Official Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread - Specs, Tech, Price? It's all here!

Emiri Landeel · 261395

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Kid Icarus: Uprising

Hmmmmm well I only had a limited time with the demo, and like I said, if I can use my thumb for the touch screen instead of the stylus, it could work. We'll see though. I'm glad someone liked it!  8)

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/15/marvelous-are-working-on-a-game-with-2d-artwork-for-nintendo-3ds/

Waaaaaaaaaaaant D:

Very nice indeed!  8D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:07:22 AM by VixyNyan »

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Hmmmmm well I only had a limited time with the demo, and like I said, if I can use my thumb for the touch screen instead of the stylus, it could work. We'll see though. I'm glad someone liked it!  8)

Very nice indeed!  8D
There's always a way to use your thumb, like there was in Metroid Prime: Hunters and Mario 64 DS. I actually found using the stylus was better when playing those games, but still massively uncomfortable.

Nintendo 3DS Lite with dual analogs please. ;_;

Also, I think the first game I truly want from this is DOA. I always found it was the one fighting franchise which was really easy to learn and have fun with friends. Man, I miss the times on DOA Ultimate. I might just go play it.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/15/marvelous-are-working-on-a-game-with-2d-artwork-for-nintendo-3ds/

Waaaaaaaaaaaant D:

AAAAND another game in the list of 3DS games I want~

Also, I think the first game I truly want from this is DOA. I always found it was the one fighting franchise which was really easy to learn and have fun with friends. Man, I miss the times on DOA Ultimate. I might just go play it.

Yeah i'm considering purchasing that too, I remember enjoying DoA2 on the dreamcast quite alot, especially w/ the varied amount of costumes for the characters hehehe.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
........I just realized........Sega COULD make a Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram 3D game for the 3DS.....

0v0

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
........I just realized........Sega COULD make a Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram 3D game for the 3DS.....

0v0
Only if they had a huge add-on for the 3DS which plugged in the bottom and was two huge joysticks.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Heh, I've played it Dreamcast style on both the Dreamcast & 360. One more time won't hurt! XD

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I got waaaaaay too used to the arcade. To the point of being bothered by the 360 controls.

It is the kind of game you just can't do without two sticks.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
I got waaaaaay too used to the arcade. To the point of being bothered by the 360 controls.

It is the kind of game you just can't do without two sticks.

I've mastered both control schemes!  8D

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I've mastered both control schemes!  8D
Yeah, but it's like playing an FPS with a mouse, then going to play it with a right analog stick.

Bothers plenty.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Hm, interesting recommendation.  I'm not really familiar with DOA, but it looks pretty and has Ridley raking the walls with my enemy's face, so I had intended to pick it up.

That was, however, when I thought it'd be a launch title. -_- These days I'm leaning towards Pilotwings and SSF4 to kick things off, and not being much of a fan of traditional fighters, it's a tough question as to whether or not I really want both SSF4 and DOA.

Argh, decisions, decisions...

Waaaaaaaaaaaant D:
Awesome.  Muramasa was a-freaking-mazing, so it'll be great to see what they come up with on the 3DS.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
By the way, I was able to get 11 Miis on the Mii Plaza with Street Pass, so that means all regions of the 3DS can connect with each other and share data and friend codes without any problems. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Hm, interesting recommendation.  I'm not really familiar with DOA, but it looks pretty and has Ridley raking the walls with my enemy's face, so I had intended to pick it up.

That was, however, when I thought it'd be a launch title. -_- These days I'm leaning towards Pilotwings and SSF4 to kick things off, and not being much of a fan of traditional fighters, it's a tough question as to whether or not I really want both SSF4 and DOA.
DOA (at least the first 3) are games in which it's quite easy to get ahold of a character's combos, because they work like a regular single player game's gameplay, ala Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden. It's kind of a faster-paced Tekken, in which you can combine big combos and keep jabbing. They're based on logic rather than learning combinations. It's the best fighter for any beginner, because you have fun no matter what. Not only that, it's really fun to throw players into the interactive sceneries.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
It does sound a bit more up my alley than Cappy's fighters, which I can at least play, well, semi-competently. -u-'  Guess I'll have to take a look at what other games are coming out May-ish and try to work out a plan.

By the way, I was able to get 11 Miis on the Mii Plaza with Street Pass, so that means all regions of the 3DS can connect with each other and share data and friend codes without any problems. ^^
I'd have been disappointed otherwise.  Despite regional lockout in games, Nintendo's been pretty good about worldwide network connectivity.  Thanks for the confirmation.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Nintendo's been pretty good about worldwide network connections
...seriously? That might be the one thing I'd point out that the company's VERY lacking and behind others.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Despite regional lockout in games,

Speaking of that, Pokemon BW (well, the western versions) show us that DSi games, maybe 3DS games too, don't need to be region locked, so lets hope that Nintendo actually thinks about it and doesn't use it in their games at least.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
...seriously? That might be the one thing I'd point out that the company's VERY lacking and behind others.
I think you misunderstood me, because in most ways I will tell you that Nintendo's online tactics are shot to hell.  What I meant is that they're good about keeping it worldwide, as in, not region-locked (the one area where Capcom faltered in Monster Hunter Tri).  I'd have been very surprised if Japanese, EU, and US 3DS Miis were unable to mingle with each other.

Speaking of that, Pokemon BW (well, the western versions) show us that DSi games, maybe 3DS games too, don't need to be region locked, so lets hope that Nintendo actually thinks about it and doesn't use it in their games at least.
Black/White is DSi-enhanced, not DSi-exclusive.  To region-lock it would be to punish users for playing the game on the more advanced hardware (the original/Lite could play Black/White of any region, regardless).  So it'd have been rather senseless, not that region-locking makes a lot of sense to me to begin with.  It's just bullshit market control to make fiscal reports look better, with absolutely no practical benefit; not to mention it legitimizes the console hacking that Nintendo hates so much.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I think you misunderstood me, because in most ways I will tell you that Nintendo's online tactics are shot to hell.  What I meant is that they're good about keeping it worldwide, as in, not region-locked (the one area where Capcom faltered in Monster Hunter Tri).  I'd have been very surprised if Japanese, EU, and US 3DS Miis were unable to mingle with each other.
Ah, my bad then. And they probably will, since the Wii's Mingle option had no region lock either.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Not to mention that Brawlers and Karters on the Wii could "mingle" with each other worldwide too.
And that's how we were all able to record videos of our replays. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Yeah, too bad brawlers had one of the worst online services I've EVER seen in a game, and karters, although having the basis of a decent online, without identities, made most of it irrelevant.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Black/White is DSi-enhanced, not DSi-exclusive.  To region-lock it would be to punish users for playing the game on the more advanced hardware (the original/Lite could play Black/White of any region, regardless).  So it'd have been rather senseless, not that region-locking makes a lot of sense to me to begin with.  It's just bullshit market control to make fiscal reports look better, with absolutely no practical benefit; not to mention it legitimizes the console hacking that Nintendo hates so much.

Every other DSi enhanced game including its JP version? Region locked on DSi. NA/EU Black and White? Plays on any DSi/3DS.

That's what I mean.

Yeah, too bad brawlers had one of the worst online services I've EVER seen in a game,

Disappointment of the forever =/

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Touche.  I hadn't researched the previous DSi-enhanced games, hence I didn't reference them.  Regardless, I still think it's worth noting that whatever rationale was behind forgoing the region-lock on Black/White might not (and probably won't, knowing corporate mentality and all) carry over into many other titles.

Yeah, too bad brawlers had one of the worst online services I've EVER seen in a game, and karters, although having the basis of a decent online, without identities, made most of it irrelevant.
TvC was MUCH worse than Brawl, service-wise.  You don't have to be a tournament-level fighter to realize that lag and Shoryuken command inputs don't mix.  Plus it's a LOT harder to excuse in one-on-one connections.  In my experience Brawl usually holds up well until the fourth person enters.

And I don't have a problem with lacking identity in karts, I'm content to simply be that random Yoshi/Daisy player with an obscure Saturday Night Live name reference.  I have a problem with the grand item farking, which is not a complaint one would expect an all-Bob-omb Brawler to make, but in kart every damn time you turn around someone hit a POW block/Blooper/Lightning/any of the two-dozen ways to make you drop your items.  There's a ludicrously excessive amount of "hit everyone" and "disarm" going on, which I sincerely hope they cut down on for Kart 3DS.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
TvC was MUCH worse than Brawl, service-wise.  You don't have to be a tournament-level fighter to realize that lag and Shoryuken command inputs don't mix.  Plus it's a LOT harder to excuse in one-on-one connections.  In my experience Brawl usually holds up well until the fourth person enters.

And I don't have a problem with lacking identity in karts, I'm content to simply be that random Yoshi/Daisy player with an obscure Saturday Night Live name reference.  I have a problem with the grand item farking, which is not a complaint one would expect an all-Bob-omb Brawler to make, but in kart every damn time you turn around someone hit a POW block/Blooper/Lightning/any of the two-dozen ways to make you drop your items.  There's a ludicrously excessive amount of "hit everyone" and "disarm" going on, which I sincerely hope they cut down on for Kart 3DS.
Thing is, TvsC was essencially attempting to be a serious fighter, while Brawl is a fun party game that people [sonic slicer] about not being able to play seriously. I'm fine with fighter game lag on Brawl. All fighting games have online lag. But the game itself was coded online SO BADLY, it was probably one of the very worst online modes I have ever seen in any game whatsoever.

And in terms of Mario Kart, you and other people may not know this, but it was the first Wii game that got to the point of having... well, a mediocre online system which every single XBox/360/PS3 game had so far. The normal required options, the modes, and the necessary speed to play. At this time, anyone else used to regular online gameplay wasn't pleasantly surprised. I just went "Really? Oh, that's cool, I guess". Identities are really important in online games these days. Having a profile, having an actual way to see what kind of games you play, to be able to play with that person again...

I hate the fact that Nintendo's multiplayer is basically ChatRoulette.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
TvC was MUCH worse than Brawl, service-wise.  You don't have to be a tournament-level fighter to realize that lag and Shoryuken command inputs don't mix.  Plus it's a LOT harder to excuse in one-on-one connections.  In my experience Brawl usually holds up well until the fourth person enters.

Seriously? Every single one of my experiences made TvC look like GGPO in comparison to Brawl =/

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
I have a problem with the grand item farking, which is not a complaint one would expect an all-Bob-omb Brawler to make, but in kart every damn time you turn around someone hit a POW block/Blooper/Lightning/any of the two-dozen ways to make you drop your items.  There's a ludicrously excessive amount of "hit everyone" and "disarm" going on, which I sincerely hope they cut down on for Kart 3DS.

Oh we won't even get into the whole "Why every Mario Kart after 64 is worse!" debate.