Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: May 08, 2010, 03:54:42 PM
Use your... IMAGINATION 8D

Oh, and that Dr. Light.
I'm not against him in any way... However, the way he explained stuff... Sounds like the douche Light we all know and loathe. XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline kosmos

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: May 08, 2010, 05:18:18 PM
Wily ruined the movie for me, he look and sound like Hitler's leprous brother, the actor was OK. A for the effort anyway. Given the budget is better than some game based movies with hollywood budget.

Willy typo lol

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: May 08, 2010, 07:30:52 PM
And the advertising, oh the random advertising.  XD

Probably the side-effect of an indie film :P

I loved the movie, but there were still some flaws that could've been worked out. The first one is the length and pace. Mega Man pretty much just owns the robot masters in less than 2 minutes, and while if they spent too much time on the fights, it may have ruined the movie, the problem still lies in that it's something that still should've been taken into account. The pace was also too long in other places, and just how it carries out over time. I understand you may need to pad a movie out for character development, but if you're going to do so, then don't let it drone on.

The second one was Dr. Light. He seemed (like Flame said) monotonous and dickish, but most of all, he seemed REALLY pretentious. He kinda seemed to put in more drama than what was needed, and seemed fond of using rather big words when they weren't needed. There's also the fact that his actions in the beginning seemed to justify Wily getting pissed off; he flat-out fires the man and during the interview he never bothers bringing him up that Wily helped out in such a big way, and at that point, all Wily REALLY wanted was just recognition and get a bit of fame and glory (and can you really blame him? They've just made technological marvels that may have just very well spat in the face of God and Wily just wants a "thank you" from the people).

Lastly, the sound effects. I understand that this isn't a Hollywood production, but there were many times I saw something going on but no sound, such as a fight with one of the Master Robots one of them would swing a punch and connect, but no sound whatsoever, no clanking or anything. At one point, the background music even just stops in the middle of a fight.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: May 08, 2010, 07:44:20 PM
Willy ruined the movie for me,
Willy
ruined the movie for me,

GTFO. He was the best performance IN the movie. What, never watched Ruby Spears Megaman?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Archer

Reply #79 on: May 08, 2010, 07:46:04 PM
lol opinions

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #80 on: May 08, 2010, 08:18:13 PM
kosmos didn't like Willy? Who's Willy? I know of Wily, but not this... Willy...

And I do agree with Pringer's points.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: May 08, 2010, 08:37:31 PM
http://hybridtwo.com/?p=179

Soundtrack download if anybody wants it.

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
    • Super Justin: The Blog
Reply #82 on: May 08, 2010, 09:36:52 PM
I just saw the film all the way through. It was definitely worth the wait.  0v0

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: May 09, 2010, 01:54:55 AM
Just finished the movie, typed a small review of it afterwards:

"Independent fan depiction of the Blue Bomber's first conflict with the mad scientist known as Dr.Wily. I didn't expect much after watching a trailer of the well known plot, but I was surprised with the amount of work put into this for an indy film. Video games to cinema movies are difficult to create from what we have all seen so far, but Mega Man manages to atleast get consistent with the franchise and yes, it is entertaining for the fans especially. I would not recommend this if you've never played any Mega Man game before though. The best character was Dr.Wily, while Dr.Light was unfitting and the robots themselves definitely were the least interesting, showing the difficulty between merging 2 industries. The dialogue was decent but some of the acting and sentences were awkward. I shouldn't criticize about anything else considering it's an independent product meant for entertainment, so in overall it was an alright movie. Hmm...who knows....maybe one day Capcom themselves will make an own movie about fighting for everlasting peace. Or perhaps even a great director such as Christopher Nolan could make it happen, what an amazing achievement that could be. Until then, I am more than happy enough with the video games."

Flok's favorites:

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: May 09, 2010, 02:08:45 AM
He was the best performance IN the movie.

Aside from the part where he switches at random from unable to be heard soft to mute the speakers loud?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: May 09, 2010, 03:07:48 AM
Aside from the part where he switches at random from unable to be heard soft to mute the speakers loud?
volume of his voice aside, yeah.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline kosmos

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: May 09, 2010, 07:28:43 AM
GTFO. He was the best performance IN the movie. What, never watched Ruby Spears Megaman?

I didn't say anything about the perfomance, read again.

And yes I made a typo, big deal.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: May 09, 2010, 07:33:23 AM
I dont see how he looked like Hitler...

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #88 on: May 09, 2010, 07:34:25 AM
kosmos, take a joke. Like I was serious about that. I have a habit of pointing out typos and commenting on them. Take it easy.

and I don't get the Hitler connection either...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: May 09, 2010, 08:03:05 AM
And saying he "sounded" like Hitler just because of the German accent, is kinda racist thar IMO.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #90 on: May 09, 2010, 08:05:52 AM
Yeah, it is.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: May 09, 2010, 08:07:49 AM
Wily Ideals vs Hitler? maybe. Both have delusions of world domination... On varying reasons though.

Offline kosmos

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: May 09, 2010, 09:39:20 AM
It's not a racist comment and you know it. Hunger for power and world domination, the way he lose his temper when things are not like he wanted (according to Hitler biographies) and the minor things like the accent and the moustache. You can't agree or disagree, is a matter of opinion.

kosmos, take a joke. Like I was serious about that. I have a habit of pointing out typos and commenting on them. Take it easy.

owob

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: May 09, 2010, 09:58:03 AM
It's not a racist comment and you know it. Hunger for power and world domination, the way he lose his temper when things are not like he wanted (according to Hitler biographies) and the minor things like the accent and the moustache. You can't agree or disagree, is a matter of opinion.

owob
Yeah, but basing it on "accent"? thats like, whut? many people with a German accent might sound like that. Dotn mean they sound like Hitler. :P And LOTS of evil villains  loose their cool when their plans are foiled. Just look at Eggman

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #94 on: May 09, 2010, 10:02:38 AM
I'm just going to mention that the "mad-scientist-with-world-domination-plans" stereotype is an old German guy.

Wily is a stereotype.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: May 09, 2010, 10:07:02 AM
http://hybridtwo.com/?p=179

Soundtrack download if anybody wants it.
Much appreciated. Even if it's mostly for the kickass renditions of Blues' theme.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: May 09, 2010, 10:14:29 AM
Ok, no more on the "racism" and all that related stuff.

Back to discussing the movie.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #97 on: May 09, 2010, 10:16:08 AM
I just realized... I don't think Wily ever repeatedly wiggled his eyebrows! BLASPHEMY! And the saucer was the wrong color.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: May 09, 2010, 10:18:26 AM
Oh btw about this BURUSUUUU PANCHIIIII!

Anyone got a gif for this I'm kinda curious.

Too lazy to watch right now.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #99 on: May 09, 2010, 10:19:34 AM
It does need to be made... lol

Wily, you have your next project! 8-bit BLUES PAUNCH! With the Blues sprite, of course! ^_^