C# MegaMan Engine

Tesserex · 69700

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: June 15, 2012, 11:08:26 PM
I hope everyone still realizes that this engine isn't dead. New video posted yesterday:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDHt5u6g3Og&list=UUyjSE2WCqyGUTgLt11HQUPg&index=1&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: June 16, 2012, 01:40:46 AM
Of course, we knew that you weren't done with this yet... '>.>

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: February 23, 2013, 04:44:07 AM
Now that Time Tangent is dead, I think I'm on my own for keeping everyone informed about my engine. It's definitely still in progress (it has never been on hiatus even once in its over 3 year development) and I'm right now rewriting the editor in WPF (the newer Windows desktop app framework). Not only will it be easier for me to write and look better, it will also have much more intuitive controls and more complete features.

Looking around in this subforum there are a TON of projects going around that I didn't know about, and even a few more engines on the scene. Quite an exciting time.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: February 24, 2013, 03:14:53 AM
I hope you keep going strong and complete this someday. I really envy your skill and dedication.

Offline BeckaMan

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: September 27, 2013, 04:13:21 PM
- When trying to open game.xml I get this error:
"
There is a syntax error in one of your game files.

File F:\development\C# MegaMan Engine\CME-0.9\Demo Project\entities\bosses.xml
Line: 21
Entity: ZeroRock
Tag:Y
Attribute: magnitude

Movement magnitude must be a number."

Looking at the file I don't see a problem: <Y magnitude="8.5" direction="Up" /> ...?

- The editors I could open at all with visual studio 2012. what version should i use?

- Does the engine have gamepad support, if not, will you add it?  

Offline BeckaMan

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: October 29, 2013, 04:29:41 PM
still getting the error
can anyone help with this?

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: March 03, 2015, 06:27:05 PM
Hello everyone. I am very happy to find that this community is still thriving. Hopefully you are equally happy with the following message.

My C# Engine is still very much in progress, and over the past year I have been working on a brand new editor for it. It's much more flexible, and combines the features of the old tileset editor and level editor. It doesn't have an enemy editor yet but that will be coming soon.

I've also recently begun streaming my development of the project on Twitch. Check out my channel here. I am putting all of the streams on YouTube as well afterward.

I also just implemented a new feature in last nights stream - autoscrolling segments. I used Cossack stage 3 as a model. You can watch me use the editor to create the tileset and level, and then code the whole thing.

There is still no complete download of the project yet, but I will get to that as soon as I feel the editor is in a good place for it.

I've also begun a new website home for the project, which you can see very much still in progress here.

I hope some time soon I can reach a threshold where more that a dozen people know about this project at any one time, and maybe I can even get some more programmers to help it along. One of my new Twitch followers has already contributed a few commits to the codebase, which is pretty exciting. What's it take to get a Kotaku article written about you?  >U<

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: March 05, 2015, 01:21:29 AM
YES!!! owob YES!!! owob YES!!! owob YES!!! owob YES!!! owob YES!!! owob YES!!! owob

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: October 29, 2015, 03:12:53 PM
I know this subforum isn't particularly active anymore, but I have some good news.

You can now download an official pre-alpha release of the engine with the new editor! Check my downloads page on my new website at http://tesserex.github.io/C--MegaMan-Engine/#/download.

It is now possible to create and test a new project in the editor. All necessary supporting files, like the entity definitions for Mega Man and his bullets, sounds, sprite sheets, etc are all included automatically. You can grab a level tile spritesheet from somewhere like sprites-inc, fire up the editor, create a new project, add a stage, create your tileset, and paint some rooms, and click test and it will run!

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: November 01, 2015, 12:08:35 AM
Pre-Alpha? Perhaps, this will bring some people back to the forums.

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: November 01, 2015, 03:32:41 PM
I guess you could call it alpha. And hopefully yes.

Offline Swithin

• Cyberelf
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: December 17, 2015, 12:53:44 AM
Hi Tesserex,

I've wanted to make a fan game for years, but I could never really justify spending the time. Long story short, I've always enjoyed spriting, composing, and drafting design documents for "hypothetical" projects (50% of the fun with 0% of the commitment!) but in the last few months I've found myself putting so much time into this one project that it has become a distraction from my other creative pursuits. It's in my system waiting to get out, and I've been running from it for over a decade - at this point I either take the plunge and crunch on it, or let it simmer down only to have it resurface again in six months. This happens to be an okay time for me, so I've decided to jump in. ^_^

I've been looking for an engine for the last few days, and while there are workable options, I really like what you're doing (also, I think I'm pretty much right in the middle of your target audience.) I know this is a long-burn project for you, and I understand your time-frame for adding the required features to support a fully releasable game might not work with someone looking to go into production this very instant, but I think we might be a decent fit. I've got a fairly detailed plan, a bunch of assets and ideas to test, and while I don't have any coding experience I am a bug-hunting machine (I've done several years software QA, both with publishers and in-studio.) Also, I'm patient and already expecting this to take a long time to get right.

Let me know if you're still looking for a fan game on which to collaborate (I plan on doing most of the rest of the work on my own, but I consider providing the engine at worst a 50/50 effort.)

Cheers,
Swithin