Super Smash Bros. Thread

Akamaru · 661555

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4750 on: August 26, 2014, 07:02:47 AM
I'd prefer he use the viruses as well. Heh, that's the Down Special I gave him when I retooled the character in the Bitchslap thread. I'm just saying that I'd have no problem if they went back to that spin move. I just don't want the FLUDD.

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #4751 on: August 26, 2014, 09:48:10 AM
Personally, I'm happy with the current known roster. Shulk was really the only one I wanted left, moreso because I want more representation for fresh blood, and also because not having Xenoblade music would be a damn shame.

The other additions [spoiler]Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt Dog, Doctor Mario, Dark Pit[/spoiler] I don't personally agree with, but they don't really make me angry or anything. I've come to the realization that Smash roster leaks tend to be really disappointing, not just because characters people wanted didn't make the cut, but mainly because the characters weren't interesting enough to make a hype reveal for (hence why they're saved for post-release) which explains why they're "meh" on discovery.

There are 5 slots left, and a leaked image of locked All-Star Mode means there are definitely more characters left. Whether they're missing vets [spoiler](Ice Climbers, Lucas, Wolf, Snake, Mewtwo)[/spoiler] or entirely new characters remains to be seen.

Personally, I just want to see alternate colors and costumes. I read somewhere that [spoiler]everyone has 8 colors/costumes and that Bowser Jr. alts are the Koopalings. That really sounds like a stretch, and also weird since there would be announcer name changes, but that many alts for every character would get me stoked.[/spoiler]

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #4752 on: August 26, 2014, 07:56:14 PM
So I only got this through word of mouth, but the business involving the leaker isn't pretty. A Nintendo of America employee got sacked and will probably be sued for breaching NDA, as you probably already know, but he'll also probably get blacklisted in the gaming industry after all this. However, apparently logs of skype chats, doxxes going around and other things implicate that the employee isn't entirely to blame; supposedly he only spread some pics, vids, info among a close circle of friends, and a sixteen-year-old was among them (to the point that the teen promised he wouldn't leak any of it in a skype chat). And then the teen did so anyway under the 'alias' of [chameleon sting]ing Leaker on 4chan and other sites anyway because he craved attention, and added in fake bullshit along the way just to entice people like the DLC stuff, but forgot to hide the ingame names and so forth that would directly point straight to the employee's copy being the source.

In other words, the employee was an idiot on one hand, but if this is true then one of his 'friends' effectively ruined his career for ten minutes of e-fame for themselves with no credit.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4753 on: August 26, 2014, 07:58:10 PM
God that's really sad and irresponsible.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4754 on: August 26, 2014, 08:19:29 PM
If that's true, it's still entirely his fault. You cannot do that. I mean, I've known people who have worked in the industry and they're not allowed to spread that kind of [parasitic bomb] around. To anyone. That includes friends and family. I mean, look at Fxeni. He doesn't tell us crap, cause he knows that it's his job if he does.

Hell, I just hung out with a friend who works for a phone company. He told me a new model phone is coming out very shortly that's going to be "the phone of phones" and even he doesn't have access to it yet, due to fear of technology leaks.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #4755 on: August 26, 2014, 08:25:28 PM
Heard about this as well, its still just a rumor of course but its still pretty bad.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #4756 on: August 26, 2014, 08:46:44 PM
If that's true, it's still entirely his fault. You cannot do that. I mean, I've known people who have worked in the industry and they're not allowed to spread that kind of [parasitic bomb] around. To anyone. That includes friends and family. I mean, look at Fxeni. He doesn't tell us crap, cause he knows that it's his job if he does.

Hell, I just hung out with a friend who works for a phone company. He told me a new model phone is coming out very shortly that's going to be "the phone of phones" and even he doesn't have access to it yet, due to fear of technology leaks.

Yeah, I never denied the matters of him being an idiot. It's still a flagrant breach of NDA, and at the very least he could've just provided a couple pics or some rumor-like info since the game's close to release anyway so that it's considered to be fakeable. By giving the kid all the videos and images, however, or by letting the kid personally take them and then only holding him to a promise on Skype of all things, he effectively sealed his own fate if he should've known the kid craved attention.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4757 on: August 27, 2014, 12:18:03 AM

100% true. We had problems on Guitar Hero 4 with leaks. We had a corporate wide "friendly reminder" email about it. Some heads rolled. They take that [parasitic bomb] seriously.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4758 on: August 27, 2014, 12:21:44 AM
Yeah I don't know how that guy, if this is true, thought that he could get away with leaking this stuff to his friends.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4759 on: August 27, 2014, 12:23:04 AM
Not surprised in the least at that. That's why you either keep quiet, or keep it super vague. Keeping quiet is generally the best and smartest way to go about things. Screenshots or videos? Absolutely the worst thing you could do, outside of leaking a build itself.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4760 on: August 27, 2014, 12:24:04 AM
Still, guess this means the leaks were legit if people are getting fired and copyright claims are getting tossed about.

I imagine Sakurai's annoyed.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4761 on: August 27, 2014, 12:29:25 AM
Shulk, Baby Bowser, and Ganondorf anyway.  At least the DLC was fake, seriously why do people think the Chorus Kids should be playable characters?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4762 on: August 27, 2014, 12:38:31 AM
Why do people think Ice Climbers or Lucas would be DLC?

[tornado fang]ing Ice Climbers, as DLC. That's just not something that would happen.

And don't get me started on the Ridley/Mewtwo bullshit again.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4763 on: August 27, 2014, 12:45:11 AM
Not surprised in the least at that. That's why you either keep quiet, or keep it super vague. Keeping quiet is generally the best and smartest way to go about things. Screenshots or videos? Absolutely the worst thing you could do, outside of leaking a build itself.
I had a friend who was a tester for SEGA. At one point he muttered to me how there was a Thor game coming based on the movie. I looked it up and saw SEGA was making it, so I knew he was testing it. He didn't tell me anything about the game, merely that it existed because of the NDA. That's how you keep it vague.

Granted that game was bad (he even let me know that after the game was out and the NDA expired) but still.

Yeah Sakurai must be quite annoyed.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4764 on: August 27, 2014, 12:49:19 AM
Why do people think Ice Climbers or Lucas would be DLC?

[tornado fang]ing Ice Climbers, as DLC. That's just not something that would happen.

And don't get me started on the Ridley/Mewtwo bullshit again.

Was mentioned with the last leak, if I recall correctly. Snake too.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4765 on: August 27, 2014, 12:51:25 AM
The DLC was faked by the 16 year old at least according to what was said.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #4766 on: August 27, 2014, 12:57:42 AM
This is the kind of stupidity that got Juju, the sniper of the Black Egrets from Skullgirls, wiped from canon existence. The character's creator just blab about her (possibly) being an additional character mere hours after she got accepted into the game. If you have a written agreement with the company you work for to never disclose confidential information, don't frickin' do it.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4767 on: August 27, 2014, 04:38:59 AM
Yeah I don't know how that guy, if this is true, thought that he could get away with leaking this stuff to his friends.

I just don't understand why he would risk it. It's your career on the line.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4768 on: August 27, 2014, 04:47:25 AM
I just don't understand why he would risk it. It's your career on the line.
Peer pressure maybe, we'll never know, if it's true.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4769 on: August 27, 2014, 04:59:02 AM
It's possible, but I'd like to think that the pressure of losing your job, losing your monetary income, and ruining your career would top that. Ah well.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4770 on: August 28, 2014, 10:17:54 AM

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4771 on: August 28, 2014, 10:24:33 AM
that green greens one is masashi hamauzu (of ff13 fame) haha

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4772 on: August 28, 2014, 09:21:55 PM
that green greens one is masashi hamauzu (of ff13 fame) haha

Thats fine by me, of all FF13's numerous issues it's soundtrack certainly wasn't one of them.  XD

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4773 on: August 28, 2014, 09:27:10 PM
Oh definitely. Great music there. Just wanted to point that out :3

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4774 on: August 28, 2014, 09:29:50 PM
I like how smash gets all these different composers together, makes for an interesting soundtrack overall.