Your Top 8 Mega Man 10 Robot Masters?

Flok · 6849

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
on: March 11, 2010, 01:15:46 AM
Shoot me down if I broke the rules and lock this thread if it already exists, but I remember making a similar thread once Mega Man 9 was released.

What is your top 8 Mega Man 10 Robot Masters?

Mine will possibly change in the future:

8: Chill Man: Yeah, his mugshot is not good, his music is definitely made by a Battle Network composer which in this case sucks. Chill Man's name is a funny joke though and his stage is fun to play through. And he's also got one of the best weapons to use in the game, a spammable stunning ice shot.

7: Strike Man: A part of his theme sounds similar to Tornado Man, but this has a faster pace. I honestly haven't played enough with his weapon yet, but it looks good enough to use. Has the most annoying mini boss in the game. Has an okay design, other than that, not much to say.

6: Nitro Man: I choose to fight this guy first because he looked the toughest on the select screen. Has a fun stage, is a difficult boss and the music is also pretty good. His weapon has it's uses here and there.

5: Commando Man: His music sounds like someone is in peril, and time is lacking. I praise Commando Man of course for the traditional RM design, and he has a solid weapon reminding me of Pirate Man's remote mine. His stage is also one of the more difficult ones because of tricky jumps and spikes are in your way while you are waiting with patience for the sand storm to go away.

4: Blade Man: Great stage, great buildup and aftermath to his song, great weapon, but dislikable design and battle.

3: Sheep Man: Nice pop culture reference, instant classic Mega Man music is also to be found here, an original stage but sadly he seems to have the worst weapon in the game.

2: Pump Man: I like the design, his music is extraordinary and sounds as if you are entering a dangerous place, and his weapon is regarding offensive capabilities, superior to Jewel Man's Jewel Satellite. But weaker at defense though. He has a simple attack pattern on Normal mode, not sure yet about Hard Mode. And he uses a friggin handpump.

1: Solar Man: Great upbeating music right here! On Hard Mode, so far he is the most difficult with the Mega Buster only, he fights like a mix of Pharaoh Man, Fire Man and Quick Man but then on steroids. Doesn't has the best weapon, but his stage and battle pretty much scream "HARD" into our minds. After the in my opinion dissapointing Magma Man, Solar Man delivers fully and makes all of the fire elemental Robot Masters proud.

Flok's favorites:

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 01:21:43 AM
1. Nitro Man
2. Sheep Man
3. Solar Man
4. Blade Man
5. Chill Man
6. Strike Man
7. Pump Man
8. Commando Man

Offline Ace DeSpade

• More awesome than you.
  • Robot Master
  • ^Is awesome.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 02:24:50 AM
1. Blade Man.
2. Nitro Man.
3. Pump Man.
4. Sheep Man.
5. Chill Man.
6. Solar Man.
7. Strike Man.
8. Commando Man.

[insert decent signature here]

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 02:37:41 AM
Rick, the topic is;
Top 8 Mega Man 10 Robot Masters

Offline DjKlzonez

• B-Class Hunter
  • Once a year
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 02:45:57 AM
1.-S
2.-H
3.-E
4.-E
5.-P
6.-M
7.-A
8.-N
 :3

Steam       Youtube

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 03:13:55 AM
Hmm...

1. Commando Man
2. Blade Man
3. Nitro Man
4. Sheep Man
5. Chill Man
6. Strike Man
7. Solar Man
8. Pump Man

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 03:28:56 AM
Tie for first place between Nitro Man for having the best stage music, and Sheep Man for simply being Sheep Man.

Other than that, don't care enough to rank the others.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Burst

• Not Just Some Dude
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Slorgas.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 03:42:54 AM
Quite a request...they are all pretty awesome...ok here it goes.

8. Commando Man. Napalm Man + Search Man = him....song is decent but not quite as catchy as the others.
7. This is harder than I thought...Sheep Man. (Song is great but he's a sheep...cool but ...I just don't know.
6.Strike Man. He would be placed higher if it weren;t for that dumb super happy part in his song...totally doesn't fit at all.
5. Chill Man. Awesome sonog but un-inspired design.
4. Solar Man. I like his design much more than Chill Man's but I like Chill Man's song just a little more.
3. Nitro Man. Yeah, he's basically Turbo Man but his song is f'ing hardcore...there is a reason why that song was chosen to play as Proto Man spoke his first words of MM10 in the trailer...because it's awesome.
2. Pump Man. Took alot of guts to release this quirky RM...at first I thought he was lame but now I love him...sweet song too.
1. Blade Man. It took Capcom serious balls to make another RM that is nothing but a giant sword...MM8!!! cough* cough*...plus his song is one of my faves from the game.

You can't be just some dude with that post count...

I HAVE MY EYE ON YOU
Armor sprite done by Blackhook, NOTME.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 03:54:45 AM
8.SheepMan - A strange yet lovable design. Capcom always makes nice creature themed robots. Wish he had more moves though.
7. PumpMan - Design is classic capcom shenanigans. Taking a seemingly harmless object and turning it into a killer robot! Again, not that many move sets.
6. StrikeMan - He's a baseball that throws BASEBALLS! Moves are predictable, but still hard to dodge. Gotta love his super move!
5. ChillMan -  Love the stage music; reminds me of FrostMan's stage. His design is pretty clever. And I "love" his mugshot...  -_-
4. SolarMan - Have you seen the way he jumps?! This guy's obsessed with style. Music is unquestionable.
3. BladeMan - The guy fights like a ninja or something. Attack pattern is predictable but he's fun to fight nonetheless.
2. CommandoMan - If 9 had the guardians, this guy's got to be freakin' Craft! Fight him on hard mode or don't fight him at all!
1. NitroMan - TurboMan + MetalMan make for one heck of a boss. Great design and definitely fun to fight!

It would be nice if the masters' hard mode moves came in normal mode. They would be more fun to fight!

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 10:59:11 AM
Looks like Strike Man is constantly lower than others on each list. Are there any Strike Man fans out there?

Flok's favorites:

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 11:28:28 AM
This coming from stream watcher (I haven't seen the hard mode yet so...)

1 Nitro man - Dynamic entry? Awesome music? killer trucks?!! need I say more?
2 Strike man - I just love his stage designs (curve ball pitcher from hell, soccer ball platform, goalie mini boss). Nice song too.
3 Solar man - Very dangerous, erratic movement, awesome music, too bad the weapon looks sucky...
4 Blade man - Awesome weapon, very dangerous without prior knowledge, and a living sword.
5 Pump man - Close distance rapid water bomb is his weapon basically.
6 Commando man - Basically a rabid tank let loose. Music sounds like Sonic 3 act 3, a plus.
7 Chill man - Soothing music, lovely background story, nice weapon.
8 Sheep man - Cuddliest robot master ever, weapon looks sucky though, nice stage gimmick.

I'm not good at choosing favorite less than 3rd place

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 11:46:45 AM
What, background story? That's news for me. Where to find their backstories hmm?

Flok's favorites:

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 01:08:27 PM
I believe it's in the Playable Blues thread...
Are we talking about the RMs' individual backstory/bio?

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 02:06:42 PM
Indeedy doc.

Here it is!

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 02:53:04 AM
8-Chill Man:
 Though I don't have a problem with his design, especially since it reminds me of a certain bat crusader villain, I can't really seem to like this guy. Probably because I found him to be an easy boss, even on Hard Mode. At first I didn't like his stage theme, though it's still my least favorite of this game. ON the plus side, he has an intresting backstory and his weapon can kill those anoying ground sliding and jumping enemies.

7-Pump Man
 He has an intresting design. Long arms that remind me of one of my favorite RMs. And he has  good offensive shield to boost. However, his also a bit easy compared to the other RMs. Have to admit though, [spoiler]I wasn't expecting him to use his own pump crank as a boomerang in Hard Mode, that's a big plus in my book[/spoiler].

6-Nitro Man:
His got an awesome theme, yes. His stage is also fun, his got a good saw weapon, and his a transforming stunt man. 8D
But...I can't seem to like him much compared to the others...don't know why. 

5-Solar Man:
His got a great theme and is a though Robot Master, and therefore deserves my respect. Though, I can't seem to like him as much as the next batch of RMs. His weapons good for clearing some unwanted enemies, mostly in the challenges though.
4-Sheep Man:
His Sheep Man, 'nuff said...
His weapon sucks though.

3-Commando Man:
The tank of the group, has a powerful weapon, and a fuckawesome move in Hard Mode. His stage is easy no matter what mode you're playing in though.

2-Strike Man:
His a pitcher of death who takes no [parasitic bomb] from anyone. The Prototype Maverick, instant respect. Haven't found much of a use for his weapon, yet.

1-Blade Man:
His a three bladed sword...who thinks his a ninja! Best weapon in the game IMO. One of the best designs too, again IMO.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 03:03:02 AM
1. Sheep
2. Blade
3. Commando
4. Solar
5. Pump
6. Nitro
7. Chill
8. Strike

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
    • Super Justin: The Blog
Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 11:41:21 PM
1. Pump
2. Strike
3. Chill
4. Nitro
5. Sheep
6. Commando
7. Solar
8. Blade

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 05:36:12 AM
1- SOLAR MAN (HIS THEME IS TO AWESOME TO BE 8 BIT)
2- Nitro Man
3- Blade Man
4- Sheep Man
5- Chill man
6- Strike Man
7- Commando Man
8- Ugh.... Pump Man

Offline Tenshi

• 天使の伝説
  • Robot Master
  • ミソラちゃん
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 06:51:34 AM
1. Strike Man
2. Nitro Man
3. Solar Man
4. Blade Man
5. Pump Man
6. Sheep Man
7. Commando Man
8. Chill Man

Offline Mr. Cavan

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • Mr. Cavan
Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 11:56:44 PM
8. Strike - Eh, walking baseball doesn't do much for me, but points for looking like Blizzard Man.
7. Chill - Rather generic design (minus the icicle), but interesting weapon.
6. Solar - One of the more unique fire-themed robots, but looks kinda unusual, and hard to fight.
5. Pump - Easy to crush, but (almost) all I really liked about him was his stage and theme.
4. Commando - Stage and music work well, and I gotta love how he shakes the floor when he enters the room.
3. Sheep - One of the more quirky yet plausible concepts, and a cool stage.
2. Blade - A robot with blade head and arms? I like. Also, his stage music is cooler than cool.
1. Nitro - Yesz, a motorbike-themed robot, it screams "awesome."

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 26, 2010, 03:51:11 PM
In no particular order, my top 8 MM10 Robot Masters are:

BladeMan
ChillMan
CommandoMan
NitroMan
PumpMan
SheepMan
Solar Man
StrikeMan

Offline brawlman9876

• The recolor of Quick Man. (atleast thats what everyone says.)
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: December 06, 2010, 06:48:54 AM
8.Blade Man
7.Commando Man
6. Strike Man
5.Chill Man
4.Nitro Man
3.Sheep Man
2.Pump Man
1.Solar Man
This was hard to come up with, because i love all the masters in 10!  owob