The Blind Archer · 25403

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #150 on: March 01, 2013, 11:30:00 PM
[spoiler]Apparently Walhart is a vegetarian. Or so says his Barracks bio...[/spoiler]

Also this happened.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnKJlCoVbEE[/youtube]

yeah... i think my avatar might just be overpowered

just a bit

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #151 on: March 03, 2013, 05:14:17 AM
Well, I've tanked up a max-stats Mist and Marth.  Problem is, even the early levels of Lunatic are kicking my ass.

Maybe PoR/RD spoiled me, but I kind of empathize with the people who are not happy that relying on your "Jeigan" character is absolutely required.  As far as I'm concerned the pre-promoted unit is supposed to be for either emergency use, or sheer favoritism.  

My progress of Chapter 2 is best summarized by Frank Drebin's description of sex: "It's a painstaking arduous task that seems to go on and on forever, and just when you think things are going your way, nothing happens."

Not only must EVERY MOVE BE PERFECT even though you're dealing with 70-80% accuracy, but inevitably once you clear 2/3 of the map some idiot with a 50% hit, 6% critical decides to OHKO Frederick just to be a dick.

Posted on: March 01, 2013, 11:03:24 PM
Well, made it, eventually.  Thankfully, it seems Chapter 2 was the hardest thing about Lunatic.  3 is tricky to start, but if you can secure the Hammer, you've got it made.  4 was a cakewalk by comparison.

A few Golden Gaffe grinds later, and Marth and Mist are owning everything as planned.  We'll see if things get hairy in later Chapters...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: March 04, 2013, 11:16:41 PM
...I've now officially died more in ch2 on Hard than in the entirety of my Normal playthrough.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: March 07, 2013, 04:09:07 AM
Beat Lunatic today after having skipped all Paralogues (other than Morgan's recruitment).  Took a max stats Mist, max stats Marth w/ Parallel Falchion, near max M.U. (Sorceror), Chrom w/ Exalted Falchion, Olivia, and a fair amount of luck.

Then I got my first taste of Lunatic+.  I thought the game would wait a few chapters before dishing out those dreaded enemy-exclusive skills.  Not so.  Vantage+, Luna+, and Hawkeye are assigned randomly right from the Prologue.  There is no pre-set pattern to what enemy gets what skill, either.  At one point I started up and EVERY enemy in the vicinity had Luna+, half of them stacking Vantage+ on top of it.

>_< *reset*

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: March 07, 2013, 07:41:09 PM
Lost Bloodlines 2 (Starring Alm and the Demon Dread Fighter Class) and Infinite Regalia came out today.

We also get the Gaiden Bonus Box teams, which is a nice surprise to say the least since it means we'll probably get the teams for the other JP-Only games.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: March 09, 2013, 04:53:51 AM
Yay for the fact that we can finally get Ragnell (even if it's a throwing weapon now...?).

It'll be a while before I detour into DLC again, though.  Still trying to claw my way to Lunatic+'s Outrealm Gate (after a great many resets; randomly finding Soothing Sword and Eirika's Blade helps a LOT, but it's still a pain when everyone gets Counter/Aegis/Pavise-happy in Chapter 3).

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #156 on: March 13, 2013, 12:45:57 AM
so I did some research on the DLC and here are my findings

[16:19] <Mirbs> hmm
[16:20] <Mirbs> we appear to be getting the FE DLC in the same order that Japan did
[16:22] <Mirbs> maybe a bit more accelerated
[16:25] <Mirbs> but if this holds up... we may get the "Series 2" DLC as early as May
[16:25] <Mirbs> because we should receive the Smash Brethren DLC on 3/21, 3/28, and 4/4
[16:26] <Mirbs> Rogues and Redeemers should be 4/11, 4/18, and 4/25
[16:26] <Mirbs> this allows Series 2 to begin on 5/2
[16:27] <Mirbs> so by transferring the JP schedule (and using the names for the JP DLC since it hasn't been named here yet)
[16:28] <Mirbs> there was week break between the end of series 1 there, so more likely 5/9 if it holds up
[16:29] <Mirbs> so 5/9 should be Harvest of Bonds along with Border Between Life and Death
[16:30] <Mirbs> i'm sure they'll accelerate the schedule a bit to not leave us in the dark... maybe
[16:30] <Mirbs> if they do keep it weekly...
[16:30] <Mirbs> 5/16 would be The Five Annas
[16:31] <Mirbs> 5/23 would be Labyrinth Pursuit
[16:31] <Mirbs> 5/30 would kick off the Future of Despair series, with the other two episodes coming on 6/6 and 6/13
[16:32] <Mirbs> Summer of Bonds and Secret Spa of Bonds would hit on 6/20 and 6/27 respectively (perfect considering summer would just be starting)
[16:32] <Mirbs> and the final DLC, The Strongest One's Name, would hit on 7/4
[16:32] <Mirbs> Independence Day

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: March 14, 2013, 10:56:19 PM
They keep raising the price on the DLC.

And Smash Brethren 1 came out today, the pack is $6.50 as opposed to $6 like Lost Bloodlines was.

Archer

Reply #158 on: March 14, 2013, 11:06:19 PM
All you guys here and everyone else on the net talking about this game makes me sad, it isn't out yet here for another month.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #159 on: March 15, 2013, 12:34:14 AM
I'm just excited for Smash Brethren 3.

Finally, Lyn shall be in my party... with dat cool artwork

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: March 15, 2013, 12:46:16 AM
I'm just excited for Smash Brethren 3.

What are you talking about?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #161 on: March 15, 2013, 12:48:37 AM
It's a DLC that's likely coming in a few weeks.

The third and final chapter of the Smash Brethren DLC chapters.

That would be the Ike vs. Roy series, btw.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: March 15, 2013, 01:00:11 AM
Finally, Lyn shall be in my party... with dat cool artwork

Except she could've been in your party for forever now, just not with new artwork.

Anywho, Seliph looks [tornado fang]ing wierd in his artwork, but he comes with galeforce so that's a plus.
Elincia is of course a falcon knight, but I kinda like her artwork, its nice looking.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #163 on: March 15, 2013, 01:05:05 AM
That's why I specified the artwork. :P

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: April 12, 2013, 01:57:53 AM
First Series 2 DLC came out today.

Holy [parasitic bomb], this isn't fun.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: April 13, 2013, 06:55:21 AM
Well, all that Galeforce farming on Lunatic+ ought to come in handy about now. 8)

Should probably focus more on stats and less on supports in my grinding, though.  I've still yet to tackle the Rogues & Redeemers series; first I want to recruit the rest of the kids.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: April 19, 2013, 04:50:17 AM
Okay, I did eventually beat the Death's Embrace map, trick was to throw the liability that is Chrom into the healbox and have some lance users nearby (Chrom can use lances but I never bother to actually train him on those so he can only wield iron lances.) to kill the Swordbreaker Swordmasters that kept Astra'ing him to death.

Of course, once it ended I got Est in full form, low level, low stats, just like Amelia.

Oh, Limit Breaker is broken as [tornado fang]. It'll be nice to have characters with amazing stats to just go and kill everything.

Posted on: April 13, 2013, 12:01:47 AM
Five-Anna Firefight came out, completing the map with all 5 Anna's still alive earns you the Catria card.

Being a 5 star difficulty map, its reasonably hard. All 5 Annas are unmoving and unable to attack, and are standing on Hazard panels that will take 10 HP away per hit. Your enemies are almost entirely Griffon Riders, Wyvern Lords, Falcoknights, and Dark Fliers. After about three turns a fuckload of reinforcements come in for the next two turns. The trick is to have some Galeforce Falcoknights or Dark Fliers and get rid of everything before the first wave of Reinforcements.

Reinforcements ruin the damn map, it wouldn't be so bad if they came because you were going slow, but they start appearing as early as the beginning of Turn 4, and more come in on Turn 5, and more on Turn 6. That's not fun.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: April 19, 2013, 11:59:16 PM
Two attempts and I cleared 5 Anna Firefight.  Never saw the reinforcements.

Not bad considering I didn't have anyone with arrows along.  XD

I still gotta go back and get that Limit Breaker skill, so I can make Manakete-Morgan even more awesome than she already is.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: May 02, 2013, 09:02:56 PM
Okay, so Roster Rescue was a pain, but only because lolwalls.

Harvest Scramble was easy, but had the issue of having half the enemies equipped with Miracle/Counter.

Summer Scramble I haven't played yet, but I heard one thing that sort of disgusted me.

They censored part of the DLC.

Granted, its minor (Its just Tharja's ass shot in her Bikini, they put a cloak over it.) but still, this is a T rated game, and this is OPTIONAL CONTENT. I mean, granted we already had the censorship of Incestual relations between cousins (Lucina & Owain, or Cynthia/Kjelle & Owain if Chrom married Sumia/Sully respectively) being listed as 'Companions' instead of Husband/Wife, but that's negligible because the idea of Cousins marrying isn't really accepted in most cultures (They also removed a lot of the stuff involving Cordelia's Breast Complex, but yet it came up in the Roster Rescue). But this? Harmless fanservice, hell after the US kept the Nowi/Tharja conversation in Harvest Scramble about Tharja's Tits (In EU they changed it to being about her hair.), you would think they would've kept it as is. But no, they poorly edited it because "Oh no, we can't have our little timmy seeing a girls butt! How dare I buy this optional and in no way necessary to play the game DLC for this T rated game I bought my young child. Nintendo should be ashamed!"
First picture is obviously the US version with its poorly shopped in Curtain, the second one is the uncensored. I put it in spoilers because Ecchi I guess.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
So yeah. That's nice. I would say I'm not buying this because I don't support censorship... but I bought the full pack.
Dammit. I don't even like Tharja that much, but thats the kind of [parasitic bomb] I expect from 1990's Nintendo.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: May 02, 2013, 11:39:11 PM
My rage towards censorship knows no bounds.

This censoring makes no sense. Like you said, it's T-rated. Hell, Avatar had plenty of bikini shots in that one beach episode, and it's a TV-Y7 show:

[spoiler]

decent ass shot

great angle of Ty Lee's love balloons

good angl-- wh-whoa, how'd this get in here?[/spoiler]

Plus, it's probably not as dark as FE.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: May 04, 2013, 04:19:41 AM
Roster Rescue is a freaking [sonic slicer], arguably the hardest chapter yet released.  Not only the walls but also the reinforcements swarming you; and you CANNOT pussyfoot around since the Revenants are making for the exit and the walls may or may not cut you off.  I might need to man up and start packing Brave weapons, even if I can't buy them yet (I've been doing all the DLC after perpetually grinding around Chapter 19 on Lunatic +).  Even maxed/paired Limit Breaker Morgan doesn't always score the needed kills...

hell after the US kept the Nowi/Tharja conversation in Harvest Scramble about Tharja's Tits
It IS rather silly to draw the line at Tharja's butt in a bikini after that one made it in, isn't it?

What gets me is the fact that the unknown is arguably more suggestive; Tharja's strong mention of "riding" in that scene suggests to anyone who hasn't seen the uncensored pic that she's wearing a string.

Oh, and the Cordelia breast stuff did make it into her swimsuit scene, although I don't know how the dialogue compares to Japanese.

Well, if there was an "uncensored" option, I'd use it.  But in this case, there isn't, and the placement of scenery isn't a major enough point to dissuade me from playing the chapter.  But I agree it's idiotic and pointless.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: January 14, 2015, 07:40:43 PM

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: January 15, 2015, 04:17:19 AM
Agreed! Awakening still remains as one of my favourite games on the 3DS, so this is welcome.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: January 15, 2015, 04:36:38 AM
I love the subtle additions, like the smooth transition from map to combat.

There also seems to be an Ice Mage, this time around.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile