DC Animated Universe Thread

Rin · 58935

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: June 17, 2010, 09:56:46 PM
Live action Blue Beetle show based on the newest Blue Beetle in DC.  The comic was [tornado fang]ing awesome, and I was so sad when it was canceled. I'm hoping this show bring the comic back. 
Jaime still has had quite a good fate when it comes to appearances. Booster Gold, JL: Generation Lost...

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: June 17, 2010, 09:59:59 PM
Jaime still has had quite a good fate when it comes to appearances. Booster Gold, JL: Generation Lost...

He's on the Titans too, if I recall.

Man, I wish Geoff would come back to that.  Heh, or Peter David.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: June 17, 2010, 10:36:50 PM
He's on the Titans too, if I recall.

Man, I wish Geoff would come back to that.  Heh, or Peter David.
I never was too fond of the Titans, honestly... never found an arc I actually liked, and honestly, just don't own any Titans comics. Just read a few loose ones along the years.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: June 17, 2010, 10:38:04 PM
I never was too fond of the Titans, honestly... never found an arc I actually liked, and honestly, just don't own any Titans comics. Just read a few loose ones along the years.

I loved Young Justice, and I liked when Geoff was writing the Teen Titans for a while.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: June 17, 2010, 10:55:36 PM
I loved Young Justice, and I liked when Geoff was writing the Teen Titans for a while.
I'll have to try and read it. Shouldn't we put these things in the comics topic? =P Nobody's posted there but me for awhile. XD

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: June 18, 2010, 12:28:02 PM
Hmmm.
That looks kind of friggin' awesome.
Never read anything of the Blue Beetle tough.
Heck, I don't even know anything about him.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: June 18, 2010, 02:09:02 PM
Hmmm.
That looks kind of friggin' awesome.
Never read anything of the Blue Beetle tough.
Heck, I don't even know anything about him.
Suggest that you do. All Blue Beetles have been completely different from each other, and 100% AWESOME.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: June 19, 2010, 07:56:31 AM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the upcoming "Young Justice" animated show. Anyone have any thought on it?

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: June 19, 2010, 08:12:17 AM
I'm looking forward to it.  Here's hoping it's good and as funny as the comic.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: June 19, 2010, 02:16:31 PM
Me too. But if you ask me, I've got waaaaay more expectations on the Green Lantern animated series. I seriously hope they don't make it a CG show.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: June 19, 2010, 09:18:04 PM
just saw Supes Bats Public Enemies.
Id really have to say it really does the bats supes relationship justice. GREAT justice. The Giant Robot made me lol though.(not that it wasnt awesome)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: June 19, 2010, 09:59:49 PM
just saw Supes Bats Public Enemies.
Id really have to say it really does the bats supes relationship justice. GREAT justice. The Giant Robot made me lol though.(not that it wasnt awesome)
You should watch some of the other DCAU movies. That one's just a (slightly better) version of the first arc of Superman/Batman by Jeph Loeb (the last slightly-good thing he did before he went insane). You should try and watch movies like Wonder Woman, Green Lantern: First Flight or Justice League: The New Frontier. They're all really awesome.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: June 19, 2010, 10:15:03 PM
What about Crisis on Two Earths? Talking Firestorm FTW!

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: June 19, 2010, 10:30:29 PM
What about Crisis on Two Earths? Talking Firestorm FTW!
Crisis on Two Earths was good. A solid movie. It just... well, it just doesn't hold a candle to the original concept and execution of the comic. =P It's DIFFERENT, just that.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: June 28, 2010, 07:28:54 AM
Me too. But if you ask me, I've got waaaaay more expectations on the Green Lantern animated series. I seriously hope they don't make it a CG show.

I'm still waiting on the GL show, but obviously I'm looking forward to it.  I just want more details on it first before the hype level gets higher.

Posted on: June 19, 2010, 06:21:18 PM

I like the cover art.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: June 28, 2010, 01:02:40 PM
I'm still waiting on the GL show, but obviously I'm looking forward to it.  I just want more details on it first before the hype level gets higher.

Posted on: June 19, 2010, 06:21:18 PM

I like the cover art.
With aaaaaaaaall the good arcs they could do, why Supergirl? Only reason I bought that TPB was because of Michael Turner art. I'd love to see a Flash, or Aquaman animated movie.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: June 28, 2010, 01:17:13 PM
Well I did like the Supergirl arc in Bats/Supes.  Actually, his arcs tending to go downhill from there a bit for that particular comic.

I agree though that they need to branch out with more characters.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: June 28, 2010, 01:23:28 PM
Well I did like the Supergirl arc in Bats/Supes.  Actually, his arcs tending to go downhill from there a bit for that particular comic.

I agree though that they need to branch out with more characters.
You know what would be commercially good for them right now? Blue Beetle movie.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: June 28, 2010, 01:25:54 PM
You know what would be commercially good for them right now? Blue Beetle movie.

Considering that they could get new fans to watch the upcoming live action show, I agree.

I'm with you though in a desire to see an animated Flash movie.  Super-speed is still the best power there is.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: June 28, 2010, 01:30:10 PM
Considering that they could get new fans to watch the upcoming live action show, I agree.

I'm with you though in a desire to see an animated Flash movie.  Super-speed is still the best power there is.
To be brutally honest, my nickname's for laughs. Flash isn't exactly my favorite hero, but I think he has a TON of potencial. And heck, like I said, he actually got good in the 90's. How many characters not only SURVIVED the 90's lameness, but GOT GOOD as well? He's got an incredible potencial to be a great hero, as JL and Next Frontier showed in their superspeed scenes. Just get Geoff Johns or Mark Waid writing it, and it'll be awesome.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: June 28, 2010, 01:31:41 PM
GL is my favorite DC hero, but Super-speed has always been my favorite super power of them all.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: June 28, 2010, 02:08:35 PM
GL is my favorite DC hero, but Super-speed has always been my favorite super power of them all.
GL has been VERY good recently, ever since Rebirth. (and Kyle's always had good stories in the JLA) But a few of the stories in-between grand events started off not as good as the big epic ones. Everything leading up to Blackest Night was class, though, and Brightest Day seems quite good so far. I just hope they start developing more of the characters we have so far before introducing any new ones. Setting up how the new regular canon will be, I mean.

Superspeed allows authors to do pretty much ANYTHING. Wally's gonna die? Outrun death by running into the future so fast that the concept of death no longer has meaning. Barry's in space, far above the Earth? Make him vibrate in time, bringing the Earth to him through regular rotation. Superspeed's one of those powers where the heroes have to get creative with its use. That's what makes Flash books good.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: June 28, 2010, 02:14:37 PM
It would be nice if they did a whole 3 part DC animated movie involving Rebirth, Sinestro Corps War, and Blackest Night.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: June 28, 2010, 02:36:45 PM
It would be nice if they did a whole 3 part DC animated movie involving Rebirth, Sinestro Corps War, and Blackest Night.
Wouldn't really be worth it, because the amount of stuff they'd have to cut would be just too much. I mean, who's the Anti-Monitor? Superboy-Prime? Parallax? Stuff like that is well explainable in comics, but in a visual medium like movies, it would need something like an actual series. Not just that, but considering it consists of huge DC crossovers would have to get tons upon tons of story along the way. I'd love it, myself, but it would be just too hard to make good. Look at how Superman/Doomsday turned out, and that didn't need alot of story. They pretty much cut everything.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: June 28, 2010, 02:41:20 PM
Yeah I know. It'd just be something I'd like to see animated.  XD

I'd love to see the JLA story Tower of Babel animated as well.  Or Morrison's JLA New World Order story arc as well.