• SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
on: January 20, 2010, 09:07:07 PM
Name: Team/Brother Style
First Appearance: Megaman Battle Network 2
Other Appearances: Megaman Battle Network 3

The Team Style (known as brother style in Japan) was among the original arsenal of Style Changes introduced in MMBN2, the other being Guts, Custom, Shield, and Hub.  Team Style had a distinct appearance, changing the design of Megaman's helmet a bit, as well as redesigning the lines on his chest a bit.  True to it's name, the Team Style focused on using NaviChips; in MMBN2, it allowed you to have a whopping 8 NaviChips in your folder, which was great if your folder had a particular Navichip to exploit.  Of course, you'd have to remove the 3 extra chips if you wanted to change back (no cheating here!).  Battle Network 3 only allowed you to add one extra MegaChip, but at the same time, the newly invented Navi Customizer allowed you to add parts that gave you even more Mega Chips to hold in your folder.  This was nice because Megachips weren't limited to just Navis; there were a quite a few other chips in BN3 that could be made useful given the extra space you now had for them, such as Navi +40(!).

Speaking of the Navi Customizer, the Team Style was quite acclimated with green blocks, which it dropped, in the form of MegaFolder1 and 2, both increasing the capacity of Mega Chips you could hold.  This gave it a natural inclination towards Ground Style programs, which were the same verdant color.  This allowed for some interesting strategy to take place.  For instance, you could place SetIce in your customizer, and use the added space to take advantage of Flashman's chip, which stunned opponents in addition to the shock you were giving them.  The same could be done with SetGreen and Flameman.  The style also gave you room to place the powerful Master Style P.A., which normally took up 4/5 slots, while at the same time having room for NaviChips.

The best Element to use with Team Style would have to be Elec, in my opinion.  The slow-charging Zap-ring is pretty useful for holding opponents down so that you can properly aim your chips and nail your opponents.  Used properly, you could do quite a bit of damage in a short time.

As far as downsides go, the lack of available custom slots hurts team style a bit, although the ever-useful add button seems to remedy this to some extent.  In net-battles, chips like Anti-Navi and the Beat program are going to mess you up pretty badly as well, so you have to be wary of these tactics.  Custom Style seems to be a lot better at chip combos than Team is, as Team Style relies solely on high-class chips as far as abilities go, so the custom menu often gets clogged when you don't need it to be due to lack of space, and although the aforementioned add button is there, you really don't want to throw away potential combos, do you?

Overall, Team Style is useful (and the original inspiration for my username), but you have to rather cautious when using it, as there's a lot that can shoot it in the foot if you're not careful.  Overall, the Team Style gets a 7.5/10 from me!

Post your opinions/ratings/thoughts here!

If you want to see a certain power-up/armor/etc. rated next, let me know!

Previous installments:

Homing Missile
Splash Mine
Rush Power Adapter
Eagle Ride Armor
Vacuum Arm
Falcon Armor
Hyper Shell
Arrow Shot
Blade Arm
Shining Laser
Spread Buster (MML1)

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 09:34:55 AM
Of course, you'd have to remove the 3 extra chips if you wanted to change back (no cheating here!).
Yeah, this is where multiple folders come in handy: Have one folder customized for Brotherteam style with 8 Navi chips, and another folder with only 5 Navi chips for everything else.  Then when you want to switch away from Teambrother style, just switch folders first, and so you won't have to mess around with remembering which 3 chips you were going to swap out every time.

I'll have to try Broteam style again now that I have all the Navi chips.  I got HeatTeam twice before, but I never bothered to level it up either time.

I haven't gotten around to playing Battle Network 3 yet, but I read somewhere that Custom style and teaMMMBRO style are required to make certain viruses drop certain chips.  Sounds interesting...

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 04:01:22 PM
I haven't gotten around to playing Battle Network 3 yet, but I read somewhere that Custom style and teaMMMBRO style are required to make certain viruses drop certain chips.  Sounds interesting...
Team styles cause V3 bosses to drop V4 chips if you S-Rank them in 20 seconds or less.  Custpm styles cause viruses to either drop chips in rare codes (like *) or drop different chips altogether should you S-rank them w/o NaviChips.  Fishy2, for example, normally drops Burner, but Custom Style can cause it to drop Burning, which is a differently ranged variant of the same chip.  There are a few other variations to this rule, but I forget ATM.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 04:19:11 AM
What exactly does Hub style look like? I only know the one from the manga. Where Hub goes berzerk and all badass like.
Ive seen the bug styles, but what  does hub look like?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 08:37:01 AM
I know all it does in Battle Network 2 is turn MegaMan a lighter shade of blue, and I read on the wiki that in Battle Chip Challenge it turns him light purple.  It also shows official artwork where he's seafoam green with glowing static in certain areas.  Interestingly, I played all the way through the WonderSwan game once and discovered that its HubStyle actually uses the "green with sparkles" design.

So... HubStyle's inconsistent, that's what it is.