Super Smash Bros. Thread

Akamaru · 661716

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #5525 on: February 01, 2015, 12:07:29 PM
Apparently there was some Smash competition being streamed that apparently I'm a scumbag for not watching.
Because I totally care.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5526 on: February 01, 2015, 04:14:23 PM
Wait...why would not watching a Stream make you a scumbag?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #5527 on: February 02, 2015, 05:39:28 AM
Rumors going around that Wave 3's second half (Because they split it in two again) of Ike, "King Deedle", Sonic and Megaman aren't going to be available in-store at Target. Also Rosalina isn't going to be restocked after this first go (And stores are getting a MINIMUM of eight and they're going to try and enforce a limit of two to deter re-sellers).

Again, rumors.

By the way apparently Toon Link and Sheik are supposed to be out today but I sure as [parasitic bomb] couldn't find them.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #5528 on: February 02, 2015, 11:50:43 AM
So apparently this guy entered a Fox amiibo and it took 3rd place in a tournament.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/26/story-fox-amiibo-nearly-won-super-smash-bros-tournament/

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5529 on: February 04, 2015, 03:34:15 AM
Rosalina's been completely removed from Target's website.

So if you want her best start looking for imported ones.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #5530 on: February 10, 2015, 03:14:59 AM
3DS amiibo update is tomorrow

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #5531 on: February 10, 2015, 10:08:47 AM
  • Does anyone have an ideal button mapping for someone with big hands? I don't want to ruin my 3DS buttons and I don't want to destroy my 3DS.
  • Also, why does Japan hate Lucas?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5532 on: February 12, 2015, 02:57:41 AM
1. Turn off Tap Jumping, that'll stop you from jumping when the circle pad is moved up. Its very helpful. The normal button config should be fine.
2. Japan doesn't hate Lucas, he was just a Ness Clone and was simply cut from the roster.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #5533 on: February 12, 2015, 03:17:07 AM
Isn't Dr. Mario the same though?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5534 on: February 12, 2015, 03:20:49 AM
So is Dark Pit, and Lucina.

They probably didn't feel any need to include Lucas again seeing as the Mother series is basically done and we're never getting Mother 3 stateside.

Its a mystery, but he lies with Wolf, Pichu and Young Link now.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #5535 on: February 12, 2015, 04:20:41 AM
The clones started off as Alt costumes though (kind of like what they did with Robin and Wii Fit Trainer), but then they decided to change their stats and moves a bit.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #5536 on: February 12, 2015, 04:25:42 AM
The clones started off as Alt costumes though (kind of like what they did with Robin and Wii Fit Trainer), but then they decided to change their stats and moves a bit.
All explained in this neat package that showed up in my Sub Box.

Super Smash Bros Part 5 - Did You Know Gaming? Feat. Smash Bros Announcer Xander Mobus!

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #5537 on: February 12, 2015, 05:50:57 AM
So is Dark Pit, and Lucina.

They probably didn't feel any need to include Lucas again seeing as the Mother series is basically done and we're never getting Mother 3 stateside.

Its a mystery, but he lies with Wolf, Pichu and Young Link now.

Well, Dark Pit actually has a different moveset IIRC.

Lucina is really similar to Marth but she's not reliant on tipping. Her damage is more evenly spread.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #5538 on: February 12, 2015, 06:56:34 AM
Well, Dark Pit actually has a different moveset IIRC.

Nope. They share the same moves. The only thing different is his Final Smash, but it acts exactly like Zelda and Sheik's.

The funny thing about Smash4's clones, I prefer using them over their originals. Dark Pit is a bit stronger which I prefer. Dr. Mario even moreso, plus no FLUDD. And Lucina has boobs.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5539 on: February 12, 2015, 06:58:49 AM
The funny thing about Smash4's clones, I prefer using them over their originals. Dark Pit is a bit stronger which I prefer. Dr. Mario even moreso, plus no FLUDD. And Lucina has boobs.

Love love love that Dr. Mario is back. But yeah I agree.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5540 on: February 12, 2015, 07:03:55 AM

I actually don't really like using Pit at all, Dr. Mario is better for no FLUDD (Though I would've liked if he had something different for his FS but hey 8-bit pills are okay too.)
Lucina's non-reliance on tipping and Marth seeming to be a little less useful in this than he was in Melee or Brawl (I think he feels weaker, honestly.) make her a lot better. Plus that Laura Bailey doing the voicework.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #5541 on: February 12, 2015, 10:39:15 AM
Let's not forget Toon Link is based god

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5542 on: February 12, 2015, 10:42:27 AM
Toon Link does have the advantage of being a relevant link regardless thanks to the Toon artstyle being used so often.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #5543 on: February 12, 2015, 05:39:42 PM
And the fact that he's better.
In general.
He my bae <3

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #5544 on: February 12, 2015, 07:07:18 PM
Adult Link got some great buffs that make me prefer him over TL in this game.

I actually don't use a lot of my Brawl regulars in 4 anymore. Luigi just doesn't feel right anymore for some reason, Falco has nothing left, and Wolf missed the bus.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #5545 on: February 12, 2015, 08:28:06 PM
The thing with Toon Link and Link is that they traded the pogo sword from Brawl, which is [parasitic bomb]. I could never stand pogo sword. Plus, TL just FEELS faster and lighter, and I happen to prefer light characters. (Robin's the heaviest I'm willing to play.)

I also like Link in this game too (that dash attack <3) but I just feel like my bae is just a BIT faster and that makes a world of difference to me. (Smaller hitbox helps too.)

I need to play Luigi more. I actually really like him in Sm4sh.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5546 on: February 12, 2015, 10:50:21 PM
I still use Toon Link, Fox, and Peach a lot. Dr. Mario and Mega Man as well, cause I'm so happy to have them in this game. Pac-Man is also fun.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #5547 on: February 13, 2015, 12:18:32 AM
More or less agreed.  I still like regular Pit since he's regular Pit, and his Upperdash Arm feels a bit better.  But Dark Pit's extra "oomph" to his attacks all-around is helpful.  Doc is much preferred to Mario (though more because I dislike the tornado being a down air than it is anything with FLUDD itself) and Lucina is a serious contender for my third main (it's basically between her and Ike).

I'm still wishing that custom special attacks were utilized more consistently, even if for the sake of game balance the stat items aren't (For Fun and All-Star are the two big ones).  It's a pain to settle on a preferred move set only to be forced out of it depending on the game mode.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #5548 on: February 13, 2015, 12:45:20 AM
I know what you mean. I can't play as Palutena with default moves. I way prefer her other ones. I don't really use Miis, but I'm sure the same would apply to them.

I don't think the competitive scene uses them either, which is a shame cause they could help some of the lower tier characters out, and expand the meta game. Though the biggest shame of it is no one really wants to spend the time to grind out getting all the moves on multiple systems just for tournament use.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5549 on: February 13, 2015, 12:48:37 AM
I'm sure as more tournaments come about, they will allow for custom characters & moves. Hopefully. Cause yeah, I like Fox with the charge blaster.

Also, I'm surprised no one (especially Hypershell) has mentioned the grave, GRAVE injustice of removing Yoshi's BAH-RRRRING POP!" BTW, how do you like Yoshi, Shell?