Akamaru · 661814

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #5550 on: February 13, 2015, 01:26:04 AM
I think I hear that clip once in a blue moon? Maybe that was in my head.  It is odd to hear him silent so often, yeah.

For as much as Yoshi's animations have changed, his play style feels very much the same.  I still stick to his default specials.  I will say this: The more I experiment with other characters, the more I appreciate how wide the range of Yoshi's Up Smash is.

I know what you mean. I can't play as Palutena with default moves. I way prefer her other ones. I don't really use Miis, but I'm sure the same would apply to them.
I don't spend much time with Palutena, but you don't really need to play as her for long before realizing what an injustice it does her.  For me, the big one is Mega Man, as I MUCH prefer the Shadow Blade to Metal Blade, and Crash Bomb doesn't jive with my play style either.  Bowser and Ike present a few issues since fine tuning a heavyweight is pretty critical; given the choice there is not a single one of Ike's specials that I leave at the default.  Zero Suit Samus feels a lot better with a non-stun blaster and a longer recovery move, too.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5551 on: February 13, 2015, 01:32:56 AM
I think Metal Blade is pretty good, but Shadow Blade and Hyper Bomb are both better. Same thing with Ice Slasher & Danger Wrap over Crash Bomb. Haha, and we won't even get into how there's no need to use Leaf Shield when you get Skull Barrier! XD

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5552 on: February 13, 2015, 01:43:07 AM
Yeah, Ice Slasher is the better "straightforward" move for sure, but I was surprised how much I wound up liking Danger Wrap.  It may have an odd angle, but it's ridiculously powerful and wonderful for punishing people trying to approach from the air.
Haha, and we won't even get into how there's no need to use Leaf Shield when you get Skull Barrier! XD
YES. 8)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5553 on: February 13, 2015, 01:50:29 AM
Oh no, Danger Wrap is fantastic for every reason you mentioned. While I still love Beat, it's reaaaaally hard to take off Rush!

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5554 on: February 13, 2015, 04:33:49 AM
On the topic of Palutena I've been forcing myself to get used to her default stuff, I've lost alot of matches with her but sometimes I just take characters like Killager off guard. (Reflecting a gyroid riding one off the stage was a fun experience  8D )

As for characters I prefer Peach, Megaman, Diddy mostly like I said trying to learn Palutena and I've getting better with Kirby lately too. Peach is my best character for sure though.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #5555 on: February 13, 2015, 06:39:56 AM
It's important to be able to master both customs and defaults. After I got used to my custom Robin it got really hard for me to put up with his regular recovery, burning Arcfire, and longer charge time for Thoron, but now I practice both and I can play both with and without customs competently.

Also PB u shud  fite meh

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #5556 on: February 13, 2015, 06:42:12 AM
The only real Custom move I use with Zero Suit Samus is the Dash to replace the Whip for her Side B.  I have to check if I did anything else, admittedly I mostly use her Kung Fu moves.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #5557 on: February 15, 2015, 01:28:07 AM
There are pictures and video of a potential leak that shows Rayman in the game. Potential cause it looks kinda convincing, and of any other 3rd party characters Rayman is probably the best pick. On the other hand, it only shows the character select screen and his character art (and Mewtwo's icon) so that would be easier to fake than an actual match. I have a horrible record picking real vs. fake in these things so I don't know.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5558 on: February 15, 2015, 04:07:56 AM
I've seen it.  There are tiny misalignments in the name bars between characters on the select screen, oddly enough more noticeable with the real characters than with Rayman and Mewtwo.  For whatever reason whoever created that image altered the name format, poorly.  The top half of the characters names should be overlapping their artwork, instead they extended the black bars at the bottom to eliminate that but didn't bother to line up the top edges.

Side note, the Mewtwo art is original and well detailed as far as I can tell, but his face looks quite a bit softer than his game model from the announcement video.

So yeah, the image is fake.  But the idea of Rayman as DLC is believable, at least.

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #5559 on: February 15, 2015, 10:25:31 AM
I just finished doing a Four Swords amiibo custom, really happy with how it turned out: http://imgur.com/a/fU4bV
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

About the leak, I personally thought the video was pretty convincing. The 3DS ESRB leak had all sorts of oddities, like strange bold lines, Yoshi's odd placement, or the change in Fox's CSS background color, but that ended up being true.

Couldn't help but think, with all the 3rd-party-Mans:
[spoiler]

Kept you waiting, huh?
[/spoiler]

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaoB7lnOiXM

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #5560 on: February 15, 2015, 09:23:29 PM
Wow. That was really well done. And it was really cool to see how he did it.

He's still a dick though.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #5561 on: February 15, 2015, 09:39:06 PM
I didn't believe Rayman from the start but that was a pretty well done "leak".

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5562 on: February 15, 2015, 10:59:37 PM
I had my doubts from the start since Ubi has done [parasitic bomb] all for Nintendo, but the nerd rage over this is amazing.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5563 on: February 17, 2015, 12:56:37 AM
At least we don't have to see how they would do a Rayman Amiibo.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #5564 on: February 17, 2015, 01:08:01 AM
This is [tornado fang]ing hilarious. XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5565 on: February 17, 2015, 01:09:41 AM
Or alternately think how many plastic supports would they have to use for the limbs anyway. XD

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #5566 on: February 17, 2015, 06:55:27 AM
Can anyone tell me of a control setup that is ideal for someone with big hands and doesn't to destroy their 3DS?

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #5567 on: February 17, 2015, 07:22:05 AM
Can anyone tell me of a control setup that is ideal for someone with big hands and doesn't to destroy their 3DS?

• Does anyone have an ideal button mapping for someone with big hands? I don't want to ruin my 3DS buttons and I don't want to destroy my 3DS.

uh

1. Turn off Tap Jumping, that'll stop you from jumping when the circle pad is moved up. Its very helpful. The normal button config should be fine.

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #5568 on: February 17, 2015, 07:35:44 AM
Just wanted to say that Tap Jump isn't entirely useless. With Tap Jump On, you can Up Smash/Up B out of shield more easily, whereas with Tap Jump Off you have to press Jump at the same time. Some characters like Fox benefit from it greatly. Other characters like Yoshi or Meta Knight are better to have it off. It's character dependent.

EDIT: Some interesting amiibo stats:

Source

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #5569 on: February 17, 2015, 08:35:39 AM
You know, when the top 10 in the US list are basically the only ones that are typically available (And also when you have four amiibos tucked away in Retailer exclusitivity when other countries don't have that problem) its a small wonder that those are the ones that sell the best.  ::)

I'll say this, I did see Marth, Villager and WFT at Walmart ONCE like right after Smash 4 came out. Never again. But other than that, all the other ones outside of that list that I haven't acquired I've NEVER seen, they're either never stocked here (Toon Link, Dedede, Little Mac, Capt. Falcon) are sold out well in advance or were "muh retailer exclusives" (Shulk, Pit) or have simply vanished from existence because they're supposedly "discontinued" (Lucario, Rosalina).

Really [tornado fang]ing sick of this scarcity nonsense and all the scalper bullshit as well. I'd import but the [parasitic bomb] I want is sold out overseas as well.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #5570 on: February 18, 2015, 04:41:54 AM
You know, when the top 10 in the US list are basically the only ones that are typically available (And also when you have four amiibos tucked away in Retailer exclusitivity when other countries don't have that problem) its a small wonder that those are the ones that sell the best.  ::)

I'll say this, I did see Marth, Villager and WFT at Walmart ONCE like right after Smash 4 came out. Never again. But other than that, all the other ones outside of that list that I haven't acquired I've NEVER seen, they're either never stocked here (Toon Link, Dedede, Little Mac, Capt. Falcon) are sold out well in advance or were "muh retailer exclusives" (Shulk, Pit) or have simply vanished from existence because they're supposedly "discontinued" (Lucario, Rosalina).

Really [tornado fang]ing sick of this scarcity nonsense and all the scalper bullshit as well. I'd import but the [parasitic bomb] I want is sold out overseas as well.
It really is sad, I spent all Saturday night searching for Pit, and the cheapest BY FAR was an import from Germany on EBay UK.

Iwata just reaffirmed the card thing, which is great for functionality I guess but doesn't help anyone looking for an actual figure of characters who otherwise almost never get one.

The scalpers are horrendous.  Spotted one seller burn through 90 Pits at 50 bucks a pop.  I sincerely hope Nintendo ninja-launches their next few reissues in droves just to screw with them.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5571 on: February 18, 2015, 05:33:06 AM
Yeah, I honestly think the card thing should be reserved to "Large Cast" games. Like Pokemon or Animal Crossing (And maybe Fire Emblem as well) with like a few figures of like the main characters (Villager, Pikachu, Marth/*Insert Lord Here*) and fan-favorites/popular ones (Isabelle, Tom Nook, K.K. Slider for AC. Mewtwo, Lucario and whatever main Legendaries of the game for Pokemon. Anna, Lyndis, Roy as examples for Fire Emblem, especially if they do that thing like with Awakening where you could get characters from other games as additional units everywhere and they could do that with Amiibos like they're doing with Codename STEAM.) and then have cards for the rest of the cast.

I just hope they don't do any blind-packaging bullshit. If I want to get cards I'd get like a set that is guaranteed to have these 5 cards or whatever instead of "What will you get?" and you get 5 [tornado fang]ing luvdisc or something.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #5572 on: February 18, 2015, 05:51:16 AM
I just hope they don't do any blind-packaging bullshit. If I want to get cards I'd get like a set that is guaranteed to have these 5 cards or whatever instead of "What will you get?" and you get 5 [tornado fang]ing luvdisc or something.

Oh god that would be evil.

I recently contracted the amiibo fever. Snagged a Sheik off of Gamestop's website, and got Mega Man, Marth, and Ike off ebay. Mega Man was $30, that's average. Marth and Ike were together, I won at $65, which is a steal. Although it was a EU Marth, but I'm gonna use it so that doesn't matter.

Already have Link, Zelda, and Samus. And the only other ones I want are ZSS and Lucina, and Mewtwo if they make one. I'm not gonna go crazy with this. Just get the ones I want and that's it. I got lucky with the four above, and I'm gonna cash out early.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5573 on: February 18, 2015, 06:52:23 AM
Yeah, I hit the fever really bad.

I've got Link, Sheik, Zelda, Bowser, DK, Diddy, Peach, Yoshi, Luigi, Samus, Fox with Toon Link on the way and Megaman and Sonic preordered, I plan to go to Best Buy at 10am on Friday to see if I can snag an Ike and Meta Knight (They claim to have both available).

I'm a bit sour about the whole Rosalina thing with Target, a bit annoyed that Shulk's getting a second run in May and that I found out too late to be able to preorder. Frustrated that anything that's even the slightest bit uncommon (Or is something I want, like Captain Falcon) is completely unavailable anywhere nearby because the shelf space is reserved for the 20 Marios and DKs that they have there instead.

The scalpers are making it worse, but Nintendo's at fault too for trying to Beanie Baby this [parasitic bomb].

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #5574 on: February 18, 2015, 07:04:15 AM
I had a chance to get a Captain Falcon when they first came out. Too bad that was before I cared about this stuff. I'm kicking myself now, cause that would've been cool to have.

Also, last week I was told Gamestop can order you a Shulk to be delivered to your home. He's not one I want though. I'm not really feeling it.