Reply #5826 on: April 17, 2015, 02:03:28 AM
That costume looks surprisingly good.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5827 on: April 17, 2015, 02:09:11 AM
Charge shot looks awesome with him. Thankfully I'm already kinda skilled with the gunner, but now I HAVE to master him.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5828 on: April 17, 2015, 02:46:23 AM
X is the other costume right?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5829 on: April 17, 2015, 03:02:25 AM
It sure is!  8)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5830 on: April 17, 2015, 03:23:10 AM
Ooo...might have to try that one out.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #5831 on: April 17, 2015, 03:44:54 AM
Does anyone else notice that the people you played with before the patch came out was fine, but are now are lag-fests after the patch? Or is it just me?
It's probably server traffic.  There's a LOT of people wanting to take Mewtwo online.  I don't believe I've played a single match where I was the only one using him (at least not when I had a full 4 players, anyway).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5832 on: April 17, 2015, 03:56:54 AM
Hey Shell. Wanna throw down?

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #5833 on: April 17, 2015, 10:53:15 AM
Barely missed Walmart. Sadness.

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #5834 on: April 17, 2015, 01:49:11 PM
If somebody at Nintendo isn't taking notes on how disastrous this amiibo wave has turned out in terms of preorders and [parasitic bomb] going up at obscenely early times in the morning or during normal school/work hours then I have no hopes for Wave 5 being any better.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5835 on: April 17, 2015, 04:41:28 PM
I guess there's always importing? European and UK pre-orders sold out pretty quickly, too, but AFAIK amiibo that are rare over here were much easier to find there.

Wave 5 in the US is just Palutena and Dark Pit, so maybe there'll be more to go around?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5836 on: April 17, 2015, 05:00:08 PM
HAHA, as if.

I'm betting Pit level scarcity. Because "lol who these characters they're not mario or pikachu they won't sell"

By the way, Pac-man, Wario, Splatoon 3-Pack are still up on Walmart.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5837 on: April 17, 2015, 08:11:14 PM
Hrm...I kinda want to secure a Pac-Man, but I need to save money (if only for Marth and/or Ike, if Greninja's a bust). It sounds like he'll common, though.

Also, speaking of Pit. I had him and Shulk pre-ordered from YesAsia, since I am reasonably certain that those two aren't getting a US re-stock any time soon (maybe Shulk wrt: Xenoblade 3D, but the GameStop clerk I brought that up to was doubtful). Here's to hoping all goes well.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #5838 on: April 18, 2015, 11:03:59 PM
I just had a random thought, I'm kind of tempted to vote for Axl on the poll even though there's no way it'll ever happen for a multitude of reasons.  I mean I can see a lot of potential in him with his standard duel guns, hovering, other guns and transformations.  There's a lot things that would make him unique but at the same time I wouldn't even know what kind of Final Smash would be good for him.

Like I said this is just a random thought I just had.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #5839 on: April 19, 2015, 12:32:58 AM
I haven't touched the poll cause I seriously doubt Nintendo is going to look at it seriously at all. In the end, no matter who got the most votes, they're just going to go with whoever they feel is worth it. We've been through this before, guys. Remember Marvel 3?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5840 on: April 19, 2015, 02:29:04 AM
I'd be surprised if they even made the results public (not that I don't expect them to share highlights or something, I'm just saying I'm not expecting totals/percentages).  From day one I doubted it was a literal ballot at all; we all know Sakurai gets the final word, plus if a third party character wins then there's a matter of whether or not all concerned can agree on terms and ya-de-ya.  I think they're just throwing out a convenient way for them to gauge interest, but what they do with it is still anyone's guess.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #5841 on: April 19, 2015, 08:38:19 AM
I was skeptical about the datamine leak thinking it might've been some overdue April Fool's joke, but a bug in Classic mode for the 3DS where you fight Kirby characters on Battlefield leads me to believe that the leak is in fact legit. Reddit thread

I can definitely see Ryu being chosen as a third party (in spite of SFV being a PS4 exclusive...), but Roy strikes me as a really odd choice, primarily because him having a fanfare file points to him being an entire character, rather than say a costume of Marth with ph1r3. For those that don't know, every unique character has their own fanfare file, even though many are identical (e.g. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Dr. Mario):
snd_bgm_Z01_F_Mario_3DS
snd_bgm_Z09_F_Luigi_3DS
snd_bgm_Z13_F_Peach_3DS
snd_bgm_Z60_F_MarioD_3DS

However, alternate characters like Olimar/Alph and the Koopalings share the same file:
snd_bgm_Z25_F_Pikmin_3DS
snd_bgm_Z70_F_Koopajr_3DS

With Roy, I can't help but think:
-"another Marth?"
-"another 'Roy'?"
-"another Fire Emblem character?"
-"isn't Roy one of the worst lords in the series?"
-"why do they care about Roy again if he has nothing recent coming out? Are they going to announce a localized Mother 3/Binding Blade Virtual Console port or something?"

Sakurai has been confirmed to be making an appearance at some Fire Emblem 25th anniversary event. Link Roy

EDIT: I should also add, Smash 4 uses the same filename convention of Brawl, and that the unused Mewtwo and Roy fanfare in Brawl is actually different from the patched ones:
snd_bgm_Z38_FMYU2
snd_bgm_Z39_FROY

snd_bgm_Z80_F_Mewtwo_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_Z81_F_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_Z82_F_Lucas_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_Z83_F_Roy_3DS.nus3bank

For further reading: https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/18/all-about-ryu-and-roys-files/

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5842 on: April 19, 2015, 10:35:31 AM
Honestly, as much as more characters sounds nice, I'd rather they tweak the [tornado fang]ing AI to not cheat constantly on 9.0 difficulty in classic. It doesn't matter if I play aggressive or passive, the constant frame-perfect Air Dodging, Perfect Shields, and Counters are getting on my [tornado fang]ing nerves and it makes me feel like I'm just no good at the game because the AI can just read my inputs.

Hell, [tornado fang]ing Classic on the Wii U version is a bucket of ass already, less free-for-all (AKA gang up on player one because they're not superior AI race) and more CLASSIC MODE.

I don't even know why I play this game, the only draw for me is Single-Player and the Wii U version seems adamant in making you NOT want to play that mode because of how bullshit it gets at higher difficulties. Leaving what, fighting AIs in Smash mode? Because I'm not touching online.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5843 on: April 19, 2015, 11:55:34 AM
Hasn't the Smash series always had problems with the AI being clairvoyant in the highest difficulty settings?

So, if it's reasonably certain that Roy will finally come back--I'm guessing that he'd be de-cloned and given a unique moveset, since it'd be silly to have three clones. Would his appearance be based on Melee/The Binding Blade or Awakening?

Can't say I'm as enthusiastic about Ryu as Roy, but I'm not really complaining. I sure hope that their amiibo won't be a bastard-and-a-half to track down (dunno about Roy, but Ryu's relatively well-known), at least.

We've got three returning veterans (well, they're veterans now), one newcomer, and two unknowns. D'ya think the lattermost will be newcomers as well?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5844 on: April 19, 2015, 12:20:31 PM
Hasn't the Smash series always had problems with the AI being clairvoyant in the highest difficulty settings?

The AI in cruel would chase you off the stage to their deaths in the previous games. They don't anymore and instead camp for you to come back.
Brawl's intense difficulty AI was not nearly as Air-Dodge/Perfect Shield spam happy, and they also wouldn't just stand right outside of the range of your smash attacks.

Really most of my issues stem from whatever "improvements" they made to the AI.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5845 on: April 19, 2015, 03:26:01 PM
The weirdest thing I've noticed about the AI is that, even on lower difficulties sometimes, the computer will get into a "mood" where it will CONSTANTLY catch itself from rebounds after being launched.  It was very noticeable in the Luigi's Mansion stage.  Not sure if they changed that or not in the update.

Also my [parasitic bomb] luck with dropping items.  Anyone else have this?  Whatever I pick up is usually dropped within two hits, while the AI takes a few dozen for the same.  It leaves me on the receiving end of Dragoon, a lot. O:<

They DEFINITELY nerfed All-Star in the WiiU update (not that it didn't damn well need it).  The AI doesn't seem much different, but their launch rate is way down, making it much easier to survive at higher damage levels.  I cleared with Duck Hunt in only two attempts yesterday, that just leaves 9.0 without losing a life as my only un-hammerable challenge left.

So, yeah, 9.0's tactics can be trying, to say the least.  I only ever did clear it once, as Ike surprisingly.  Right now I'm trying a defensive Yoshi.  Hating Fortress's danger zones still.  And I am NOT doing the Home Run Bat equip again in Classic, you don't get to use it in the boss battle (this actually surprised me since you do keep it in Crazy Orders), and before I found that out, I got to enjoy Little Mac countering a home run swing.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5846 on: April 19, 2015, 05:32:58 PM
Anyone else have this?  Whatever I pick up is usually dropped within two hits, while the AI takes a few dozen for the same.

I think I get that, too. Sometimes it doesn't take as much force to make the AI drop a ship/cannon part, though.

amiibo!Marth's product page is back up on Toys 'R Us, though he's not in stock yet. Given how close April is to ending, I'm assuming that there won't be pre-orders and you'll have to manually check the store/site.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5847 on: April 19, 2015, 11:37:32 PM
The AI in Smash4 is especially effective because they added pattern recognition into it. It starts to learn how you react to situations and tries to do moves that would go good against it.

Playing a 10 stock battle will put this on full display. You'll start off doing great and by the half way point, they've got 4 stock left and you're in orbit for the lose.

I only play against lv9's so I'm not sure how the other difficulties differ in regards to this pattern recognition.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5848 on: April 20, 2015, 01:45:08 AM
I can pretty reliably take regular fighters on 9.0 as Yoshi.  But the Master Core, that's another story.  That damn big-jaw-beast form is where I run into trouble with the "don't lose any lives" Challenge.  It LOVES to wait for your attack and counter by leaping into the background, which is perfectly timed so that your own attack lag makes it impossible to dodge 99% of the time.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #5849 on: April 20, 2015, 03:32:12 AM
I just used Charizard and spammed Rock Smash, with equipment buffing his attack. Just wanted to finish that challenge haha

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything