Reply #6126 on: December 15, 2015, 11:22:10 PM
It makes perfect sense, really.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #6127 on: December 15, 2015, 11:22:57 PM
Ooh she's a combo fighter, I think I have to try her.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6128 on: December 15, 2015, 11:40:10 PM

The illustrations are beautiful!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6129 on: December 15, 2015, 11:42:47 PM
I really like the Bayonetta one the best.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #6130 on: December 15, 2015, 11:47:18 PM
Oh god. I am super excited for Bayonetta. The stuff you can do with her in the game is gonna be nuts. I was totally banking on Shovel Knight or Shantae, but this is just as good. In fact, Bayo was one of my earliest predictions.

Can't complain about Corrin. At least they're not another straight up Lord. The dragon attacks make them stand out. I was kinda digging the Knuckles outfit. But why make Tails a gunner? Also lol Geno.

Not gonna lie though, I'm sad that Wolf isn't coming back. I still feel there was a lot to him that really made him stand out from the other spacies. Same that some compromise couldn't be made for Ice Climbers either. Don't get me wrong, having brand new characters is great too. But it stinks that old fighters don't always come back.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6131 on: December 15, 2015, 11:52:11 PM
With Tail's Mech and Thunder Shoot I think the Gunner honestly made the most sense for a Mii fighter costume. Still bummed he's just a costume but it's not like I had high hopes of him being a character in this game and I'm not going to [sonic slicer] about it, especially with how happy I am with Bayonetta's playstyle.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6132 on: December 15, 2015, 11:53:15 PM
I really like the Bayonetta one the best.

Oh, it's clearly the best. I love that it's a battle between light & dark, and for SOME reason, Axe Wielding Female Villager is on the dark side. LOL

Not gonna lie though, I'm sad that Wolf isn't coming back. I still feel there was a lot to him that really made him stand out from the other spacies. Same that some compromise couldn't be made for Ice Climbers either. Don't get me wrong, having brand new characters is great too. But it stinks that old fighters don't always come back.

/pours one out for Wolf

Yeah, I was hoping he'd come back as well. Except for his Final Smash, he's not as much as a Fox clone as Falco is. I am also sad there's no Shovel Knight or Shantae, but Bayonetta makes perfect sense. And hey, at least they picked the #1 ranked character, unlike Capcom & MvC3.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6133 on: December 16, 2015, 12:04:12 AM
Well I don't think a person forced to live in a Village full of Animals with limted AI and an Axe would be on the side of Light, that would drive anyone insane.  And while I like Nomura's it's also really boring compared to the other 2.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6134 on: December 16, 2015, 12:19:24 AM
Bayonetta, hooooooly [parasitic bomb], I may need to buy the Wii U version now.

Well I don't think a person forced to live in a Village full of Animals with limted AI and an Axe would be on the side of Light, that would drive anyone insane.  And while I like Nomura's it's also really boring compared to the other 2.

That's probably because he has nothing for the background, while the others put work into theirs.

And most of Nomura's work tend to look like sketches. His TWEWY art is one of the few that doesn't.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6135 on: December 16, 2015, 12:22:38 AM
Yeah it's the lack of background not his artstyle that gets me, I'm fine with the sketchy look btu the lack of background is what really bugs me.  And the second Cloud and the lackluster poses of the others too, except Link but the Master Sword hilt being hidden is also another minus.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6136 on: December 16, 2015, 12:38:23 AM
It's also kind of a cop-out to use Nomura for the Cloud drawings, since he's already made like hundreds of them before.

And he gave Mario the body of Mickey Mouse...

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6137 on: December 16, 2015, 12:45:58 AM
Well honestly I don't mind them getting Nomura to draw it cop-out or no, my problem is Nomura didn't even try to make it interesting so it just looks bland.

Also as femi nazi as it sounds there being no female characters is also quite puzzling, I would have liked to have seen Peach, Zero Suit Samus, Lucina, Female Robin or Zelda in that style.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6138 on: December 16, 2015, 01:18:48 AM
For those who missed it.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Tv3w1V5_Mg[/yt]

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6139 on: December 16, 2015, 01:23:02 AM
Corrin Trailer is pretty funny too.

[yt]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ-eO10ivN8#[/yt]

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #6140 on: December 16, 2015, 02:39:44 AM
Must say i really hate corrin's name and design.

Like, yeah 6 FE characters is dumb as hell (And 5 of them have AI-abuse counter)

Also [tornado fang] that lack of shoes, it looks dumb.

Psyched for Bayonetta though.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #6141 on: December 16, 2015, 02:43:21 AM
Oh [tornado fang] YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!! I'm having one big fangasm right now! Bayonetta in Smash, her playstyle looks like it's going to be as fun as playing her in her own games (I haven't Bayonetta 2... yet) and you can chose between both her current and classic variants! At first I was gonna get Splatoon for my birthday after getting my Wii U this Christmas, but now things might be different. I never played a Fire Emblem game, but Corrin looks fun to play as well.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6142 on: December 16, 2015, 02:49:49 AM
Must say i really hate corrin's name and design.

Like, yeah 6 FE characters is dumb as hell (And 5 of them have AI-abuse counter)

Also [tornado fang] that lack of shoes, it looks dumb.

Psyched for Bayonetta though.
Oh I didn't notice the lack of shoes.....then again I imagine someone who is part dragon wouldn't want to wear shoes either particularly one that transforms into a dragon beast.  Still pretty odd though.  Like I said even though having that many Fire Emblem characters is a bit much at least he/she's the second most unique next to Robin.

As for his/her look.....eh it's not very interesting but it could be worse. I like their colors better than Robin's though, I honestly hate Robin's color choices.  I will give that Corrin is a very weird name though, would have prefered one more gender neutral like Robin's since we have a boy and girl to choose from.  It seems to lean towards masculine really. *shrugs*

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #6143 on: December 16, 2015, 03:05:12 AM
I'm salty we didn't get Snake or Shovel Knight at all. I'm okay with Bayonetta. Corrin was unnecessary though.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6144 on: December 16, 2015, 03:11:31 AM
For me, Shovel Knight would've been equally as welcome as Bayo.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6145 on: December 16, 2015, 03:15:17 AM
I'm salty we didn't get Snake or Shovel Knight at all. I'm okay with Bayonetta. Corrin was unnecessary though.
Yeah I wish Snake was back too, I love the rocket lawn chair.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #6146 on: December 16, 2015, 03:40:45 AM
Some notes on the new stuff:

- Cloud is not dubbed. Not that he has many lines, but they're all Japanese.
- He feels kinda halfway between Ike and Shulk. He's pretty mobile, but his attacks are kinda laggy. Not terribly strong, but still very effective.
- I've had a lot of opponents fall out of Cross Slash. Not sure if it's DI or what.
- His Up Smash has a worse hitbox than it looks. It only reliably hits above him.
- His forward smash is great. Down smash is okay.
- Charging Limit is pretty painless. You can cancel a charge by shielding out of it or pushing left or right to dodge roll. Cancelling is quick.
- Unless there are random CDs for it, Midgar only has TWO songs: the random encounter theme and the boss theme from FF7.
- Midgar is 8 Player Smash compatible, and summons won't appear in that case. Not sure if that's good or bad. I've only played on the stage once in Classic. I got Ramuh (pronounced Rah-moo apparently) and he lasted most of the minute I was playing for.
- When you beat Classic or All Star with Cloud, the Congratulations is styled after FF7's logo.

And once again, OCD trigger warning, I pray that the character select screen gets remapped at some point. With Cloud's inclusion, everyone has shifted one to the left. While it does mean all the Kirby characters are together on the second row, Zelda is now on the first row with Link, separate from the other three Zelda characters. Plus, the bottom row now has one less space than the other three. With two characters to go, one row will have one more space than the rest.

On 3DS however, all the DLC characters have been put into a sub menu like the stages have. That works better.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6147 on: December 16, 2015, 09:08:50 AM
Midgar only has two FF themes on it. I'm legit shocked they only put the two in there.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #6148 on: December 16, 2015, 10:06:31 AM
My friend posted some extra notes on the update.

"Kirby and Lucas got some big buffs. Mewtwo endlag reductions everywhere, Shulk with incremental damage buffs everywhere, Link's KBG inc/dec mix is confusing. Robin's Ftilt, Nair, Fair, and Dair are all larger. Ganon's reverse Warlock Punch now has super armor. "

I checked with Kirby, Link, and Robin and I can confirm. Robin's buff is MASSIVE. I managed a meteor Fair from underneath the stage edge and it connected. It was INSANE. Link feels like he has WAY less end lag than before (which is OP because he barely had any before). I know super armor on Ganon is gonna = salt in FG. Kirby, I can't say for certain what about, just feels better.

I can't confirm anything about it though, but I think Little Mac got nerfed again. He had almost zero end lag before and now he has like, almost a half second of end lag on some of his moves. It's really hard to adjust to. Maybe it's in my head.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6149 on: December 16, 2015, 10:53:36 AM
Came in here a tad late, but: HELL YES GIVE ME THE BAYO

Corrin's fine, too; funny thing is, I'd idly wondered whether they would replace Robin as the "create your own Fire Emblem unit" in a hypothetical Smash 5. Turns out they'll share a game.

Gotta wait to nab Cloud until I've got some actual funds. Sm4sh has given us a Nomura-drawn Link and I am happy.