The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Topic (ITS MAHVEL 3 BAYBEE)

Solar · 388559

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #2175 on: October 13, 2011, 08:58:24 PM
Show of hands, who else here thinks that the Metro City Days of Future Past poster is clever as [tornado fang]? XD

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2176 on: October 13, 2011, 09:49:05 PM
Show of hands, who else here thinks that the Metro City Days of Future Past poster is clever as [tornado fang]? XD

*raises hand*

Yeah, that's seriously a delicious bit of fan-service there.  I'm also convinced that Capcom's totally hinting at something with the Megaman bit.

Also, Nova seriously looks fearsome as all get out.  An overhead, a fast OTG that hits from nearly full-screen, and really nice movement options make for one dangerous dude.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2177 on: October 13, 2011, 09:55:48 PM

Nova is Richard Rider, the last of the Nova Centurions, and carrier of the Nova Force, one of the biggest powers in the universe.

As the final savior of the cosmos, his job, is to save the universe in a faily basis from cosmic horrors and things that all of the Marvel heroes put together could never handle. He's a cop, and his territory is THE UNIVERSE. He's a hero who NEVER gets stuck in drama, never whines, never lets any of his life get in the way of his job. He handles things professionally, and never fails. And he singlehandedly put together a group with the biggest cosmic badasses in order to face negaverses, cosmic Cthulhus and GALACTUS TRAINS.

As his in-game phrase says, he doesn't have time for this [parasitic bomb]. He has to save the universe.

Also, shame on you because his costume's the most stylish in all of the game.

So it's kind of like Ironman meets Green Lantern? That's pretty cool.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2178 on: October 13, 2011, 10:05:19 PM

So it's kind of like Ironman meets Green Lantern? That's pretty cool.
Nope. Iron Man and Green Lantern are drunken dolts who never really go beyond what they can do.

Nova is like Cosmic Superman meets Cosmic Flash. He works on kind-heartedness and because there's nobody else in the universe to do what he does.

Only his boss is a talking russian cosmonaut dog from the Cold War who is a psychic ten times more powerful than Professor X.

Cosmo. The dog.

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #2179 on: October 13, 2011, 10:12:35 PM
*raises hand*

Yeah, that's seriously a delicious bit of fan-service there.  I'm also convinced that Capcom's totally hinting at something with the Megaman bit.

Also, Nova seriously looks fearsome as all get out.  An overhead, a fast OTG that hits from nearly full-screen, and really nice movement options make for one dangerous dude.

o~O That insists that they cared for Megaman in the first place.

Didn't you hear? Neglecting and mocking the Megaman franchise is the new black these days! At least for Crapcom.  B(

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #2180 on: October 13, 2011, 10:13:44 PM
Sure is conspiracy theory in here... Let's just wait and get Capcom's final words on this before people are left with egg on their face.

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2181 on: October 13, 2011, 10:23:26 PM
Sure is conspiracy theory in here... Let's just wait and get Capcom's final words on this before people are left with egg on their face.

Yeah, I'm being pessimistic, can you blame me? (actually I guess you can)

But seriously, after bad [parasitic bomb] after bad [parasitic bomb] that's been going on for our cherished franchise its kinda hard to see the instigator (which right now is Capcom) just suddenly go "I've changed my mind!" and hope that'll forgive the BS they've been inflicting upon us for a while.

Man that was an oddly worded sentence! I suck at English!  owob

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2182 on: October 13, 2011, 10:24:43 PM
o~O That insists that they cared for Megaman in the first place.

Didn't you hear? Neglecting and mocking the Megaman franchise is the new black these days! At least for Crapcom.  B(

*sigh* Here we go again...

Seriously, the only reason you view Capcom as 'mocking' the franchise is because you're viewing the whole situation emotionally.  Sure, MML3 got canceled and he's not a current member of the roster, but Megaman is certainly not dead.  I mean, Street Fighter went nearly 10 years w/o games at all, and look where they are now.

I've been saying that some form of MM would be DLC since the UMvC3 roster was leaked. The fact that Capcom still won't shut up about him kind of alludes to this, and then we get a poster with Megaman saying that he's still "on the run"? Yeah, he's definitely coming; Capcom throws more smoke than the exhaust pipe of a semi-truck.

My YouTube Channel

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2183 on: October 13, 2011, 10:36:51 PM
*sigh* Here we go again...

Seriously, the only reason you view Capcom as 'mocking' the franchise is because you're viewing the whole situation emotionally.  Sure, MML3 got canceled and he's not a current member of the roster, but Megaman is certainly not dead.  I mean, Street Fighter went nearly 10 years w/o games at all, and look where they are now.

I've been saying that some form of MM would be DLC since the UMvC3 roster was leaked. The fact that Capcom still won't shut up about him kind of alludes to this, and then we get a poster with Megaman saying that he's still "on the run"? Yeah, he's definitely coming; Capcom throws more smoke than the exhaust pipe of a semi-truck.

Hmm, you got a point there. Though on the other hand, Capcom is still a company that needs to uphold a decent image, it can be argued that they must have some minimum megaman quota to follow, such as: making references to him and adding characters that originated from the same franchise (Zero, Tron). Also remember that Capcom has never mentioned that ol' Blue will be in the game as a character. Don't forget also that there is a theory that Capcom intends to reboot the franchise, prior to that they possibly intend to have him fade away for a bit before getting a comeback.

And Capcom have been denying that Megaman is popular enough to enter the MvC3 universe, even though he ranked in either #2 or #1 in every poll involving MvC3 character additions. Seems kinda strange for them to deny some that is common knowledge. To me, they are just pointlessly teasing Megaman's appearance, seeing that Zero already has megaman costumes, sorta like Cappy is saying that "here is as close as you'll get to getting megaman in this game".

On a derailing note, I'm listening to Phoenix Wright's grand spanking new remix theme!

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #2184 on: October 13, 2011, 10:52:54 PM
I am wonderfully surprised with Wright. He does look like a joke character, but a lethal joke character. His attacks are humorous, but still effective. The evidence part of his gameplay is intriguing. As is Objection being a power buffer. And having help from Maya, that never even crossed my mind as an option for him. His model does look off at times, yes, but the game is still technically in deveopment. And it makes his level 3 hyper even more hilarious imo.

Nova looks really nice too. No level 3 hyper, but he looks good without it.

I am curious why they've been revealed already, though. I was expecting all four characters to be revealed at the panel on Saturday (which I'm not sure if I can make it to :( ) I guess they wanted some of them playable on the show floor?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2185 on: October 14, 2011, 12:13:48 AM
http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity

Stream's on if anyone's interested.  They put a LOT of work into PW's moveset. 0_0

My YouTube Channel

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2186 on: October 14, 2011, 02:21:00 AM
I watched it.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2187 on: October 14, 2011, 03:58:23 AM
Only thing it's missing is the original "Objection" and "Take That" soundclips. And yeah, his model needs work, but at least it's better than the 3DS one.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #2188 on: October 16, 2011, 03:44:43 AM
Got to try the game today. Wright is certainly fun to watch. I couldn't get the hang of playing as him, though. Couldn't figure out how to switch to the other mode. And it seems to pick up evidence you have to press S and an attack button. Which button you use determines the slot the evidence takes up. On pad, getting that middle slot is kinda difficult (M+S).

Nova I was doing okay with. He's really fun. And the more I hear his theme, the more I love it.

Also got to try Ghost Rider, Hawkeye, and Nemesis. The first two I didn't get to do much with, but Nemesis is a beast.

No DLC character announcement today. Not even reveals for Frank and Raccoon. We got Heroes and Heralds mode, though. The crowd was on fire for that, especially at the end of the video. I don't know if it's on the net yet, but here's a hint: 37. PB, Lou and I were front row for that panel, btw.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2189 on: October 16, 2011, 05:56:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfzBAnk09W0

I see what you mean Sato. Holy [parasitic bomb] this is awesome.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline King Reaper

• yeah
  • B-Class Hunter
  • I used to be somebody...
    • View Profile
Reply #2190 on: October 17, 2011, 02:49:30 AM
So am I the only one who was really hype for Comic-Con because they thought Rocket Raccoon was going to be revealed with Phoenix Wright?

I mean, yeah, Wright looks cool, but I'm just not as excited for him as I expected to be. Nova looks pretty strong but pretty uh... not bland. But kind of like he's amalgamated the better parts of a bunch of characters. Like he was specially tooled to be a good character with a red-health consumption gimmick thrown in for shiggles.

...what?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #2192 on: October 22, 2011, 08:33:48 PM
Someone commented that the Edgeworth/Mia colors and Godot/Kay colors should swap partners. I agree. Not only does it make sense story wise, the colors match better too. Hopefully they can change that in the few weeks they have left to ship the game. And maybe make the Gumshoe colors look a bit more like Gumshoe. And make Phoenix actually say "Take That!" in his level 3.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2193 on: October 22, 2011, 09:13:55 PM

Goddamn, I love the Godot color alt for Wright. At the same time, it makes him look a little too sophisticated for someone with his personalty. But it still looks so hella badass.

... And I still think that not having Franziska in this game was a missed opportunity.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2194 on: October 24, 2011, 03:11:12 AM

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2195 on: October 24, 2011, 04:36:06 PM
I wonder if you could do enough with that to crash the game from ram overload on the effects.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2196 on: October 24, 2011, 05:21:31 PM
You can do that or cause it to turn into a completely green screen.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2197 on: October 26, 2011, 12:16:21 AM

Man, they really went all out for Cap's colors. Don't really care for the space-suit variant myself, but all of the others are great!

My YouTube Channel

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #2198 on: October 26, 2011, 12:30:00 AM
So Chris has Chuck Greene colors. I thought that would've been the no brainer choice for Frank's DLC costume. Now I'm hoping Frank gets his new Protoman suit instead.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2199 on: October 26, 2011, 02:55:28 AM
DO WANT for Captain. He's one of my primary mains.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout