: TLA, but judging from what they are talking about, I could definitely see why.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #36 on: December 18, 2008, 04:39:07 AM

Apparently, the live action Avatar: The Last Airbender movie is attracting a lot of hate for it's casting.

Now, I've never seen Avatar: TLA, but judging from what they are talking about, I could definitely see why.

This is one of those epic failures trying to leech of a hit franchise. shame that they can't hire the actors that played the humans in Transformers TLA.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: December 18, 2008, 08:03:13 AM

Currently watching Avatar, loving it...
Movie, great!

Casting...
What is he thinking!?

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: December 18, 2008, 07:46:22 PM
Took me a while, but I watched Batman Begins recently. Wow. It was fantastic! If it wasn't for Heath Ledger's spectacular Joker performance, I'd probably prefer Begins over Dark Knight. =3

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: December 26, 2008, 02:57:38 AM
Well recently saw 7 Pounds.  I know alot of reviews didn't like it via rottentomatoes, but I just happen to be in the latter that did liked the movie for what it is.  It hit me nicely.  I did wanted to cry a couple o' times.

So yeah, I really liked it, not sure about you guys, it's not for everyone.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: December 26, 2008, 05:41:41 AM
Well, after setting up the new Entertainment center downstairs, we watched WALL-E on Blu-Ray.  I seriously love that movie.  It's so beautiful.  I truly believe that Pixar is the best movie studio out there right now.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: December 26, 2008, 07:13:33 AM
Just saw Dark knight. (late to the party i know...)
Oh, man... was that somethin' else! I truly love how Heath did the Joker. I mean, he truly blew ol' Jack outta the water. and 2 face was pretty cool too... although 2 things that shouldnt be able to happen. 1, Harvy dent's left eye couldnt possibly survive without an eyelid, and its a wonder it survived combustion in the first place, and 2nd, how can he talk right with a hole in his left cheek?
but still, pretty suspensefull. I dug it.

Posted on: December 26, 2008, 12:20:35 AM
Say, Am I the only one who thinks a Live action Batman Beyond movie would kick so much ass?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: December 26, 2008, 07:17:16 AM
Say, Am I the only one who thinks a Live action Batman Beyond movie would kick so much ass?

If it were done better/differently, yeah, I'd definitely go for it. I liked both Batman Beyond and the Batman Animated Series.

As it is, though, it's been a less accepted sequel/side story to the main Batman line. Never got to see all that much press or fame.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: December 26, 2008, 08:56:09 AM
Which is a pity. it was good. (IMO)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: December 27, 2008, 11:09:39 PM
Batman Beyond was probably the only Batman show that didn't give me a killer headache in the middle of the day. It was fun action compared to the seriousness of B:TAS. I would personally love to see a BB Movie. ;)

On the Other hand, I just got around to watching Tropic Thunder last night. What a funny movie, From start to finish, all laughs. 8)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: December 29, 2008, 05:00:19 AM
Resident Evil Degeneration ain't bad, says this casual fan of RE. characters looked good. the dub was spot on, and next to no cheese factor, actually. only thing is that there's too many scenes that are in near perfect dark.

[spoiler]also, no Wesker.[/spoiler]

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: December 29, 2008, 05:05:54 AM
I saw Bed Time Stories on Friday it was a fun movie and very smart too...but I can't believe someone could be so evil to do something that I won't mention here so I won't ruin the movie.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: December 29, 2008, 07:29:42 AM
Saw Spirit w/ friends today (I also drank Sake for the first time, and honestly, I wanna drink more!  8D ).

In short, Spirit is a PURE fun and sweet movie.  I highly enjoyed it and Samuel L Jackson still KICKS TONS OF ASS, you can easily tell he had TONS OF FUN acting as the Octopus :)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: December 29, 2008, 08:06:25 AM
My friend said the movie is unwatchably bad.  XD

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: December 29, 2008, 08:09:07 AM