[spoiler]Eva's sister is awesome.
Oh and... Quilby went full Aizen.[/spoiler]

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: January 23, 2012, 08:05:05 AM
Just caught up on eps.

[spoiler] Quibly is just so hilariously nuts.

[/spoiler]

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #52 on: January 23, 2012, 08:10:27 PM
I didn't really like episode 20.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: January 23, 2012, 08:54:37 PM
I didn't really like episode 20.
Why? Care to state the reasons so I can laugh in your face discuss it with you?
Because really, when there's filler... you complain, when there's plot... YOU COMPLAIN AGAIN.
I find it quite funny.

But if you provide some actual legit reasons, I might actually have different look at this post of yours.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: January 23, 2012, 09:38:53 PM
The fight scenes were really uninteresting, even weirdly so since they're usually done well. Not just that we've seen it before, but also that it was pretty spammy, using the same moves over and over and just having them miss a lot.
As well, the dialogue (from the villains mainly) became really trite and bland.
And of course, [spoiler]Quilby completely changing personality. Being an omnicidal maniac without looking like a cartoonish supervillain is pretty hard to do, but they had some ground to stand on with the whole "it's sad but our race needs to keep moving" concept - and then threw it away, deciding to have Quilby turn into an uncaring sadist.
Which also made it feel like a lame attempt at a surprise "he was a bad guy all along!" twist. That might have worked if he kept his previous demeanour. Eternally slightly smiling, calm and kinda bored villains are fine too.

Also, he just didn't seem very powerful or threatening - a side character and the kid he was taking care of gave him a run for his money. I'll admit that that at least seems to be intended, considering his reflection on a "mere dragonet" and wanting help from Rushu.[/spoiler]
It just felt horribly cliché and uninspired. Nox was executed much better, so I'm not sure why they messed it up this time.

(also the filler WAS quality, like Flame said, so I enjoyed watching them; just felt impatient for the plot)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: January 23, 2012, 10:37:50 PM
If I recall,

[spoiler]
/co/ predicted Quibly being a traitor like the moment he showed up. I think due to stuff that happened in the Dofus game. That said, I would have preferred if he had stayed all calm and [parasitic bomb]. It makes him MUCH more shady and dodgier. instead they made him like... The Joker or something. He's still pretty hillarious though.[/spoiler]

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: January 23, 2012, 10:38:53 PM
Except...
[spoiler]Everybody knew Qilby was a dick, ever since he appeared. Mostly thanks to an Xbawx Live Arcade game Islands of Wakfu (which is also available in english). Which established and explained many things. I don't remember everything exactly, but Qilby had problems with everything and everyone all the time.
Also, he changed his personality? REALLY? Sure, up until now, he was calm. But did you even stopped to consider that maybe, just maybe... he hasn't changed all that much? In fact, even though he's now laughing more and is acting kinda crazy, he still retains his old attitude. Esepcially when he went to Rushu's world. He wasn't really laughing there, or acting too crazy.
Besides, look at it this way. He merged with goddamn Eliacube, he got his arm back (which WAS ecstatic for him, especially when he punched Grougal in the face.), and as he himself said, he remembers every one of his past lives, unlike other Eliatropes.
It's obvious the guy is quite crazy, if only because of the remembering past lives thing.

Moving on.
I myself, believe that Qilby at first really wanted to just simply get his people back, but after the meeting with the representatives of all 12 races, which ended with Prince of Brakmar starting a "WE WANT DA ELIACUBE GIMMEGIMMEGIMME" thing, Qilby probably said "[tornado fang] THIS" and decided to just drain the World of 12 of its Wakfu and then move on.

Speaking of which... you probably don't know, but Qilby was never the king of Eliatropes. It was Yugo. We knew that too thanks to the Island of Wakfu game, back when episode 6 first aired.

This guy was from the beginning setup to be a villain.
Nox himself, as much as I like him, wasn't that interesting until episode 13, his fight with Grougal and the last few episodes (including the special).

We stil have five episodes to go, including a four part finale. We'll probably see him explain himself in greater detail later on, and maybe even redeem himself.[/spoiler]

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: January 23, 2012, 11:30:55 PM
[spoiler]I don't mean that I was surprised by Quilby turning out to be a bad guy all along, since they had built up his suspicious aura pretty well, I just hated how he went from haggard to excited. That's also why it looked like a cop-out.

Dunno what's significant about the arm, was he one-armed before and I just forgot about it?
The rest wouldn't really cause the sudden on-off switch in demeanour we see when he changes outfit.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]In fact, even though he's now laughing more and is acting kinda crazy, he still retains his old attitude.[/spoiler]
You don't say...

[spoiler]Speaking of which... you probably don't know, but Qilby was never the king of Eliatropes. It was Yugo. We knew that too thanks to the Island of Wakfu game, back when episode 6 first aired.[/spoiler]
Well, what does that explain?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: January 24, 2012, 12:01:07 AM
[spoiler]I don't mean that I was surprised by Quilby turning out to be a bad guy all along, since they had built up his suspicious aura pretty well, I just hated how he went from haggard to excited. That's also why it looked like a cop-out.

Dunno what's significant about the arm, was he one-armed before and I just forgot about it?
The rest wouldn't really cause the sudden on-off switch in demeanour we see when he changes outfit.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]He was one armed before, it was even implied that Phaeris, the dragon whom Qilby wants to kill, omnom'ed that arm of his. So yeah, you forgot about it.
And I know you weren't surprised, perhaps I merely worded my post wrong.

Also, what do you mean the rest wouldn't cause a change in his demeanor? Are you saying that remembering all of your past lives, while no other Eliatrope does, wouldn't eventually cause you to go bonkers? The point is... Qilby was just keeping an act. He hid his insanity, mostly because he had only one arm, and he was probably quite weak still after being imprisoned in the cube for so long. So after he got a POWER BOOST from the Eliacube and got his arm back, he went full [tornado fang]ing nuts on Adamai and Grougal. I mean, hell, he even says that he wanted to punch Grougal for so long now.

Though I do understand and kind of agree with it, that him keeping his cool and calm personality wouldn't be bad. Still I really am not complaining.[/spoiler]

Well, what does that explain?
[spoiler]A lot actually. It shows, for one, what a lying sack of [parasitic bomb] he is and that he most probably really, REALLY wanted to be king. But never got a chance to. This is just speculation though, but it might be that part of his reason for doing all of this is that he never got to be the king. Still, we won't know until the finale.[/spoiler]

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: January 24, 2012, 12:14:46 AM
[spoiler] I never believed for a second he was the king of the Eliatropes. It was always much more likely that YUGO had been the king of the Eliatropes.
[/spoiler]

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: January 24, 2012, 12:54:25 AM
I don't even remember there being one.
[spoiler]He was one armed before, it was even implied that Phaeris, the dragon whom Qilby wants to kill, omnom'ed that arm of his. So yeah, you forgot about it.
And I know you weren't surprised, perhaps I merely worded my post wrong.

Also, what do you mean the rest wouldn't cause a change in his demeanor? Are you saying that remembering all of your past lives, while no other Eliatrope does, wouldn't eventually cause you to go bonkers? The point is... Qilby was just keeping an act. He hid his insanity, mostly because he had only one arm, and he was probably quite weak still after being imprisoned in the cube for so long. So after he got a POWER BOOST from the Eliacube and got his arm back, he went full [tornado fang]ing nuts on Adamai and Grougal. I mean, hell, he even says that he wanted to punch Grougal for so long now.

Though I do understand and kind of agree with it, that him keeping his cool and calm personality wouldn't be bad. Still I really am not complaining.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]A lot actually. It shows, for one, what a lying sack of [parasitic bomb] he is and that he most probably really, REALLY wanted to be king. But never got a chance to. This is just speculation though, but it might be that part of his reason for doing all of this is that he never got to be the king. Still, we won't know until the finale.[/spoiler]
Fair enough.
Mind you, my other complaints remain, so while I'll give 'm a chance as a villain, the episode could've been better.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: February 11, 2012, 04:02:22 PM
Episode 23, part of the season finale just aired.
http://www.wakfu.com/fr/serie/medias/video-evenement/285756-episode-23-saison-2-griffes-pourpres
You can watch it here (as always) if you can't wait with the subs.
Though honestly? What happens in the episode is not very hard to understand without subs.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: March 04, 2012, 04:06:44 PM
http://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/game/download
Game is out now and free to try out, but you're severely limited as a non-subber. Can join others in fights but not the other way around, professions are basically unusable, higher-level monster groups can't be fought...

Posted on: 2012-03-03, 10:56:50
...And so is the fan-subbed episode 23-25.
[spoiler]Cyberdemon Rushu!![/spoiler]

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: March 06, 2012, 01:29:30 PM
So I only now watched the last raw episode of Wakfu.
[spoiler]Dem scenes with Yugo, Qilby Balthazar and other Eliatropes. DAT MUSIC. DAT ENDING![/spoiler]

And with that, the series ends.
Though there's a possibility of season 3, plus there will be those two movies (Dofus movie and Wakfu movie... sooo...)

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: April 19, 2012, 11:52:08 PM

I'll just leave this here.