Super Smash Bros. Thread

Akamaru · 661445

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #5600 on: March 03, 2015, 11:43:13 PM
OK cool. Also it'd be nice if those guys got reprints elsewhere. I passed on a CF before, I wouldn't mind getting one for standard price.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #5601 on: March 04, 2015, 12:56:30 AM
I've basically accepted the inevitability that I'll never get the amiibos I want.

Guess I'll just get a Luigi.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #5602 on: March 04, 2015, 02:57:17 AM
OK cool. Also it'd be nice if those guys got reprints elsewhere. I passed on a CF before, I wouldn't mind getting one for standard price.
That's pretty much my mentality on Little Mac.  Although I suppose even if the reissues happen overseas, there's no telling if they'll go any better than the first round.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #5603 on: March 04, 2015, 07:04:13 PM
Just a heads up guys, Best Buy is getting some more Little Mac and Captain Falcon, its not on the website and chances are its just stock that was held up in the dock strike. I checked my store and they don't have any in transit but two others in the Distribution Center area are getting 4-12 in this week (Both in Minnesota). And while they don't have any coming in personally they said to come back in on friday because they might be able to get one of each transferred over to hold for me.

So basically, check your local best buys if you don't have them and want them.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #5604 on: March 04, 2015, 09:59:33 PM
EDIT: Yea, you are free to give the gifts to anyone, regardless of creator/ownership (though I think you can only change ownership on the Wii U ver, couldn't find it in n3DS). The gifts are the same, although you can't duplicate it across different consoles (the 2nd time you try to save an amiibo, it will actually tell you the data was already overwritten and therefore cannot be saved). Well, at least, not without a powersave.

I finally got to try this for myself, and I've come across a rub. One of the gifts my Marth was to receive on WiiU was the Mini Top Hat. I already have that hat on WiiU, but it's one of the ones I'm missing on 3DS. So I scanned my Marth in on 3DS, and the hat changed to a Red Ribbon, which I already have. I didn't pay attention to the trophies or equipment I got, but the amount of gifts were the same, they were the same types, and the money carried over exactly.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #5605 on: March 05, 2015, 09:44:42 PM
I'm kinda late to the Smash party, having only played Brawl back in the day. But I recently scored a copy of Melee, and I also bought the new GC controller, so I'm pretty excited to get into Smash (or into the most popular game anyway).

Any characters that are easier for a new player to learn, especially regarding the more technical movement/control techniques? I know Brawl isn't exactly a reference, and my character of choice was Sonic, so I cannot be less familiar with the Melee roster, haha. ><

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #5606 on: March 06, 2015, 04:35:47 AM
Link is universally the easiest character to learn. (Even though Toon Link = Better Link).

If you want a more fast-paced character you can try Lucina, who's basically Marth except you don't need to focus on tipping. Zero Suit Samus is also a good one if you like dodging.

If you're going for something a bit heavier I see a lot of newer players playing Bowser and Ganondorf.

I can't really give many details because I only main Toon Link, Robin, Lucina, and Zero Suit Samus, and on top of that, I've only played Luigi, Wii Fit Trainer, and Pikachu semi-regularly and I'm no good with any of those three. Haven't touched the others more than once, if at all.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #5607 on: March 06, 2015, 12:38:37 PM
Thanks for the help, but I was talking about Melee. :)

Still, Link sounds good.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #5608 on: March 06, 2015, 12:47:22 PM
I don't know why I thought you were referring to Sm4sh.

Melee is a [parasitic bomb] and I don't play it.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5609 on: March 07, 2015, 02:41:27 AM
Melee is when "Fox only" was born, so there's that.

In terms of the easiest to pick up, I'd say Marth.

Just a heads up guys, Best Buy is getting some more Little Mac and Captain Falcon, its not on the website and chances are its just stock that was held up in the dock strike. I checked my store and they don't have any in transit but two others in the Distribution Center area are getting 4-12 in this week (Both in Minnesota). And while they don't have any coming in personally they said to come back in on friday because they might be able to get one of each transferred over to hold for me.

So basically, check your local best buys if you don't have them and want them.
D'oh!  I guess if I was going to try for Mac, today would have been a good time.  Oh well.  I had a busy afternoon and the weather was ugly as sin anyway.

On the upshot, I got my Ike on Wednesday.  For whatever reason, Megs got shipped separately and I'm still waiting on him.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #5610 on: March 08, 2015, 11:57:25 AM
More weird amiibo gift stuff.

In my last session of amiibo fights, 4 of them received hats as gifts. One of those hats was new to my WiiU. But before receiving it I scanned all 4 of them in on my New3DS. The new hat, a Zelda Wig, did not change when I scanned the amiibo into New3DS, even though every other hat has changed before tonight. Also, one of the hats that was a repeat on WiiU became a new hat when scanned into New3DS.

Money amounts have never changed. Equipment doesn't seem to change either. I haven't checked with custom moves much, but they seem to stay the same. Obviously trophies are going to change cause the 2 versions have different trophies. But it's weird that hats change like this. I'm assuming outfits would change as well, but I haven't paid attention to them cause I already have all of them in both versions.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5611 on: March 08, 2015, 03:23:59 PM
Looks like Product Safety Information went up for the Wave 4 amiibos.

Means we might be able to expect preorders soon.

EDIT: This also appeared in the product safety site.
The general assumption is that its a Splatoon amiibo
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 08:04:13 PM by Clefunky! »

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5612 on: March 12, 2015, 08:20:51 PM
Heads up to those of us in Europe. Little Mac, Villager, Marth and Captain Falcon have all been confirmed for a re-release there. Seeing as only Marth has been confirmed for a US Re-release and the other three have been for Japan, it checks out (Though I wish Mac and Villager would be reissued in the US.)

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #5613 on: March 16, 2015, 01:50:09 AM
More weird amiibo gift stuff.

In my last session of amiibo fights, 4 of them received hats as gifts. One of those hats was new to my WiiU. But before receiving it I scanned all 4 of them in on my New3DS. The new hat, a Zelda Wig, did not change when I scanned the amiibo into New3DS, even though every other hat has changed before tonight. Also, one of the hats that was a repeat on WiiU became a new hat when scanned into New3DS.

Money amounts have never changed. Equipment doesn't seem to change either. I haven't checked with custom moves much, but they seem to stay the same. Obviously trophies are going to change cause the 2 versions have different trophies. But it's weird that hats change like this. I'm assuming outfits would change as well, but I haven't paid attention to them cause I already have all of them in both versions.

Ah, in that case, sorry for the misinformation. My best guess is that the unlockable hats/custom moves are determined differently between Wii U and 3DS because of the challenges. For example, in 3DS the Princess Zelda Wig must first be obtained via challenge before it can be unlocked via random customs (which is extremely stupid because a duplicate hat is entirely useless).

3DS challenge list
Wii U challenge list

EDIT: So I checked my amiibo gifts, and they are indeed still all the same, everything except trophies. I believe mine are all the same because I've already unlocked everything in both versions. One of the hats I received is Spartan Helmet, which is a challenge-unlocked hat in the 3DS version.

EDIT2: Here's a Miiverse post.
1. Wii U 100%
2. 3DS 100%
3. 3DS 0% (after file delete)

Notice the 3rd has the exact same formation and number of gifts, but completely different, even the equipment (most likely because of the unlockable characters modifying what is determined by RNG). Hope that answers the mystery.

By the way, as if to be super ironic, the Cow Skull Hat was the last 3DS hat I was missing when I originally was completing the game. I spent I think 3 days of nonstop Classic 9.0 grinding just for that, accumulating over 99 Link trophies, 99 Ganondorf trophies, and 63 Toon Link trophies.

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5614 on: March 17, 2015, 01:15:13 PM
Japan is getting a reprint of Villager, Captain Falcon, and Little Mac: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/information/2015/0303.html

They're also getting a reprint of WFT, and they're currently up for pre-order on Play-Asia at $20 each before shipping.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #5615 on: March 18, 2015, 01:14:47 AM
Should rename this thread to the "Clefant Bitches About Amiibos Thread"!

(i'm kidding ilu)

Should get me some of that WFT ass tho...

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5616 on: March 18, 2015, 01:38:01 AM
You're in luck, of the three really rare Wave 1 amiibos WFT is the cheapest one to still find.

WFT's still up for order on Play-Asia too, all the others are gone.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5617 on: March 19, 2015, 03:35:58 AM
My Mega Man appears to be lost in the mail, and because I still cling to the vain hope of it arriving before I'm compelled to contact PayPal, I passed up on the chance to get one at MSRP at WalMart last Friday. O:<

Oh well, Ike is still awesome.

Spring approaches, and that the Mewtwo DLC is coming...sometime.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5618 on: March 31, 2015, 06:46:29 PM
Thanks to some helpful goons on Something awful and some luckiness, I've managed to acquire ALL of Smash Wave 3 (Alongside a Toad and Gold Mario from the SMB line).

I only have Marth and Pit left to lock down (Little Mac and Villager are still scheduled for May on the reissue) before Wave 4.

Reminder that today's the last day to register both Smash for both 3DS and Wii U to obtain a Mewtwo code, so if you haven't already and you want him, better get to it!

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5619 on: April 01, 2015, 12:38:36 AM
I think I finally don't suck completely at the game. Main: Zero Suit Samus

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #5620 on: April 01, 2015, 03:50:48 AM
Fricklefrackle, I missed the Mewtwo DLC deadline because I don't have the games! :W

Someone download Mewtwo and kick some major ass with him for me! O^O

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5621 on: April 01, 2015, 04:22:33 AM
Rest assured, Quickie, it shall be done. 8)

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #5622 on: April 01, 2015, 05:37:56 AM
I think I finally don't suck completely at the game. Main: Zero Suit Samus

ha
hahaha
ha
HA

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5623 on: April 02, 2015, 12:01:07 AM
Seems Mewtwo Y is the Final Smash.

He's out on the 28th. But we get him free on the 15th if you got both games registered.

More costumes for Miis (Including more character costumes, Megaman X! Protoman! Link!, Dunban!)

LUCAS!!!! Probably June.

They're opening an official ballot to ask people who they want future games.

Also Wave 4 is May 29th.  July is the Kid Icarus wrap up with Dark Pit and Palutena, Wave 5 is Ganondorf, ZSS, Doc Mario, Olimar and I think Bowser Jr. in September

Amiibo for Mewtwo and Lucas later on.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #5624 on: April 02, 2015, 12:45:48 AM
Mewtwo Strikes Back

YES

YYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSS