(To which I have nothing to add... >U<)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 04:29:58 PM
Speaking of mavericks, why hasn't there been any effort in the X series to reform the Mavericks and get them back into society? Why hasn't some Reploids been cleared of their Maverick status?

Off Topic: Why doesn't Mega Man just shoot him?

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
    • DarkWaltz's DeviantArt Page
Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 05:08:47 PM
It's a possibility that they would attempt to reform a Maverick if they could capture him/ her, although the virus might make it irreversible? I think the only redemption would be for those who had problems with their circuitry, or just finally had enough of the humans and just lost all patience with them.

At least I would guess that's how it is.  -u-'

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: February 27, 2010, 01:30:02 AM
So the humans had lost patience with just reforming in Reploids and just want them scrapped but are laws all that diffreef for Reploids in the future if they are thinking and acting like humans?

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
    • DarkWaltz's DeviantArt Page
Reply #30 on: February 27, 2010, 04:32:58 AM
Possibly. I doubt humans would allow them the same rights, most would probably still and only see them as tools for aiding a human and nothing more. Bigotry and abuse could also follow as well since a reploid should not fight back without severe repercussions.

So I don't believe they would have the same rights, despite how human they may be, at least for a long while.

But reformations were probably more common until Sigma went off the deep end with the virus.

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: February 27, 2010, 01:51:17 PM
Possibly. I doubt humans would allow them the same rights, most would probably still and only see them as tools for aiding a human and nothing more. Bigotry and abuse could also follow as well since a reploid should not fight back without severe repercussions.

So I don't believe they would have the same rights, despite how human they may be, at least for a long while.

But reformations were probably more common until Sigma went off the deep end with the virus.
I don't know about reformations, but capturing and imprisoning reploids is considered a viable option at least at the start of the X series.  Vile was imprisoned rather then destroyed on sight.  It seems that Vile was considered a fairly destructive Maverick, so if he was simply put in prison, then it stands to reason that some Mavericks might also be captured rather then immediately retired.

Of course, these captured Mavericks might simply be held for trials or public executions.  The series doesn't seem to specify.

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #32 on: February 28, 2010, 03:32:52 PM
Vile is described by Zero as a "borderline Maverick", I don't think he was officially judged as one at that time.  He was at that time a Hunter; destructive yes, and thus reprimanded.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Burst

• Not Just Some Dude
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Slorgas.
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 08:11:57 PM
I think the term Irregular could be more along the lines of Reploids that just have defects or don't question superiors or authority. Mavericks on the other hand seem to go against the grain by they're own will alone. This would of course cause some debacle between whether certain Mavericks were labelled correctly as Mavericks  when they could just be Irregulars. Some examples of said Mavericks would be Storm Eagle and Armorred Armadillo, both went "Maverick" as it were by they're own will which makes them truely Mavericks and not Irregulars. Some examples of Irregulars; ie Repoloids that go "Maverick" only because they do not question they're superiors would be anybody who just gets infected with the virus or is just Irregualar because of flaws they have no control of. Now...for Crush Crawfish I cannot be certain because (correct me if I'm wrong) I'm read somewhere he is just totally insane so I don't know if that would make him a Maverick because he obviously questions authority if he kills, but at the same time he could be an Irregular because if someone is crazy it's because they have something wrong from the get-go. For Wheel Gator there is a problem as well as he only wants to cause destruction so he could either be Irregular or Maverick depending on one's views as to how important  certain values of order are to determine one's sanity.

It's all really as derivative as it would be to classify who is a rebel and who isn't in a society and to the level of their rebelliosness you could classify people as anarchists or reformers.

You can't be just some dude with that post count...

I HAVE MY EYE ON YOU
Armor sprite done by Blackhook, NOTME.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #34 on: March 13, 2010, 12:18:26 AM
Aren't they the same except for translation issues?

Offline AdamTheHedgehog

• Godly Artist
  • B-Class Hunter
  • YOURS IS THE BRUSH THAT WILL PAINT THE HEAVENS!
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: March 31, 2010, 11:13:29 PM
Well, I think Mavericks could be reformed...eventually...it would take a large amount of R&D to fully develop a cure to the Zero/Sigma Virus before Rehabilitation and Reformation could be remotely possible. Until then, these Mavericks would have to be shut down for a Marginally Long Period of Time.

I doubt the term "Maverick" is entirely justified. Many of these "Mavericks" were former Service Reploids who were afflicted by a Virus that caused them to go Berserk, Rather than having Chosen to Go Berserk.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 01:20:48 AM
I had a thought today about the whole Maverick thing and how in the real world we tend o demonize the "enemy" only to find we are not so different. In the first game the objective was claer, a few reploids go Irregular and you must stop them but when you really get into the meat of the series, we find that some of them are really just innocent victims or victims of circumstance that is Reploids who had been wrongly accused of being Maverick and were defending themselves from their accusers. Sigma himself wanted to free the Reploids from their human oppressors as well as restore his tattered pride, he saw the Virus as means to an end and he had a master plan but as we learn in Mega Man X4 and 6, it is know possible for humans and Reploids to be completely separated form each other. The Reploids need humans just as much as the humans need Reploids, there is no world exclusively for Reploids as it is only a fleeting dream. Now with the new generation of reploids appearing complete witht he copy chips, it is becoming more difficult to find who is the Maverick and who is not. What do you guys think of this?