Setsuna F. Seiei · 3532

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
on: February 23, 2010, 03:19:11 AM
Any one else seen it yet?

I Personally hate UC, and still do.

But Unicorn was completely awesome and total [tornado fang] WIN. (probably because it didn't really feel like normal UC).

Aside from the animation and action being god tier, the soundtrack in itself is epic. Only minor issue I had about it was they kept the UC hair styles. But clothes, and especially pilot suits were all awesome as far as wardrobe goes.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 04:12:58 AM
I ONLY LIKE [parasitic bomb] THAT IS SHINY AND HAS CG EVERYWHERE. ALSO I CAN'T SPELL WORTH A DAMN.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 01:59:04 PM
I ONLY LIKE [parasitic bomb] THAT IS SHINY AND HAS CG EVERYWHERE. ALSO I CAN'T SPELL WORTH A DAMN.

Stop hating on AU Gundams.

---

Saw the first OVA twice. I'm not really that into UC, but this was awesome beyond what I was expecting. Awesome atmosphere, battle choreography and music. Want more. MORE.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 07:17:43 PM
Stop hating on AU Gundams.
yes, completely ignore that i like Dragonar, G, Wing and X, why don't you.

Offline SUIKA

• Robot Master
  • It's a good thing I exist.
    • View Profile
    • IDC
Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 10:15:03 PM
Only minor issue I had about it was they kept the UC hair styles.

Oh come on. That's like saying you dislike the use of classical mid-nineteenth century character design in remakes of the works of Tezuka. There's nothing wrong with older anime hairstyles in an age so abundant with influence from Japanese teenagers. And if it's a continuation from something that started in 1979 with a 30th anniversary to coincide with then more power to said concept.

I personally 'aint watching Unicorn until I've gotten through the entire original saga. I'm only nearing the end of the first Gundam now so it'll be a while.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 02:52:10 AM
You don't need any of it. Unicorn is pretty stand alone, that it might as well be an AU/CE entry.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 03:48:23 AM
Unicorn is pretty stand alone
fine, completely ignore Puru 12 and the following up of CCA why don't you.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 12:22:37 PM
yes, completely ignore that i like Dragonar, G, Wing and X, why don't you.

Fine then, stop hating on Cosmic Era and Anno Domini. Hating on GSD is fine though.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 12:19:53 PM
On the actual thing, one of the  changes they made that I now love is that the beam weapons actually work like a highly focused weapons SHOULD work causing more of a  cutting effect then just being shiny magic bullets like they have been the last 30 years.

Also that MS's don't always blow up. and when they do, blow up like something that has a nuclear reactor in it.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 09:17:51 PM
Also that MS's don't always blow up. and when they do, blow up like something that has a nuclear reactor in it.
Now had you actually watched anything UC you'd have seen this happening constantly. >.>

Offline Stardius

• Lazy and overall passive
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 09:25:00 PM
I watched Zeta Gundam and Gundam ZZ recently and I really love that they returned to UC.

This first episode was really satisfiing, it had it's good moments and it's corny moments (that classic "I want to protect person I've just met for no apparent reason"), but it all worked great together. The music was also great and at the end I had that "this is epic" feeling (you know, shivering and that unidentified feeling in throat). All and all I am looking forward to next episode.

Offline SUIKA

• Robot Master
  • It's a good thing I exist.
    • View Profile
    • IDC
Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 10:21:15 PM
You don't need any of it. Unicorn is pretty stand alone, that it might as well be an AU/CE entry.

:3 Oh you may have just twisted my arm there.

But still. I'd prefer to watch everything chronologically beforehand just to comprehend the magnitude of it a little more. Though I did do okay with Turn A Gundam, considering all those scenes from Black History'n all. And all the references.

Thank you episode guide.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 11:36:28 PM
The OVA actually changed a few things. 1 main thing is that Banana DOES know Vist is his father, but he just tries to ignore it and stay oblivious to it all. They finally reliasd to stop with the emo teenage ANGST part of gundam.

Also I hope that kid with the freckles, and especially that dumb [sonic slicer] that wants to suck off banana die.