Super Smash Bros. Thread

Akamaru · 661779

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #5925 on: June 12, 2015, 11:39:25 PM
It is on a shirt. It was on TheYetee. I have it.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5926 on: June 13, 2015, 12:11:14 AM
I find it interesting that they are playing Melee.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5927 on: June 13, 2015, 07:20:12 AM
This needs to be a T-shirt.

It was a T-shirt!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #5928 on: June 13, 2015, 03:05:06 PM
Two videos popped up on the internet that are-
TEH SPOILERZ!!!

[spoiler]apparently victory clips for Ryu and Roy.  Well, they sure look convincing.  But if it is true, then between that and the 3DS Hyrule Warriors, the security of Nintendo's E3 news just seems to blow this year.
! No longer available
! No longer available

Ryu honestly surprises me.  Capcom just said the other day that Street Fighter 5 is basically Playstation exclusive, so you'd think that one would be a conflict of interest.  Unless they meant that in the context of home consoles and they're planning a 3DS Street Fighter game?  Maybe?  I dunno.[/spoiler]

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5929 on: June 13, 2015, 03:20:17 PM
There are no new Megaman games coming out either and he was in already. So this doesn't mean Ryu is going to get a 3DS game. (He already has one on 3DS anyway. A launch title.)

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5930 on: June 13, 2015, 03:36:44 PM
Yes, but there are not new Playstation exclusive Mega Man games coming out, either.

I'm well aware of the 3DS launch game, and OBVIOUSLY you can find more of Ryu in Nintendo's history if you go back far enough.  What I'm saying is that in the gaming present, those looking for Ryu's main game(s) are looking to other consoles.

Although I suppose one could have made a similar point about Snake in Brawl.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5931 on: June 13, 2015, 06:43:30 PM
[spoiler]Well Lou is going to be [tornado fang]ing happy when he sees this. Hahahaha, Roy was one of his Melee mains and Ryu has been his SF main forever. [/spoiler]

I'm hoping Nintendo has more stuff besides this leak, like other potential DLC characters and stages later on and such. What I like a lot is the DLC Stages as well. Between Ryu's stage AND bringing back Super Happy Fun PopLand Stage from 64, it shows that DLC is not limited to characters. It also involves music & levels as well. THAT makes me very happy!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5932 on: June 13, 2015, 07:36:50 PM
Music/Stage DLC pleases me as well.  There are a lot of characters who just wouldn't feel complete if they didn't come with their own theme music, for one thing.

That and I can still cling to the small shred of hope for N64 Metal Mario's stage/music someday.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5933 on: June 13, 2015, 09:35:22 PM
[spoiler]I do want to wait until E3/Nintendo Direct to get super-excited, but OH MY GOD THE LEFTOVER DATA MAY HAVE SPOKEN THE TRUTH[/spoiler]

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5934 on: June 13, 2015, 11:03:31 PM
Three new playable characters in action:
http://www.twitch.tv/crediar/v/6139915?t=4m18s

Not sure if hacked current version, or somehow got update ahead of time. (On disk DLC?)

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #5935 on: June 13, 2015, 11:43:51 PM
Nintendo probably started preloading some of the data in one of the more recent patches. Judging by the Mario portrait, most likely hacked.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5936 on: June 13, 2015, 11:51:19 PM
I totally missed that... Good point.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5937 on: June 14, 2015, 05:10:23 AM
Protodude reports that they are also doing Mii costumes of MegaMan.EXE and X-series Zero.  I'll definitely be nabbing the latter, will go nicely alongside my Iris Mii fighter.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #5938 on: June 14, 2015, 05:06:39 PM
Wow! So much info from this morning's Nintendo livestream on Smash!

We get Roy, Lucas, and Ryu as new DLC fighters and they're out RIGHT NOW! Especially expecting them to have them up after the stream and we get new Mii Outfits!

Megaman.EXE (MM Battle Network)
Zero (MMX)
Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
Jacky (Virtual Fighter)
Akira (Virtual Fighter)
Heihachi (Tekken)
Inkling Boy & Girl (Splatoon)

And new stages like Suzaku Castle (Ryu) and returning stages like Kirby's Dreamland from Melee as well as Hyrule Castle and Super Mario 64 stages from the first Smash game! The coolest one is definitely the Miiverse Stage where the Miiverse community will get pages for the characters in Smash and YOUR messages will display to cheer the characters on! Wicked!

Oh man I got to get them all! And the announced of Amiibos for the DLC characters are confirmed (development for Roy and Ryu at the moment) and I will snag the Roy and Mewtwo ones when they're released!

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #5939 on: June 14, 2015, 05:09:51 PM
I got ninja'd.

They also showed off the rest of the existing characters' amiibos. Game and Watch is unique in that he has swappable poses. Everyone except Falco, Mewtwo, and Lucas is put into wave 6 for America, so there's a bunch coming in September now.

I'm ecstatic that they're going to bring back Hyrule Castle. I'm meh on Peach's Castle 64 though.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5940 on: June 14, 2015, 05:50:35 PM
Ditto on the N64 stages, Peach's Castle never really stood out to me.  I'd have rather seen Brinstar, or F*@#!NG METAL CAVE, but that seems to be one of those "ignored no matter what" topics.  Seriously, I have no idea how Melee's Metal Battle BGM made it into the game and N64's didn't.

Also funny, Sakurai seems to have completely forgotten about the Mushroom Kingdom stages of yore that ALSO changed music mid-timed-match.  Well, nobody's perfect.

Man, that's a lot of DLC.  Even though I expect Lucina to remain my fav of the FE cast, I think I'll be nabbing Roy regardless.  And Ken's theme for the SF stage kinda sealed that one for me, also.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5941 on: June 14, 2015, 06:11:42 PM
The only N64 game on the eShop is Dreamland right now... Not sure whats going on. Bundle doesn't list any others either.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5942 on: June 14, 2015, 06:24:45 PM
Wasn't expecting Mr. Game and Watch's amiibo to work like that; I guess it's to make up for his super-flatness?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5943 on: June 14, 2015, 06:35:24 PM
Good lord. He's LITERALLY Ryu. Hahaha.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #5944 on: June 14, 2015, 07:35:49 PM
Anyone else excited that Tournament mode is coming back and then there's the YouTube Replayer which seems interesting.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #5945 on: June 14, 2015, 10:11:31 PM
The only N64 game on the eShop is Dreamland right now... Not sure whats going on. Bundle doesn't list any others either.

They only announced Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle. They're not out yet.

I've tried out the new characters on 3DS. And I only just downloaded them on Wii U. Here's my first impressions:

- Lucas is basically the same as in Brawl. I believe they said is up smash is even stronger, but it definitely feels much less safe. If you miss you are free lunch.

- Ryu is kinda unorthodox for Smash. Inputting the Street Fighter motions is a bit difficult if you're not tilting. If you push too hard you'll run and screw up your placement. Hitting backward for Tatsu sometimes doesn't register correctly, giving you a Hadoken. The motions aren't necessary, but you do lose out on the bit of extra damage they do. I believe Shoryuken only has invul frames on startup with the motion. And there's no way to do Shakunetsu Hadoken with just B imputs. A lot of his normals feel pretty good; his back air is a really good kill move. And the fact he can do a turn around Focus Attack is insane.

- Roy feels stronger than in Melee, possibly faster? Playing All Star, I was OHKOing opponents with forward smash. Flare Edge hits really hard with even a bit of charge, and the hitbox lingers a bit. Blazer has some knockback to it at the end, and it's aimable a bit. Still not a great recovery move though. I was a Roy main in Melee, and I'm loving him even more now in 4.

- Dream Land is as you'd expect. The blast box is smaller, which is good for some characters but bad for others. The new remix, Ice Cream Island I think, is pretty nice. Suzaku Castle is a pretty standard feeling stage. It's kind of a shame the only songs are Ryu and Ken's themes from SFII. No Guile theme is a big missed opportunity. But the remix for Ken's theme is amazing.

- I didn't get to see the stage select on 3DS. On Wii U the new stages are put on a separate tab, the icon of which I believe was found in a data mine early on. 3DS is probably the same.

- 3DS character select screen accomodates perfectly for the three new guys. All spaces are full and everything's in order, save for the clones outside their series and DLC being at the end. Wii U select screen is even more of a mess. The icons were shrunk to fit the new guys. Link is still at the end of the first row. And the Kirby series is now split up the opposite way; Dedede has joined Kirby at the end of the second row, leaving Meta Knight by himself on the third. My OCD implores they just reorder some stuff to make it neat.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5946 on: June 15, 2015, 12:34:49 AM
Ryu is CRAZY. He may become the most OP character ever with the combos he can do. I'm doing good with him right off the bat. Will only get better with practice.

SHORYUKEN!!!!!

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5947 on: June 15, 2015, 10:59:14 PM
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmiZyfvFQK4[/yt]

WHAT THE [tornado fang]?!?!!?

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #5948 on: June 15, 2015, 11:03:48 PM
So the Shoryuken is a One hit kill?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #5949 on: June 15, 2015, 11:15:05 PM
Welp, now you know who everyone is going to pick online...