DC Animated Universe Thread

Rin · 59015

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: June 28, 2010, 03:42:43 PM
Yeah I know. It'd just be something I'd like to see animated.  XD

I'd love to see the JLA story Tower of Babel animated as well.  Or Morrison's JLA New World Order story arc as well.
That'd be awesome. A TRUE Darkseid story would be an incredible thing to see. I'd really, reeeeeeeally love to see a Final Crisis movie, but it'd require complete faithfulness to the original plot. And considering the original plot is (although a full story in itself without need for alot of tie-ins) confusing for most people who don't feel like re-reading stuff and solving the small riddles along the way, it would be awesome as a full epic movie with tons of twists and turns.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: June 28, 2010, 04:08:10 PM
Morrison's Rock of Ages JLA story arc would make a fantastic DCA Movie as well.

Man, I miss Morrison writing JLA..

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: June 28, 2010, 05:13:44 PM
Morrison's Rock of Ages JLA story arc would make a fantastic DCA Movie as well.

Man, I miss Morrison writing JLA..
He'll eventually go back to something similar. Final Crisis was a bit of a comeback.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: June 28, 2010, 06:00:21 PM
Indeed it was.  I still wanna see Rock of Ages animated though, just for the Circe-Plastic Man scene alone!  XD

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: July 12, 2010, 11:42:07 PM
UNDER THE RED HOOD IS OUT!

Await impressions soon.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: July 13, 2010, 01:09:32 AM
UNDER THE RED HOOD IS OUT!

Await impressions soon.
WAT WAT

OH GLORIOUS DAY!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: July 13, 2010, 01:57:44 AM
(the best video quality so far)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOgicHL1j9M[/youtube]

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: July 13, 2010, 03:09:31 AM
FANTASTIC movie. Bruce Greenwood is my favorite new Batman. And yes, that does mean I'm a bit tired of Conroy, and hearing Greenwood in the role brings me great joy, seeing as how he nails it instantly. And although DiMaggio isn't my favorite Joker, he certainly does a good job, and he nails the dialogue in a great way. The movie pretty much follows the comic plot, only with a few changes, which I actually think are for the best. More Joker involvement, more flashbacks to explain the whole story, yadda yadda yadda.

In a nutshell, awesome movie. Tell me if you want it, I'll PM you a 176 MB direct download link with fairly decent quality.

(If I'm breaking the rules for making this available by PM, please do tell)

(and DAMMIT, I really want Greenwood to start voicing Batman in these movies. Conroy is awesome, yeah, but since Hamill is leaving, I wouldn't mind getting a whole new cast)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: July 13, 2010, 03:26:32 AM
Do want please?

Also, Apocalypse looks great.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: July 13, 2010, 03:42:52 AM
Flash, I agree with you.
It was fantastic. I've just done watching it, and I can't wait for it to be released in mah POLOND(it probably will, since there's a company that releases a lot of [parasitic bomb] with Batman and other DC animated movies).
Instant buy.

It's dark, it's brutal, it's BATMAN!

Goddamn... I still remember when I was little, and I went to library and I found a comic book with Batman... guess which one? The one where there's Batman on the cover holding dead Robin. I had a more childish reaction of the type "HOLY [parasitic bomb] WHAT THE [tornado fang]"

Altough I've never been a close follower of the comic.

I'm so gonna force my certain friend to watch this with me. : D

As for Apocalypse. Well, GRANNY GOODNESS is in this, then it must be good. : DDDDD
I hope this one is not going to suck like the last Batman/Superman movie.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: July 13, 2010, 03:49:31 AM
In a nutshell, awesome movie. Tell me if you want it, I'll PM you a 176 MB direct download link with fairly decent quality.

The movie sounds incredible. PM please~

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: July 13, 2010, 04:04:14 AM
Flash, I agree with you.
It was fantastic. I've just done watching it, and I can't wait for it to be released in mah POLOND(it probably will, since there's a company that releases a lot of [parasitic bomb] with Batman and other DC animated movies).
Instant buy.

It's dark, it's brutal, it's BATMAN!

Goddamn... I still remember when I was little, and I went to library and I found a comic book with Batman... guess which one? The one where there's Batman on the cover holding dead Robin. I had a more childish reaction of the type "HOLY [parasitic bomb] WHAT THE [tornado fang]"

Altough I've never been a close follower of the comic.

I'm so gonna force my certain friend to watch this with me. : D

As for Apocalypse. Well, GRANNY GOODNESS is in this, then it must be good. : DDDDD
I hope this one is not going to suck like the last Batman/Superman movie.
It's a straight adaptation of Superman/Batman: Supergirl, so yeah, it's gonna suck if they follow all of the book. It's pretty much the continuing arc from Superman/Batman: Public Enemies. Only the Public Enemies movie FIXED tons of [parasitic bomb] the comic book had. To give you an idea, the PE comic book had Superman put a piece of Kryptonite inside a shotgun and fire it at some dude. And Lex just told the population Supes had gone crazy, instead of giving the reasons and showing the Metallo fight. It was awful. The movie was actually a decent improvement. It was pretty much when Jeph Loeb went mad and ran away to Marvel.

Supergirl is a little bit better. At least it's more epic. But the whole storyline's still kinda crap. Still, we'll wait for something good to come out of it.

(and it's not Flash anymore. =P Changed nickname)

And I'll get right into PMing movie links for you people.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: July 13, 2010, 01:44:04 PM
Hm. If you say so, Flash SUPERBAT. : P

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: July 13, 2010, 01:59:25 PM
Hm. If you say so, Flash SUPERBAT. : P
Most Excellent SuperBat.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Most_Excellent_Super_Bat_%28New_Earth%29

See? I even got my own entry. 8D

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: July 13, 2010, 02:54:25 PM
Most Excellent SuperBat.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Most_Excellent_Super_Bat_%28New_Earth%29

See? I even got my own entry. 8D
I know, Most Excellent SuperBat.
: >

Offline Luke

• Webhead
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: July 13, 2010, 07:10:59 PM
May I also ask for a Link, please?

BTW. Under The Red Hood is not out yet, right?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: July 13, 2010, 07:20:28 PM
Whoa, that was pretty awesome. (UTRH I mean)
Yep, Bats and Joker were pretty good. Although I liked Dimaggio better than Greenwood. He did a good bats, but at some times he sounds like more of a superman than a batman.

I was also quite surprised to see Jensen Ackles doing Jason/Red Hood.
He also nailed the part pretty well. But then again, Ackles has a very emotive voice.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: July 14, 2010, 01:37:04 AM
Wait, what? That movie is out already? But it's still two weeks until official street day.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: July 14, 2010, 04:52:46 AM
official street day.
Key word, Official street date.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: July 14, 2010, 11:45:06 AM
Key word, Official street date.

Yeah, but sometimes it really bugs me that there's stuff on the internet so long before it's actually supposed to be released.

Other than that, [tornado fang]ing awesome movie. I'm so gonna buy that one when it comes out here in late August.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: July 14, 2010, 05:11:22 PM
Something I loved. DiMaggio didn't try to be Hamill. He did his own thing.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: July 14, 2010, 06:23:24 PM
Something I loved. DiMaggio didn't try to be Hamill. He did his own thing.

For some reason, i felt his voice as the Joker had much more realism than Hamill's. It had a somewhat darker and malevolent tone. The way he perceived the character made him feel more threatening.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: July 14, 2010, 06:59:06 PM
its true. And he does a great laugh as well.

It sounds more threatening I think because his voice is deeper and and not as "smooth" as Hamil's joker. (for lack of a better way to describe it)

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: July 15, 2010, 06:37:35 PM
It sounds more threatening I think because his voice is deeper and and not as "smooth" as Hamil's joker. (for lack of a better way to describe it)

He does great in his own right, though I can't find the exact words to describe his performance in comparison to Hamill's. Still I think that Hamill did the best performance of the Joker character to this day (Arkham Asylum anyone?). Then again, not everything that originated from Batman: The Animated Series was good. The series had more than just a handful of subpar if not downright terrible episodes.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: July 15, 2010, 09:23:26 PM
He does great in his own right, though I can't find the exact words to describe his performance in comparison to Hamill's. Still I think that Hamill did the best performance of the Joker character to this day (Arkham Asylum anyone?). Then again, not everything that originated from Batman: The Animated Series was good. The series had more than just a handful of subpar if not downright terrible episodes.
Hamill is and always will be THE Joker. His voice pretty much hit every single base. It was very flexible for a ton of moods, while all the other voices we've heard so far have a few moods only. But DiMaggio is a good enough voice.

...I still maintain that Bruce Greenwood is still the best damn voice in this movie. (and the best Batman voice yet, pretty much on Conroy's level)