The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 726461

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #4950 on: May 05, 2016, 10:59:22 AM
My copy of Future Perfect just arrived in the post, so I'll be splitting my time between that, Metroid Prime and Toadstool Tour for the forseeable future, I think.

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4951 on: May 05, 2016, 10:12:36 PM
Overwatch is fun and Tracer is really easy for a TF2 Scout main like me. I wouldn't call myself a Soldier main still, but counterpart Pharah is also rather natural for me. I can even forgive the rocket jump equivalent having a cooldown. Still not buying for some $60+ though.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4952 on: May 05, 2016, 11:17:33 PM
OKAY. I'm playing this game called Pocket Card Jockey and HOLY [tornado fang] IT'S ADDICTIVE AS [parasitic bomb]!!!!!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4953 on: May 05, 2016, 11:21:36 PM
GameFreak does it again. Like, how would Solitaire and horse racing ever work together? But GF figured out how to make it.

Game also has a good sense of humor. I mean I've only played the demo BUT STILL

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #4954 on: May 13, 2016, 10:07:41 AM
I'm finally up to MGSV, my friend helped me blow through 3 and 4 (and I watched him plow through Rising) and holy [parasitic bomb] they weren't kidding about cutscenes in 4 god [tornado fang]ing dammit.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4955 on: May 13, 2016, 10:53:01 AM
I'm finally up to MGSV, my friend helped me blow through 3 and 4 (and I watched him plow through Rising) and holy [parasitic bomb] they weren't kidding about cutscenes in 4 god [tornado fang]ing dammit.

Welcome to the most non-canon MGS. Have fun. Or don't. Because you won't.

You should finish V and then play Rising for yourself to wash the taste out of your mouth.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4956 on: May 14, 2016, 11:27:48 PM
D00M 4 is pretty good. Though it takes some dicking around with all the settings to get it just right.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4957 on: May 14, 2016, 11:38:20 PM
D00M 4 is pretty good. Though it takes some dicking around with all the settings to get it just right.

Laaaame, they ripped off Big Hero 6

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC49uRsKmR8[/yt]

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4958 on: May 15, 2016, 03:24:36 AM
Mega Man Star Force. Stuck doing sidequests because I'm nearing the end of the game and I haven't done any of them yet lol

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4959 on: May 18, 2016, 01:15:45 AM
Decided to finally start up the two Shantae games I have with Risky's Revenge. Before going in I figured the zombie girl Rottytops would be my favourite character and I was quickly assured such.

Also I'm not sure if spamming backdash is faster ala Castlevania but hell if I won't try anyway.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4960 on: May 18, 2016, 01:39:54 AM
Probably not. At the very least, backdashing in Castlevania feels a lot more satisfying.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4961 on: May 18, 2016, 01:50:39 AM
I finished Star Force. Really don't want to go to Star Force 2 because it is bleh.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #4962 on: May 18, 2016, 08:25:40 AM
Welcome to the most non-canon MGS. Have fun. Or don't. Because you won't.

You should finish V and then play Rising for yourself to wash the taste out of your mouth.

Nah, V's Gameplay is nice. I mean yeah the whole parasite thing is dumb and a huge chunk of the game is just gone but my friend pretty much just blasted through the important stuff with cheat weapons anyway so it was all good.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4963 on: May 18, 2016, 09:18:28 AM
Oh yeah, V's gameplay is sublime. Only problem is that it's not a real Metal Gear game.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4964 on: May 24, 2016, 07:34:10 AM
I found my copy of Explorers of Darkness! I actually do have a gripe with this game though that I don't remember being an issue before. I really hate how the game needs to give you a flashback cutscene to something that happened literally minutes - if not seconds before. Like, consistently.

Otherwise it's as good as I remember it.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #4965 on: May 28, 2016, 04:25:48 AM
Rodea the Sky Soldier, trying both Wii and WiiU versions.  Might have liked the WiiU version if only Yuji Naka had heard of option screens that let you invert the y axis. :\

That and I really don't know what it is with Wii-to-WiiU ports that ignore the Wii remote's functionality.  The game is controlled by a reticule in all versions, why would you NOT keep the remote's pointer on WiiU?

Wii version has far superior cover art, I will say that much (yay for reversible jackets).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4966 on: June 03, 2016, 03:47:07 AM
Tomorrow I'm starting the 2016 edition of something really dumb I do every year: beat 30 games in 30 days. As usual these games vary in length and difficulty, though the great majority will be short and not extremely tough. There are also a few blind games.

The main idea of this marathon is to kinda force myself to play games I've been meaning to play for a while, so a lot of these will be super rusty. I also never repeat games from previous marathons (with the exception of MM3 which is my favorite videogame). It's getting a little tricky to choose representation from certain franchises now. Here's the list:

[spoiler]PS1-3
Castlevania Chronicles
Devil May Cry 4
Double Dragon Neon
DuckTales Remastered
Mega Man X8
Metal Gear Rising
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Resident Evil 4 (Separate Ways)
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Silent Hill 3

Nintendo systems
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Luigi's Mansion
Mega Man 3
Mega Man ZX Advent
** Mighty Final Fight
Rockin' Kats
Star Fox 2
Star Fox 64
** Super Mario Land
Wave Race 64

Genesis
Bare Knuckle 3
Blades of Vengeance
Jewel Master
** ToeJam & Earl
Quack Shot

PC
MegaMari
Nezumiman
Ninja Senki
RosenkreuzStilette
RosenkreuzStilette Freudenstachel[/spoiler]

The PC games are all Mega Man clones that I've only beaten once or twice. I may get my ass kicked. MegaMari was brutal last I played it. Also worried about how long Majora's Mask and Razor's Edge will take. ** Blind games... both SML1 and Mighty Final Fight should be brute force-able, right? No idea what I'm getting into with ToeJam & Earl, but it's a popular game that looks weird and I already like that. I can't consider Separate Ways a blind playthrough because I've beaten it before (~9 years ago), but I remember nothing about it. Still, it's RE4. Shouldn't be too much trouble.

Let's do this! \o/

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #4967 on: June 08, 2016, 06:50:33 AM
Transformers Devastation.
AKA, the game where Grimlock is unlocked at Chapter 3 just so that players remember that there are other characters you can play as.

The game is fun but really freaking hard.  Enemies attack extremely quickly, are stunned by nearly nothing once you get a few chapters in, and the game has no lock-on function so during a hectic fight you basically have to mash the L2 button without actually holding it to stay focused on your enemy (that Blitzwing battle...).  It is a not at all uncommon occurrence to perfect-dodge an attack, retaliate in your time-slowing focused state, only for the enemy to punish you for being in the middle of a combo/heavy attack lag the very split-second time returns to normal.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4968 on: June 08, 2016, 09:58:38 AM
I finished Dark Souls. At last. 99 hours in plus whatever I logged on the xbox on seperate runs. So I'm gonna take a short break to focus on WoW then maybe move on to Shadowrun Dragonfall or Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #4969 on: June 08, 2016, 10:57:32 AM
Trying (and failing) to beat the Expert course on Super Monkey Ball whenever I'm not trying to deal with Battle Stadium D.O.N's bass-ackwards unlock system.

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4970 on: June 13, 2016, 03:58:56 AM
My brother bought me DS2 so I'm back on that.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4971 on: June 13, 2016, 04:20:39 AM
About to start my FF5 Four Job Fiesta run with Chaos rules on my stream. No idea what to expect.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4972 on: June 13, 2016, 04:22:15 AM
Oh god, is that like the Randomizer in Pokemon?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4973 on: June 13, 2016, 04:25:04 AM
I have no idea. The basic Four Job Fiesta run has you go to the Wind Crystal, tweet to Gilgabot #Wind and get a Wind job, then #Water for water and so on and so forth. There are various other types of runs (Natural which means Bartz keeps the Wind job because he has the Wind crystal's essence, and so on for the other three, Upgrade which means you get your Wind job then when you tweet Gilgabot #Water you can no longer use the Wind job, or Classic which means you only get the FF1 jobs, etc.)

But Chaos? Yeah the only person who knows how Chaos works is the guy running the Fiesta and he ain't telling. People were saying how it worked last year, but the guy running it straight up said "The thing about Chaos is that it doesn't have the stay the same mechanically from year to year" or something like that. So I have no idea what to expect. The official site literally only describes it as "The player will be assigned jobs."

Outside of that? IT IS A MYSTERY

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4974 on: June 13, 2016, 04:29:40 AM
Ooh boy better prepare for anything. 

I can't imagine running the entire game with a Party Member on Berserker.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection