The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Topic (ITS MAHVEL 3 BAYBEE)

Solar · 388564

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2150 on: October 05, 2011, 01:47:01 AM
Except theve constantly denied X being in the game. various times, Or any other megaman. X has topped the polls what, twice or so? And still nothing. I dont think they would go back on their word now. X costume Zero was probably removed in favor of First armor Zero.

Keep in mind that there's never been a "real" disconfirmation.  Every time they say 'no', there's always a flimsy excuse behind it that holds no water.  As for the polls, they don't guarantee any character to get into the game.  It's just fan opinion, nothing more, nothing less.  That said, Capcom's totally trolling us, and I personally find it rather hilarious.  X (or another character) has a very high chance of being a DLC character.  Patience, my friend.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2151 on: October 05, 2011, 02:47:14 AM
Except theve constantly denied X being in the game. various times,

Not for DLC. They said that X just barely didn't make it, because of that and the fan demand(/outcry) there's no way X won't be a new character at some point, be it DLC or whatever they call their next edition.

I was almost sure MMZ Zero would be his DLC costume down the line.

The Zero series color means nothing, they could still easily make it his alt.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2152 on: October 05, 2011, 03:12:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Mo6QYbIaE&t=2m24s
"If X were here, he would have tried to talk things out first," "Unfortunately for you, X isn't here."

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2153 on: October 05, 2011, 03:18:00 AM
I think you're reading too much into that quote.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2154 on: October 05, 2011, 03:20:22 AM
Not really. But if Capcom really doesn't plan on putting X in the game, then its a bit of a dick taunt.

I mean, Ill certainly be happy if after all the asking for X he DOES get put in, but i'm hesitant to believe they will.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2155 on: October 05, 2011, 03:29:02 AM
Agreed, you're reading too much into that win quote.  Consider the fact that they swapped X's color for the armor set, for instance.  Sure Capcom's trolling, but there's a purpose behind it.  X (or at least some version of Megaman) is coming at some point in time.

My YouTube Channel

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2156 on: October 05, 2011, 03:38:24 AM
I hope so. X is long overdue for his fighting game appearance. :P

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2157 on: October 06, 2011, 05:40:14 PM
This just in, Zero's DLC alternate costume will be "blue". Man, these guys are S level trolls.   XD

My YouTube Channel

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2158 on: October 06, 2011, 06:18:59 PM
I swear that if what they're hinting is an X alt for Zero then I'll...I...who am I kidding, I'll buy it anyways. I'll be angry while doing it though!

Anyways, best case scenario he actually means MMZ Zero alt with a blue color confirming multiple colors per alt. Worst case scenario X is literally Zero now.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #2159 on: October 06, 2011, 06:26:17 PM
I swear that if what they're hinting is an X alt for Zero then I'll...I...who am I kidding, I'll buy it anyways. I'll be angry while doing it though!

Anyways, best case scenario he actually means MMZ Zero alt with a blue color confirming multiple colors per alt. Worst case scenario X is literally Zero now.

Which would only ignite a flame war between the more ignorant side of the general Marvel vs Capcom fan community and the Megaman fans who (while going through a lot) will only lower themselves further for a rebuttal.

Ugh, the answer is so simple and [tornado fang]ing everyone from the fans to the developer himself is supporting it, so why not put ol' X in Capcom? XD

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2160 on: October 06, 2011, 06:35:07 PM

And that's exactly what I've been wondering for the last couple of days.  As opposed to X and Zero being separate, X would be an alternate costume.  I suppose it is possible that they want to use Classic/Exe, so that they get reps from separate franchises.  If that happens I'll understand why, but they'll no doubt make some people salty with that decision.  Of course, the "X isn't here" win-quote would look extremely odd if you're playing as an X skinned Zero.

I think at this point all we can do is wait.  Capcom's throwing smoke bombs like there's no tomorrow, so we'll have to see how things play out.

My YouTube Channel

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #2161 on: October 07, 2011, 04:39:05 AM
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/oct/06/new-york-comic-con-schedule-umvc3-sfxt-questions/

This page translates Nii-san's tweet as "Well, I saw a spot of blue." Think about that one.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline King Reaper

• yeah
  • B-Class Hunter
  • I used to be somebody...
    • View Profile
Reply #2162 on: October 07, 2011, 04:58:02 AM
The idea of Zero getting an X costume is pretty cool, though it'd be kind of weird if it kept Zero's voice.

So yeah, this is kind of old news, but am I the only one unhappy with the nerf to Tron's jumping H? It's really all she had going for her, though the drill buff helps. She was already low/mid tier, I just hope she doesn't fall even lower. She's definitely my favorite character to use.

...what?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #2163 on: October 07, 2011, 06:29:57 AM
It is kind of a bummer, yeah. Especially since Gustaff Fire assist got nerfed too. If it was one or the other I would've been okay, but both might be a bit much. I'm hoping the one buff she got (combo after Bandit Boulder w/o assists) makes up for it.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline King Reaper

• yeah
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2164 on: October 07, 2011, 07:53:02 AM
It is kind of a bummer, yeah. Especially since Gustaff Fire assist got nerfed too. If it was one or the other I would've been okay, but both might be a bit much. I'm hoping the one buff she got (combo after Bandit Boulder w/o assists) makes up for it.
Well, her drills being completely safe are a huge buff, too. It leaves her at 0 frames to her opponent, which means if you got the other guy trained to be defensive, you can just throw them.
I'm hoping they buffed her other normals to make up for her jumping H nerf, and that nobody's noticed because almost nobody knows how to use her on point without jump H.

Honestly, though, as long as she can still combo after her drills, with faster special moves like people are saying, she'll probably stay around the same tier placement she was, and I'm pretty okay with that.

Really looking forward to trying Ghost Rider and Nemesis, too. Originally I was considering replacing Dormammu on my team with Ghost Rider, but Dorm's getting so many great buffs there's no way I'm not using him.
So I'm thinking Ghost Rider/Firebrand/Nemesis as a backup to my original Tron/Dormammu/Sentinel team, though even then Sentinel might get replaced if I don't need him for Tron's more damaging bread and butters anymore.

...what?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2165 on: October 07, 2011, 08:01:18 AM
They should just put X in the God damned game. There's the demand for him, and if they feel up to putting a DLC costume of him in, then why not just make the character?

But we'll have to wait and see what they are actually planning, since its all speculation based on comments referring to "glimpses of blue" and a blue DLC costume.

Offline King Reaper

• yeah
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2166 on: October 07, 2011, 08:18:54 AM
Honestly, having an X alt for Zero doesn't make a terrible amount of sense, considering they'd fight completely differently. Maybe I'm just being nitpicky. 8U

...what?

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2167 on: October 07, 2011, 03:44:39 PM
I would have really liked an Absolute Zero alternate, or a MMZ styled one. I guess MMZ makes the most sense, catering to both crowds.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2168 on: October 07, 2011, 03:48:43 PM
A "spot of blue"?  You don't think...

I suppose that is a really awkward possibility for an alt costume.  Seems like it'd be so much bigger than Zero, though.

My YouTube Channel

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2169 on: October 07, 2011, 04:14:10 PM
naw naw. Capcom would never actually make an AZ alt. that would be too awesome. They would much rather troll with an X alt.

@King P: its not nitpicking, all of Zero's moves are saber based, with his Buster included for good measure.

X would more likely be the other way around. All buster based, with the saber thrown in for good measure.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #2170 on: October 08, 2011, 04:10:45 AM
Absolute could work if they size it down. They probably wouldn't even clip the wings off. It'd be like Blanka's annoying feathery costume in SSFIV.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2171 on: October 08, 2011, 07:09:08 AM
It'd be like Blanka's annoying feathery costume in SSFIV.

Ugh *shudders*

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2172 on: October 13, 2011, 06:40:52 PM
Man, this is too awesome, and this is coming from a guy who's never played a PW game in his life!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl4UWv4qGIQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

More vids!

Also, a cryptic Megaman hint that may or may not mean something.

My YouTube Channel

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2173 on: October 13, 2011, 06:57:46 PM
While Phoenix is undeniably awesome here, it does irk me that his model is pretty shitty looking. Looks like he was slapped in last minute.

Nova's gameplay looks great, but I have no idea who he is, and his costume is a little lame looking.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2174 on: October 13, 2011, 08:21:11 PM
Nova's gameplay looks great, but I have no idea who he is, and his costume is a little lame looking.

Nova is Richard Rider, the last of the Nova Centurions, and carrier of the Nova Force, one of the biggest powers in the universe.

As the final savior of the cosmos, his job, is to save the universe in a faily basis from cosmic horrors and things that all of the Marvel heroes put together could never handle. He's a cop, and his territory is THE UNIVERSE. He's a hero who NEVER gets stuck in drama, never whines, never lets any of his life get in the way of his job. He handles things professionally, and never fails. And he singlehandedly put together a group with the biggest cosmic badasses in order to face negaverses, cosmic Cthulhus and GALACTUS TRAINS.

As his in-game phrase says, he doesn't have time for this [parasitic bomb]. He has to save the universe.

Also, shame on you because his costume's the most stylish in all of the game.